Bristol-Cruiser

I went on a cruise ...

OK, don't be too hard on me, the cruise was to Antarctica and South Georgia. We thought (very briefly) about sailing there after our RTW but an open cockpit is not the way to go even if our Bristol was stout enough for the journey. We have friends doing it this year in a Garcia and they can run everything from inside the pilothouse. Some observations that are at least semi-political.

• I could see living in either Buenos Aires or Santiago (I think of this when I travel places). BA is sort of like your old aunt who used to be really rich but is faking it now since the money isn't there. It did seem to very European and very civilized, at least in the upper middle class areas we were in. Interestingly the biggest tourist attraction is the cemetery where the rich people are buried. Eva Peron's grave is quite modest. Santiago is a much more vibrant modern city. Felt quite different from BA but also nice. people were great in both spots.
  • We are comfortably well-off but not rich. We could afford this trip (cruise was $30,000 for two for 24 days) which meant that the people onboard were seriously rich. We could afford it because we sold our Bristol 45.5 and bought a Catalina 36 for Lake Ontario. the different in price paid for the trip. I decided that this meant that the cruise was effectively free - I did get a B in Econ 101. More than half of the passengers were American and they fell into three camps. Perhaps 50% were vehemently anti-Trump, while 40% thought he was a useful idiot. They did not talk much about their tax cuts but you got the impression they approved of these a lot. About 10% should have been wearing MAGA hats except they would only wear tailored hats and these had not come out - a missed opportunity for DJT.
  • You really see impacts of global warming in Antarctica and South Georgia. In the former, the temperatures are now 5°C than in the past. It is is specific things like the fact that more than 95% of the glaciers on the Peninsula are in retreat. The populations of sub-Antarctic penguins (e.g. Kings and Chinstraps) are booming while those of true Antarctic species like Adelies (which are as cute as can be) are declining significantly. This is because of habitat gain in one case and loss in the other. I think the climate change deniers only think about the science related to actual temperature change (and don't do a good job on that). They ignore the enormous about of work being done on the impact of CG such as glacier retreat and penguin populations.

Not looking at the political stuff, I highly recommend going deep south if you are interested and can swing the finances. It is incredible and spectacular in all respects (can I find some more superlatives?). It is wonderful to be in environments where people are an after-thought at best. If you can get to South Georgia it is well worth it. They only allow a few ships to go there each year and it makes for a longer cruise since it is so far east. We did Shackleton's small boat journey from Elephant Island to SG in reverse with a few more creature comforts ('Would you like some champagne with your caviar, sir?') and it was surprisingly not rough - waves to 3 m at most. Coming across the Drake Passage we had one semi-nasty day - swells were around 7 m but not too bad. Captain though it was about as good as you would ever get. We did have katabatic gusts over 60 knots for several hours in SG. These kept the last shore party onshore for about four extra hours.

I haven't sorted out my own photos yet. The photo below is by the 'expedition photographers', a couple who have done photos for National Geographic and the like. These are king penguins. The stuff blurred out in the back is part of the colony on South Georgia that has something like 300,000 birds in it. The ship gave us 50 of these photos along with a wonderful 20 minute video that the couple made during the trip. Booze was included in the price. I think I might have become an alcoholic if it was another month long. Food was great.

CTProductions-3.thumb.jpg.902e919e5407793ec36a4505fc35b506.jpg

CTProductions-4.jpg

• Like 7

Sounds interesting.  I’d like to eventual do one of the cruises through the canal and down South America but I’d probably want to ship the Antarctic part.

Any sightings of Slappy Jack?

Over the past ten years, I've been to the sites of a bunch of glaciers in the Northern Hemisphere..... just playing tourist. But it's interesting, I have never yet seen a glacier that is growing, and almost ALL of them have shrunk dramatically. From what I see in the news, it sounds like glaciers and ice sheets in the Southern Hemisphere are shrinking too.

If the globe is not warming, then it seems to me that at least SOME glaciers would be growing, if only to balance out the statistical averages. Are there any at all?

-DSK

27 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Over the past ten years, I've been to the sites of a bunch of glaciers in the Northern Hemisphere..... just playing tourist. But it's interesting, I have never yet seen a glacier that is growing, and almost ALL of them have shrunk dramatically. From what I see in the news, it sounds like glaciers and ice sheets in the Southern Hemisphere are shrinking too.

If the globe is not warming, then it seems to me that at least SOME glaciers would be growing, if only to balance out the statistical averages. Are there any at all?

-DSK

They *are* shrinking but it's not anything new. I've got first-hand explorers' accounts of their travels going back to the mid-late 19th Century and they all comment on glacial retreat back then.

One might argue that the rate of change has accelerated - on that I possess insufficient data to comment - but glacial retreat itself isn't anything new. Nor is global warming really, it's just that the modeling is fucked, has been fucked and probably will stay fucked because it's too complex to model properly.

As for seeing the deep South, I'd agree and God knows I've seen a lot of glaciers, ice, snow, icebergs and penguins in my time. Somewhere I've a photo of me lying on a pressure ridge on a big floe, ship in the background, with a bunch of Emperor penguins lying down around me. Probably the most intelligent conversation I had on the entire voyage, in retrospect.

FKT

• Like 1

Hey @Bristol-Cruiser THANK YOU!!! 

Some of us will only ever know of such places because folks like you willingly share your experiences. 

Your account was way shorter than I could enjoy but it reminded me of a short story I read a few years ago about a sailor climbing the frozen rigging at night on a sailing boat rounding the tip of South America..... people did that.. wow!! 

Thanks for your story 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

very cool - awesome pictures.

I've been as far south as Puerto Williams; someday I'll get further south. the relative evolution of Santiago & Buenos Aires is interesting over time. I thought it'd be cool to live in Valparaiso

5 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

They *are* shrinking but it's not anything new. I've got first-hand explorers' accounts of their travels going back to the mid-late 19th Century and they all comment on glacial retreat back then.

One might argue that the rate of change has accelerated - on that I possess insufficient data to comment - but glacial retreat itself isn't anything new. Nor is global warming really, it's just that the modeling is fucked, has been fucked and probably will stay fucked because it's too complex to model properly.

As for seeing the deep South, I'd agree and God knows I've seen a lot of glaciers, ice, snow, icebergs and penguins in my time. Somewhere I've a photo of me lying on a pressure ridge on a big floe, ship in the background, with a bunch of Emperor penguins lying down around me. Probably the most intelligent conversation I had on the entire voyage, in retrospect.

FKT

As Randumb is missing I would like to stand in for him briefly. 

Fucking shill cunt. 

1 hour ago, Gissie said:

As Randumb is missing I would like to stand in for him briefly. 

Fucking shill cunt. 

Thank you. It's nice to know that my efforts are appreciated.

I suppose the cheque's in the mail though. As per bloody usual.....

FKT

12 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

. From what I see in the news, it sounds like glaciers and ice sheets in the Southern Hemisphere are shrinking too.

-DSK

News flash:  Glaciers have been retreating since the end of the last Ice Age.

Redistributing wealth won't stop it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moderate said:

. From what I see in the news, it sounds like glaciers and ice sheets in the Southern Hemisphere are shrinking too.

-DSK

Redistributing wealth won't stop it

During a normal climate interval, taking it by decades just for an example, some glaciers will shrink and others will grow as temps/precipitation cycle around their norms.

When -all- glaciers are either growing or shrinking, then the norm itself is changing.

You are obviously too stupid to grasp this principle but I'm stating it here in the hopes that some others will let it sink in (pardon the pun).

-DSK

-DSK

yeah...you should have seen the glaciers where the Great Lakes are today...they were magnificent

Sounds like a great trip!

While you were in South Georgia, did you slip across the line into North Florida? It's almost impossible to tell the difference! ;)

2 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

yeah...you should have seen the glaciers where the Great Lakes are today...they were magnificent

I bet they were! Did you get some good photos?!?

-DSK

Bristol;

Cool trip to be a part of, congrats. 

11 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

,,, I've got first-hand explorers' accounts of their travels going back to the mid-late 19th Century and they all comment on glacial retreat back then.

I found exactly the same researching local mining history.  They made comment about deposits being exposed that would otherwise be completely hidden.

There was a mine only a couple hundred yards from the glaciers snout.

8 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Should we feel sad that those glaciers are gone?  Are more glaciers desirable?  Given that we are living in an ice age, is an ice age the optimal condition for life on Earth?

Just now, Mike in Seattle said:

Bristol;

Cool trip to be a part of, congrats. 

I found exactly the same researching local mining history.  They made comment about deposits being exposed that would otherwise be completely hidden.

There was a mine only a couple hundred yards from the glaciers snout.

Think of it this way with the world's population increasing at an exponential rate it is God's way of creating more habitat for humanity....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moderate said:

A bit early for the "Stupidest Post of the Day".

2 hours ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Think of it this way with the world's population increasing at an exponential rate it is God's way of creating more habitat for humanity....

I dunno, when you consider they spend all winter fucking, there is some appeal in becoming an Eskimo

-DSK

25 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

A bit early for the "Stupidest Post of the Day".

You win that award every day.

8 minutes ago, J28 said:

CNN - now that’s a reliable source for believable science news (or any news really).

Why yes it is.  Good on you.

Bristol-Cruiser, Your trip was spectacular and I have been thinking far too long of doing something similar. Please post pics when you have time. Buenos Aires is pretty nice, especially the area around Recoleta, but it's not home. I can live abroad for extended periods but at some point home calls.

2 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Sarcasm - I knew it was too heavy a lift for you @Bull Gator.

3 hours ago, Fakenews said:
3 hours ago, J28 said:

CNN - now that’s a reliable source for believable science news (or any news really).

But not nearly as reliable as Fox, Drudge and Breitbart.

12 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

But not nearly as reliable as Fox, Drudge and Breitbart.

Or Stormfront.  You should never leave out Stormfront.

12 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Or Stormfront.  You should never leave out Stormfront.

Or the King of Sites, Infowars.

4 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Bristol-Cruiser, Your trip was spectacular and I have been thinking far too long of doing something similar. Please post pics when you have time. Buenos Aires is pretty nice, especially the area around Recoleta, but it's not home. I can live abroad for extended periods but at some point home calls.

Actually we stayed in an airBnb in Recoleta. Very civilized neighbourhood with shops for fruit/veg, meat, flowers, etc. What I found very interesting is that there were lots of dogs being taken for a walk in Recoleta but they were all very small. In nearby Palermo which is quite ritzsy the dogs people had were quite big. I am sure there is a message there, not sure wha it is. We found in both Argentina and Chile there were lots of quite large (Golden Retriever sized) dogs sleeping on the streets. In North America similar unclaimed dogs were much smaller.

The major reason we gave up long distance cruising is that we have 4 1/2 very young grandkids and we did not want to be away for many months/years at a time. When we were considering sailing to Antarctica we were in the Caribbean. I figured the whole time commitment for the trip was two years because you would want to spend time in places along the way. The Pardeys claim that southern Brazil in one of the best cruising grounds in the world. Certainly the Chilean fiords would qualify from what we saw.

4 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Actually we stayed in an airBnb in Recoleta. Very civilized neighbourhood with shops for fruit/veg, meat, flowers, etc. What I found very interesting is that there were lots of dogs being taken for a walk in Recoleta but they were all very small. In nearby Palermo which is quite ritzsy the dogs people had were quite big. I am sure there is a message there, not sure wha it is. We found in both Argentina and Chile there were lots of quite large (Golden Retriever sized) dogs sleeping on the streets. In North America similar unclaimed dogs were much smaller.

The major reason we gave up long distance cruising is that we have 4 1/2 very young grandkids and we did not want to be away for many months/years at a time. When we were considering sailing to Antarctica we were in the Caribbean. I figured the whole time commitment for the trip was two years because you would want to spend time in places along the way. The Pardeys claim that southern Brazil in one of the best cruising grounds in the world. Certainly the Chilean fiords would qualify from what we saw.

Ahhh, the Patagonian Alps now there is another trip.....

7 hours ago, jzk said:

Should we feel sad that those glaciers are gone?  Are more glaciers desirable?  Given that we are living in an ice age, is an ice age the optimal condition for life on Earth?

I hope you are not as dumb as this post suggests but I fear that is not the case from your other postings. I was not suggesting that glacier retreat (or penguin habitat pattern change) were emotional things. Rather they are evidence of dramatically changing environments, especially in polar regions. We obviously have had numerous glacial periods in the past. What makes the last century or so striking is the rate of change, not the fact that change is happening. If you look at the (natural) rate of deglaciation you have to look at hundreds of years at the very least to see significant change. In most cases it is a matter of a few thousands. Our cruise had a variety of experts in fields ranging from glaciation to penguins, to polar exploration. Some of these folks have been coming to the same places in the Peninsula for 25 years or more - in one case for 50 years. In these relatively short periods they have seen enormous changes. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

I hope you are not as dumb as this post suggests but I fear that is not the case from your other postings. I was not suggesting that glacier retreat (or penguin habitat pattern change) were emotional things. Rather they are evidence of dramatically changing environments, especially in polar regions. We obviously have had numerous glacial periods in the past. What makes the last century or so striking is the rate of change, not the fact that change is happening. If you look at the (natural) rate of deglaciation you have to look at hundreds of years at the very least to see significant change. In most cases it is a matter of a few thousands. Our cruise had a variety of experts in fields ranging from glaciation to penguins, to polar exploration. Some of these folks have been coming to the same places in the Peninsula for 25 years or more - in one case for 50 years. In these relatively short periods they have seen enormous changes. 

What evidence do you have that the current rate of change is anything out of the ordinary from a geological perspective?  

30 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:
8 hours ago, jzk said:

I hope you are not as dumb as this post suggests but I fear that is not the case from your other postings.

That's a very faint hope.

He is.

34 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Did you know that a P38 was found under 300 feet of ice in Greenland after landing there in 1942?

https://www.popularmechanics.com/flight/a22575917/wwii-p-38-discovered-under-300-feet-of-ice-in-greenland/

11 minutes ago, jzk said:

Did you know that a P38 was found under 300 feet of ice in Greenland after landing there in 1942?

https://www.popularmechanics.com/flight/a22575917/wwii-p-38-discovered-under-300-feet-of-ice-in-greenland/

And your point being? Learn more about glacial mechanics before you give you opinions on the topic.

1 hour ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

And your point being? Learn more about glacial mechanics before you give you opinions on the topic.

Teach us about how they found their way under so much ice.

4 hours ago, jzk said:

The fact that glaciers are retreating doesn't mean that snow has stopped falling, you moron.

FKT

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

The fact that glaciers are retreating doesn't mean that snow has stopped falling, you moron.

FKT

He thought it fell up when the glaciers retreated.

5 hours ago, Ishmael said:

He thought it fell up when the glaciers retreated.

It happens because we are still in an ice age, clown.

On 1/22/2019 at 9:27 AM, Mrleft8 said:

Sounds like a great trip!

While you were in South Georgia, did you slip across the line into North Florida? It's almost impossible to tell the difference! ;)

I think everyone onboard would have been royally pissed if the cruise ship had pulled into Savannah. 

21 hours ago, badlatitude said:

A few more pics. The one of the penguin shows an Adelie standing on a tube of one of the Zodiacs used for landings. It is common for them to jump onto a Zodiac for a rest or to avoid a potential predator. Sometimes they dropped onto the deck and have the difficulty getting off the boat. They can't jump onto the tube so have to go over the transom but they will keep trying to get onto the tube unless 'directed' aft (they do bite). Penguins are fascinating creatures but not very bright. The photograph was taken when the penguin came onboard with the camera having a telephoto lens. Sometimes photographic opportunity comes when it comes.

CTProductions-15.jpg

CTProductions-21.jpg

CTProductions-26.jpg

CTProductions-34.jpg

CTProductions-42.jpg

CTProductions-47.jpg

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:
15 hours ago, jzk said:

"Officer, I cannot tell a lie. I put that envelope airplane under that garbage ice."

It's a shame JZK doesn't apply his encyclopedic knowledge and keen logic to solving crimes, he'd be famous by now

-DSK

Just now, Steam Flyer said:

"Officer, I cannot tell a lie. I put that envelope airplane under that garbage ice."

It's a shame JZK doesn't apply his encyclopedic knowledge and keen logic to solving crimes, he'd be famous by now

-DSK

Were you able to find that quote supporting your accusation that I am a chauvinist pig?  Or are you just a fucking liar?

After reading this I was going to ridicule jzk but just can't do it.  Awesome photos B-C

It is kinda like taunting a fat little kid isn't it?

4 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

After reading this I was going to ridicule jzk but just can't do it.  Awesome photos B-C

Great photos. Jizkid is an idiot.

Second the awesome photos...... looks like it was really a fantastic trip

15 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:
20 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

It is kinda like taunting a fat little kid isn't it?

Yeah, it's like taunting a fat little kid who shoves himself into the middle of our kickball game and says "You clowns suck, watch this" and then gives himself a nose bleed running, while trying to be a ball hog. He deserves every bit of it, stupid, stubborn, and mean-spirited.

Of course, he's been treated very badly by the uncaring Universe. Understandable how he got such an attitude. Still not my fault though.

-DSK

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Second the awesome photos...... looks like it was really a fantastic trip

Yeah, it's like taunting a fat little kid who shoves himself into the middle of our kickball game and says "You clowns suck, watch this" and then gives himself a nose bleed running, while trying to be a ball hog. He deserves every bit of it, stupid, stubborn, and mean-spirited.

Of course, he's been treated very badly by the uncaring Universe. Understandable how he got such an attitude. Still not my fault though.

-DSK

Hey fuckwit.  You called me a chauvinist pig.  Do you have anything to back that up?  Are you too big of a piece of shit to retract it if it was made in error?

6 minutes ago, jzk said:

Hey fuckwit.  You called me a chauvinist pig.  Do you have anything to back that up?  Are you too big of a piece of shit to retract it if it was made in error?

Snowflake alert.

4 minutes ago, jzk said:

You spoke (typed) as though you are one, so "calling" you a chauvanist pig is just recognizing fact.

Did you refer to billionaires several times as "he" or "him", yes or no? Did you ever once reflect on the possibility that a female could become a billionaire? Did it even occur to you?

-DSK

2 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

You spoke (typed) as though you are one, so "calling" you a chauvanist pig is just recognizing fact.

Did you refer to billionaires several times as "he" or "him", yes or no? Did you ever once reflect on the possibility that a female could become a billionaire? Did it even occur to you?

-DSK

I did not refer to billionaires as he or him in the post that you quoted.  You are just a lying sack of shit with no position.  So you invent positions.

22 minutes ago, jzk said:

I did not refer to billionaires as he or him in the post that you quoted.  You are just a lying sack of shit with no position.  So you invent positions.

Maybe so

There, happy now?

-DSK

34 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Maybe so

There, happy now?

-DSK

That is the best you got?  Kinda weak, eh?  

1 hour ago, d'ranger said:

Snowflake alert.

Here is the difference, shit for brains.  If Steam is just calling names on an internet forum, no one fucking cares.  But if he is trying to make an actual case for something purportedly supported by data, show the fucking data.

Does that clear it up for you, halfwit?

18 minutes ago, jzk said:

Here is the difference, shit for brains.  If Steam is just calling names on an internet forum, no one fucking cares.  But if he is trying to make an actual case for something purportedly supported by data, show the fucking data.

Does that clear it up for you, halfwit?

Are you calling me names?  Irony alert.

22 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

In your case, res ipsa loquitur.

55 minutes ago, jzk said:

In your case, res ipsa loquitur.

gotta give you an A for effort, but you should learn what words mean. Your insults are pathetic.  Stultus Est Sicut Stultus Facit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, d'ranger said:

I get the feeling that JerKZ isn't long for this place - the posts I see quoted are getting a tinge of apoplexy about them that they never had before I put him on ignore.

Maybe he should buy an actual sailboat - even a J28 is better than nothing I suppose.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

I get the feeling that JerKZ isn't long for this place - the posts I see quoted are getting a tinge of apoplexy about them that they never had before I put him on ignore.

Maybe he should buy an actual sailboat - even a J28 is better than nothing I suppose.

Or maybe a Hunter?

3 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

I’d recommend he go with the Mac 26 it has a bigger engine.  

1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

I’d recommend he go with the Mac 26 it has a bigger engine.  

Maybe I will get one like the one pictured in my avatar.  Maybe I will even get that exact one.  I can sail it when ever I am not on my other boat in Florida.

3 hours ago, jzk said:

Maybe I will get one like the one pictured in my avatar.  Maybe I will even get that exact one.  I can sail it when ever I am not on my other boat in Florida.

so jerkz - have you ever been to South America? Seen the glaciers in Patagonia? Much less have you been to Antarctica?

Do you have anything positive to add?

I would also recommend the Nation magazine cruises for you leftie sailors out there . .  

2019 itinerary to be announced soon. 

(Disclosures - None, I have no financial or professional connection to the Nation. ) 

18 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:
22 hours ago, jzk said:

so jerkz - have you ever been to South America? Seen the glaciers in Patagonia? Much less have you been to Antarctica?

Do you have anything positive to add? 

He's never had anything but juvenile nonsense to add to any subject.

Does he seriously expect us to believe that he owns two sailboats in different parts of the country?

Like someone that supremely clueless about economics could ever acquire the wealth to do that. :lol:

36 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Does he seriously expect us to believe that he owns two sailboats in different parts of the country?

Like someone that supremely clueless about economics could ever acquire the wealth to do that. :lol:

Did I say I own two sailboats?  One of them is a powerboat.  Unless you count the hobie adventure island.  Then it is two sailboats.  

41 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Well, there is Trump.

2 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Well, there is Trump.

Were you able to figure out what an ice age is?

Oh sorry, I thought this was a thread by Happy Nailing Malarkey Jack about another of his "cruises" that always seem to coincide with a political defeat for the right.  I guess he's saving his money for the upcoming impeachment and conviction.  I sense that will be a really LONG cruise......

Judging man made climate change by "I went on a cruse" is about as useful as judging Brett Kavanaugh by BJ Porter's "I knew a guy in college."

• Like 1

On 1/24/2019 at 2:02 AM, d'ranger said:

gotta give you an A for effort, but you should learn what words mean. Your insults are pathetic.  Stultus Est Sicut Stultus Facit.

Adversus solem ne loquitor

16 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

...    ...    ...

I dunno, I've known some pretty dumb rich people. All it really takes is persistence, greed, and it usually helps to be able to work hard. One of my friends who is a millionaire in the modern sense of "annual income exceeding $1 million" leases furniture to hotel chains. He used to mow lawns for a living and sold cleaned used furniture to local hotels as a sideline, then realized he could sell the same furniture over and over. He worked really hard at the details for about 15 years. Last time I talked with him about it, he was thinking of selling the business but wasn't sure he could make income from holding a huge pile o' cash. Seriously. Since he's a friend, I didn't laugh or taunt him like I do some others.

-DSK

I dunno, I've known some pretty dumb rich people. All it really takes is persistence, greed, and it usually helps to be able to work hard. One of my friends who is a millionaire in the modern sense of "annual income exceeding $1 million" leases furniture to hotel chains. He used to mow lawns for a living and sold cleaned used furniture to local hotels as a sideline, then realized he could sell the same furniture over and over. He worked really hard at the details for about 15 years. Last time I talked with him about it, he was thinking of selling the business but wasn't sure he could make income from holding a huge pile o' cash. Seriously. Since he's a friend, I didn't laugh or taunt him like I do some others.

-DSK

Well looky there.  Someone decided to provide a valuable service to society and was well compensated for it.  

17 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

-DSK

What we have here, once again, is Sloop trying to draw conclusions without having any facts.  Who the fuck knows who makes what around here?  Only a very stupid person would come to conclusions without having any facts.  Case in point - sloop.

1 minute ago, jzk said:

What we have here, once again, is Sloop trying to draw conclusions without having any facts.  Who the fuck knows who makes what around here?  Only a very stupid person would come to conclusions without having any facts.  Case in point - sloop JZK.

FIFY

Who makes the strongest declarative statements about fiscal matters here, with the least reference to actual reality (ie fewest facts)??

-DSK

• Like 1

Just now, Steam Flyer said:

FIFY

Who makes the strongest declarative statements about fiscal matters here, with the least reference to actual reality (ie fewest facts)??

-DSK

Looks like, along with sloop, you are making judgments without facts.  Just like that one about me being chauvinist when you didn't have facts.  What facts can you cite to support your allegation here?

4 minutes ago, jzk said:

Looks like, along with sloop, you are making judgments without facts.  Just like that one about me being chauvinist when you didn't have facts.  What facts can you cite to support your allegation here?

You get pissed off over trivial shit often? Maybe because you genuinely feel women to be your inferior?

When you refer to "billionaires" in an admiring way, many times, and as "he" or "him" and never "she" or "her," or even use the gender-neutral "they" it's pretty natural to assume that you never thought a woman could succeed to that level. I've already wasted enough time...... how about that trade deficit? Then you were kinda groping toward elasticity of wages but of course you veer away from anything contradicting your dumbed-down sloganeered version of economics.

-DSK

jzk is just pissed that a 29 year old ex bartender is smarter and better educated than he is.

4 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

You get pissed off over trivial shit often? Maybe because you genuinely feel women to be your inferior?

When you refer to "billionaires" in an admiring way, many times, and as "he" or "him" and never "she" or "her," or even use the gender-neutral "they" it's pretty natural to assume that you never thought a woman could succeed to that level. I've already wasted enough time...... how about that trade deficit? Then you were kinda groping toward elasticity of wages but of course you veer away from anything contradicting your dumbed-down sloganeered version of economics.

-DSK

Quote the example of me referring to the billionaire as a "he" or "him."  I have reposted it for you once, but here it is again.  Find the sexist part:

“I do think that a system that allows billionaires to exist when there are parts of Alabama where people are still getting ringworm because they don’t have access to public health is wrong,” Ocasio-Cortez said.

We have 2 basic schools of thought.  One is that a billionaire gets to be a billionaire by taking wealth from the poor people in Alabama and others.  The other is that a billionaire gets to be a billionaire by providing society with a huge amount of desired goods and services which benefits a huge number of people such as those poor people in Alabama.  Further, if you made it such that the billionaire couldn't become a billionaire, the poor person in Alabama would be worse off, not better.   Even further, if we really wanted to set up a safety net for truly disadvantaged people that really can't take care of themselves, where do we get the wealth to do it?

Come on, this is the post where you accused me of referring to Billionaires as "he" or "him."  In a free market capitalist society, everyone is free to be successful.  Racism and sexism are collectivist philosophies.  I am an individualist.  Every individual can make their way in this world.  My business is color/sex blind.  My customers have no way of knowing what my race, gender or age is unless they really burned some calories to find out.

Come on Steam, this where you get to show that you are intellectually honest or not.  You are taking the time to keep repeating that I referred to billionaires as "he" in that particular post, but you can't back it up with any evidence.

You claim that the trade deficit is important, but you can't explain why.  Are you just an empty suit?

11 minutes ago, jzk said:

Come on Steam, this where you get to show that you are intellectually honest or not.  You are taking the time to keep repeating that I referred to billionaires as "he" in that particular post, but you can't back it up with any evidence.

You claim that the trade deficit is important, but you can't explain why.  Are you just an empty suit?

Wrong. It was over several other posts over a period of several days

And I asked YOU about the trade deficit. Afraid your answer is just going to get laughed at again? Shucks, that's how you learn. Besides, you got one right this morning! Attaboy!!

-DSK

Wrong. It was over several other posts over a period of several days

And I asked YOU about the trade deficit. Afraid your answer is just going to get laughed at again? Shucks, that's how you learn. Besides, you got one right this morning! Attaboy!!

-DSK

You replied to that post.  THAT POST.   If it was some other post, which post?

You are dodging again.  That is weak.  Either post my sexist post or not.  Either explain your position on the trade deficit or not.  

You are the one wasting time.

2 hours ago, jzk said:

You replied to that post.  THAT POST.   If it was some other post, which post?

You are dodging again.  That is weak.  Either post my sexist post or not.  Either explain your position on the trade deficit or not.  

You are the one wasting time.

Not any more

-DSK

9 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Not any more

-DSK

If only you could have started much earlier.