Sign in to follow this  
DA-WOODY

WEATHER - WINTER 2019 - Good, Bad, UGLY

FYI DAGO is 32.46 degrees all year

in other news places

Image may contain: sky, tree, outdoor and nature

The view out the window of my cubicle this morning. Mind you is still only 42 degrees and yesterday that same view had 40 kts and 6 foot seas. What a difference a day makes

WL

IMG_20190123_135624.jpg

17 hours ago, DA-WOODY said:

FYI DAGO is 32.46 degrees all year

in other news places

Image may contain: sky, tree, outdoor and nature

That second picture is just abject laziness or the failure of friends to help somebody in need. 

17 hours ago, White Lightnin' said:

The view out the window of my cubicle this morning. Mind you is still only 42 degrees and yesterday that same view had 40 kts and 6 foot seas. What a difference a day makes

WL

IMG_20190123_135624.jpg

Yeah..... Yesterday it was 77f, calm and beautiful. Around midnight the wind picked up, we got 3.5" of rain in 3 hours, and the wind remains, but today it's about 58f..... Near freezing all week long at night. Highs only in the upper 50s and low 60s.

This I can deal with. Those nasty nights days this time last year that cut my citrus grove in half I do not need!

Meanwhile in the upper Midwest, wind chill advisories and warnings will be the norm starting this evening and well into next week.  Lows in the teens below zero and highs around 0F.  Cold snap is currently progged to release its grip next weekend (Feb 2/3).  We can't complain too much, up until this point have had minimal snow and relatively mild temps for this time of year (30's and occasionally warmer).  We can survive a week or so.

From local NOAA AFD today:

Behind this system, models continue to advertise the polar vortex dropping into the state on Tuesday and Wednesday. If this occurs, temperatures may struggle to rise above 10 below at many locations. The arctic outbreak for the middle of next week could be one of the most severe in several years. Stay tuned!

It rarely does it snow in town (anymore) but in my backyard - yes. (Grouse Mtn. to Vancouver city)

46745853_23843076951130569_1444463429392793600_n.png.jpg

47688977_614818505603735_3924690438765674496_n.jpg

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Maxx Baqustae said:

It rarely does it snow in town (anymore) but in my backyard - yes. (Grouse Mtn. to Vancouver city)

46745853_23843076951130569_1444463429392793600_n.png.jpg

47688977_614818505603735_3924690438765674496_n.jpg

BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR  Beautiful But BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Maybe it's bbrrrr for Dagonian mate but the mountain shot is at about 4000' and the city is at tidal water. 3 mountains to choose from. all 15 to 20 minutes from the heart of the city. One of the rarest places on the planet that you can go sailing in the morning, play tennis or golf in the afternoon and ski at night. In the first shot at right/middle of the photo that's English Bay were we race/sail every weekend.  Whistler is an hour and a quarter away too.

Supposed to be -10 one day next week. On the plus side we aren’t in risk of the whole state burning down and our drinking water supplies running out. 

Left the cold of central Colorado, drove through nasty ground blizzards in New Mexico, near blizzard in central New Mexico. All to end up here in the desert.

20190125_085719.jpg

18 minutes ago, bmiller said:

Left the cold of central Colorado, drove through nasty ground blizzards in New Mexico, near blizzard in central New Mexico. All to end up here in the desert.

20190125_085719.jpg

Snow Bird

Nuttin Wrong w Dat

It's a Friggin Roller Coaster around these parts

San Diego, CA
Friday 1:00 PM
Partly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy
°F | °C
Precipitation: 0%
Humidity: 18%
Wind: 7 mph
73°
51°
Sat
Partly Cloudy
75°
52°
Sun
Partly Cloudy
71°
52°

and something to consider for those living a more robust kinda life 

No Socks ;-O Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Here in the southern half of the blue marble is 102 F (39 C) today.

7 hours ago, Trovão said:

Here in the southern half of the blue marble is 102 F (39 C) today.

Display in the car showed 47C the other day but the weather app showed only 44.6C (112 F)

Either way it was too hot!

• Like 2

Made it to fiesta island on Woody's advice. Good call! Except for the vanlife thugs.

17 hours ago, bmiller said:

Made it to fiesta island on Woody's advice. Good call! Except for the vanlife thugs.

my advice was to contact me

you cudda checked out Fiesta Island (as well as most of the rest of DAGO) from this vantage point (my preference)

OTL is better to be at than to see from above, But I suck it up and take one for the team every year shooting the 1st day while everything looks pretty

Before heading over and Indulging Maximums 

(My house is in the Video a couple times - right over there)

On 1/26/2019 at 11:47 PM, Rushman said:

Display in the car showed 47C the other day but the weather app showed only 44.6C (112 F)

Either way it was too hot!

My sister and b.i.l. also live in Melbourne and they sent me a pic of it the other day. WOW!

Folks are happy here with cold snap. There were guys playing hockey on the outdoors ice rink across from house at 2 am. Temp -25 C (??? F) .  

Canada the country where the weather is trying to kill you 4-6  months a year.

Embrace it

It always starts from above (ya my No Drone Pic too)

Image may contain: outdoor

Image may contain: tree, sky, grass, plant, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, tree, sky, outdoor and nature

it's hard to take all that Winter weather in one day

Image may contain: sky, tree, cloud, plant, outdoor and nature

anyone mention 80 degrees :rolleyes: B)

32 minutes ago, HuronBouy said:

Folks are happy here with cold snap. There were guys playing hockey on the outdoors ice rink across from house at 2 am. Temp -25 C (??? F) .  

Canada the country where the weather is trying to kill you 4-6  months a year.

Embrace it

I Wood Die the 1st week

Kold SUCKS !!  No Gettin around the Fact !!!!

Good for All that Enjoy it !!!!!

We are Full and only have room for Your Homeless & illegal Immigrants (unless you are on Welfare then come on down)

5 hours ago, DA-WOODY said:

We are Full and only have room for Your Homeless & illegal Immigrants (unless you are on Welfare then come on down)

Hey woody, do you see my truck down on fiesta island? 

I'm down here using up some of your "free" city services. Thanks!!!

Miller, get on the 5 and turn left at Bakersfield and check out Carrizo plain natl monument and points west if you never have.  It’s been a good winter and you’ve got all the right gear to enjoy it.  Bienvenidos

Thanks, next time out. This trip is about over. 

I checked it out on Google earth. Looks like some recent fire activity.

11 hours ago, bmiller said:

Thanks, next time out. This trip is about over. 

I checked it out on Google earth. Looks like some recent fire activity.

why wood you come back to this shitwhole. in mid winter

where you still need to buy ice for the beer around a night kampfire

when you have a plethora of Free Ice for hundreds of miles arournd your house

wife and kids might not be happy leaving ah place you ca live for Free (as long as you're not from here)

Don't forget to tell everyone "DAGO SUCKS"

55 minutes ago, chester said:

DAGO SUCKS

fify

33 minutes ago, Monkey said:

The weather’s lovely around here. Maybe a little cooler than San Diego, but not much. 

5BAD62EE-20EA-4043-B9FE-3125E2967830.png

if ya change the "F" to "C" and lose the "-"  should be about right!

That's it, I'm done. A guy can only take so much mild weather and hot girls in bikinis. 

Time to head back to CO and confirm my manhood.

It is a balmy minus-31 degrees (f) here where I live at 8:27 am. It is forecast to be even colder tonight!

-20 with a -48 wind chill here some 65 miles north of Chicago.  And just for fun up until about 10 days ago we had gotten no snow this winter. Then 10+” followed by 7” or so followed by 7” this past Monday. And if the weather creatures are correct, this weekend could see temps in the 40s and rain.

Where does rain go when the ground is frozen, there is close to 2 feet of snow on the frozen ground and your rain gutters are encased in ice and snow.

24 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

-20 with a -48 wind chill here some 65 miles north of Chicago.  And just for fun up until about 10 days ago we had gotten no snow this winter. Then 10+” followed by 7” or so followed by 7” this past Monday. And if the weather creatures are correct, this weekend could see temps in the 40s and rain.

Where does rain go when the ground is frozen, there is close to 2 feet of snow on the frozen ground and your rain gutters are encased in ice and snow.

You’re lucky!  Just a few miles up the road, it dumped 16” of snow on us. 

8 minutes ago, Monkey said:

You’re lucky!  Just a few miles up the road, it dumped 16” of snow on us. 

You guys North of MKE got more this past Monday than we did in Racine County.  I knew we were getting away too easy this winter.  

3 hours ago, bmiller said:

That's it, I'm done. A guy can only take so much mild weather and hot girls in bikinis. 

Time to head back to CO and confirm my manhood.

it's Not cheep living around here

what did you spend on ice ??

1 hour ago, chester said:

Now that is so Canukian is it can be eh? We don't semi-automatic weapons in Canada. We dook it with snow shovels! Too about with the old girls but that's too friggin' funny. Probably end up on the CBC next Tuesday on "The hour has 22 minutes". My fellow countryman will know what I'm talking about.   

hope that's photoshop

50930596_2250571058296820_8999141157359321088_n.jpg

10 hours ago, Glenn McCarthy said:

It's a balmy -23 this am here in Chicago.
image.thumb.png.96c1bb71b4d89f57bbab4a8bdd7a130b.png

Possible thunderstorms on Monday. Sporty!

I feel bad for my dog right now though. Can you imagine having to take a crap in this weather? Cold and ass in the snow.

Taking a crap should be enjoyable.

Got down to the boat today bout 10:00. It was nice. Jeans, long sleeve t shirt, shoes and socks. Puttered around on deck for a bit. Went below to sand for some paint work and got a little chill. Went up to the car and put my sweatshirt on. 

19 hours ago, DA-WOODY said:

it's Not cheep living around here

what did you spend on ice ??

Nothing, besides the first bag from home. Got a decent cooler and it wasn't ever very warm.

Well, at least it's "Fair".............

sct.png

Fair

-14°F

-26°C

Humidity 74%
Wind Speed SW 7 mph
Barometer 30.25 in
Dewpoint -19°F (-28°C)
Visibility 10.00 mi
Wind Chill -30°F (-34°C)
Last update 31 Jan 7:56 am EST

I'm going to Calgary next week. Just looked at the forecast: -20F lows. I guess I'll pack my long johns and leave my loafers at home. 

If you want some real fun, watch the PNW news over the next week. The chance of a dusting of snow on Sunday, with cold temps for 5 days. These idgits are going to freak out! Snow in Seattle is hysterical. 2" inches of snow and the city shuts down!

WL

It is only 2-degrees colder than it was yesterday. However, it "feels" cold as all get out. Today, I am chilled to the bone!

I think I'll turn the electric blanket on high and spend the day in bed.

Note: It is forecast to be 40-degrees (f) above zero here on Sunday!

Todays Weather.jpg

36 minutes ago, White Lightnin' said:

If you want some real fun, watch the PNW news over the next week. The chance of a dusting of snow on Sunday, with cold temps for 5 days. These idgits are going to freak out! Snow in Seattle is hysterical. 2" inches of snow and the city shuts down!

WL

There was a forecast of about an inch of snow in north Georgia on Tuesday. By noon on Monday, every school and university north of I-20 announced they would be shutting down on Tuesday. Delta cancelled 100s of flights. On Tuesday morning it was still 40 degrees and we had a little light, cold rain followed by a brief interlude of very light snow flurries. It did really cut down on the traffic, though! 

can you guys send some of this cold down here, to the southern half? we've been like 100°+ for the last bunch of days!

8 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

Woody, you need to get laid.

on the "To Do" list everyday B)

Third day of spring and snow is forecast for late tonight, tomorrow morning.......

6 hours ago, billy backstay said:

Third day of spring and snow is forecast for late tonight, tomorrow morning.......

but I bet there is no pollen related asthma forecast for quite a while so there

s that :) 

17 minutes ago, DA-WOODY said:

but I bet there is no pollen related asthma forecast for quite a while so there

s that :) 

I am living on 2 benadryls and a claritin 2 to 3 times a day, so while there is no pollen yet, life in general here gives me chronic allergic rhinitis year round. Only when I am offshore, far from land, does it stop, and it's kind of hard to pay the bills from there.....

23 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

I am living on 2 benadryls and a claritin 2 to 3 times a day, so while there is no pollen yet, life in general here gives me chronic allergic rhinitis year round. Only when I am offshore, far from land, does it stop, and it's kind of hard to pay the bills from there.....

me think you would not enjoy the smell in the Air around here now

Image may contain: Tatiana Mac

Image may contain: mountain, nature and outdoor

Image may contain: mountain, outdoor and nature

1 minute ago, DA-WOODY said:

me think you would not enjoy the smell in the Air around here now

Image may contain: Tatiana Mac

Image may contain: mountain, nature and outdoor

Yes the Super Bloom!!  Missus BB has seen that in Vegas when she has worked large meetings there during the bloom.  Fortunately, she is mostly inside an air conditioned hotel or conference center for the duration.  She will be doing the Dell computer World meeting at the end of April ther, so hopefully will miss a week or so of max pollen here in SE CT!!  When the pollen here is bad and she is home, her eyes swell up so that she looks like a Mongoloid, and has to go on Prednisone.  

On 3/22/2019 at 6:57 PM, Fakenews said:

Much nicer here..

D3910F71-88E2-4B04-B59C-F64FE7942390.jpeg

No Avocados = FAIL !

2 minutes ago, DA-WOODY said:

No Avocados = FAIL !

The place is full of avocados but I go with the Haas which’s in all local supermarkets and is not sourced from CA.

58 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

The place is full of avocados but I go with the Haas which’s in all local supermarkets and is not sourced from CA.

Do they smuggle them in at ports of entry or heave them over the border in remote areas?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Do they smuggle them in at ports of entry or heave them over the border in remote areas?

Don’t tell Donald they get thrown over the border he’ll want to build a wall....

1 hour ago, Snaggletooth said:

PB, plesae say it ainte so.

Well here's your problem.

The organic avocados are labeled "organic” and include “California” on the sticker, according to the company.

California and organic on the same label.