Sign in to follow this  
Grande Mastere Dreade

College Football 2019

On 11/22/2019 at 12:50 PM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

it was 24-3 with a&m doing absolutely nothing...    

from the dallas morning news..

you are correct in that trevor played the whole game.. 

I look forward to seeing clemson play OSU and or LSU. Those are the best three teams by far. Really don't think the tide can hang with any of them without Tua but stranger things have happened ( 92 championship v miami ) .

10 minutes ago, surf nazi said:

I look forward to seeing clemson play OSU and or LSU. Those are the best three teams by far. Really don't think the tide can hang with any of them without Tua but stranger things have happened ( 92 championship v miami ) .

Lamar Thomas is still looking over his shoulder for George Teague. 

a quote from an espn analyst...     just cold man..

As a LSU alum I would like to thank you Tom Herman. A few years back you made the decision I never knew I wanted you to make. You chose Texas & for that I am grateful. #GeauxTigers

14 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

As a LSU alum I would like to thank you Tom Herman. A few years back you made the decision I never knew I wanted you to make. You chose Texas & for that I am grateful. #GeauxTigers 

i'd like to meet the sportswriters who thought UT was a top 10 team..   6-5 .. one more season like that and it'll be sonny dykes time 

On 11/26/2019 at 11:33 AM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

i'd like to meet the sportswriters who thought UT was a top 10 team..   6-5 .. one more season like that and it'll be sonny dykes time 

I wanted Tom Herman over Kirby Smart at the time, whoops.  

I like Georgia's chances against LSU..  Dawgs last 5 games, all of which were SEC games, and 3 were against legit teams we allowed 44 points. Total. I don't think Tigers will put up 30.  

Plus there is no way Jake Fromm can keep missing wide open dudes.  He is due, I saw him play well in a ton of big games, it's in there.  He will have his moment.

On 11/26/2019 at 11:33 AM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

Urban Meyer will coach Texas.  You heard it here first. 

2 hours ago, chinabald said:

Urban Meyer will coach Texas.  You heard it here first. 

nope,  Dallas,  as in cowboys..      he's dealt with Fla and OSU alums, no way he'd put up with UT alums..

11 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

nope,  Dallas,  as in cowboys..      he's dealt with Fla and OSU alums, no way he'd put up with UT alums..

Yep, Tom Herman is earning every penny of that 10 mil - the Cougar Curse in action. Briles, Sumlin, the list goes on.....

The kid from Ole Miss whose end zone celebration involved imitating a dog pissing on the MSU colors while being five feet in front of a referee will remember that one point loss for quite a while. 

2 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

The kid from Ole Miss whose end zone celebration involved imitating a dog pissing on the MSU colors while being five feet in front of a referee will remember that one point loss for quite a while. 

Coach is gonna order a Code Red on that kid

6 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Probably learned from the nfl where making a play means a rehearsed (and of course televised) dance number by the whole team. It used to be mostly touchdowns but it is spreading. 

29 minutes ago, mal5033 said:

Probably learned from the nfl where making a play means a rehearsed (and of course televised) dance number by the whole team. It used to be mostly touchdowns but it is spreading. 

nope  Metcalf did it first ..

For anyone who's watched their fair share of Egg Bowls, Moore's celebration was another take on the D.K. Metcalf urination celebration against Mississippi State in 2017.

On 11/29/2019 at 11:50 AM, Sol Rosenberg said:

So will the kicker. His miss is being overlooked. 

Things looking bleak for UGA.

Their only capable receiver - out for the season

Their only capable RB - probably out for the season

Their backup wildly overhyped punk receiver- ejected for fighting.

With Fromm likely going pro this team will be a shell of itself next year never mind the game vs LSU.

2 hours ago, chinabald said:

So will the kicker. His miss is being overlooked. 

He didn’t make a conscious decision to do something unrelated to the game and make his teammate’s jobs harder. Kickers miss all the time, particularly under pressure. 

With one, I thought “that was the dumbest, most selfish bit of idiocy I’ve ever seen on a football field.” 

With the other I thought “that poor kid.” 

Auburn - Alabama 

humdinger

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

Auburn - Alabama 

humdinger

A realle sweetey!                                             :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

Things looking bleak for UGA.

Their only capable receiver - out for the season

Their only capable RB - probably out for the season

Their backup wildly overhyped punk receiver- ejected for fighting.

With Fromm likely going pro this team will be a shell of itself next year never mind the game vs LSU.

Don't forget, best kicker in Dawg history, Hot Rod will be  pro next year.

AUBURN!! NICE

Gary Danielson is a bama landt eating turd.

Auburn put up a better fight than people expected. Fun to watch. Perhaps having a stellar backup is more valuable than they thought. 

43 minutes ago, 2slow said:

Don't forget, best kicker in Dawg history, Hot Rod will be  pro next year.

AUBURN!! NICE

Gary Danielson is a bama landt eating turd.

I’ve disliked Danielson since his HS QB days.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2019 at 10:50 AM, Sol Rosenberg said:

I think the penalty was asinine. The dog pissing move was hilarious. 
How absolutely absurd and irrational a set of of values do we need to have to penalize a guy for making a joke in a game being observed by drunken hordes, sponsored by alcohol companies, and whose entertainment value is admittedly enhanced by the fact the young boys are hurting one another. 
what a dumbass penalty!!! 

4 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

I think the penalty was asinine. The dog pissing move was hilarious. 
How absolutely absurd and irrational a set of of values do we need to have to penalize a guy for making a joke in a game being observed by drunken hordes, sponsored by alcohol companies, and whose entertainment value is admittedly enhanced by the fact the young boys are hurting one another. 
what a dumbass penalty!!! 

There’s a market for WWF too. 

9 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Poor Nick. 

Bama better not make a New Years Six bowl, they’re worse than their record.

The Outback Bowl is a proper slot for them. Say Bama vs Wisconsin?  I’d go to that game.

On 9/8/2019 at 8:27 PM, Fakenews said:

Well that was rude.

Lets look at the schedule objectively.

FSU Tennessee - hot messes W

Missouri - New QB, lost to Wyoming good coach minor threat W

South Carolina New QB, Muschamp blew a lead to UNC W

Kentucky lost starting QB for season W

Auburn Should have lost to Oregon struggled to beat Tulane 24-6, freshman not very good QB, at home W.

Towson W

LSU likely loss

Vandy gave up 500 yard passing 55 points to Purdue W

UGA tossup

Sound reasonable to me.

It was reasonable!

4 hours ago, Fakenews said:

It was reasonable!

They’ve been catching shit in the polls all year. If Bama ends up in the Orange Bowl instead of Florida that’s just a continuation. 

On 11/30/2019 at 7:29 PM, chinabald said:

At least we no longer have to hear how a 1 loss Bama team should be in the top 4 

No,  now we will have to hear how a 2 loss Bama Team deserves to be in the playoff!

On 12/1/2019 at 10:41 AM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

it'll be interesting to see what Smart does with Pickens...   automatic 1 half suspension ,   he should sit the rest of the year and the bowl game

The SEC had the right to add onto Pickens’ suspension, perhaps ruling him out for the entire SEC Championship Game.

Seth Emerson reports that the league won’t be doing that.

“The SEC’s determination is that the rule was appropriately officiated on the field and there will be no further action,” an SEC spokesman said.

what the SEC really meant:  we want to make sure Ga gets into the CFP so we can make more money so we're not going to jeopardize that .

Wow, Peterson just bailed at UW...   

I love how schools like UT and Bama think they can get anyone they want to come coach at their school,  because they have money...   A bama alum this past saturday thinks Dabo will come running if offered the job thinking money is all it will take...

UT thinks it can pull the OC from LSU etc... 

and what is Ol MIss thinking getting rid of their coach, who willingly came in to take over Freeze's shitpile and sanctions and has done a very respectable job ...  no loyalty whatsever..

3 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

it'll be interesting to see what Smart does with Pickens...   automatic 1 half suspension ,   he should sit the rest of the year and the bowl game

what the SEC really meant:  we want to make sure Ga gets into the CFP so we can make more money so we're not going to jeopardize that .

Bullshit.  What's up with you and Cryin' Dabo whinging about Georgia suddenly.  Sad.  Why the hell should a kid sit out 2.5 games for a small fight?  That's crazy.   The rule is first half of next game and that seems about right.  

56 minutes ago, 2slow said:

Bullshit.  What's up with you and Cryin' Dabo whinging about Georgia suddenly.  Sad.  Why the hell should a kid sit out 2.5 games for a small fight?  That's crazy.   The rule is first half of next game and that seems about right.  

small fight,   he was throwing punches and slung the guy into a wall....   besides  Ga Sux...

4 hours ago, 2slow said:

I’m with you, the kid is a punk a product of UGA’s lax discipline, but .5 game is the rule.  Not sure what’s up with Dabo’s and his elk’s whining as of late.  LSU wants to blow out UGA and will certainly do so as UGA doesn’t have the horses to score on them. Pickens wouldn’t make a difference.

3 hours ago, Fakenews said:

I’m with you, the kid is a punk a product of UGA’s lax discipline

Hahahahaha!...not really commenting from the moral high ground there are you?...

os-sp-aaron-hernandez-gators-20170419.jpg

I’m with you, the kid is a punk a product of UGA’s lax discipline, but .5 game is the rule.

if he was a bit player, and not a needed starter...     SEC coaches are never ones to promote character

8 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

if he was a bit player, and not a needed starter...     SEC coaches are never ones to promote character

He’s a bit player.  Highly rated and hyped but modest stats

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4426354/george-pickens

you have to remember this is his production on a team that’s doesn’t have an embarrassment of riches at receiver.

As for SEC excuses? They send more players by an order of magnitude than any other conference to the NFL and going back to the beginning of the BCS have won 12 Nattys. #no excuses needed.

9 hours ago, Grabbler said:

Hahahahaha!...not really commenting from the moral high ground there are you?...

os-sp-aaron-hernandez-gators-20170419.jpg

Urban Meyer hasn’t coached the Gators for a decade or so. 

1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

He’s a bit player.  Highly rated and hyped but modest stats

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4426354/george-pickens

you have to remember this is his production on a team that’s doesn’t have an embarrassment of riches at receiver.

As for SEC excuses? They send more players by an order of magnitude than any other conference to the NFL and going back to the beginning of the BCS have won 12 Nattys. #no excuses needed.

In truth lots of people are worried about Pickens.  Hopefully he just needs to grow up and staff and players can help him out.  Looks like NFL talent, would be sad for it to be wasted.

I still like Dawgs chances against LSU.  Jake Fromm plays well in big games.  Part of that is he likes domes and perfect dry conditions.  Small hands, when conditions suck he loses accuracy.  Not a mudder.

the real reason  Saban is losing his shit.. 

Since Nick Saban's first season at Alabama in 2007, Alabama kickers have now missed 101 field goals, the most by any FBS team in that span. That's 8 more than any other team.

l0l

Minnesota

In high winds, boats require sails, not oars.

2 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Well well well.  Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery....  Jacksonville seems to be looking to emulate GW's annual perfect record.  

https://www.jacksonville.com/sports/20191203/jacksonville-university-drops-football-after-22-seasons-overall-cost-cited

at  least they're doing it with class,  not that i know what GW did..

As part of the shutting down process, Jacksonville is offering full scholarships to every football player who chooses to stay at the university until graduation. Additionally, the school will honor the employment agreements for all football coaches and offer additional resources to assist in their job search.

1 minute ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

at  least they're doing it with class,  not that i know what GW did..

GW did it in 1966, when the Internet was focused on other things. 

Original Big Ten member University of Chicago has been undefeated for many decades 

7 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Urban Meyer hasn’t coached the Gators for a decade or so. 

Yeah but you and your elk were slathering on the Gator Butter when he was there. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chinabald said:

Yeah but you and your elk were slathering on the Gator Butter when he was there. 

Well I wasn’t around here for his tenure but I can assure you I was very unhappy with the way he ran things at UF

3 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Well I wasn’t around here for his tenure but I can assure you I was very unhappy with the way he ran things at UF

Bet you loved the National championships. 

1 minute ago, chinabald said:

1 minute ago, chinabald said:

I did. Maybe UM will have one someday.

12 minutes ago, chinabald said:

I recall posting that the lack of discipline off the field would come back to haunt them ON the field sooner or later, as it did in Urban's final year or two. I've posted multiple times since that I would much rather see them lose a few games without the discipline problems than win with Hurricane style thuggery.  A program can be clean and successful.  Look at the Gators trajectory now. 

I am flirting with the conclusion that Urban's best skill was choosing offensive coordinators. 

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I recall posting that the lack of discipline off the field would come back to haunt them ON the field sooner or later, as it did in Urban's final year or two. I've posted multiple times since that I would much rather see them lose a few games without the discipline problems than win with Hurricane style thuggery.  A program can be clean and successful.  Look at the Gators trajectory now. 

I am flirting with the conclusion that Urban's best skill was choosing offensive coordinators. 

I do recall you posting this. But I don’t consider you to be of Fakenew’s elk.

I do wonder sometimes if fakenews isn’t your sock though 

Wow! CFP rankings are out and  Bama drops to 12th.  That should green light UF to the Orange Bowl.  Unfortunately that’s means a blowout vs Virginia.  It’s time to do away with Bowl and conference alignments I’d love to see us play an Oregon or Baylor in the Orange.

Florida is 9 but of Wisconsin, OU, Utah, and Baylor ahead of thhem at least 2 will lose.

It seems absurd to be every year how losers in conference championship games fall below those who didn’t qualify and were behind them a week earlier 

example : PSU is behind Wisconsin .

when Ohio State Beats Wisconsin PSU will rise past Wisconsin  and  as top ranked available big ten team will go to the Rose bowl.

And Minnesota will have the same record as PSU and beat PSU

i guess we need something to write about in these threads 

4 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

Original Big Ten member University of Chicago has been undefeated for many decades 

They play football at UC, just not very good at it. You need to be well read to understand the cheers.

2 hours ago, Gangbusters said:

They play football at UC, just not very good at it. You need to be well read to understand the cheers.

I remember reading something A few years ago about them playing club level but not NCAA . I have no idea what they do today. 

2 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

I remember reading something A few years ago about them playing club level but not NCAA . I have no idea what they do today. 

NCAA Division III

15 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Haha.  Funny.  You were very much here, as was i.

Yeah but Georgia doesn't have the world class bitches like Florida, or so sayeth the guy who isn't the guy who is here now. Can't be a great U without WCBs. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

It seems absurd to be every year how losers in conference championship games fall below those who didn’t qualify and were behind them a week earlier 

example : PSU is behind Wisconsin .

when Ohio State Beats Wisconsin PSU will rise past Wisconsin  and  as top ranked available big ten team will go to the Rose bowl.

I'm not sure this is true.  I know in the past once either the Pac 12 or Big 10 Champion got included in the Championship games, the Rose Bowl had their pick of any school that was available. 

4 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Yeah but Georgia doesn't have the world class bitches like Florida, or so sayeth the guy who isn't the guy who is here now. Can't be a great U without WCBs. 

Why are you so disrespectful of women?   UF sets a standard matched perhaps only by USC, Stanford, Texas, and Michigan with excellence in academics in sports and athletics.  World class beaches fall in the nice to have category.

4 hours ago, pbd said:

I'm not sure this is true.  I know in the past once either the Pac 12 or Big 10 Champion got included in the Championship games, the Rose Bowl had their pick of any school that was available. 

Just a guess, I'd say the Badgers get the invite, no matter how badly they get crushed in the Big 10 champs game.

GREENSBORO, N.C. (theACC.com) – Louisville first-year head coach Scott Satterfield has been voted the Atlantic Coast Conference Football Coach of the Year after guiding the Cardinals to second place in the Atlantic Division following the program’s 2-10 finish in 2018.

Just to show an example of how fucked up the ACC is

so the Loserville coach goes from 2-10 to 7-5,  a 5 game swing and gets coach of the year, but Dabo, on a 27 game win streak, undefeated in the acc for the second year in a row and probably heading to the CFP with a decent chance of winning it all , comes in third in votes.      and people wonder why he plays the disrespect card..

48 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

so the Loserville coach goes from 2-10 to 7-5,  a 5 game swing and gets coach of the year, but Dabo, on a 27 game win streak, undefeated in the acc for the second year in a row and probably heading to the CFP with a decent chance of winning it all , comes in third in votes.      and people wonder why he plays the disrespect card..

Meh.  
I could coach Clemson to at least 7 wins with that talent and schedule. Get back to me when 3 peat or at least repeat.

17 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Why are you so disrespectful of women?   UF sets a standard matched perhaps only by USC, Stanford, Texas, and Michigan with excellence in academics in sports and athletics.  World class beaches fall in the nice to have category.

Yeah except Gainesville is a mosquito, gnat and Florida Man infested shithole while Austin, LA, Palo Alto and Ann Arbor are not. Also, Stanford is in a different stratosphere than Texas, Michigan and Floriduh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2slow said:

Yeah except Gainesville is a mosquito, gnat and Florida Man infested shithole while Austin, LA, Palo Alto and Ann Arbor are not. Also, Stanford is in a different stratosphere than Texas, Michigan and Floriduh.

ha,  I've walked around the Stanford campus,  the women's armpit hair is longer than the hair on their heads... 

Meh.  
I could coach Clemson to at least 7 wins with that talent and schedule. Get back to me when 3 peat or at least repeat.

well we have  three-peated ,   we are also 10-1 against the SEC since i believe 2012 ...    

2 hours ago, 2slow said:

When I was there, the joke was something along the lines of "hey, what'd you do last weekend." "I took a coed out on Friday night, to Palatka." (Palatka had a paper mill in town at that point, so the place stunk of paper mill.) "Palatka!?! What in the hell did you take her there for?" "She told me she wanted me to kiss her where it smelled bad."  

But just past Palatka is St. Augustine on one coast, and Cedar Key is a short hop on the other coast.  Gainesville is pretty sleepy when school isn't in session, but there's always stuff going on. I spent a good bit of time (and $) there last spring with my dog at the Vet school/hospital, and observed no big gnat or skeeter problem.  I also noticed no more Skeeter's Big Biscuits, which is a far more pernicious problem.  I miss that place. 

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

When I was there, the joke was something along the lines of "hey, what'd you do last weekend." "I took a coed out on Friday night, to Palatka." (Palatka had a paper mill in town at that point, so the place stunk of paper mill.) "Palatka!?! What in the hell did you take her there for?" "She told me she wanted me to kiss her where it smelled bad."  

But just past Palatka is St. Augustine on one coast, and Cedar Key is a short hop on the other coast.  Gainesville is pretty sleepy when school isn't in session, but there's always stuff going on. I spent a good bit of time (and $) there last spring with my dog at the Vet school/hospital, and observed no big gnat or skeeter problem.  I also noticed no more Skeeter's Big Biscuits, which is a far more pernicious problem.  I miss that place. 

And no more Buritto Bros., Joes Deli, Purple Porpoise or CJ’s.  Place is getting big and corporate.

6 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

Consistently good coaches never get coach of the year. How many has Belichek or Mike Tomlin won in the NFL? 

Dan Mullen is an excellent candidate for coach of the year.  Improved on a 10-3 record in going 11-2. Took a backup QB who hadn’t started since Jr. High School and turned him into the third most prolific passer in the SEC.  Did this all with attrition and a suspect OL and injuries to 3 of the top 4 players on the team.

11 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Coach of the Year trophy should be handed out with the National Championship trophy. 

Lane Kiffin to Arkansas?

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/lane-kiffin-to-reportedly-miss-fau-coaches-radio-show-as-rumors-continue-to-swirl/

He's leading my Owls of FAU to the Conference USA championship game.  The only Florida school playing for theirs.

Boca Raton to Bumfuck, Arkansas.

The ego is a strange beast. 

2 hours ago, Fat Point Jack said:

He's leading my Owls of FAU to the Conference USA championship game.  The only Florida school playing for theirs.

Boca Raton to Bumfuck, Arkansas.

The ego is a strange beast. 

Unless FSU is getting Norvell (which at this point is seeming iffy) why wouldn’t Kiffin take FSU over Arkansas which is at a huge recruiting disadvantage in the SEC? 

14 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Unless FSU is getting Norvell (which at this point is seeming iffy) why wouldn’t Kiffin take FSU over Arkansas which is at a huge recruiting disadvantage in the SEC? 

FSU is as much of a dumpster fire as Arkansas, that’s for sure. I would think he’d be in play for either job. I’m sure Mike Leach was as well, hence the big extension after a mediocre season. 

Kiffin May indeed be content in Boca. He has a cushy gig, he will always have his team at the top of that conference, etc. As long as he doesn’t mind losing those couple or three games a year when they are the sacrificial lambs in return for a big paycheck, he could be fine. He may not want all the pressure anymore. He doesn’t even have the hottest coach’s wife in CFB anymore, and he may not want that. I could see him being perfectly content where he is.