Sign in to follow this  
Grande Mastere Dreade

College Football 2019

13 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Skipped practice today. 

no wonder OSU went and found themselves another qb....   they knew they weren't going anywhere with him..

he looks like your stereotypical douchebag

GettyImages-1143834363-775x465.jpg

He was supposedly back practicing today.  But it won’t last. 

Feel bad for the Freshman he’s going to get blitzed to death on the 24th.

11 hours ago, Fakenews said:

He was supposedly back practicing today.  But it won’t last. 

Feel bad for the Freshman he’s going to get blitzed to death on the 24th.

if there are enough players left on the UF team...  dropping like flies

1 hour ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

Injured or incarcerated?

8 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

Injured or incarcerated?

Both,  in addition to suspended or dismissed from team.  There is a troubling domestic abuse epidemic apparently.  Some people are saying Coach Mullins players have the character of Coach ************ players without the talent. Sad. :(

32 minutes ago, 2slow said:

Both,  in addition to suspended or dismissed from team.  There is a troubling domestic abuse epidemic apparently.  Some people are saying Coach Mullins players have the character of Coach ************ players without the talent. Sad. :(

This was the Georgia meme of the week on SDS.  

How many of them are still on the team?

none.

So much masturbation. Just over a week until stupid season is over. 

I'm going stir crazy, but it brings back great memories of when UF and UM played to start every season. I remember walking to class and seeing "BEAT MIAMI" painted across the road in gigantic letters and thinking "holy shit, this stuff is taken seriously."  Little did I know....  So many people forget where Miami got that one loss that year (83) that they beat Nebraska to get their first title, but it was to Florida in Bernie's first game as a starter.  I used to have a shirt that read "Miami Hurricanes, 1983 National Champions...in 49 States." This is serious shit.  And for the record, I used to be a Canes fan, until they went all in on the thug life and built their own cupcake conference. 

15 hours ago, 2slow said:

No one but delusional UGA fans (who have not seen a winning decade vs the Gators since the 70’s) are saying that.

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I'm going stir crazy, but it brings back great memories of when UF and UM played to start every season. I remember walking to class and seeing "BEAT MIAMI" painted across the road in gigantic letters and thinking "holy shit, this stuff is taken seriously."  Little did I know....  So many people forget where Miami got that one loss that year (83) that they beat Nebraska to get their first title, but it was to Florida in Bernie's first game as a starter.  I used to have a shirt that read "Miami Hurricanes, 1983 National Champions...in 49 States." This is serious shit.  And for the record, I used to be a Canes fan, until they went all in on the thug life and built their own cupcake conference. 

Word is the Gators and Canes are looking to restart a home and home series starting in 2023.  I had that T shirt as well

4 hours ago, Fakenews said:

No one but delusional UGA fans (who have not seen a winning decade vs the Gators since the 70’s) are saying that.

Did you see that Brenton Cox (left UGA because he was being pushed to 3rd/4th on depth chart) is now the highest rated and only 5* recruit on the entire Florida team?  Good luck reptiles!

On 8/15/2019 at 4:44 PM, 2slow said:

Did you see that Brenton Cox (left UGA because he was being pushed to 3rd/4th on depth chart) is now the highest rated and only 5* recruit on the entire Florida team?  Good luck reptiles!

No luck needed we’ve got 40 year of history on our side. So much winning!

21 hours ago, Fakenews said:

No luck needed we’ve got 40 year of history on our side. So much winning!

Have UF, FSU and Miami all been down at the same time in the past 40 years besides now? It seems the instate talent would gravitate towards one of those schools but that has not been the case for a few years.  Why do more of the top 10 instate recruits choose Georgia, Clemson or Alabama than staying home? It is troubling.

23 minutes ago, 2slow said:

Have UF, FSU and Miami all been down at the same time in the past 40 years besides now? It seems the instate talent would gravitate towards one of those schools but that has not been the case for a few years.  Why do more of the top 10 instate recruits choose Georgia, Clemson or Alabama than staying home? It is troubling.

Global warming.   It’s getting hotter and hotter every year in Florida.  And now we’re experiencing monsoon like rain.  In my neck of the woods it’s rained 10 straight days and we’ve had 275% of normal rainfall the last 30 days.  The mosquitos are horrible and there’s a constant threat of a Cat 5 hurricane.  It a miracle we keep any HS players in state.  Yet somehow UF consistently maintains a winning record vs FSU, UGA, LSU and Tennessee over the last 4 decades.

35 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Global warming.   It’s getting hotter and hotter every year in Florida.  And now we’re experiencing monsoon like rain.  In my neck of the woods it’s rained 10 straight days and we’ve had 275% of normal rainfall the last 30 days.  The mosquitos are horrible and there’s a constant threat of a Cat 5 hurricane.  It a miracle we keep any HS players in state.  Yet somehow UF consistently maintains a winning record vs FSU, UGA, LSU and Tennessee over the last 4 decades.

Excellent answer, global warming.  Love it!

Here in Georgia we just had the hottest week on record, fucking brutal.  9 at night, 97 degrees and 80% humidity.

There you go with that arbitrary 40 year thing again.  

6 days gentlemen!!!

I didn’t pay any attention to college football till about 40 years ago hence the reference point

:D

Also I left out the threat of alligators which are now swimming in the streets.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/18/us/alligators-florida-trnd/index.html

Cannot wait till Saturday but not going to the game.  Upper bowl tickets start at $300. Lower bowl at $500

9 hours ago, Fakenews said:

I didn’t pay any attention to college football till about 40 years ago hence the reference point

:D

Also I left out the threat of alligators which are now swimming in the streets.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/18/us/alligators-florida-trnd/index.html

Cannot wait till Saturday but not going to the game.  Upper bowl tickets start at $300. Lower bowl at $500

Once again, lie and say you never posted as Bull Gator.

On 8/19/2019 at 10:37 AM, Sol Rosenberg said:

Old School.

T shirt sold at JMU in the 90's

Front - Virginia Tech Sucks

Back - UVA Swallows

28 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

i designed a t-shirt in college..  plucked knocked kneed chicken,   slogan  get plucked carolina..    we sold 500 in 2 hours

You should bring it back. They’re very thin skinned (the fans that is).

So in my preseason reading I see that Florida is in the most over rated and under rated lists. Houston of course is not even mentioned except one short line saying they should be exciting to watch. So again after doing my due diligence I am reminded it is a good thing they actually play the games.  UH will surprise some folks and will be better next year and the year after, it's been a long time since there was a coach would wanted to make his career here.  And hoping d'Eriq King can stay healthy.  We share a d' so naturally bonding. 

1 minute ago, d'ranger said:

So in my preseason reading I see that Florida is in the most over rated and under rated lists. Houston of course is not even mentioned except one short line saying they should be exciting to watch. So again after doing my due diligence I am reminded it is a good thing they actually play the games.  UH will surprise some folks and will be better next year and the year after, it's been a long time since there was a coach would wanted to make his career here.  And hoping d'Eriq King can stay healthy.  We share a d' so naturally bonding. 

Nobody knows what any team is going to do this year. A handful of teams can be relied upon to be good, but for the most part, preseason polls are pure masturbation and/or reliance on last year’s postseason poll. It’s like rating signees and putting stars on high school kids. It’s fun but not something to bet the farm on. 

16 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Nobody knows what any team is going to do this year. A handful of teams can be relied upon to be good, but for the most part, preseason polls are pure masturbation and/or reliance on last year’s postseason poll. It’s like rating signees and putting stars on high school kids. It’s fun but not something to bet the farm on. 

For some teams.. :D

in other news..  why the fb players want to hit the sec.. 

In Overtime, Bacon examines the NCAA’s allowance for universities to provide players with a full cost of attendance, which provides schools to factor in expenses such as travel, food and laundry – along with other costs not covered by the cost of tuition. At Michigan, Bacon reports that figure comes in at $2,400 for out-of-state players per term both before and after the NCAA made allowances for the full attendance costs. That number only becomes more magnified when compared to SEC programs, which according to the book, totals $5,386 per term at Alabama, $5,586 at Auburn and $5,666 at Tennessee – which represents a 34 percent bump from the previous rate.

Florida defensive lineman Elijah Conliffe’s season is over before it started, according to a new social media post.

Sat is starting to look bleaker as another one bites the dust..

5 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

conliffe wasn't a starter and I think he was a co-backup, though they are thin on depth.  That's why they play the game.  I can usually tell who is going to win that game by listening for which team is doing all the talking, because they usually lose. That factor right there concerns me much more than Conliffe's injury.  Hardly a peep out of Miami all week, while Florida has been flapping their gums incessantly. 

I am quietly confident wrt the Gators chances.  The OL coach has expressed satisfaction with his top 8 guys and UF has arguably the second best skill players behind Bama (who lost a 5*RB for the season this week).

I haven’t noticed the gum flapping but Mullen has been effusive in his praise of Franks.  I assume he’s got good reason and isn’t merely trying to build his confidences.

7 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

Wonder what a Vandy baseball scholarship's worth?...

The season can't start soon enough.  It's getting silly.  The other day I read about Harbaugh accusing SEC teams of cheating.  I guess that's easier than talking about 41-13. 

56 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

The season can't start soon enough.  It's getting silly.  The other day I read about Harbaugh accusing SEC teams of cheating.  I guess that's easier than talking about 41-13. 

We haven't seen your prediction for GW yet. 

On 8/14/2019 at 10:20 AM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

2019 recruiting class is now the worst they have had since Rivals started keeping track of such things 

https://www.barstoolsports.com/barstoolu/florida-have-already-lost-five-5-recruits-from-their-class-of-2019-1392231

• Like 1

On 8/14/2019 at 11:06 AM, ROADKILL666 said:

Image result for the university of miamiThis is all you need to know

Canes have a big fan in me tonight!!!

I'm streaming it from ESPN, is there somewhere with commentary?

Damn. Miami played them a hell of a lot tougher than Michigan did. That’s a Canes team that is going places, and going there with jewelry. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Damn. Miami played them a hell of a lot tougher than Michigan did. That’s a Canes team that is going places, and going there with jewelry. 

Wanna make it interesting?  All time series record 4-1.

I have to admit, I'm looking forward to U-M this year.  We returned the entire OL, have a great QB, and a new OC and offensive strategy (spread offense, no huddle).  We should be awesome on offense which is a nice change.  Defense?  Losing the 10th and 12th overall picks didn't help.  Total unknown there.  

Just now, Cal20sailor said:

Wanna make it interesting?

It’s already Been interesting, but I don’t think we’ll see UM vs UM this year, which would be really interesting. The Canes are back!  Just look at all of those legends on the sidelines with the team.

Y’all just need to stay out of interfamily squabbles and let the state teams settle it. Nothing good comes from getting in the middle of domestic disputes, no matter how badly BG gets under your skin. Canes/Gators is a special kind of hate. 

2 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

It’s already Been interesting, but I don’t think we’ll see UM vs UM this year, which would be really interesting. The Canes are back!  Just look at all of those legends on the sidelines with the team.

Y’all just need to stay out of interfamily squabbles and let the state teams settle it. Nothing good comes from getting in the middle of domestic disputes, no matter how badly BG gets under your skin. Canes/Gators is a special kind of hate. 

We can at least agree that both teams from tonight left themselves plenty of room for improvement.  

1 hour ago, 2slow said:

Refs are trying to give game to gators

You are a bitter Gator Hater.  3 pass interference calls on the last drive is giving it to the.Gators?

10 sacks. We took the game when we had to.

Great game though.  Miami played super hard.  They’re still punks how is that bullshit 305 gold jewelers allowed on a college sideline?

2 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

We can at least agree that both teams from tonight left themselves plenty of room for improvement.  

What a mess. Four turnovers and a win. A rare combo. My dog still hasn’t left his safe place since my response to the  4th and 34 pass interference play. 

Miami will not fight that hard again all season. The FSU game might be close to matching the intensity, but this is another level. 

6 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

You are a bitter Gator Hater.  3 pass interference calls on the last drive is giving it to the.Gators?

The refs were rusty too. Bad calls all over the place, in either direction. What a messy game in every way. What was the line from Top Gun, “the result was a win but I think we’ve shown it to be an example of what not to do.”

The Gators has more sacks than the UM line was born with. 

10 hours ago, Fakenews said:

They were pass interference, some of the only good calls made by refs!

Good news is Felipe still makes profoundly poor decisions, the gators have zero discipline and they cannot tackle.  

This year is going be a disaster for Florida.

FB_IMG_1566739669559.jpg

Get used to this

Forgot to add, third and Grantham or fourth and Grantham is still a thing, hope he is DC for life in Gainesville 

49 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Seventh Georgia player ringing up charges this offseason. How many got shown the door? 

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/georgia-football/bill-norton-georgia-arrest-2019/

All misdemeanors at least.....the only one to leave is now a gator.

Also, let me troll Gaston in peace.  It really takes the wind out of my sails when you respond instead of intended target. :)

Go GW!

1 hour ago, 2slow said:

Forgot to add, third and Grantham or fourth and Grantham is still a thing, hope he is DC for life in Gainesville 

The 4th and 40 pass interference was bogus and the refs were clearly truing to give the game to scUM.  The flag that they picked up in the end zone was another example.  UF recorded 10 sacks 4 fumbles and 17 TFL.  Fromm is going to have a very bad day in Jacksonville in October.

On the offensive side a mixed bag.  Positives were that the very green OL gave Franks plenty of  time vs the vaunted front 7 of Miami.  Outside of Auburn they’re the best the Gators will face. They also won the penalty battle.  Negatives were one boneheaded play by franks on the late Int (he was hit throwing) but Mullen took responsibility for not running clock on that.  Also the run game was non existent. That may have been because we only ran 54 offensive plays and never got in sync. Franks has a cannon for an arm Mullen needs to call more deep balls.

Tackling was poor but that’s easily fixable with a bye week and a couple of scrimmages coming up.  We also get two starting players  and one backup back from suspension.  

All in all a tough game but a win with lots of positives to point to.

37 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

The 4th and 40 pass interference was bogus and the refs were clearly truing to give the game to scUM.  The flag that they picked up in the end zone was another example.  UF recorded 10 sacks 4 fumbles and 17 TFL.  Fromm is going to have a very bad day in Jacksonville in October.

On the offensive side a mixed bag.  Positives were that the very green OL gave Franks plenty of  time vs the vaunted front 7 of Miami.  Outside of Auburn they’re the best the Gators will face. They also won the penalty battle.  Negatives were one boneheaded play by franks on the late Int (he was hit throwing) but Mullen took responsibility for not running clock on that.  Also the run game was non existent. That may have been because we only ran 54 offensive plays and never got in sync. Franks has a cannon for an arm Mullen needs to call more deep balls.

Tackling was poor but that’s easily fixable with a bye week and a couple of scrimmages coming up.  We also get two starting players  and one backup back from suspension.  

All in all a tough game but a win with lots of positives to point to.

So much bullshit to unpack for one post, you outdid yourself!

There was no controversy on the fourth and grantham call, the florida guy tackled the miami receiver

Franks was his typical bafflingly inconsistent self, completing 17-27 passes for 254 yards, a couple of scores, and two INTs, while proclaiming after the game, “I was in my zone.”  Sweet, you stay in that "zone" buddy!!!

FSU fans are feeling pretty good today.

Fromm will have a clean jersey after the Cocktail Party, he has the best O-line in Georgia history protecting him.  Two deep are all NFL players.

Perine is good but might not matter if your O-line cannot run block, and last night was a run blocking shit show.

One other takeaway, the Florida guys looked fast but kinda small, I think that is part of the reason the tackling was so poor.  This is likely the result of years of very average recruiting #talentgap

"

Miami needs to come up with some way to recognize the offensive line when they don’t give up a sack. The Golden Blunt, or something like that, would really get them playing. 

17 minutes ago, 2slow said:

So much bullshit to unpack for one post, you outdid yourself!

There was no controversy on the fourth and grantham call, the florida guy tackled the miami receiver

Franks was his typical bafflingly inconsistent self, completing 17-27 passes for 254 yards, a couple of scores, and two INTs, while proclaiming after the game, “I was in my zone.”  Sweet, you stay in that "zone" buddy!!!

FSU fans are feeling pretty good today.

Fromm will have a clean jersey after the Cocktail Party, he has the best O-line in Georgia history protecting him.  Two deep are all NFL players.

Perine is good but might not matter if your O-line cannot run block, and last night was a run blocking shit show.

One other takeaway, the Florida guys looked fast but kinda small, I think that is part of the reason the tackling was so poor.  This is likely the result of years of very average recruiting #talentgap

"

To be clear you are on record as saying the 2 deep OL are all NFL players?

LOL that some good crack your smoking. 

2 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Miami needs to come up with some way to recognize the offensive line when they don’t give up a sack. The Golden Blunt, or something like that, would really get them playing. 

:P

3 hours ago, Fakenews said:

To be clear you are on record as saying the 2 deep OL are all NFL players?

LOL that some good crack your smoking. 

This one will take a few years to prove but here are the candidates.  Reason the 2 deep for 5 spots has only 8 guys is because Salyer, Mays, and Webb are the backups for all 5 positions;  The backups are all 5* top 25 recruits.  I am not shitting you, this whole line will play in the NFL.  

Andrew Thomas

Solomon Kindley

Ben Cleveland

Isaiah Wilson

Trey Hill

Jamaree Salyer

Cade Mays 

Clay Webb

17 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

I thought that game was fun to watch, though knowing that there was no way they could both lose, which would have been optimal.

The closest thing to that optimal was seeing how incredibly poorly prepared both teams were. I think both teams finish 2 games above 500 at absolute best.

(I will say that Miami running back's 50 yard run was fun to watch. Solid play)

like i said , good game, two teams not quite in shape, hanging in there and slugging it out..  what league were those refs from? they must have really hated danny boy at the end of the game.. i guess they got tired of him chewing their ears off..   pay back is hell

When I tell you that UM/UF has a different level of intensity, this is what I mean. Fuck Miami  

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/multiple-reports-say-floridas-band-was-attacked-after-miami-game-director-slammed-to-ground/

Stuff like that just irks the living shit out of me. You still can’t spell “Scum” without UM. Does Manny give out chains or other trinkets to fans who assault the other school’s people? 

4 hours ago, 2slow said:

This one will take a few years to prove but here are the candidates.  Reason the 2 deep for 5 spots has only 8 guys is because Salyer, Mays, and Webb are the backups for all 5 positions;  The backups are all 5* top 25 recruits.  I am not shitting you, this whole line will play in the NFL.  

Andrew Thomas

Solomon Kindley

Ben Cleveland

Isaiah Wilson

Trey Hill

Jamaree Salyer

Cade Mays 

Clay Webb

Alabama has 12 OL in the league.  Assuming a average 7 year career that implies a pool of 70 players. No way 10 OL from the current roster are playing in the NFL.

BTW UGA has 5 and  UF has 13 including the NFL’s highest paid

4 hours ago, On The Hard said:

I thought that game was fun to watch, though knowing that there was no way they could both lose, which would have been optimal.

The closest thing to that optimal was seeing how incredibly poorly prepared both teams were. I think both teams finish 2 games above 500 at absolute best.

(I will say that Miami running back's 50 yard run was fun to watch. Solid play)

I kept wishing for some type of double loss.  Hate both of these teams

28 minutes ago, pbd said:

Suck it..

55 minutes ago, pbd said:

Take comfort that all of the Florida fans that bet on the game lost!  

3 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Take comfort that all of the Florida fans that bet on the game lost!  

Not me (entirely) I got -4 from a gator hater buddy for the game before the second half and pushed. Lost the over under though.

7 hours ago, 2slow said:

Andrew Thomas

Solomon Kindley

Ben Cleveland

Isaiah Wilson

Trey Hill

Jamaree Salyer

Cade Mays 

Clay Webb

clemson tried to recruit the bottom three, big time..  

and you got to love ol'  Finne...

Enough already with the jokes the Florida-Miami game set college football back 150 years as the CFB150 began. Closer to 50.

8 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

you can't fix stupid..

Meh. 

SEC fans gotta bitch about something.

On 6/7/2019 at 10:31 AM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

also I wish the  press of the SEC would STFU and quit making excuses for alabama ...   god they all act so butt hurt..

Did you read the pigskin prophet on t-net?  Seems he spent the summer selling a special cream to Bama fans. He developed a special one for finebaum to keep his ears in. 

Not happy about the Thursday home game but a five day weekend isn’t too bad.

Been drinking since noon and our rally cat is at the tailgate. Ready to kick this off at 8. 

Fight Tigers Fight!

42 minutes ago, svitale said:

Did you read the pigskin prophet on t-net?  Seems he spent the summer selling a special cream to Bama fans. He developed a special one for finebaum to keep his ears in. 

Not happy about the Thursday home game but a five day weekend isn’t too bad.

Been drinking since noon and our rally cat is at the tailgate. Ready to kick this off at 8. 

Fight Tigers Fight!

i see from the cams that the fans have been "pouring " in ...  have fun..

2 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

byu / fsu game moving to tallahassee @ noon     fsu gets an extra home game

I’m calling it now Boise for the straight up win!

• Like 1

This comcast ACC network thing is bullshit!! I want to see Clemson curbstomp GT!

Clemson struggling to steamroll GT at the half.  Trevor with only 160 yards and 2 Ints. Falling out of Heisman race?

UCLA losing to Cincinnati.  Ha ha Chip Kelly.

19 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Clemson struggling to steamroll GT at the half.  Trevor with only 160 yards and 2 Ints. Falling out of Heisman race?.

Clemsones tallent graduated laste Maye.                            :)

3 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

not all of it...

Clemson struggling to steamroll GT at the half.  Trevor with only 160 yards and 2 Ints. Falling out of Heisman race?

fuck the kid is only a true soph..   people already have him winning the super bowl..   give him a break.       he'll be ok. .. 

4 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:
2 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

not all of it...

I no, my appollogiese if needed GMD.         :)