Sign in to follow this  
The Joker

Media hypocrisy on display. Believe the woman unless the attacker was a Democrat.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/lt-gov-justin-fairfax-suggests-gov-northam-behind-leaked-sexual-assault-allegation

“Fairfax and the woman told different versions of what happened in the hotel room with no one else present,” the paper said. “The Washington Post could not find anyone who could corroborate either version

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/whats-wrong-with-judging-a-man-by-his-lifes-record/2018/10/02/3fee5e5a-c67c-11e8-9b1c-a90f1daae309_story.html?utm_term=.aca436689abd

But when a credible woman materialized with a charge of high school sexual assault, who were Democrats to deny her a voice? And who are we to question — ever — the credibility of an alleged survivor? Kavanaugh not only is an alleged predator but has also been accused — although less credibly — of being present at a party where a gang rape supposedly occurred

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

I hope this turns out better than your last Daily Outrage. just sayin...

Can you give me a summation of his latest foreskin scrapings? I really can't be bothered to read the scribblings.

1 minute ago, Ishmael said:

Can you give me a summation of his latest foreskin scrapings? I really can't be bothered to read the scribblings.

Sorry, I was just bored enough to read his drivel and didn't bother to read the links.  Based on his track record here I will wait for the book and movie first.

3 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Sorry, I was just bored enough to read his drivel and didn't bother to read the links.  Based on his track record here I will wait for the book and movie first.

I'll wait for the Coles Notes to hit the bargain bin. Then I'll ignore them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

The bill was proposed.  The clip I provided showed the actual hearing where a key question was asked and answered.  

That you call it daily outrage is disengenuos at best,  partisan denial at worst. 

Unfortunately for the narrative you tried to claim The outrage, as you call it led to the bill failing.  

If it floats your boat Keep those blinders on.  

I know...one way to settle all these allegations that seem to conveniently arise just as some bloke makes a position of wealth, power and influence..like Dogs..one free bite...a get out of goal free card as it were..

two bites and the position goes to the next FEMALE contender.

Fair?

2 minutes ago, The Joker said:

The bill was proposed.  The clip I provided showed the actual hearing where a key question was asked and answered.  

That you call it daily outrage is disengenuos at best,  partisan denial at worst. 

Unfortunately for the narrative you tried to claim The outrage, as you call it led to the bill failing.  

You didn't provide shit beyond a very short snippet of a much longer video. I would like to try those blinders but you never take them off.

You are really dumb btw.

12 minutes ago, The Joker said:

:violin:

15 minutes ago, The Joker said:

739bde35839b706c1fa5b94dea6eb904.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ishmael said:

An unidentified woman claims to have been sexually assaulted by Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax (D, Virginia) at the Democratic convention in Boston, 2004.  Fairfax admits to having sex with the woman but it was consensual.  As of this morning, there is no additional evidence beyond the individual testimony of the two participants.

To me, this was the most curious allegation:

"The Collective Political Action Committee (PAC), which says on its website that it "working to fix the challenge of African American underrepresentation in elected seats of power throughout our nation," issued a statement on Monday charging it had "learned through various sources that Governor Northam's team and advisors have now decided to start attacking Lt. Governor Justin Fairfax by spreading lies to reporters and state leaders in an attempt to quell support for the Lt. Governor as Governor Northam's impending successor should he resign."

So, if the report is to be believed, Northam's supporters are trying to throw Fairfax under the bus to minimize the pressure for Northam to step down.  The Republicans aren't actually much involved other than opportunistically trying to play 'gotcha' over Kavanaugh. 

6 hours ago, Ishmael said:
6 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Get a room. 

3 hours ago, cmilliken said:

An unidentified woman claims to have been sexually assaulted by Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax (D, Virginia) at the Democratic convention in Boston, 2004.  Fairfax admits to having sex with the woman but it was consensual.  As of this morning, there is no additional evidence beyond the individual testimony of the two participants.

To me, this was the most curious allegation:

"The Collective Political Action Committee (PAC), which says on its website that it "working to fix the challenge of African American underrepresentation in elected seats of power throughout our nation," issued a statement on Monday charging it had "learned through various sources that Governor Northam's team and advisors have now decided to start attacking Lt. Governor Justin Fairfax by spreading lies to reporters and state leaders in an attempt to quell support for the Lt. Governor as Governor Northam's impending successor should he resign."

So, if the report is to be believed, Northam's supporters are trying to throw Fairfax under the bus to minimize the pressure for Northam to step down.  The Republicans aren't actually much involved other than opportunistically trying to play 'gotcha' over Kavanaugh. 

Yeah I thought about a thread title Dems eating their own. Think of the daily outrage.  

The point I was making is with Ford there was zero collaboration. 

Even worse those who she claimed were there stated they were not and has no memories of the party or her telling them about it.  

But everyone on the left and some on the right found her believable.  

Now the WP decides not to APPLY that same standard - believe the woman no matter what and dismissed the story because despite the fact that Fairfax admitted a encounter it was a he said she said. 

• Like 2

I guess I'm overly simple.  Accusations get thrown around quite often.  They may get investigated.  If something turns out to be true, charges are brought.  Trials occur.  People get convicted.  Last I checked, only ignorant individuals try to draw conclusions from allegations.  You know.  The ones who bleed confirmation bias and grab onto things with both hands if they fit their world view.  Regardless of the truth of the matter.  In fact in that regard it has a lot in common with anti-vaxxers, climate change deniers, and even Judge Brett Kavanaugh.

So why are we up in arms about this exactly?  You wouldn't even KNOW about this if it wasn't reported.  But you claim media bias.... why?

1 hour ago, Grrr... said:

I guess I'm overly simple.  Accusations get thrown around quite often.  They may get investigated.  If something turns out to be true, charges are brought.  Trials occur.  People get convicted.  Last I checked, only ignorant individuals try to draw conclusions from allegations.  You know.  The ones who bleed confirmation bias and grab onto things with both hands if they fit their world view.  Regardless of the truth of the matter.  In fact in that regard it has a lot in common with anti-vaxxers, climate change deniers, and even Judge Brett Kavanaugh.

So why are we up in arms about this exactly?  You wouldn't even KNOW about this if it wasn't reported.  But you claim media bias.... why?

We learned about it because the accuser went to a different media outlet  

She originally went to the WP in 2017  

At that time they did an investigation and decided her word was NOT good enough  

Flash forward to the  we must believe Kavenoughs accusers regardless of zero evidence or collaboration 

Pretty clear double standard  

Dyqv4wyWoAAoTj6.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, The Joker said:

We learned about it because the accuser went to a different media outlet  

She originally went to the WP in 2017  

At that time they did an investigation and decided her word was NOT good enough  

Flash forward to the  we must believe Kavenoughs accusers regardless of zero evidence or collaboration 

Pretty clear double standard  

Wait.  Who said we had to believe any allegations by Ford? That's up to individuals.  I don't remember anyone showing up holding me at gunpoint telling me how to believe.  Would you like to try another straw man argument or is that it for today? 

27 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Wait.  Who said we had to believe any allegations by Ford? That's up to individuals.  I don't remember anyone showing up holding me at gunpoint telling me how to believe.  Would you like to try another straw man argument or is that it for today? 

I’m judging our elected leaders on their response.  

A democratic professor from Ca comes forth with charges of sexual assault against a SC nominee.  Those charges could not be confirmed, in fact her witnesses stated they were not there 

Democratic leaders go full court press telling the world they believe her 

leap forward 

A second democratic Professor from CA comes forward with charges of sexual assault against a fellow Democrat and those same democratic leaders are mute.  

Just now, The Joker said:

I’m judging our elected leaders on their response.  

A democratic professor from Ca comes forth with charges of sexual assault against a SC nominee.  Those charges could not be confirmed, in fact her witnesses stated they were not there 

Democratic leaders go full court press telling the world they believe her 

leap forward 

A second democratic Professor from CA comes forward with charges of sexual assault against a fellow Democrat and those same democratic leaders are mute.  

You left out the part where the Republican Senate would not allow further investigation or other persons to testify. He also lied before Congress.

Eric Bauman the party official I think you are referring to, resigned 5 days after the allegations became public. The California Democratic Party was quite forceful demanding his resignation.

You know what we aren't seeing here? 

Attacks on the accuser. A list of 56 women who swear that they were never raped by the Gov. A concerted effort by pundits acting in lock step that its a conspiracy led by the other party.

I think people are reserving judgement and watching carefully, some with dread, some with indignation & some pissed off. Sorry if that triggers you. Maybe next time a judge is up for a lifetime appointment to the highest court in the land you can learn from the example being shown for a lieutenant Gov.

But why do I even bother? You only see yourself and your party as perfect. Dream on, partisan twit.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

I don't think he's suggesting you believed allegations. I think he's just making a false equivalence to support his victimhood view of an unfair world. 

Anybody got a tissue?

56 minutes ago, benwynn said:

I don't think he's suggesting you believed allegations. I think he's just making a false equivalence to support his victimhood view of an unfair world. 

Anybody got a tissue?

How about a roll of paper towels?

7 hours ago, Ishmael said:

He probably prefers a tube sock when talking about how evil democrats are.

8 hours ago, Ishmael said:

I dig the metaphor, but paper towels are so hard on sensitive skin......

Dy6aetZXgAEzrst.jpg