Sign in to follow this  
Nailing Malarkey Too

Trump's confidence.

I don't remember seeing a time that Trump was ever flustered or nervous. Maybe I missed it but I certainly can't recall an event where he wasn't 100% confident and self-assured.  

If anyone can post a video where he was I'd be curious to see it. 

• Downvote 6

17 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

I don't remember seeing a time that Trump was ever flustered or nervous. Maybe I missed it but I certainly can't recall an event where he wasn't 100% confident and self-assured.  

If anyone can post a video where he was I'd be curious to see it. 

Oh..trust me ...we'd have seen it.....
Hell they can't find any real dirt on him....just a bunch of cobbled together pie in the sky

CNN.jpg

con·fi·dence man

Dictionary result for confidence man

/ˈkänfəd(ə)ns man/
noun
noun: confidence man; plural noun: confidence men
  1. old-fashioned term for con man.

Of course he is confident - that is his JOB after all.

48 minutes ago, learningJ24 said:

He's always confident; it's his game.

There is a striking difference between him and a typical politician. 

Hit him with a 'You condescend to women" as in Megyn Kely and he makes a joke and insults the questioner.

Any other person on that stage would get defensive, and stumble trying to parse every word they utter for future political consequences. 

Kelly did him a favor it immediately established why he was center stage and why the other weasels weren't. 

• Downvote 5

4 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Confident =/= Competent

We regret your confusion.

Trust BD to miss the point.  No one said they were related you feckless weasel. 

• Downvote 6

You can fool all the people some of the time

You can fool Malarkey all of the time.  as Eva Dent

Confidence is all he's got.

Clearly, Trump is trying to improve (from the movie Serendipity):

Do you remember

the philosopher Epictetus?

You remember what he said?

He said, "If you want to

improve, be content to be

thought foolish and stupid."

32 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Hit him with a 'You condescend to women" as in Megyn Kely and he makes a joke and insults the questioner.

In very much the George Wallace model.

5 minutes ago, learningJ24 said:

In very much the George Wallace model.

George never stood up when a woman entered the room...height of impropriety.  

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

Confidence is all he's got.

Let's fact check that statement. 

• Billionaire
  • The presidency
  • The leadership of the free world
  • Use of Airforce One 
  • Huge fan base
  • Attractive wife
  • Successful children.
  • Any Tee time he wants at some of the nices golf courses in the world. 
  • And he gets to enjoy those tormented with terminal cases of TDS

Rating  - False - Pants on fire - 5 Pinocchios 

• Downvote 5

8 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

• Billionaire
  • The presidency
  • Use of Airforce One 
  • Huge fan base
  • Attractive wife
  • Successful children.

And you wrote we were facing a humor shortage.   lol.

1 hour ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Nonsense I never think that.

I'm never wrong. 

Again proving why unfounded confidence just makes you a Yoo-hoo swilling bufoon 

4 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

There is a striking difference between him and a typical politician. 

Any other person on that stage would get defensive, and stumble trying to parse every word they utter for future political consequences. 

Kelly did him a favor it immediately established why he was center stage and why the other weasels weren't. 

The answer is pretty simple. He doesn't get flustered because he has no sense of shame, no morals.

People express stress in different ways...when Trump Doubles down...he's stressed...he's smart enough to know when he's under attack but lacks the empathy to respond in an appropriate manner...this is common with Malignant Narcissists. 

This frequently puts him centre stage as you say, but only in the same way any boor behaving badly is put on centre stage.Tabloids, such as you read, rarely sell news with pics of mr nicey. They like ugly..it sells to their base. 

3 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

• Billionaire
  • The presidency
  • Use of Airforce One 
  • Huge fan base
  • Attractive wife
  • Successful children.

Leadership of the free world he ain't my leader and I would imagine most of the world agree.

Many of those accomplishments could describe a mafia don as well.... hold on maybe I am on to something  

Poor Jack's one of those suckers that thinks that one day too he'll be loved and respected if only he has enough gold.

It's not an uncommon ploy.

Power has to be represented in some fashion to balance the fear factor...just look at primative society and religions.

Gold , gold gold everywhere..and if you have no real gold, you invent it .

His medal collection is but the beginning.

And if he can't garner love and respect..ridicule center stage will do.

6 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:
6 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Confident =/= Competent

We regret your confusion.

Trust BD to miss the point.  No one said they were related you feckless weasel. 

Confidence over competence is something only a moron would applaud.

I am sure your hands are sore from clapping.

Confident people don't spend their time proclaiming how smart they are, nor how great they are at their job.  Confident people allow their actions to speak for themselves - something Trump can ill afford to do.  So it's Slogan Season - Build the Wall Crime Will Fall! Lock Her Up.

It's easy to see why Jack admires, supports and emulates Trump - they share many characteristics. 

• Like 1

Got the “con” right.

8 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Confident people don't spend their time proclaiming how smart they are, nor how great they are at their job.

Bingo .

2 hours ago, badlatitude said:

dgfs5xlcv5f21.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=f680c2e185b7e06bae660230deda0517bed10a5e

Electrician - college degree?

I don't disagree. He's confident. As he has no other redeeming features, I don't see why Jack's crowing about it. Confidence, despite being on the wrong side of facts or morality, is the sign of a wilful idiot and/or dishonest "confidence man". Neither is appealing in a national leader.

• Like 1

Confidence is preceded by ignorance in many cases.

1 minute ago, badlatitude said:
42 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Electrician - college degree?

Electrical engineer?

I didn't need an apprenticeship or "level 3 qualification" (assuming that's the US "certificate 3" equivalent). Need to finish a university degree to be an electrical engineer (which is why us graduates know Jack isn't one), but an electrician has a lower educational bar to clear. 

1 minute ago, corkob said:

Confidence is preceded by ignorance in many cases.

That's the Dunning-Kruger principle.

Indeed. That’s putting one label on it. The trouble is, I’m quite sure Trump knows a lot of what he spouts is bullshit. He believes that a large proportion of the audience he is playing to will believe it. That makes it even more incidious. He’s a media monster. Why else would he boast about shooting someone in Central Park and still maintaining support. That’s frankly frightening. He’s normalizing this type of behavior which is disturbing.

17 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

I didn't need an apprenticeship or "level 3 qualification" (assuming that's the US "certificate 3" equivalent). Need to finish a university degree to be an electrical engineer (which is why us graduates know Jack isn't one), but an electrician has a lower educational bar to clear. 

Interesting. I hope Olsonist answers also, I believe he is an electrical engineer as well. 

2 minutes ago, corkob said:

Indeed. That’s putting one label on it. The trouble is, I’m quite sure Trump knows a lot of what he spouts is bullshit. He believes that a large proportion of the audience he is playing to will believe it. That makes it even more incidious. He’s a media monster. Why else would he boast about shooting someone in Central Park and still maintaining support. That’s frankly frightening. He’s normalizing this type of behavior which is disturbing.

I disagree, but only on the angle (not the substance). He's a media agitator, he knows how to milk publicity, and I'm 100% positive he knows he's lying when he spouts shit (he just doesn't care). The thing is, I don't think Trump is normalising that kind of behaviour. There have always been confidence men like him, with varying degrees of financial success, but the people normalising this are those that support him. If the Republican party (and their voters) had rejected his candidacy (in the primary and/or general), it would have shown that it wasn't acceptable. Instead, they chose him and normalised his behaviour as not only reasonable, but worthy of being POTUS.

Even if you ignore the whole "Hillary was worse" angle the usual suspects will trot out, there were better GOP candidates in the primary. Trump didn't act any differently then than he does now and they still chose him over the others. Republicans wanted a man who behaves like this. The normalisation falls on them, because he didn't change and they could have rejected him for it.

10 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Interesting. I hope Olsonist answers also, I believe he is an electrical engineer as well. 

Your original posting says "Electrician" not electrical engineer. An electrician does not need a degree.

2 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Your original posting says "Electrician" not electrical engineer. An electrician does not need a degree.

I agree and I didn't see that flaw until Bent brought it up.

Hey! :angry:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Well not exactly. There are varying levels of "electrician" and to be at the top of that profession is at least an AA degree worth of classes.I have a relative doing it now.