Editor

sailor chick of the decade

lia-ditton-1024x575.jpg

Dear and nearly long-lost friend Lia Ditton has a story to tell. Read it.

Why Did You Stop Sailing? A journalist in Portland, Oregon asked me a year ago. 

Why Are You Rowing the Pacific?  Everyone asks me this.

In 2011, I starred in a horror movie, except that movie was my life. I had a stalker and you know him. You probably follow him online.

The messages at first were one liners, but over the months they became lengthy scripts from a sick, disturbed mind. “I am Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde…”

The emails were sent from names of people in the sailing industry or hybrids of sailing names. Sometimes photos were attached, of me that week. The calls were unregistered. The phone company had no record of them. Something called ‘pinging’ - I learned - an automated service you can select online, to harass someone. 

It didn’t matter what email address or social media account I used. The messages came up to 6 a day, sometimes sent to people I interacted with online. By Christmas of 2011, I had stopped writing for all sailing publications including Sailing Anarchy. 

I don’t remember when the hot sweats started, but I remember the nightmares in detail - waking up unable to scream, waking up as my throat was being slit.  I sat in the living room one day beside my life’s possessions all boxed up. I was planning to swim to the Scilly Isles at night, knowing full well I wouldn’t make it. I was afraid of myself - afraid if my stalker turned up in my alleyway, I would grab the kitchen knife and kill him. This was year two and I now knew who he was.

The police got more involved on the request of my uncle, a policeman himself. The stalker went on the list as WANTED in the UK, but he was on a train back to France before they could grab him. He was no fool. 

I moved apartment, moved again and then to Spain, alas too late. My appendix ruptured, then for a year, I was on a special diet to save my spleen. I was corroding, from the inside out.  Amazingly, I got a job - in the Sahara, for an ultra marathon company. The Sahara is beautiful, brutal, raw and so was the race, The Marathon des Sables. 

I waited all my career to join a women’s Volvo Team, but I didn’t apply for Team SCA, because I couldn’t. My life was a shattered pane of glass, held together by tape. 

But in the dust of the desert I found hope and three years after it started, I ventured back into sailing. At first I suffered heart palpitations at the sight of boats, - the stalker works in the sailing industry - but over time those went away. 

My first job was as safety officer for the ocean rowing race from Monterey to Hawaii; my second as boat captain of the 110ft solar powered catamaran ‘Planet Solar.’ Then again I was safety officer for the second edition of the rowing race to Hawaii. The ocean was calling me back.

Rowing the Atlantic in 2010 was a diversion, a fun side show to my main love of racing boats. Naked for 73 days, the oars extensions of my arms, I could feel the ocean. Whales swam alongside and clicked to communicate. I felt I belonged. I felt wild and free. 

When I began this project to row solo across the North Pacific, to be the 1st woman and 1st person to row land-to-land, I don’t think I knew my motive. Now I do. 

In 1,850 miles of training, rowing my boat in the bay of San Francisco and down the California Coast, my body has become strong. I have picked up a huge following of all ages, but particularly young girls. And for those girls, I want to throw open the doors of possibility that they can do and be whatever they dream of. 

Rowing the Pacific was never about rowing, but what it represents: resilience in the face of adversity, determination against all odds and dogged unwavering perseverance.

I don’t know how you move on from an experience like being stalked - it left shards of glass inside of me. But what we do know, is that over time glass is weathered by the sea. 

My typhoon-proof rowboat is about to be built and I am set on leaving Japan right before the Tokyo Olympics 2020. Think of it as the Super Slow Olympics as I’ll leave before the Olympics start and probably still be rowing after they’ve finished. 

I have one more thing to say. 

The man who stalked me is a sailing photographer. 

• Like 15
  • Downvote 1

huh.    That's some fucked up shit, there.

Don't know why you wouldn't Out the Fucker, but that's her business. 

14 minutes ago, Great Red Shark said:

word

Terrifying. And yet, not entirely surprising. There are some serious creeps out there. She's amazing for coming through that and accomplishing amazing things in spite of it. RESPECT.

46 minutes ago, Great Red Shark said:

Completely fucked up.

I think she did out him, at least to people she wants to know about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlondeWithFreeBoat said:

Terrifying. And yet, not entirely surprising. There are some serious creeps out there. She's amazing for coming through that and accomplishing amazing things in spite of it. RESPECT.

Respect indeed!  What a powerfully written piece, and how fucking scary!

Anyone want to start a gofundme to arrange for this scum to meet up with some Hells Angels types in a dark lane?

Go Lia - good luck with the Pacific row!

• Like 1

I'm sorry this happened to you. You should never have had to bear the burden of his utterly unacceptable behavior, and you deserve justice where he deserves hell. Good thing, then, that you're an asskicker and a champion amongst women. Please come back to SA when you're ready, and let the water heal you as only it can in the meanwhile. 

• Like 1

I hope UnderArmour makes her a custom hood so she can forego that ad hoc clothespin fix.  She deserves the best.

Incredible woman and I wish her well on this amazing endeavor. I have sailed that route and can't imagine rowing it.

It does give pause though to think about some of the behavior in these very forums.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Great Red Shark said:

She should, because now every famous sailing photographer is a suspect...

• Like 3

One "well known sailing photographer" was given a 5 year jail sentence for the rape of his niece back in 2014. Only actually spent 1 year behind bars though...

2 hours ago, chuso007 said:

It would also allow the rest of us to avoid the F out this person. She said most of us probably follow him - he deserves to lose his following, his credibility and business. 

I am sure this is a delicate thing for her and she has reasons she didn't say anything, but if she does decide to when she is comfortable, it would be a net positive, I think. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cms said:

One "well known sailing photographer" was given a 5 year jail sentence for the rape of his niece back in 2014. Only actually spent 1 year behind bars though...

You can out that one, he's already been sentenced.

• Like 1

I doubt it’s Sharon or Meghan...

C7C9FF10-5A28-4D2A-ABAD-02BB67FF3FA5.png

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, Editor said:

lia-ditton-1024x575.jpg

Dear and nearly long-lost friend Lia Ditton has a story to tell. Read it.

Why Did You Stop Sailing? A journalist in Portland, Oregon asked me a year ago. 

Why Are You Rowing the Pacific?  Everyone asks me this.

In 2011, I starred in a horror movie, except that movie was my life. I had a stalker and you know him. You probably follow him online.

The messages at first were one liners, but over the months they became lengthy scripts from a sick, disturbed mind. “I am Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde…”

The emails were sent from names of people in the sailing industry or hybrids of sailing names. Sometimes photos were attached, of me that week. The calls were unregistered. The phone company had no record of them. Something called ‘pinging’ - I learned - an automated service you can select online, to harass someone. 

It didn’t matter what email address or social media account I used. The messages came up to 6 a day, sometimes sent to people I interacted with online. By Christmas of 2011, I had stopped writing for all sailing publications including Sailing Anarchy. 

I don’t remember when the hot sweats started, but I remember the nightmares in detail - waking up unable to scream, waking up as my throat was being slit.  I sat in the living room one day beside my life’s possessions all boxed up. I was planning to swim to the Scilly Isles at night, knowing full well I wouldn’t make it. I was afraid of myself - afraid if my stalker turned up in my alleyway, I would grab the kitchen knife and kill him. This was year two and I now knew who he was.

The police got more involved on the request of my uncle, a policeman himself. The stalker went on the list as WANTED in the UK, but he was on a train back to France before they could grab him. He was no fool. 

I moved apartment, moved again and then to Spain, alas too late. My appendix ruptured, then for a year, I was on a special diet to save my spleen. I was corroding, from the inside out.  Amazingly, I got a job - in the Sahara, for an ultra marathon company. The Sahara is beautiful, brutal, raw and so was the race, The Marathon des Sables. 

I waited all my career to join a women’s Volvo Team, but I didn’t apply for Team SCA, because I couldn’t. My life was a shattered pane of glass, held together by tape. 

But in the dust of the desert I found hope and three years after it started, I ventured back into sailing. At first I suffered heart palpitations at the sight of boats, - the stalker works in the sailing industry - but over time those went away. 

My first job was as safety officer for the ocean rowing race from Monterey to Hawaii; my second as boat captain of the 110ft solar powered catamaran ‘Planet Solar.’ Then again I was safety officer for the second edition of the rowing race to Hawaii. The ocean was calling me back.

Rowing the Atlantic in 2010 was a diversion, a fun side show to my main love of racing boats. Naked for 73 days, the oars extensions of my arms, I could feel the ocean. Whales swam alongside and clicked to communicate. I felt I belonged. I felt wild and free. 

When I began this project to row solo across the North Pacific, to be the 1st woman and 1st person to row land-to-land, I don’t think I knew my motive. Now I do. 

In 1,850 miles of training, rowing my boat in the bay of San Francisco and down the California Coast, my body has become strong. I have picked up a huge following of all ages, but particularly young girls. And for those girls, I want to throw open the doors of possibility that they can do and be whatever they dream of. 

Rowing the Pacific was never about rowing, but what it represents: resilience in the face of adversity, determination against all odds and dogged unwavering perseverance.

I don’t know how you move on from an experience like being stalked - it left shards of glass inside of me. But what we do know, is that over time glass is weathered by the sea. 

My typhoon-proof rowboat is about to be built and I am set on leaving Japan right before the Tokyo Olympics 2020. Think of it as the Super Slow Olympics as I’ll leave before the Olympics start and probably still be rowing after they’ve finished. 

I have one more thing to say. 

The man who stalked me is a sailing photographer. 

I wish and hope you will find peace and and even more strength than you already have.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

I've met Billy Black, and it's not him.....

He seems like a regular guy and he’s busy on this side of the pond. Don’t think he would be able to hop a train for France to beat UK charges either.

30 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

I think you can eliminate most or all of those. Based on the story, it sounds like this person may live in Europe, given the escape through the tunnel to France.

In any case, I would encourage everyone not to toss names out here without knowing who it really is - there is one photographer who's a stalker nutcase and many more who have worked their tails off to build a fragile niche business and could lose it all thanks to an erroneous and speculative accusation by the internet court of public opinion. We can hope Lia will eventually name her tormenter but it isn't for us to post names in here and potentially ruin innocent people's businesses.

• Like 11

I’m under the impression that this post was a let’s find an out. Severe accusations such as these don’t sit well with me. She stated that the perp went back to France. Since I read that, I deduce that it is a Frenchman. She did not mention a female stalker. TM states on his FB page that he especially likes to shoot girls- even though all of them are adult women.

I’ll keep digging as usual and I don’t think one reputation will be tarnished or destroyed by this thread or by my investigative “work”. 

More te to come!

• Downvote 1

I'm not sure about 'all' of this story, if he's in Europe? he's easy to find, arrest and charge. Especially if this started 7 years ago.  

Why even publish this??

Horrible Story.  Go Lia!  Never let the assholes get you down!

Now- let's please out this guy to avoid the innocent from being speculated about.  If there's real evidence and a police report then it's not slander.  Right?

Handsome guy there. I do t know how it autocorrected to creepy.

I have to get moving today but I want this to get somewhere for the sake of justice. 

Maybe it Christophe L or Christophe  F.

I know people that have been seriously hurt by stalkers and would love for her to just put it out there. 

1 hour ago, chuso007 said:

You can out that one, he's already been sentenced.

Who was this?

1 hour ago, mad said:

I'm not sure about 'all' of this story, if he's in Europe? he's easy to find, arrest and charge. Especially if this started 7 years ago.  

Why even publish this??

I'm not so sure about this. 

I'm based in Europe (Ireland) and even if someone goes to another EU country it can be difficult to charge them of a crime committed in another jurisdiction. 

The scum of Ireland have a long tradition of hopping on a ferry to the UK to dodge crimes here and vice versa.

14 minutes ago, Icedtea said:

I'm not so sure about this. 

I'm based in Europe (Ireland) and even if someone goes to another EU country it can be difficult to charge them of a crime committed in another jurisdiction. 

The scum of Ireland have a long tradition of hopping on a ferry to the UK to dodge crimes here and vice versa.

Fair enough, but as the guy is supposedly well known, it can't be that difficult to find him.  Unlike the criminal fraternity that can go to ground and be reasonably quiet if they're sensible. 

Maybe she's thinking that if she discloses who it is more harm may come her way. Just my 2 cents worth. But yes, people like this need to be found out and put away in a very dark place. Sheesh....... It's a sad state of affairs. 

Anyone know how to find the interview with Lia about sailing through a hurricane in Moxie? I think it was on youtube, but I can't find it. As I remember it was a pretty long interview and I never had the time to watch it. Now I'm snowed in and have the flu, so I'd really appreciate it if someone knows where it is.   I vote no on the witch hunt.

4 hours ago, Icedtea said:

Who was this?

Philippe Plisson, "pecheur" in more than one way?

32 minutes ago, PeterHuston said:

Lia has a FB post where she says she named the guy in the article, but Scot didn't want to post the name.

https://www.facebook.com/rowliarow/

Methinks he won't want the name posted in the forums either.

Capture1.PNG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Russell Brown said:

Anyone know how to find the interview with Lia about sailing through a hurricane in Moxie? I think it was on youtube, but I can't find it. As I remember it was a pretty long interview and I never had the time to watch it. Now I'm snowed in and have the flu, so I'd really appreciate it if someone knows where it is.   I vote no on the witch hunt.

http://dicknewickboats.com/moxie/

moxietrip046.jpg

moxietrip1.jpg

moxietrip058.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, chuso007 said:

only the French ones...

• Like 2

I’d ask Lia if it is a witch hunt. There is usually an innocent person that is the on the receiving end of the hunt.

2 hours ago, PeterHuston said:

Lia has a FB post where she says she named the guy in the article, but Scot didn't want to post the name.

Throwing out the accusation whilst aiming it at a variety of possible people is bullshit, and just puts a those people under potential suspicion...... and why wait this long before coming out about it? 

Think there maybe more to this saga than has been explained so far and I’d like to hear the other side of the story and some proof before seeing any judgement being made. 

This situation can also be even more damaging to the accused if it’s not proven, their life is ruined for ever as well, especially when the jury is the public and there appears to be little proof. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PeterHuston said:

Why didn't she just post the name on Facebook?  I can see Scot's point about the front page.  He's a publisher like a newspaper.  Once she posts it on facebook it's news and discussing it here isn't a legal issue. 

Websites aren't responsible for forums posts in the US.  Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act provides “Internet service providers” with immunity from defamation claims based on statements made by members of a forum. The term “Internet service providers” includes forums. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mad said:

Throwing out the accusation whilst aiming it at a variety of possible people is bullshit, and just puts a those people under potential suspicion...... and why wait this long before coming out about it? 

Think there maybe more to this saga than has been explained so far and I’d like to hear the other side of the story and some proof before seeing any judgement being made. 

This situation can also be even more damaging to the accused if it’s not proven, their life is ruined for ever as well, especially when the jury is the public and there appears to be little proof. 

well he did run away  rather than post up and defend himself..

14 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

well he did run away  rather than post up and defend himself..

Is he even aware of this? Not everybody has Facebook or assiduously follows social media. 

Apart from it being linked to in the Forums and discussed, I’d never of heard about it. I don’t read the FP or have Facebook. 

• Like 1

Hey, I'm just glad this article wasn't yet another example of a publisher using his own private media platform to air his latest train wreck.

You know what I'm sayin'?

I’ll check it out on FB. She said it’s in a video she posted in a talk about the subject.

Lia, if you posted on Sailing Anarchy, post it on Facebook and be done with it.

You can't seriously criticise the Editor for not naming a name after the trouble he had with that east coast (USA) race boat owner can you?

I do agree that not naming unfairly places others under suspicion. I have driven some of the best and none of them strike me of even capable of such a thought as stalking. 

Sadly there are all types in the world and being in one profession or another doesn't preclude the weirdos.

I wondered why Lia had 'disappeared' from the scene, I always admired her and compared her to my own daughter (also a keen and capable sailor with 5 'worlds' under her belt)  and that brings this sort of story rather closer to home than I am comfortable with.

The man ( I assume it is a man) deserves all the flak and dis' he gets

• Like 1

Dont think anyone is criticising the ED, there’s no way he can name the accused, because that’s all he is. 

The accuser needs to either show proof and say it or STFU. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mad said:

Dont think anyone is criticising the ED, there’s no way he can name the accused, because that’s all he is. 

The accuser needs to either show proof and say it or STFU. 

You ever been stalked?

If not, then it is you who needs to shut the fuck up.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, sunseeker said:

You ever been stalked?

That’s not the what I’m saying, all we have here is a partial accusation, nothing else. 

There have a been a few very well publicised cases in the UK where these accusations have been laid and found to be false, completely ruining the life of the innocently accused as they have been trialled by public long before the case has been thrown out. 

Lets see some evidence and the case for the defence before publicly firing of accusations. 

11 minutes ago, sunseeker said:

You ever been stalked?

You ever wait to hear both sides of a story before passing judgement?  I agree with mad.  Too much lynch mob in this group.  

1 hour ago, Cal20sailor said:

You ever wait to hear both sides of a story before passing judgement?  I agree with mad.  Too much lynch mob in this group.  

Some people have earned to right to get the benefit of the doubt. Lia is one who has.

7 minutes ago, sunseeker said:

Some people have earned to right to get the benefit of the doubt. Lia is one who has.

And if I was a friend of hers and knew this was going on, that photographer would have his biggest lens shoved up his ass.  I do not know her other then by her sailing accomplishments.  I just don't accept things on blind faith from people who I do not personally know and have some history with.  I am not saying it's not all true in which case, I'll bring the rope, I just can't reach that conclusion based on one side of the story.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, sunseeker said:

So has the accused until there is definitive proof. And exactly how has she or anyone else ever earned the right to benefit of doubt?? 

On FB she says she names the accused in a speech she recently gave. If you sign up for a $5 Believer Patreon account for 3 months you can watch the video. 

Nothing personal, I just don’t subscribe to something just to find out whodunnit. 

If she named the person and they are not pursuing slander or libel claims against her then the accusations may be valid. I don’t think this is a case of a nut job inventing facts for attention or to destroy a career like Dr. Bless Ford did to the Supeme Court  nominee.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Sail4beer said:

On FB she says she names the accused in a speech she recently gave. If you sign up for a $5 Believer Patreon account for 3 months you can watch the video. 

Nothing personal, I just don’t subscribe to something just to find out whodunnit. 

If she named the person and they are not pursuing slander or libel claims against her then the accusations may be valid. I don’t think this is a case of a nut job inventing facts for attention or to destroy a career like Dr. Bless Ford did to the Supeme Court  nominee.

Please tell me this ain’t true. Are you saying the name of the accused can only be accessed behind a “pay the accuser” site. That does not prove or disprove anything but wow what a bad look if it’s that. 

1 hour ago, Sail4beer said:

I don’t think this is a case of a nut job inventing facts for attention or to destroy a career like Dr. Bless Ford did to the Supeme Court  nominee.

Did you know there is an entire forum to post shit like this?   And it's the Supreme.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Wess said:

Please tell me this ain’t true. Are you saying the name of the accused can only be accessed behind a “pay the accuser” site. That does not prove or disprove anything but wow what a bad look if it’s that. 

Exactly, click bait funding drive. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, d'ranger said:

Did you know there is an entire forum to post shit like this?   And it's the Supreme.

I don’t post in PA. It was for reference only, not political instigation. 

And thank you for the correction on my spelling. Autocorrect is a bitch and when it lets me down I look terrible:D

And Wess, yes it seems like pay for information. I remember Huggy Bear from Starsky and Hutch making his money that way.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

And thank you for the correction on my spelling. Autocorrect is a bitch and when it lets me down I look terrible:D

And Wess, yes it seems like pay for information. I remember Huggy Bear from Starsky and Hutch making his money that way.

Lets remember she put the guys name in the article and Scot took it out. So no attempt to generate click bait funding. Probably more like she’s off doing her thing and not checking in with this place. Can’t say I blame her either. 

• Like 3

Thank you, Peter.

There it is and I wish her luck

6 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

Well, it IS called anarchy. ;)

• Like 1

Rowing across the Pacific seems a pretty extreme way to lose a stalker.

After the police proved ineffectual I would have thought it easier for her to simply get a couple of large male friends to hang a beating or two on him.

It would be simpler and debatably more effective.

• Like 2

AN OPEN LETTER TO MY STALKER

Dear Christophe Launay,

I am speaking out about being stalked by you, because after 7 years I refuse to live in fear anymore.

This isn’t revenge.

I wish you no harm.

I write this today to set myself free of the shame, that I am the one you stalked; to fill in the missing years of the story of my life and to unweight myself of the secret of what you did.

My struggle to write, to blog, to communicate with anyone I can’t verify as not you continues, 3 years after you [for the most part] have left me alone.

When you contacted me in December last year, my immune system crashed. I became ill. That is the extent of the trauma you caused, that I am working to absolve.

In training to row the Pacific, I have battled not only with the ocean, but with fear and self-doubt. I have come to realise that being stalked by you – past present or future – is a stumbling block, a rock I am kicking down the road.

I am rebuilding my life. I am going to row the Pacific alone and unsupported and there is no room onboard for a rock to sink the boat.

I wish you wellness and prosperity.

Sincerely,

Lia

Wow!

58 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Rowing across the Pacific seems a pretty extreme way to lose a stalker.

After the police proved ineffectual I would have thought it easier for her to simply get a couple of large male friends to hang a beating or two on him.

It would be simpler and debatably more effective.

Yup!!  I knew guys that instead of evicting a Tenant, they would throw all of their shit outside, when they were at work, and change the locks.  I never had the balls to try that, the laws are very much against the Landlord in those situations.  It's illegal for me to enter my own properties, without the Tenants prior permission.

1 hour ago, sunseeker said:

Lets remember she put the guys name in the article and Scot took it out. So no attempt to generate click bait funding. Probably more like she’s off doing her thing and not checking in with this place. Can’t say I blame her either. 

So either she send a link etc to the Ed, or he picked it up on social media and put it on the front page. Scott being sensible in either situation chose not to include the name of the accused, as that is all it at present.  The video clip is hidden behind a sign up and pay for view site, any idea why? 

As you say, she may well be off and away doing other things, without any internet access or checking in to see. Which may be exactly the same for the accused. People filter their time for emails, Twitter, Instagram etc,etc or just never go there. 

Either way, the accused deserves his time to look at and refute or admit the accusations before trial by public. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, knot him said:

AN OPEN LETTER TO MY STALKER

Dear Christophe Launay,

I am speaking out about being stalked by you, because after 7 years I refuse to live in fear anymore.

This isn’t revenge.

I wish you no harm.

I write this today to set myself free of the shame, that I am the one you stalked; to fill in the missing years of the story of my life and to unweight myself of the secret of what you did.

My struggle to write, to blog, to communicate with anyone I can’t verify as not you continues, 3 years after you [for the most part] have left me alone.

When you contacted me in December last year, my immune system crashed. I became ill. That is the extent of the trauma you caused, that I am working to absolve.

In training to row the Pacific, I have battled not only with the ocean, but with fear and self-doubt. I have come to realise that being stalked by you – past present or future – is a stumbling block, a rock I am kicking down the road.

I am rebuilding my life. I am going to row the Pacific alone and unsupported and there is no room onboard for a rock to sink the boat.

I wish you wellness and prosperity.

Sincerely,

Lia

Well if this is the case? Yet to be disputed. 

He deserves a very special little place in an asylum hell whilst he has some treatment for his issues. 

Though I still suspect there is more to this than seen so far...... a shame it had to come out in a very public way in a specific sailing forum and not be sorted out years ago. 

2 minutes ago, mad said:

Well if this is the case? Yet to disputed, he deserves a very special little place in an asylum hell whilst he has some treatment for his issues. 

Though I still suspect there is more to this than seen so far...... a shame it had to come out in a very public way in a specific sailing forum and not be sorted out years ago. 

I'm with you.  There's something to all of this that I don't think has been exposed.  Even so, everyone should have the ability to tell someone to leave them alone, and, be left alone.  I wish Lia the best in her next adventure.

Yes, there is something to this, I can see and smell it:

Be a Believer.

become_a_patron_button.png

(You can click on it if you want to become a believer)

48 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Yup!!  I knew guys that instead of evicting a Tenant, they would throw all of their shit outside, when they were at work, and change the locks.  I never had the balls to try that, the laws are very much against the Landlord in those situations.  It's illegal for me to enter my own properties, without the Tenants prior permission.

Check your PM. 

This keeps turning my stomach!  Lia is an incredible person who deserves our full support.  Full stop.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

One landlord I knew, who was a real asshole (may he burn in hell), would go to the apartment of the overdue renter and remove the front door.

Re: the posters saying "Two sides to every story", there is possibly some truth there (although in this case I doubt it)

All of you should look up Rachel Marsden - quite a perspective on always believing the woman.

https://thetyee.ca/Mediacheck/2007/04/05/RMarsden/

The story doesn't mention it but she later got into similar problems in NYC IIRC.

Real Fatal Attraction stuff.

Note she is trying to become the next Coulter.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

I enjoy your posts but it was political especially in light of your giving one woman the benefit of the doubt while condemning another.  It's ironic at the least. If you want to say anything else do it in PA, I promise not to eat you. :D

• Like 3

I’ll keep my big mouth open! I just don’t want to set myself up in PA for a digital asskicking

• Like 1

Did none of you question her blaming all physical issues through stress driven by no longer being an Olympic sailor.  

Do none of you see the desperation of her message to the guy in question?

Fund raiser to follow!  

You are a bunch of victims.  No proof.  They could be working together.  What happened to critical thought, UK, lord knows it's been extinct for a while.  

Lia Dutton could have rid herself of a stalker with a Stat or Finn friend.  You are all being played.

Someone tell me how this makes sense .  Scooter got played and doesn't know it.  

Where's the corroborating evidence, family and friends?  I could be wrong but this whole thing seems staged.  i

And one of the funniest lines was getting six texts a day, seriously?

• Like 1
  • Downvote 3

Any chance there’s some money or equipment loans etc involved in this as well? 

3 hours ago, billy backstay said:

And people continue to ask me why I don't rent my 2nd property.

It's going on the market for sale within a month or so.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mad said:

The video clip is hidden behind a sign up and pay for view site, any idea why?

Have you ever tried to externally fund a large project? The short of it is: you scramble for every penny you can get.

That is the "why" and it doesn't mean I agree with that tactic.

17 minutes ago, Somebody Else said:

Have you ever tried to externally fund a large project? The short of it is: you scramble for every penny you can get.

That is the "why" and it doesn't mean I agree with that tactic.

If you have to stoop that low to fill the financial coffers , you probably have something wrong with your funding model. 

• Like 1

For anyone who has never been stalked, rethink your position if you think someone would make up a story like Lia's. 
The emotions and fear she described are visceral.
The trauma associated with being stalked last for years.
The shame runs so deep, One cannot bare to expose it, let alone deal with it. Each of us hopes the police will help, and they typically can not. It is such a sneaky thing that the punk criminal leaves no evidence. 

Life is never the same.
How do I know?
I was stalked, ALL my belongings destroyed, and I fled the island I loved living on.
The only way to move forward for someone who's been stalked is to bring it to the public (friends, family, acquaintances) in hopes they back you up and help protect you. This includes flicking the perpetrator "off the island" so to speak. 
Male allies are what are needed here. 

Lia, may your journey pick up steam in the courage, support, and resolution departments. Some of us here will have your back.

An aside:
The term "witch hunt" is not to be used when talking about a (accused or actual) male criminal. 

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, hellion said:

For anyone who has never been stalked, rethink your position if you think someone would make up a story like Lia's. 
The shame runs so deep, One cannot bare to expose it, let alone deal with it. Each of us hopes the police will help, and they typically can not. It is such a sneaky thing that the punk criminal leaves no evidence. 

Life is never the same.
How do I know?
I was stalked, ALL my belongings destroyed, and I fled the island I loved living on.
The only way to move forward for someone who's been stalked is to bring it to the public (friends, family, acquaintances) in hopes they back you up and help protect you. This includes flicking the perpetrator "off the island" so to speak. 

Lia, may your journey pick up steam in the courage, support, and resolution departments. Some of us here will have your back.

An aside:
The term "witch hunt" is not to be used when talking about a (accused or actual) male criminal. 

So is it acceptable if it’s an accused or actual female criminal? 

I’m truly sorry to hear of your past situation and it’s great to see you back posting. However, it does cut both ways and men are almost always assumed guilty as opposed to women, who are not. 

It’s the unproven that make male allies have second doubts about getting in the firing line, it can backfire badly. 

2 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

Did none of you question her blaming all physical issues through stress driven by no longer being an Olympic sailor.  

Do none of you see the desperation of her message to the guy in question?

Fund raiser to follow!  

You are a bunch of victims.  No proof.  They could be working together.  What happened to critical thought, UK, lord knows it's been extinct for a while.  

Lia Dutton could have rid herself of a stalker with a Stat or Finn friend.  You are all being played.

Someone tell me how this makes sense .  Scooter got played and doesn't know it.  

Where's the corroborating evidence, family and friends?  I could be wrong but this whole thing seems staged.  i

And one of the funniest lines was getting six texts a day, seriously?

Complete fuckwit status achieved. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, hellion said:

Life is never the same.
How do I know?

An aside:

Best to you

GR

6 hours ago, Ishmael said:

One landlord I knew, who was a real asshole (may he burn in hell), would go to the apartment of the overdue renter and remove the front door.

That's just stoned or stupid!  Why risk more vandalism of you property??