Editor

sailor chick of the decade

4 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

I get that a lot.  Let the story play out and apologize.

I don't think you're an asshole Cal. ;)

1 hour ago, monsoon said:

I hesitated in responding, but you're a pathetic asshole.

Is that the best you can do to describe your point of view? 

59105173.jpg.16be4bc4f1e5f53ee49f33b840e135d4.jpg

16 hours ago, mad said:

So is it acceptable if it’s an accused or actual female criminal? 

I’m truly sorry to hear of your past situation and it’s great to see you back posting. However, it does cut both ways and men are almost always assumed guilty as opposed to women, who are not. 

It’s the unproven that make male allies have second doubts about getting in the firing line, it can backfire badly. 

Hi Mad,

The question on the term witch hunt would need a more historic explanation than I'm about to give here, however here's a short version. Millions of women were tortured and murdered because they were independent or heretics or artists or other beautiful things. Outspoken women are still finding them/ourselves having to be careful. And so, for anyone to use that term in modern times is inappropriate, actually. 

As for men being accused without reason. Of course shit like that happens, albeit rarely. In the case of a stalker, it is practically impossible to have evidence. There was no camera anywhere to catch the psychopath that kept showing up and destroying my things; this includes my beloved motorcycle that he eventually melted. 

I also know men that have been stalked by women. This goes both ways.

i hear you and others here on being cautious of false accusations, however please be careful not to revictimize is the victim. It takes fucking courage to speak out especially when the perpetrator is liked and popular. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, hasher said:

So I was stalked in college.  She found me good looking.  I stayed up all night with her.  She's a genius.  And then she stalked me for years.

Yeah, hasher, it of course happens to men. And worse. I'm sorry you had to go through this madness. 

2 minutes ago, hellion said:

Yeah, hasher, it of course happens to men. And worse. I'm sorry you had to go through this madness. 

I was flattered. But yes it was less than happy.

2 hours ago, hellion said:

Getting grabbed by the crotch and threatened with a blow job,  by the same drunk woman on various different nights before the door staff finally barred her wasn’t much fun.......the door staff thought it was funny at the start, until she did it to one of them. 

threatened with a blow job?

2 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

threatened with a blow job?

Yes and believe me, it was a threat, you wouldn’t want to have any physical contact with that one. 

I've sort of been there. I was standing out front of the downtown office where I worked having a smoke at 03:00 one morning when this scabrous crack whore stopped and asked for a smoke. I told her I only had the one with me so she asked "How about a blow job for $5?"

Eeeewwww - not even if you paid ME.

Funny how in sad situations some always feel the need to stand up for the guy regardless. What do you think the ratio of dangerous level stalkers is? I'm guessing at least 100 to 1.

She puts it out there after giving up on the normal channels but Scooter can't publish. For a short time the only interview where she names him is behind a paywall. Straight away she releases an open letter to him.

Some see conspiracy, some jump to defend the mans rights and one sick cunt suggests it's all a scam!

What I see is a very strong brave woman facing off her stalker in public. The ball is now firmly in his court.

Go girl.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, paps49 said:

Funny how in sad situations some always feel the need to stand up for the guy regardless. What do you think the ratio of dangerous level stalkers is? I'm guessing at least 100 to 1.

She puts it out there after giving up on the normal channels but Scooter can't publish. For a short time the only interview where she names him is behind a paywall. Straight away she releases an open letter to him.

Some see conspiracy, some jump to defend the mans rights and one sick cunt suggests it's all a scam!

What I see is a very strong brave woman facing off her stalker in public. The ball is now firmly in his court.

Go girl.

Paps, roll over and say that eye-to-eye!

15 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

I don't think you're an asshole Cal. ;)

You don't know me. :rolleyes:

Paps, I have respect for Sloop, you?  Not so much.

You are just another in here who thinks they can disguise hateful by dressing it up as anarchy. Add a splash of humour and some witty one liners and your a forum hero.

It's like the other day, I disagreed with a dudes post on a friends FB  page. It was a subject I had first hand experience of.

His first response was "have we met?" followed by "Forget it I just checked your profile, cunt".

Anarchy is about lots of random ideas not it's my idea and damn you if you disagree.

• Like 3

And why do they always have things like Screw, Tits, Arse or Bonking in their interests list?

And just in case, Papsmear and Cuntwipe have already been tagged by your predecessors.
Come up with something new if that's possible.

2 hours ago, paps49 said:

Go girl.

Are you saying the accused has no rights to the presumption of innocence or to defend himself? 

On 2/9/2019 at 9:28 PM, Ishmael said:

One landlord I knew, who was a real asshole (may he burn in hell), would go to the apartment of the overdue renter and remove the front door.

I did a lot of work for my landlord years ago.  One morning he called me to help him with a tenant that was several months behind in his rent.  We went to the place with several sheets of 4'x8' 3/4" plywood.  It was about 8 a.m.  We proceeded to nail sheets of plywood over the windows and after about 2 windows, the tenant came to the door all sleepy and asked WTF we were doing.  My landlord told the tenant he had 2 hours to pay the past due rent or get boarded into the place.  We went to a restaurant nearby to have some breakfast.  The tenant's father called shortly, he was a lawyer.  He went on about eviction laws, etc.  My landlord never did get his money but he finally got rid of the tenant.  It was fun boarding the place up anyway.

My son has a couple of properties.  He can be a little difficult, but that is way over the top.

I’m going to email him and see what he says. That will put the ball in his court. 

CE50C877-60EB-448F-80DC-D1A416A81CA3.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

I’m going to email him and see what he says. That will put the ball in his court. 

Good idea. Strange the silence from him.

4 minutes ago, Icedtea said:
11 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

Good idea. Strange the silence from him.

He may not even be aware of the goings on here, but a good sized proportion of SA already have the pitchforks out for him. 

1 minute ago, mad said:

He may not even be aware of the goings on here, but a good sized proportion of SA already have the pitchforks out for him. 

He'll be aware, sailing's a small game.

Ball’s in his court now. 

Or at least his inbox

85CBBAE6-02DD-4AFD-87E2-701D6CDB5BCC.jpeg

72AD2BC8-6FB9-4457-BD39-BBDC340A36E2.jpeg

75473FD6-90DD-4749-8E90-61CF70B16629.jpeg

• Like 1

Being publically accused of a crime one did not commit could lead a person to jump off a bridge. Once the information is out there, defending yourself, clearing your name, fighting suspicion and tolerating disdain is a horrible predicament.
People with little information can form strong opinions and take unwarranted retaliatory action from expulsion from the clan to spreading the false word. 

So please miss Ditton when you are saying " The stalker went on the list as WANTED in the UK, but he was on a train back to France before they could grab him. He was no fool. " You must provide proof , will you be able to provide proof? 

It is widely known that people with certain kinds of pathology are brilliant at looking like victims when they are actually perpetrators. They can ruin the life of an innocent person.
They will often take what you say and do and twist it around so that what you said and did becomes barely recognizable to you. 
Manipulative people will attempt to confuse you, maybe even making you feel as if you’re crazy. They distort the truth, and may resort to lying if it serves their end. 
 Manipulative people do not understand the concept of boundaries. They are relentless in the pursuit of what they want and have little regard for who gets hurt along the way, a manipulator avoids responsibilities for his own conduct by blaming others for causing it.
There is something to this,

Long long time ago i still remember in this forum you didn't have a good reputation, can a bad reputation be good for your business? Doesn't look like you are having a bad life: safety officer for a rowing race from California to Hawaii , marathon des sables, boat captain, your rowing project, not too bad for a girl with a deep dark depression.

• Like 2

The original post was from the Editor, not Lia, so she’s not obliged to respond here concerning the charges filed. There may also be a date that the charges expired (8 years on) and he now travels to the UK without impedance. 

Maybe Christophe will respond to me. Nothing like asking the accused directly! That’s one sure way to get an answer (or maybe not) and how I approach situations like this. 

As far as the manipulation stuff, a narcissist will do that and act like that for their own ends. They need victims to make their lives important and don’t want to lose them-just use them. A stalker is just a fucked up person with a vicarious desire to be with or to destroy someone. Either end is justified. 

There are two people involved and we’ve heard one side so far...I’ll be sure to post any response from Christophe.

2 hours ago, Icedtea said:

He'll be aware, sailing's a small game.

A bit ironic, really, SA as partner on his website.

http://www.sealaunay.com/partners.html

MEDIA PARTNERS AND LINKS

Christophe Launay is working on a regular basis with a network of freelancers and partners.
They are all driven by the same passion for the oceans.

zabriskie prod 

reporters du large 

Sailing Anarchy

sealaunay

BTW, sometime around 2010 when I was hanging out in Silicon Valley, I remember Lia Ditton doing the rounds at the school of my little cousin sister. I think it was after a failed attempt to row the Pacific, and after she was rescued a week or so into it. We had the impression that she was not quite "up to it", to say it nicely.

Also remember this rather nice picture of her, must be part of her conceptional art, from around that time.

7_I4WK5Xio6BXiaFRaWHxjl72eJkfbmt4t8yenImKBVvK0kTmF0xjctABnaLJIm9.jpeg.1ecbe1341dfb26b8995b809e7a004a3e.jpeg

Do not know who's copyright it is, probably Lia's, or may be a certain Frenchman...

As I said, seen it previously, but found it now on this blog:   https://www.scoop.it/t/cruisingyachts/p/1171073656/2012/02/10/lia-ditton-atlantic-rowing-race   (the link to http://www.liaartistsailor.com/gallery/atlantic-rowing-race/ is not working anymore)

This is really sad, and gives decent dudes a bad name.  Sorry for this to have happened.  There are so many stories of female athletes from all walks of the sports and outdoor world of this kind of disgusting and disturbing treatment of insecure male dominance control issued BS.  It is still a bit of a shock reading about it to well known athletes we grow close too from their accomplishments.  There are some choice words, phrases, etc. for A$$Hats like him!  Go Lia, and all the BEST!

2 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

The original post was from the Editor, not Lia, so she’s not obliged to respond here concerning the charges filed. There may also be a date that the charges expired (8 years on) and he now travels to the UK without impedance. 

Maybe Christophe will respond to me. Nothing like asking the accused directly! That’s one sure way to get an answer (or maybe not) and how I approach situations like this. 

As far as the manipulation stuff, a narcissist will do that and act like that for their own ends. They need victims to make their lives important and don’t want to lose them-just use them. A stalker is just a fucked up person with a vicarious desire to be with or to destroy someone. Either end is justified. 

There are two people involved and we’ve heard one side so far...I’ll be sure to post any response from Christophe.

Ed just copied and pasted her original it seems, unless the Ed changed any of the content. Neither party is obliged to say anything in public about this, although 1 party has obviously decided to. 

1 hour ago, Fiji Bitter said:

BTW, sometime around 2010 when I was hanging out in Silicon Valley, I remember Lia Ditton doing the rounds at the school of my little cousin sister. I think it was after a failed attempt to row the Pacific, and after she was rescued a week or so into it. We had the impression that she was not quite "up to it", to say it nicely.

Also remember this rather nice picture of her, must be part of her conceptional art, from around that time.

7_I4WK5Xio6BXiaFRaWHxjl72eJkfbmt4t8yenImKBVvK0kTmF0xjctABnaLJIm9.jpeg.1ecbe1341dfb26b8995b809e7a004a3e.jpeg

Do not know who's copyright it is, probably Lia's, or may be a certain Frenchman...

As I said, seen it previously, but found it now on this blog:   https://www.scoop.it/t/cruisingyachts/p/1171073656/2012/02/10/lia-ditton-atlantic-rowing-race   (the link to http://www.liaartistsailor.com/gallery/atlantic-rowing-race/ is not working anymore)

That picture, or versions of it have been splashed around the Internet on multiple sites, including this one.

The concept art thing ran out of appeal years ago, it’s been flogged to death. Not sure any of it had anything to with art, more just a way to package some fund raising and media attention. 

Dragging in the non attempt at trying out for a Volvo team is a odd, especially as there have been other campaigns she could have tried for after the SCA campaign. 

Christophe responded in a very articulate letter and described a period of time and circumstances which lead me believe his side of the story. As a person who would rather get into the fray than just accuse and disappear anonymously, I decided to confront the accuser with the information and get a response. It was worth it. I’m glad he took the time to respond to my request for an answer-he could have just hit trash after my subject line.

I can’t go into ANY of the details, however, and he has moved on quite nicely I might add. 

Any time Lia would like to come out and  try to explain her end again and with more clarity and proof of no wrong doing on her part, it would be an interesting read. 

Good luck to Christophe in his work and Cal20 and the others who held back in their judgement, good on you.

As much as I like to instigate a good shitfight, I like to be on the winning side, so I’m going with Christophe on this one!

Lia can take a few months of rowing to try to figure out how this one will end for her. I won’t know because I’m not subscribing to her Patreon account.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

Christophe responded in a very articulate letter and described a period of time and circumstances which lead me believe his side of the story. As a person who would rather get into the fray than just accuse and disappear anonymously, I decided to confront the accuser with the information and get a response. It was worth it. I’m glad he took the time to respond to my accusation and request for an answer-he could have just hit thrash after my subject line.

I can’t go into ANY of the details, however, and he has moved on quite nicely I might add. 

Any time Lia would like to come out and  try to explain her end again and with more clarity and proof of no wrong doing on her part, it would be an interesting read. 

Good luck to Christophe in his work and Cal20 and the others who held back in their judgement, good on you.

As much as I like to instigate a good shitfight, I like to be on the winning side, so I’m going with Christophe on this one!

Well I hope that he decides to refute this in public at some stage. Though he may well have decided to just move on from whatever occurred and not lower the situation to a public shit slinging match. 

As has been mentioned, There is obviously another side to this story...

Yeah yeah... thrilling picture.

It's all about chafe and saltwater boils. In her most recent posts she mentions having custom rash guards made with no seams where her rowing arms move. You know it's serious when she goes to the lengths of having custom garments made.

Notice the heavily padded seat covered in lambs fleece. The companion photo shows her flopped down prone on her belly, butt up in the air. If you've had saltwater rash you know it can reach insanity levels. The cure is pretty simple but until you figure it out, it will drive you insane.

He’s well aware of this thread and is appreciative of the support he is receiving from those slow to judgement.

I'm not slow to judgement all the time, so I’m glad I contacted him about the facts and I hope he has a great life. 

Lia bares all for rowing challenge, 14th January 2010
https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/4851498.lia-bares-all-for-rowing-challenge/

Just one week into the Woodvale Atlantic Rowing Race, Lia Ditton and her teammate Mick Birchall have been forced to strip off to avoid sores caused by rowing for more than three hours at a time.

The pair each have to row up to 12 hours a day in the 2,500-mile race from the Canary Islands to Antigua which is expected to last around three months.

Sailor Lia, 29, who is in training for the Barcelona World Race later this year, said: “I’ve winced at the oars acutely aware of every muscle at the back of my legs and resorting to micropore tape inside gloves to pad out the blisters.

“The onset of chafe sores has been remarkable and already we’ve had to resort to bare bums on sheep skin.”

Lia Ditton: breaking boundaries in women’s rowing, 26/07/2017
WE TALK to writer and sailor Lia Ditton about some of her biggest adventures at sea and learn about her extraordinary rowing challenge planned for 2018.
https://limitlesspursuits.com/water/sailing/lia-ditton-breaking-boundaries-in-womens-rowing/

RowingEdited3002-%C3%82%C2%A9-Lia-Ditton

6 minutes ago, Somebody Else said:

Yeah yeah... thrilling picture.

It's all about chafe and saltwater boils. In her most recent posts she mentions having custom rash guards made with no seams where her rowing arms move. You know it's serious when she goes to the lengths of having custom garments made.

Notice the heavily padded seat covered in lambs fleece. The companion photo shows her flopped down prone on her belly, butt up in the air. If you've had saltwater rash you know it can reach insanity levels. The cure is pretty simple but until you figure it out, it will drive you insane.

I very much doubt that she’s the only rower to suffer from this or source a solution. 

12 hours ago, mad said:

Are you saying the accused has no rights to the presumption of innocence or to defend himself? 

Of course he does but does he need a fan club to help him do that?

2 minutes ago, paps49 said:

Of course he does but does he need a fan club to help him do that?

No, does he have one? A few here have merely mentioned that others here see this as trial by public and only one side of the story has been heard. 

34 minutes ago, mad said:

No, does he have one? A few here have merely mentioned that others here see this as trial by public and only one side of the story has been heard. 

Sometimes it's hard to tell Mad. There has been some pretty disgusting crap thrown at Lia in this thread and that's SOP for that crowd.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, paps49 said:

Sometimes it's hard to tell Mad. There has been some pretty disgusting crap thrown at Lia in this thread and that's SOP for that crowd.

What specifically do you find offensive aimed towards the accuser?  

Any thoughts on the similarities of the way the accused has also had crap thrown at him? 

On 2/8/2019 at 2:22 AM, sunseeker said:

this Guy needs to swim with the fishes 

For example. 

I think it’s pretty foolish to judge either one at this point. All we have is the accuser’s story and one poster’s opinion based on the accused’s email. Neither of which have much in the way of any proof. 

Regardless, SA forums are hardly the place to sort this out. Things like this have very real effects on people’s lives and should be dealt with in the court system. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, mad said:

What specifically do you find offensive aimed towards the accuser?  

Any thoughts on the similarities of the way the accused has also had crap thrown at him? 

These are less than savory.

On 2/10/2019 at 9:45 AM, Cal20sailor said:

Did none of you question her blaming all physical issues through stress driven by no longer being an Olympic sailor.  

Do none of you see the desperation of her message to the guy in question?

Fund raiser to follow!  

You are a bunch of victims.  No proof.  They could be working together.  What happened to critical thought, UK, lord knows it's been extinct for a while.  

Lia Dutton could have rid herself of a stalker with a Stat or Finn friend.  You are all being played.

Someone tell me how this makes sense .  Scooter got played and doesn't know it.  

Where's the corroborating evidence, family and friends?  I could be wrong but this whole thing seems staged.  i

And one of the funniest lines was getting six texts a day, seriously?

On 2/10/2019 at 2:38 AM, mad said:

Exactly, click bait funding drive. 

On 2/10/2019 at 9:53 AM, mad said:

Any chance there’s some money or equipment loans etc involved in this as well? 

• Like 1

Don’t forget what I said about him if he’s guilty. You’re on a roll.

Hiding it behind a paywall is what exactly?

And there may well be some equipment or money involved? But as we only have one side of the story........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monkey said:

Regardless, SA forums are hardly the place to sort this out. Things like this have very real effects on people’s lives and should be dealt with in the court system by psychiatrists.

FIFU.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fiji Bitter said:

FIFU.

No, my comment was fine the way it was. 

I think it’s being overplayed here. There is no court to appear in. There are no lingering charges to be brought or resurrected. It was an odd interaction both ways between 2 adults years ago that should not have been put in the public eye. I don’t think he should be held accountable to the court of Anarchy if the authority to investigate and prosecute aren’t after him.

I think it’s time to kill this thread for lack of evidence or corroboration since someone’s reputation is on the line. I don’t  want my name tied to the destruction of a good man’s career.

Not even my SA Persona

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Monkey said:

No, my comment was fine the way it was. 

I knew, prisons in the US are chock-a-block indeed. Well done!

2 minutes ago, Fiji Bitter said:

I knew, prisons in the US are chock-a-block indeed. Well done!

I can’t even figure out what you’re trying to say. 

50 minutes ago, Monkey said:

I can’t even figure out what you’re trying to say. 

Never mind, we all know from AC anarchy that you are not too smart, carry on.

4 minutes ago, lullinthewind said:

Then why you don’t clarify what he was trying to say?  It’d be much appreciated for us dumb folk. 

This may or may not be relevant to this discussion, but I have seen several folks suffer from crippling OCD at the end of a relationship, which could easily be construed as stalking in some cases, or believing you are stalked in others.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lullinthewind said:

I’d also like to know exactly what you’re basing that comment on. I was certainly wrong once, which I promptly admitted. I honestly can’t think of a single other time I’ve said anything wrong in that forum. Sure, I speculated like everyone else. I was right more than wrong, but always owned up when I was wrong. I was definitely wrong on the speculation of ETNZ’s hamsters. So please explain your brilliant analysis of my intelligence. 

15 minutes ago, Monkey said:

Then why you don’t clarify what he was trying to say?  It’d be much appreciated for us dumb folk. 

Well, I am sure Bitter means to say that it is better to treat psycho's, then that the courts and judges sent them to prison, probably without treatment other than drugs.

Big difference in mentality in that respect between USA and Europe, very generally speaking, mind you.

21 minutes ago, Monkey said:

I’d also like to know exactly what you’re basing that comment on. I was certainly wrong once, which I promptly admitted. I honestly can’t think of a single other time I’ve said anything wrong in that forum. Sure, I speculated like everyone else. I was right more than wrong, but always owned up when I was wrong. I was definitely wrong on the speculation of ETNZ’s hamsters. So please explain your brilliant analysis of my intelligence. 

That's why I try to avoid  AC Anarchy, way too much endless discussions. And I was just trolling you by the way, sorry about that, will not do that again!

Back to Lia & Chris,

Lull out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, olaf hart said:

This may or may not be relevant to this discussion, but I have seen several folks suffer from crippling OCD at the end of a relationship, which could easily be construed as stalking in some cases, or believing you are stalked in others.

Too right. Happened to me once, it took everything I had to not do a bunch of really stupid shit that would have probably cost me my job and a bunch of other stuff.  Love sucks.  Hope whatever happened here ends up ok for both of them.  If someone acted like a complete douche, there are ways to make up for that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mad said:

Don’t forget what I said about him if he’s guilty. You’re on a roll.

Hiding it behind a paywall is what exactly?

And there may well be some equipment or money involved? But as we only have one side of the story........

Mad I simply posted what you requested.

I don't believe it was "hidden" behind a paywall its just when his name was removed from her post to scooter temporarily that was the only place it was available. This was quickly rectified by her open letter. To equate that with a money grab is a long bow indeed.

We do only have one side as he isn't talking so as I said the ball is in his court.

On 2/10/2019 at 9:15 AM, Cal20sailor said:

And one of the funniest lines was getting six texts a day, seriously?

You've clearly never been stalked...I have...a prank call a week to your wife is enough, a couple of death threats over a few months is enough, I won't go on...pull your head in fool, it may or may not be true, but that's no reason to attack the accuser. What kind of person would blatantly attack or belittle an accuser?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ncik said:

You've clearly never been stalked...I have...a prank call a week to your wife is enough, a couple of death threats over a few months is enough, I won't go on...p

Wowww, what  kind of places do you hang out at and meet people?

I do not know anyone that has had a stalker.

11 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

Christophe responded in a very articulate letter and described a period of time and circumstances which lead me believe his side of the story. As a person who would rather get into the fray than just accuse and disappear anonymously, I decided to confront the accuser with the information and get a response. It was worth it. I’m glad he took the time to respond to my request for an answer-he could have just hit trash after my subject line.

Lia can take a few months of rowing to try to figure out how this one will end for her. I won’t know because I’m not subscribing to her Patreon account.

Hey, fuck you with your reasoned approach to this thread. Look at the top of the fucking page and what does it say? Anarchy  Get help. please 

• Like 1

On 2/10/2019 at 1:51 PM, SloopJonB said:

I've sort of been there. I was standing out front of the downtown office where I worked having a smoke at 03:00 one morning when this scabrous crack whore stopped and asked for a smoke. I told her I only had the one with me so she asked "How about a blow job for $5?"

Eeeewwww - not even if you paid ME.

Yea why would you waste $5 when the little blue pills stopped working for you a long long long long time ago. 

I don't care what anyone says, I think you have a bright future in comedy.

In fact you should quit your day job and go for it.

55 minutes ago, VWAP said:

Probably because you've never had a relationship with anyone but your right hand.

1 minute ago, SloopJonB said:

Probably because you've never had a relationship with anyone but your right hand.

You are wrong yet again

2 hours ago, VWAP said:

At home...it was a neighbour...there was evidence, she (50+) was arrested and admitted it...months and months of torture...the whole shebang...I was equally worried that I'd crack and do something illegal to her as she would actually following through with her threats...crazy people do crazy things...

I don't doubt that there is a trail of emails and text messages (to Lia, if that evidence still exists, file it away carefully, just in-case) that could be damning evidence in court against this guy. But as in our case, is it worth it. Stalkers usually get a slap on the wrist and a restraining order.

• Like 1

Thank you to the people who have shared their hurt here. Stalkers are just another example of human dominance over another for their own jigglies.

Lia has challenged her tormentor publicly, let him respond.

It may turn out to be his, hers or our fault but never the less it's better out.

I freely admit the web creates dangers in this department.

Gossip girls, that is what you are....     Some of you relly should question your self.   At a hair saloon you don't hear that much bullshit and gossip. 

Sail4beer wanker par excelence!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, paps49 said:

Thank you to the people who have shared their hurt here. Stalkers are just another example of human dominance over another for their own jigglies.

Lia has challenged her tormentor publicly, let him respond.

It may turn out to be his, hers or our fault but never the less it's better out.

If its her fault? fine. She did after all decide to go public

If its his fault? fine. He deserves everything he gets from a court of law.

If its our fault? fine. We chose to discuss it.

If however its not his fault? he has had his name needlessly dragged through the mud. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M26 said:

At a hair saloon

Actually, we subpoenaed the whole shop to the grand jury.  They professed to know more than detectives.  They suddenly stopped talking about "what they knew". 

Nobody is getting a  subpoena, there are two sets of email threads and it’s both of their faults for playing a little game.

She isn’t innocent by any stretch and she has the “strength” to continue to assault on this poor guy through social media while he says nothing. His side of the story is one of more compassion and well wishes than she would like us to know. He lost more than a little reputation from this and if things had worked differently, she would be home being a responsible adult instead of rowing around the world. She made choices on her own, did what she wanted and left him in a lurch before this all unfolded the way she describes. 

And let’s remember, if it were you , you’d just like to move on and forget about it. 

I was pretty harsh and accusative in my email to him and he was polite, kind and bewildered at the continuation of a long dead saga.

I won’t bother contacting Lia. I think she’s damaged goods and she needs some mental health assistance.  Christophe knows my identity. I wouldn’t want Lia to know...

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

Thanks for that Sail, well done and well explained.

Don't want to say that "I knew", but I had a strong feeling that this was probably the case. All rather sad and pathetic really, but how many of us have not been in similar situations, where a broken love affair starts playing with your head?  Playing this out in public, and on the internet, makes it a very dangerous game though.

Wish them both well, and meanwhile will follow Lia's adventures and stories, even though they are sometimes hard to stomach. And will appreciate Christophe's pictures again...

• Like 1

Lia's public letter notwithstanding, this is nobody's business but their own.

I agree this thread needs to end so therefore am not posting here. If it appears that I am posting here it's because you are imagining things which is a principal activity here.  as Eva Dent

"I think it’s pretty foolish to judge either one at this point. All we have is the accuser’s story and one poster’s opinion based on the accused’s email."

Brit police allegedly issued an OP against the alleged stalker that was allegedly sent to a number of major event organizers including VOR and WMRT

allegedly there has been plenty of info out there for quite some time supporting the accuser's version of events. It's why you won't see his photos anywhere anymore outside france

Allegedly someone close to SA has seen dozens of creepy thirsty text messages sent by the alleged stalker to the alleged accuser within a few minutes while surrounded by media people

allegedly

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Brit police allegedly issued an OP against the alleged stalker that was allegedly sent to a number of major event organizers including VOR and WMRT

allegedly there has been plenty of info out there for quite some time supporting the accuser's version of events. It's why you won't see his photos anywhere anymore outside france

allegedly

but slag the woman if it makes you feel good about the world

I never once “slagged the woman.”  I actually blatantly avoided talking shit about either party due to lack of information. The info you just provided is new. 

• Like 1

Did the Brit police send an alleged notice to the sailing world? Don’t think so. Someone did though.

Allegedly plenty of info out there. Where? From whom and how vetted for truth? Anyone else try to talk to the accused and get his side of the story?

And when does it become slander or libel and defamation of character? You’re an attorney. I emailed the accused to get his side. He was never evasive or noncompliant with the Brit Police.

You must know Lia but I don’t think you have the other side of the story and don’t care. At least the parts she doesn’t want you or anyone else to know...you and a few saw some creepy texts. Did you dig deeper and investigate why this all occurred in the first place?

There is not one bit of “information” in his post, Monkey. Lia already wrote that she had the Police involved. How did their court day turn out? That would mean there was something more than a bunch of bullshit smears against the accused which has hurt him. 

I know people have been to court for bad behavior. The judge says to grow up and move on...

This sounds like one of those Hollywood Metoo movements infecting the Sailing World now. 

• Like 1

And Proa, you are a fucking troll stalker of mine. 

You are the only shithead to follow me around downvoting me for no good reason. You have no comment of your own because you are a google and paste only coward who bites my heels and ankles as I stand tall and offer to investigate and reply as I said I would on behalf of the accused. Maybe not my job, but I was a man enough to reach out to him. 

I erased the post I had written after the second downvote because I thought “Maybe I should just not interact negatively with Proa. I’ve had private conversations with people who know his problems and say to take it easy on him.”

And then you nip me again.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

And Proa, you are a fucking troll stalker of mine. 

You are the only shithead to follow me around downvoting me for no good reason. You have no comment of your own because you are a google and paste only coward who bites my heels and ankles as I stand tall and offer to investigate and reply as I said I would on behalf of the accused. Maybe not my job, but I was a man enough to reach out to him. 

I erased the post I had written after the second downvote because I thought “Maybe I should just not interact negatively with Proa. I’ve had private conversations with people who know his problems and say to take it easy on him.”

And then you nip me again.

Proa may or may not be an idiot but you are perhaps one of the most arrogant, ignorant, self-centered fools to ever post on the this site.

You have no clue as to the truth of what happened but yet run around spouting your bullshit and telling everyone what is right and wrong.

I laughed out loud when you posted you wouldn't want Lia to know who you are.  If you had even half a brain you wouldn't want anyone to know who you are.

If you had a brain even 1/10th the size of your fat mouth you would maybe have a chance of saying something intelligent on occasion.

You stand tall and your head still can't rise above the shit you spew you are such a sad little man (I use the term very loosely).

• Like 5

Take it easy. It’s Sailing Anarchy. VWAP is in charge of garage of the rules. 

Believe anything you like about the content of either side. I said I’d email him and report on his side of the story. 

And it’s not my bullshit. I asked the accused. If it’s bullshit, it’s his. I just believe him, that’s all. 

Also I give you an upvote for kicking my ass! Your first of hopefully many! 

Proa will give you one I’m sure, as soon as he downvotes this post;)

44 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

You must know Lia but I don’t think you have the other side of the story and don’t care. 

Your position is that the sailing community" (or public) should believe the accused's secret version of events told only via an email to an anonymous person (you) instead of believing the accusser who has attached her name to the  publicly made accusations.  Sounds like the book of mormon.  

• Like 3