Editor

sailor chick of the decade

24 minutes ago, VWAP said:

I cant't row in a straight line. I guess my left arm  is much stronger than my right for some reason.

Being right-handed, my right arm is stronger than my left. I am deliberately wanking left from time to time to counteract that phenomenon. YMMW, especially if you're a leftie... for some reason.   :)  

10 hours ago, Lia Ditton said:

On 2/13/2019 at 11:02 PM, madscotish said:

Ladyrover You are certainly free to psychoanalyse yourself. Are you fat, single, feminist and ugly? Kindly let us know Asia Argento 

Christophe, 

Tell Mr Hyde it's Scottish with two t's.

Looks like your other personalities are in here too. 

Yah,, clever cover....'nobody will guess if I'm 'scotish'   :lol:

Fucking twat.

If that's him it's black and white for me.

Edit. Just joined the other day, only activity is this thread slagging off Lia, you join the dots.....

16 minutes ago, paps49 said:

Fucking twat.

If that's him it's black and white for me.

Good chance they are both using the same compulsive weapons.

And if you think in black and white you must be fucking colour blind. This dreadful affair has all fucking colours of a rainbow in hell in it.

• Like 3

While I accept both of the above points of view and agree I am still suspicious.

Lia posts her accusations publicly. Blah blah be it via Scot, behind a paywall, whatever.

We all pile on for one side or the other. It gets a bit weird but no more than normal in this bar.

Sail volunteers to go to the source but comes back with embargoed information but a "nice" feeling about it.

I say first sock in is the duck.

Christophe if you are here just a few succinct paragraphs will do.

Paps. I’m not spilling any beans here because I think there is less to this story than we all need to care about. I contacted him and respect his desire to let it go like the Disney movie. You can contact him if you’d like. I did. I didn’t have to ask for permission from anyone.

I was also the one who contacted Jen  Appel and invited her here to tell her story. She came over.

I’m also the one that broke a few trolls here for the betterment of the zoo. 

If Lia wants to come here and accuse Christophe of hiding behind a sock, so be it. She initiated this by penning an open letter. If it’s not him, she looks like she’ll accuse Chris for anyone’s actions.

I don’t think her avatar looking all warrior princess with a broadsword makes her look like too legitimate of a victim to me, but then again, my avatar doesn’t make me look like myself either.

Madscotish has been around since 2014 and said the same thing about Lia  back then. I don’t think the Ed would allow CL on here as a sock right now. 

I still say, move on and let the thread die

0CFC6217-FBB0-4530-AAC9-1C893B03F51D.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

Sorry you didn’t like what I said Joa Osteroa, but thanks for the downvote anyway.

You are the troll that got away, but, I do appreciate your stalking me on a stalking thread!

Aren’t there any rules around here about that?! I’ll have to check. If there are, I’m going to be a complete pussbag and report you this time. 

Quit following me around and stay out of my “business”!

1AFB7601-1826-4D65-AB18-23E3521AFD4C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Sail4beer said:

my avatar doesn’t make me look like myself either.

That's not you?

The twins are disappointed 

• Like 1

DON’T INTERRUPT ME! 

I’m busy reporting Proa for being my Saturday stalker. I have to word it correctly for maximum impact.

Hope I get a timeout or warning myself.

5 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

I don’t think her avatar looking all warrior princess with a broadsword makes her look like too legitimate of a victim to me, but then again, my avatar doesn’t make me look like myself either.

What about this one?

6B8FC3DA-B1BD-46F0-844B-AF9A7B6AB52A.jpeg

16 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

Paps. I’m not spilling any beans here because I think there is less to this story than we all need to care about. I contacted him and respect his desire to let it go like the Disney movie. You can contact him if you’d like. I did. I didn’t have to ask for permission from anyone.

I was also the one who contacted Jen  Appel and invited her here to tell her story. She came over.

I’m also the one that broke a few trolls here for the betterment of the zoo. 

If Lia wants to come here and accuse Christophe of hiding behind a sock, so be it. She initiated this by penning an open letter. If it’s not him, she looks like she’ll accuse Chris for anyone’s actions.

Madscotish has been around since 2014 and said the same thing about Lia  back then. I don’t think the Ed would allow CL on here as a sock right now. 

I still say, move on and let the thread die

0CFC6217-FBB0-4530-AAC9-1C893B03F51D.jpeg

You slipped up Christophe and answered Paps in the first person.

You, madscotish and your other pseudonyms may have been trolling here since 2014, but some of your FB characters date back further to 2011. 

On 2/12/2019 at 7:46 AM, Fiji Bitter said:

Thanks for that Sail, well done and well explained.

Don't want to say that "I knew", but I had a strong feeling that this was probably the case. All rather sad and pathetic really, but how many of us have not been in similar situations, where a broken love affair starts playing with your head?  Playing this out in public, and on the internet, makes it a very dangerous game though.

Wish them both well, and meanwhile will follow Lia's adventures and stories, even though they are sometimes hard to stomach. And will appreciate Christophe's pictures again...

Wow Christophe. This is your third character in this forum thread. 

Sorry for you Lia, but you are completely fucked up, believe me.

Get help!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fiji Bitter said:

Sorry for you Lia, but you are completely fucked up, believe me.

Get help!

The delusions and paranoia are getting stronger. 

I’m just a guy from New Jersey.

I don’t speak French and I don’t really care about your love life problems. 

I think it’s time to close this thread before someone starts looking bad-and I’m not talking about Christophe

Best of luck on your crossing Lia.

I hope the distance from it all and time alone helps in the healing.

SX

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

I’m just a guy from New Jersey.

I don’t speak French and I don’t really care about your love life problems. 

I think it’s time to close this thread before someone starts looking bad-and I’m not talking about Christophe

Wholly fuck shit fuck, ass, damm it I speak french. 

Fuck if you want I can give you some fucking lessions

This trainwreck is getting worse.  The mods can sort this out by checking IP addresses.  We are seeing the worst of the internet here, and mods, it is time to do something.

Deleting the thread is not a bad idea.  It is like a wart on a bad smelling foot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, holeinthekite said:

This trainwreck is getting worse.  The mods can sort this out by checking IP addresses.  We are seeing the worst of the internet here, and mods, it is time to do something.

Deleting the thread is not a bad idea.  It is like a wart on a bad smelling foot.

Hmmmm

You smell warts on people feet?

I'm zeeeeeee french photographer ___________________ My Mom is so proud she's crying! 

Lol.

Yeaah get help!

2tXIO.jpg

16 hours ago, Lia Ditton said:

Wow Christophe. This is your third character in this forum thread. 

Im thinking this is just another sock in the thread? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, holeinthekite said:

scuse me for remarking that if you really think this thread here is the worst of the interwebs it only goes to show you have seen nuffin' yet, youre either naive or ignorant,  and as it goes for noobs, fuck off and where are the tits at ? damn, there used to be traditions overhere, the fact that they seem to have gone, now THAT is the worst of the interwebs !

• Like 2

5 hours ago, holeinthekite said:

And another newbie/sock chiming in. 

2 minutes ago, mad said:

And another newbie/sock chiming in. 

The mods can sort this out by checking IP addresses.

the sock was advocating just that, no ? ... and like we know the mods, they will surely oblige :rolleyes:

kOFV6Eo.thumb.png.5414f59e7243b26dd7dcd53799bfc49c.png

Try this for the worst of the Internet. 

51 minutes ago, madscotish said:

I'm zeeeeeee french photographer ___________________ My Mom is so proud she's crying! 

Lol.

Yeaah get help!

2tXIO.jpg

“Yer gonna need a bigger boat!”

7 hours ago, mad said:

Im thinking this is just another sock in the thread? 

I agree.

TANTRUM PREVENTION

Tantrum Prevention 103: Growing Your Window of Tolerance

22 hours ago, Albatros said:

The mods can sort this out by checking IP addresses.

the sock was advocating just that, no ? ... and like we know the mods, they will surely oblige :rolleyes:

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

On 2/9/2019 at 3:15 PM, Cal20sailor said:

Did none of you question her blaming all physical issues through stress driven by no longer being an Olympic sailor.  

Do none of you see the desperation of her message to the guy in question?

Fund raiser to follow!  

You are a bunch of victims.  No proof.  They could be working together.  What happened to critical thought, UK, lord knows it's been extinct for a while.  

Lia Dutton could have rid herself of a stalker with a Stat or Finn friend.  You are all being played.

Someone tell me how this makes sense .  Scooter got played and doesn't know it.  

Where's the corroborating evidence, family and friends?  I could be wrong but this whole thing seems staged.  i

And one of the funniest lines was getting six texts a day, seriously?

Christophe's 4th character... 

And now we have newbies chiming in, wanting the thread to end??

I didn't anticipate this forum thread would showcase what it is like to be stalked by Christophe Launay, but it has - a bombardment of messages from multiple personalities operating under endless pseudonyms. Christophe's personalities have 5 key characteristics: 

EXTREME VERBAL ABUSE - pseudonym madscotish today, who-knows-what tomorrow.

FAKE CONSTRUCTS - Sail4Beer. In this thread, the fake letter and the posting of the fake email to CL that he shared to validate its existence 

DISTRACTION - Sail4Beer. "I also have a stalker"

DIVERSION /DOUBT: Cal20Sailor. "There's more to this story" Repeat endlessly. 

GAS LIGHTING: Fiji Bitter "Lia get help!" 

Add 30 phone calls per day, the occasional attempt to make an in-person visit, or failing that a photograph and you get the idea of what it is to be stalked... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lia Ditton said:

I didn't anticipate this forum thread would showcase what it is like to be stalked by Christophe Launay, but it has - a bombardment of messages from multiple personalities operating under endless pseudonyms. Christophe's personalities have 5 key characteristics: 

FAKE CONSTRUCTS - Sail4Beer. In this thread, the fake letter and the posting of the fake email to CL that he shared to validate its existence 

Add 30 phone calls per day, the occasional attempt to make an in-person visit, or failing that a photograph and you get the idea of what it is to be stalked... 

Lia, I was a supporter, but know at least one of those people, and the others have been around for years. They aren’t Christophe. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Lia Ditton said:

75229091.jpg.6474b022552435300edf0d449fd63502.jpg

Can I be number 5?

1 hour ago, Monkey said:

Lia, I was a supporter, but know at least one of those people, and the others have been around for years. They aren’t Christophe. 

Being around for years proves nothing. 

17 minutes ago, Lia Ditton said:

I am curious, how many people here believe that the person posting under the username "Lia Ditton" is actually the real Lia Ditton?

• Like 1

Wouldn’t happen here!

I don’t think the mods or Ed would let anyone take a real name as a sock unless it’s someone from PA

48 minutes ago, Lia Ditton said:

FWIW, I know S4B's real ID and vice versa. I wouldn't wish a stalker on anyone but he's not Christophe. And neither am I. I hope you can get this resolved.

Thanks, IStream. I just checked and her account and she’s been around since 2009 so no reason to think she’s a sock. 

I feel bad for Christophe everytime this thread is hit...

40 minutes ago, W9GFO said:

I am curious, how many people here believe that the person posting under the username "Lia Ditton" is actually the real Lia Ditton?

Will the real Slim Shady please stand up, please stand up?

37 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

Thanks, IStream. I just checked and her account and she’s been around since 2009 so no reason to think she’s a sock. 

1 hour ago, Lia Ditton said:

• Like 2

Wouldn’t happen here!

I don’t think the mods or Ed would let anyone take a real name as a sock unless it’s someone from PA

This ain't twitter. It would require 1) Someone to report it, 2) Someone to reach out to the account owner and get proof 3) Corroborate the proof as legit 4) A willingness to ban the account if #2 and #3 isn't satisfied. Unless Scot recruited a new moderator since I stepped down, I don't think he's really got someone with the forensic skills to really run down step #3.

If I were still a moderator, I'd be dubious of this one - if nothing else because last I read the real Lia was out rowing the last couple of days. But without moderator tools, I can't take the research any further than anyone else.

I guess I’m going to have to reach out and ask her if she’s here or being ghosted. 

Someone has to do it.

Again

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

It would be much easier for Scooter to do it after all he knows her and is the OP.

52 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

if nothing else because last I read the real Lia was out rowing the last couple of days

May be she stopped rowing for a few minutes, and got her cellphone out. Claro?

30 minutes ago, Fiji Bitter said:

May be she stopped rowing for a few minutes, and got her cellphone out. Claro?

That's totally what I'd do in a rowboat with shite weather bearing down on me. Get on SA for the first time in years.

Did you admire the artistry of the shaving scene in "All is Lost," too?

• Like 3

I guess I’m going to have to reach out and ask her if she’s here or being ghosted. 

Someone has to do it.

Again

Isn't there some sort of stoopid right of passage for newbies to post here?

8 hours ago, Lia Ditton said:

If this was the real Lia Ditton, she would want this thread to end.  I don't believe Lia is an attention-whore, like a majority of the posters on this thread.  OTOH, an attention-whore would try to discredit anyone suggesting that the adults close their playground. The picture associated with this "Lia Ditton" profile is easily found on google images.  I would also suggest that she is smarter than wanting to have this issue debated by the keyboard warriors that inhabit this place - what good can possibly come of it?  So, this is not the real Lia, IMHO.  It is time to take BJ's suggestion and report the thread.  If this is the real Lia, we'll hopefully know soon, but my money's on this being a regular poster's sock.  The IP addresses will tell the story.

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

That's totally what I'd do in a rowboat with shite weather bearing down on me. Get on SA for the first time in years.

Did you admire the artistry of the shaving scene in "All is Lost," too?

Well, I would rather sail, but her rowboat is more like your HR than you think. And she had time to make a selfie and post it on facefuck, from Catalina Island too.

51973065_2329794990573910_5478403679956500480_n.jpg.280e420b165c0b7ff551ce42ca03bfb2.jpg

And a first time in years, that may have to do with getting over Scot, and now cuddling up to him again, who knows? Or may be her Ladyrower sock alerted her that Chris was all over SA., and may be she was feeling a bit left out, or lonely, or whatever. You see, you have to be a bit schizo to understand this all....

And BTW, "All is lost" was lost on me after 1 minute, I rather waist my time teasing on SA.

Here the facebook link with the selfie:  

https://m.facebook.com/rowliarow/?__tn__=%2Cg 

And that leads you to her pay per view Believer site:

https://www.patreon.com/RowLiaRow

6 minutes ago, holeinthekite said:

Great post, your 10th already, keep them coming holeinthehead.

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

If I were still a moderator, I'd be dubious of this one - if nothing else because last I read the real Lia was out rowing the last couple of days. 

According to her tracker, she returned to Marina Del Rey around 7pm last Thursday. The first post to this thread under her name was at 10am the next day. If it is not her, the imposter has timed it well.

Where do all these newbies live while waiting for a thread to start? Is there a call to arms send out across the Internet, or do they just lurk in the background?? 

151202-gollum-lord-of-the-rings-yh-0722a_48db46509413fd4bb10dc316f5cc10d5.fit-760w.thumb.jpg.8b258abd67afda322a6c2c510a1abff0.jpg

1 hour ago, W9GFO said:
6 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

If I were still a moderator, I'd be dubious of this one - if nothing else because last I read the real Lia was out rowing the last couple of days. 

According to her tracker, she returned to Marina Del Rey around 7pm last Thursday. The first post to this thread under her name was at 10am the next day. If it is not her, the imposter has timed it well.

It's entirely possible it is her. I'm not saying it is or isn't, I no longer have the tools to tell one way or the other and it's no longer my responsibility anyway. I'm not about to die on that hill either way.

I'm on the far side of the world, on the other side of the dateline so it gets a tad confusing when "today" is exactly. And I'm a cruiser, so if you ask me what day it is, I can't tell you until I think about it. I usually can't tell you the date or day or the week without looking at my phone. So it is clearly possible that the dates don't like the same from here as they do from there.

The times on Marinetraffic are UTC, just to make it more confusing.

The times I posted are all local times. I am not saying it is or isn’t her either.

I do think that the person posting as Lia is not representing Lia favorably. 

we need some pest control round here.

Image result for rat infestation

21 minutes ago, Larry Knight said:

How about some tits Lia?  Seems fair and reasonable, I've had enough of the ass shots.  More clicks guaranteed.

This has to be where this is going right?  Gradual exposure?

Go away.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lia Ditton said:

Lia, you may very well be correct about @madscotish since the last time I looked, his profile showed only three posts at SA, all attacking you.  Apparently he has now hidden earlier posts from 2014 in the same vein:

On 2/16/2019 at 6:06 AM, Sail4beer said:

Madscotish has been around since 2014 and said the same thing about Lia  back then.

Most of the heartless, vicious pricks who thrive in the SA cesspool are not Christophe.  These rabid pit bulls validate themselves by attacking others every day.  They don't have the self awareness to realize how stupid and ugly they look, or how it feels to be hunted and slandered relentlessly.  Some (at least one) even delude themselves that they are being heroic.  It's a weird, cruel world.  Don't let the sick bastards wear you down.

• Like 1

I DECIDED NOT TO CONTACT HER!!! I’m not brave enough...

She was back in town and posted the open letter on Instagram on the 8th and on the 9th offered the Patreon thing again. She posted a couple of times in the past 24 hours on there. 

And Proa, if you didn’t stick your “I’m superior in every way” or “ it’s been done before and better by someone else, Bob”or “why the ad hominem attacks when all I’m doing is trying to derail a thread here with my superior knowledge and my love of Pacific Proa’s” attitude each time you post, maybe you wouldn’t be universally reviled. 

Your a weird guy with a weird boat and no friends. This is Anarchy and I love it here.

I hope she masters the art of storytelling someday

D6BF268A-BCB3-46AD-B348-6A22FAE68195.jpeg

Because this is a lousy story with a bad ending, if it ever ends.

And if it’s not Lia, then let her find out and defend herself. If it’s her, she killed her credibility with the last few posts- not me. 

Proa is popular with the crowd across the board 

I hope this earns me another precious downvote by you, Joe, the most professional victim to ever grace these pages.

BC9D7EF7-7008-4DD3-8C5D-C02F85B58041.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

12 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

And as we all know, it is impossible to change the name and photo on an old SA account.

2 minutes ago, Mark Set said:

And as we all know, it is impossible to change the name and photo on an old SA account.

Did I miss the purple sarcasm font?:wacko:

7 hours ago, Fiji Bitter said:

Great post, your 10th already, keep them coming holeinthehead.

As if having tons of posts on SA makes you anything other than a well-published loser.

I wouldn't post here at all, but this thread is damaging the sport. I want to see more women in sailing and there are female sailors following this thread, probably with a lot of disgust at the mysogyny on display here.  This isn't sailing nicey-nice but it is also not a place where sociopaths should be tolerated.

Its not misogyny to ask to hear both sides of the argument and accusations.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mad said:

Its not misogyny to ask to hear both sides of the argument and accusations.  

I agree.  My problem is with the Lia Ditton posting on here.  If it is a sock, the person running it is a sociopath.  If it isn't a sock, I'll shut up, go away and simply feel sorry for Lia.

21 minutes ago, holeinthekite said:

I agree.  My problem is with the Lia Ditton posting on here.  If it is a sock, the person running it is a sociopath.  If it isn't a sock, I'll shut up, go away and simply feel sorry for Lia.

There are a plenty of sociopaths in this place, and a lot worse than that, if it a sock?? 

Which is worse, a sociopath sock? Or delusional poster running around accusing multiple people of being her accused stalker?  

End of the day, if Lia didn’t want publicity, she didn’t have to lay accusations in public with no proof.  

• Like 1

This isn't sailing nicey-nice but it is also not a place where sociopaths should be tolerated. 

I'm having trouble working out who the sociopaths are(n't) in this thread.

• Like 3

This isn't sailing nicey-nice 

ummmmmmm this is not Rowing Anarchy

• Downvote 1

9 hours ago, Larry Knight said:

How about some tits Lia?  Seems fair and reasonable, I've had enough of the ass shots.  More clicks guaranteed.

This has to be where this is going right?  Gradual exposure?

Grow up you fucking child,  you’re just propagating the exact stereotype. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Larry Knight said:

Think about this.  Why would a woman post naked photos of herself on the internet?

Well it's certainly not to give misogynistic dipshits something to wank over.

44 minutes ago, Larry Knight said:

And why is it necessary to post this on the front page of the rowliarow.com website?

"....I have spent 73 days in a row naked, ...."

and then complain that she is getting unwanted attention.  Naked photos and text like that show a pattern that is apparently using her body to attract attention.

Every choice we make has consequences.

You know, a LOT of adults are capable of dealing with the naked human form without getting all rape-y and stalker-y. The idea of a naked body does not mean "fuck me right now, anyone."

Yeah, she relies on fundraising to pay for her campaigns. Yes, a little titillation draws more attention, and a little flirting with her supporters gets results. Madison Avenue has been using a hell of a lot more sex and skin than that to sell you stuff for decades. You'll see more in a Calvin Klein add than what she's got up on her web site that I can see.

But NONE of that is an invitation to sexual attention. Sorry, it just isn't a invite to stalk, an invite to harass, or a request for the sort of attention she's been receiving from some of the misogynistic toads in this thread. I'm sorry if her talking about being naked gives you wood, it doesn't give you any rights to act on it.

If you think it is an invitation...you weren't raised right.

• Like 12

15 minutes ago, Larry Knight said:

Yep it got results.  Now she is using the unwanted parts of the results for even more money making attention . 

Titillation and flirting for money?  Mmmmmm.

Again...it's not an invitation.

You will not get it, no matter the explanations. You are too deeply rooted.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Larry Knight said:

What?  I ask for more nude pics and you want me to go away?

So you can read, congratulations.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, B.J. Porter said:

Again...it's not an invitation.

You will not get it, no matter the explanations. You are too deeply rooted.

titillation and flirting are not an invitation for advances.

Got that boys ?!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Larry Knight said:

I get it, I just do not agree that flashing your ass on the internet for cash is something that generates respect.

Go away, and think about how YOU can gain respect. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Larry Knight said:

What?  Don't you like the photo?

No we don't like you Larry.

Women's bodies as well as mens have fascinated artists, photographers and sculptures for hundreds if not thousands of years.  Some have already mentioned commercial usage and making a buck of it sure and that's regrettable but it takes a really tormented mind to go where you went.

I hope you work things out.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Larry Knight said:

So Lia posts the same photo and it's cool?  I post it and it's "really tormented"?

That what you are saying?

Thats's exactly what I'm saying, it's her photo not yours.

So you as a public domain member extrapolate that into "show us your tits"?

I mean she did it once with Joe I heard so why not with us all?

9 minutes ago, Larry Knight said:

It's in the public domain.  Please try to keep up.

image.png.a2e21bf85c2f4bec27dbe9156e6b2ab5.png

Edit: and I have learned something on this thread.  The next time a women deliberately titillates and flirts with me, I must remember she is not inviting advances from me.

She’s not directly flirting with you......neither are the girls doing porn movies either, sorry to break it to you. 

Its probably quite a tricky idea to get your head around in your case, but do try. 

• Like 3

I don't mind a bit of naked on occasion, what does that make me?

You never skinny dipped Larry?

4 minutes ago, paps49 said:

I don't mind a bit of naked on occasion, what does that make me?

You never skinny dipped Larry?

Careful, he’ll think you’re flirting with him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Larry Knight said:

It's in the public domain.  Please try to keep up.

image.png.a2e21bf85c2f4bec27dbe9156e6b2ab5.png

Edit: and I have learned something on this thread.  The next time a women deliberately titillates and flirts with me, I must remember she is not inviting advances from me.

It's not public domain, you dumbfuck. She owns the copyright to those images if you took them.

Do you really think that Ms. Ditton is personally and directly titillating and flirting with you, you neanderthal numbnuts?

Here's a newsflash:

The woman in this photo below does NOT want to have sex with you. The existence of this picture is NOT in invitation for you to stalk her. Yet she's naked on the internet, but it is not in the least bit an invitation for YOU (or Duncan...you should know better, man) to grab her, harass her, stalk her or whatever. Go ahead and have a wank if you must, but please don't share it.

You can project your own insecurities and ass backward morality about it, but that reflects on YOUR character, not hers.

image.thumb.png.9ea4eee27dc27e574f10a770cbe793b5.png

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

The woman in this photo below does NOT want to have sex with you. The existence of this picture is NOT in invitation for you to stalk her. Yet she's naked on the internet, but it is not in the least bit an invitation for YOU (or Duncan...you should know better, man) to grab her, harass her, stalk her or whatever. Go ahead and have a wank if you must, but please don't share it.

its not about harassment, stalking, whatever.  That is (I hope obviously)_ beyond the pale.

The point is that a woman cannot use their sexual assets like that and not expect attention.  They are asking for attention, and it will be (shock) sexual in nature.

I have a great deal of respect for Lia's rowing and sailing exploits.. less so for her other activities.  That doesn't mean I don't respect her right to use her body in any way she sees fit.

An analogy is free speech - you should be able to say whatever you want, but you have to deal with any of the consequences.

15 minutes ago, duncan (the other one) said:

its not about harassment, stalking, whatever.  That is (I hope obviously)_ beyond the pale.

The point is that a woman cannot use their sexual assets like that and not expect attention.  They are asking for attention, and it will be (shock) sexual in nature.

I have a great deal of respect for Lia's rowing and sailing exploits.. less so for her other activities.  That doesn't mean I don't respect her right to use her body in any way she sees fit.

An analogy is free speech - you should be able to say whatever you want, but you have to deal with any of the consequences.

The behavior IS harassment, stalking, etc. She's been stalked, and if you think the misogynistic bullshit in this thread is a normal, acceptable consequence of her actions you need to reconsider.

You are, in essence, agreeing with the sentiment that if a woman dresses sexy she deserves some blame if someone tries to rape her.

The attitudes of guys like this clown Larry are part of the problem. The idea that if she chooses to use her body in one way (in this case to highlight her adventures and bring clicks to her fund raiser) that it is some invitation for untoward sexual behavior is fucked in the head. A woman can walk down the street buck naked and it is not an invitation to harass her, nor is it any suggestion that she should accept or welcome your sexual advances.

There's any number of reasons a woman might wish to expose her body in public and NOT invite sex or sexual interaction from guys like Larry. Anything from PETA activists, to Femen protestors, to performance artists and naturists. Her nudity gives you no rights over her.

Yeah, prudes like Larry can be judgemental pricks, that's his right. But he will catch blowback on it from feminists and people who are more enlightened them him.

• Like 7