Editor

sailor chick of the decade

18 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

Pano,

I think the picture posted for all to see on the Internet is exactly that for Lia.

For the others, yes as well. The lady biker was paid to pose on a bicycle on a stand in front of several  intense lights to accentuate her musculature. A professional photographer was paid for their work on the shoot. It was done for profit, art and attention. Not sexuality.

The firefighters pose like that in calendars to raise money for their departments. If they wore their full gear and soot on their faces, the ladies and the gay men would not buy their calendars for big bucks. That’s sexuality.

Pretty simple to figure out.

The lady buying the firefighter calendar might find the picture pleasant to the eye but she would be foolish to think that the few quids she spent, automatically give her the right to some form of sexual gratification from the local firefighters or even to stalk them. Equally Lia photo can't justify any stalking, you may not like the idea of a young lady rowing naked but as long as she keeps it legal you can't do anything and stalking her is not only immoral but also illegal.

Next thing we will hear that young girls with short skirts deserve abuse because they are showing too much skin!

• Like 2

Geez pano, the guys are selling skin for money with the calendars. I have no idea what anyone who buys them thinks. 

Lia hasn’t been stalked for 10 years or so and I don’t care if she rows naked, it doesn’t look sexual to me in any way. There are many people who are exhibitionists and don’t care if you see them naked....they’re just doing their thing. 

19 minutes ago, Larry Knight said:

No, it is you twisting it.  Those following her, liking the skin shots are the voyeurs.

The 73 days naked story is bullshit. Even overcast conditions will burn skin with UV in less than a day, particularly skin not usually exposed.  She is making the claim to titillate the voyeurs, to make money.

They are not watching her naked through a peekhole, they are looking at photos that she decided to put in the public domain.

It might be bullshit but that's not a valid reason to stalk her.

5 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

Sure Shortfor,  I am Lia’s stalker. Good one. You read 2 whole pages...on your break from PA.

As I stated weeks ago, I reached out to Christophe and acccused him of what Lia said. He never denied it at all and said he was simply playing the game that she started. He just got good at it and Lia couldn’t take being bested in a childish game. Not that dramatic.

So now she writes an open letter to let it go at the expense of a guy’s reputation. And she wishes him no harm. Ha! She didn’t offer one bit of physical evidence-not one iota. Just one sided, unverified accusations. How about just one crazy email or a copy of a phone bill with 800 calls a week from Christophe? We already know they exist...

But I have to believe her.

Of course, I immediately believed her and decided to email Christophe-not PM him. I got back a very solid response from a person who has moved on and has a gotten married, started a family and is happy and getting into different areas of photography at this point in his life. 

I also know many personal things about Lia now and also know that he helped her a lot and went through hell with and because of her.

She said she wishes him no harm, yet this thread is extremely damning to the guy. Her? She could give a shit less, she was out sailing and partying for the past 10 years. 

And the next person who states that “someone reached out and did anyone question his claim?” should go back through this painful train wreck and see that I was questioned by several. Christophe asked me not to publish the documents or comment to precisely about the information we spoke about because it’s personal between those two. He doesn’t wish her any harm and can’t understand why after 10 years he has to be involved with her again. 

He also said that I was theonly one to email him to question him. The rest made up their mind by simply reading Lia’s tale. 

26,500+ views, 540 posts and I am the only one who did any investigation into the other side of the story.

All that activity and only one person actually tries to get facts before the hanging? You guys be the judge, jury and hangman. 

Just make sure you hang her too

So you don't know this guy, and he doesn't know you.  You sent him an email asking for his side of the story and he replied coming clean about the whole sordid affair.  And then he asked you not to share it with others because it's personal.  So you promised not to, and all the while you go on about how only you, Christophe and Lia know the real story, and only you and Christophe are telling the truth.

Does anybody besides me think this is ludicrous?

Dude, you have as many psychological issues as any other player in this sordid saga.

• Like 5
  • Downvote 1

What is ludicrous is taking an unproven accusation at face value without a moment of consideration. Sail4beer's got it about right I think. And what was interesting about this thread (in the beginning) is that it was an accusation, written in dramatic fashion and in a manner that "outed" the accused at the end. Then a pile-on from the crowd: Hang the bastard!  Never mind due process. 

Sail4beer poked around and found that it was not as straightforward as portrayed. It's worth considering the possibility that there are  two sides to this story. Five minutes of googling suggested to me that the accuser is a free spirit who enjoys being the center of attention along with her feats of exploration. No crime in that!  But stalking IS a crime, and publicly accusing someone of a crime IS a serious matter.  

I think more readers would have expressed reasonable doubt about the purpose of the original post, had the mob not made such a rush to judgement. The internet chivalrists (chivalry being man's inclination to protect a woman from everyone but himself) and the always-outraged-about-gender-situations folks here have labeled anyone with doubts of the accuser's intent as chauvinists.  Then unfortunately we have 2 or 3 14-year-old clowns here telling us what constitutes sexuality in marketing - two subjects they clearly know little about.

• Like 2

I guess I do, Ed. But, once again...

Why not email him yourself if you care. He may email you back too and tell you what he told me.

Lia started this and I stayed quiet for a week and it still goes on...so, I’m sorry you don’t like my point of view and it doesn’t matter. Christophe is in France living his life and Lia is in California doing the same.

I think Israel Hands put it pretty succinctly.

20 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

So you don't know this guy, and he doesn't know you.  You sent him an email asking for his side of the story and he replied coming clean about the whole sordid affair.  And then he asked you not to share it with others because it's personal.  So you promised not to, and all the while you go on about how only you, Christophe and Lia know the real story, and only you and Christophe are telling the truth.

Dude, you have as many psychological issues as any other player in this sordid saga.

perzactly.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

I guess I do. But, once again...

Why not email him yourself if you care. He may email you back too and tell you what he told me.

Lia started this and I stayed quiet for a week and it still goes on...so, I’m sorry you don’t like my point of view and it doesn’t matter. Christophe is in France living his life and Lia is in California doing the same.

Oh..so now Lia started the thread? Liar.,

Perhaps there's a hell of a lot more to this whole thing than meets the eye,.

The OP, The socks, the obligatory PM to the "perp" 

You know, you are so intricately involved in this, one might almost think you were a stalker or worse yourself...or this whole thread is part of a stalkers "game" with it's victim. How to stalk by proxy.

12 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Oh..so now Lia started the thread? Liar.

You are a real POS.  Ed started the thread pasting what Lia sent to him.  Splitting hairs?  Get some sleep, you're being dumber than usual.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

I guess I do, Ed. But, once again...

I think Israel Hands put it pretty succinctly.

2 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

You are a real POS.  Ed started the thread pasting what Lia sent to him.  Splitting hairs?  Get some sleep, you're being dumber than usual.  

So why does Sail for beer claim Lia started it?

This has been manipulated .

You're one going on ignore.

1 minute ago, Shortforbob said:

So why does Sail for beer claim Lia started it?

This has been manipulated .

You're one going on ignore.

Thank you for the ignore.  

Fuck are you stupid.  Lia may not have hit the keys that started this thread, but she started this thread by sending the material to Ed.  I have trouble believing anyone is as dumb as you are pretending to be.  

3 minutes ago, Larry Knight said:

particularly those who need to bare their ass to make it worth while.

That's my strategy, make people pay to have me put my clothes back on.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

I think BJ has that market sewn up.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

good ploy, might make your riches, might even be easier though if they pay you not to take them off in the first place

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Albatros said:

good ploy, might make your riches, might even be easier though if they pay you not to take them off in the first place

Nah, that's like describing a bad smell, people truly have to experience it themselves for the total impact.  Thanks though.  

39 minutes ago, Larry Knight said:

Ooooo scary shit, Bob's ignore list.

Ok, I;m starting to think that commenting here is as bad a the voyeurs who only check out her feeds to see if she has any more nude photos.  This thread is only making her more money, giving the impression that she is more news worthy than she is.

No one gives a fuck about drifters rowers.  Check out the boat, see if you could row that in any direction that the prevailing conditions did not favor.  And I am so fucking over people like her and the thousands of others who beg for a living on the internet, particularly those who need to bare their ass to make it worth while.

Hmm..I know fuck all about rowing..but apparently, thanks to this thread, know more than you do.

It's normal..actually essential for long distance ocean rowers to do it nekid to avoid chaffing.

https://mashable.com/2016/12/14/atlantic-rowing-challenge/#frbKWsubqsqh

1 hour ago, Larry Knight said:

And I am so fucking over people like her and the thousands of others who beg for a living on the internet, particularly those who need to bare their ass to make it worth while.

Douchebag - I have had several paid gigs over the years on large multihulls with Lia as a teammate.  Far from begging for a living on the internet, she was hired to make the boats go faster and to contribute to the speed, safety and success of the program.  Can you say the same?

20 minutes ago, charisma94 said:

Who else here thinks Larry Knight is Randumb? Gotta be...

I think there's been enough outing and witch hunting on this thread.

31 minutes ago, charisma94 said:

Who else here thinks Larry Knight is Randumb? Gotta be...

Might not be Random, but he certainly is an asshole.

• Like 3

^ Yep classic Random...

No comment on your POV. The way you put your points across is the give away. Anyway, welcome back.

I think Shitforbob and larry are one in the same,

pa rejects

As a friend's doctor once said, "we only come in 2 models and I have seen both of them".  HTFU!  Children, Children, Children, Lia is most likely a more accomplished sailer than most of you and for sure much tougher, every tried distance rowing?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, zenmasterfred said:

As a friend's doctor once said, "we only come in 2 models and I have seen both of them".  HTFU!  Children, Children, Children, Lia is most likely a more accomplished sailer than most of you and for sure much tougher, every tried distance rowing?

Why do you think they are so intent on cutting her down?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, charisma94 said:

^ Yep classic Random...

No comment on your POV. The way you put your points across is the give away. Anyway, welcome back.

Nah, I never picked up deep misogyny from Random, nor any sort of the judgmental prudishness typical of a lot of older American males. I think he's one of us (yanks, that is). I have a though who "Larry" might really be, but I can no longer verify it so it's not worth puzzling over. We know what he is, it doesn't so much matter who.

• Like 2

Randumb is an Aussie living in LB15's basement in a fetching leather outfit.

2 hours ago, DtM said:

Randumb is an Aussie living in LB15's basement in a fetching leather outfit.

I've been to both Random and LB15's shacks.

4 hours ago, Larry Knight said:

Not sure about the "friend's doctor".  Humans come in an almost infinite range of models.

image.png.63c37e5d4019a339edc1973d9952fcc2.png

Never tried distance rowing.  I have no need to attract attention to myself for money, either for profit or charity.

Hey, that looks like Steph from Germany.  Pretty cool lady in my opinion.

19 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

Why not let Lia come back and answer any questions you guys have. I just re-read her letter. 

She doesn’t mention the fact that she had been in some kind of relationship with her stalker well in advance of the emails and knew who Dr. Jekyll was, having been in France for a while...

Ed, you’ve been so busy pounding  the keyboard for years about how well you do with the young beautiful Polish ladies over there in Poland that I think it’s funny that you pull the mature act now, like you’re a sage gentleman that protects all the ladies from cads like me. Guess the girls are all giving you a break from your stud work so you have time to hit me up for a shit fight. Of course, it’s all fantasy. You’re about 65, kind of not really handsome or in great shape, married to a music teacher or something like that...

And I’ve had a busy week here. I killed 2 threads in a matter of days and have a few new enemies. But I think I did the right thing. (That self-righteous attitude)

Waiting for Lia to respond to the allegations with some facts here. She’s been quiet. Maybe for legal reasons.

6 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

I've been to both Random and LB15's shacks.

so they alternate the fetching leather outfit in one another's shacks ? the novelty, where's Zed when you need him.

17 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

Why not let Lia come back and answer any questions you guys have. I just re-read her letter. 

She doesn't mention the fact that she had been in some kind of relationship with her stalker well in advance of the emails and knew who Dr. Jekyll was, having been in France for a while...

Ed, you've been so busy pounding  the keyboard for years about how well you do with the young beautiful Polish ladies over there in Poland that I think it’s funny that you pull the mature act now, like you’re a sage gentleman that protects all the ladies from cads like me. Guess the girls are all giving you a break from your stud work so you have time to hit me up for a shit fight. Of course, it’s all fantasy. You’re about 65, kind of not really handsome or in great shape, married to a music teacher or something like that...

And I’ve had a busy week here. I killed 2 threads in a matter of days and have a few new enemies. But I think I did the right thing. (That self-righteous attitude)

Waiting for Lia to respond to the allegations with some facts here. She’s been quiet. Maybe for legal reasons.

Just your usual mixture of fact and fiction.  I am actually 63.  My wife is a music teacher, school principal, music therapist, choir director and orchestra conductor.  Among other things.  I took a break from our marriage for a few years but we are back together now.  

I know that you are jealous and I understand that.  Not every guy can be such a cool stud of my magnitude.  No need to be bitter about it.  At least you have the boardwalk there at Seaside Heights, until it gets washed away again. Tom's River isn't too bad of a place if you have to live in NJ but I prefer Asbury Park.  Too many wannabe rich posers in TR.

Anyway, better to pound the keyboard than to pound my head on a brick wall in frustration like you do.  

15 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

I took a break from our marriage for a few years but we are back together now.  

but, but Ed, all these other young nubile polish lookers waiting for your manly prowess to give them that one hourlong orgasm they were craving for, you're really really not going to give them just what they wanted from your 7 foot muscle clad 8 inch manhood ? the humanity, what's the world becoming ? :P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Albatros said:

but, but Ed, all these other young nubile polish lookers waiting for your manly prowess to give them that one hourlong orgasm they were craving for, you're really really not going to give them just what they wanted from your 7 foot muscle clad 8 inch manhood ? the humanity, what's the world becoming ? :P

I am only one humble man with limited time on this earth.  The ladies that had that experience will always cherish it.  The others, well, such is life.  They can always dream.

• Like 1

Children, Children, Children, Lia is most likely a more accomplished sailer than most of you and for sure much tougher, every tried distance rowing?

That's not what's at issue. What is at issue is her dramatic fever-dream description of being stalked. She accuses a guy and ID's him to the group.  That's a serious charge, worth a few minutes of considering the possibility that there are two sides to this story.  If he stalked her to the degree that she suggests, then it sounds like a prosecutable crime; if she miscast the situation, then she may have defamed him.

Being accomplished at something or having a large following and using that podium to make an accusation, if false, makes said accusation worse not better. It's an unfair power dynamic, as the accuser's followers automatically jump in to defend her. I for one appreciate the effort of one guy here to spend a few minutes trying to get at the truth. Why not seek truth and honest perspective?

9 minutes ago, Israel Hands said:

Why not seek truth and honest perspective?

Because the truth is not always as absolute as we seem to believe it should be. 

As far as honesty, well this is SA after all.

At least you are being honest about yourself;)

I’m glad you and your wife are enjoying life over there. Time here is short and needs to be appreciated every moment.

• Like 2

On 2/23/2019 at 9:41 AM, Sail4beer said:

Sure Shortfor,  I am Lia’s stalker. Good one. You read 2 whole pages...on your break from PA.

As I stated weeks ago, I reached out to Christophe and acccused him of what Lia said. He never denied it at all and said he was simply playing the game that she started. He just got good at it and Lia couldn’t take being bested in a childish game. Not that dramatic.

So now she writes an open letter to let it go at the expense of a guy’s reputation. And she wishes him no harm. Ha! She didn’t offer one bit of physical evidence-not one iota. Just one sided, unverified accusations. How about just one crazy email or a copy of a phone bill with 800 calls a week from Christophe? We already know they exist...

But I have to believe her.

Of course, I immediately believed her and decided to email Christophe-not PM him. I got back a very solid response from a person who has moved on and has a gotten married, started a family and is happy and getting into different areas of photography at this point in his life. 

I also know many personal things about Lia now and also know that he helped her a lot and went through hell with and because of her.

She said she wishes him no harm, yet this thread is extremely damning to the guy. Her? She could give a shit less, she was out sailing and partying for the past 10 years. 

And the next person who states that “someone reached out and did anyone question his claim?” should go back through this painful train wreck and see that I was questioned by several. Christophe asked me not to publish the documents or comment to precisely about the information we spoke about because it’s personal between those two. He doesn’t wish her any harm and can’t understand why after 10 years he has to be involved with her again. 

He also said that I was theonly one to email him to question him. The rest made up their mind by simply reading Lia’s tale. 

26,500+ views, 540 posts and I am the only one who did any investigation into the other side of the story.

All that activity and only one person actually tries to get facts before the hanging? You guys be the judge, jury and hangman. 

Just make sure you hang her too

No you are just her detractor and so arrogant and gullible that its pointless to try to engage you.  Could you be so kind however to PM your full name so I can ensure I never engage your marine services by mistake.  It would pain me greatly to know I helped such a low life scum who can't even keep his socks in the drawer.

3 hours ago, Israel Hands said:

That's not what's at issue. What is at issue is her dramatic fever-dream description of being stalked. She accuses a guy and ID's him to the group.  That's a serious charge, worth a few minutes of considering the possibility that there are two sides to this story.  If he stalked her to the degree that she suggests, then it sounds like a prosecutable crime; if she miscast the situation, then she may have defamed him.

Being accomplished at something or having a large following and using that podium to make an accusation, if false, makes said accusation worse not better. It's an unfair power dynamic, as the accuser's followers automatically jump in to defend her. I for one appreciate the effort of one guy here to spend a few minutes trying to get at the truth. Why not seek truth and honest perspective?

• Downvote 1

And we’re just moving back into our washed out home this week after 6 1/2 years Ed. No wonder I’m a “little” crazy lately! 

2 minutes ago, LMI said:

No you are just her detractor and so arrogant and gullible that its pointless to try to engage you.  Could you be so kind however to PM your full name so I can ensure I never engage your marine services by mistake.  It would pain me greatly to know I helped such a low life scum who can't even keep his socks in the drawer.

Ok then, noob. 

As I said several times, you can contact  him yourself. Not that you would.

It’s easier to attack me and put your phone back in your pocket than it is to do your own homework before judging.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sail4beer said:

And we’re just moving back into our washed out home this week after 6 1/2 years Ed. No wonder I’m a “little” crazy lately! 

Ok then, noob. 

It’s easier to attack me and put your phone back in your pocket than it is to do your own homework before judging.

LMI has been around for 8+ years, and in all that time I have not seen a single positive post. He/she/it has a very negative view of the world.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

Why the hell would she owe you or anybody anything like that?

You're some random stranger on the internet that stuck your nose in her life, pal'd it up with her stalker, and defended him while disparaging  her. I can't see she owes you anything.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

Ok then, noob. 

Just PM the name.  I can understand how you must be so embarrassed by what you say and write that you don't want to be associated with your posts but you can safely PM it. The rules say I can't out you and I just want to make sure you never ever do any work on any of our boats.  That is my only homework for this evening.

• Downvote 2

18 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

LMI has been around for 8+ years, and in all that time I have not seen a single positive post. He/she/it has a very negative view of the world.

True.  I don't post much and God forbid a woman not toe the line.  I raised strong women and call it like I see it.  However, if its important that I do, for you to feel better about yourself, then allow me to point out that BJ's post two above has it exactly right.  I read his stuff with interest as we have done similar things and he is still out there, while we are hoping to shortly return to the cruising lifestyle.  Is that positive enough for you?

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, B.J. Porter said:

You're some random stranger on the internet that stuck your nose in her life, pal'd it up with her stalker, and defended him while disparaging  her. I can't see she owes you anything.

Pretty harsh take on it.

Could just as easily say that Lia kicked off the current internet shit fight by her social media posts, the Ed here kicked it further down the road and the usual internet lynch mob gathered.

One contrarian seeks the person being pilloried and asks for their side. Now you accuse that person of 'palling it up'. On what evidence other than him saying there's 2 sides and the other person just wants to get on with life instead of digging up old shit?

The bit I agree on is, Lia owes nobody anything. However, actions have consequences and her post was basically a deliberate act to out  the person she accuses of stalking, many years after even she says such events finished. I have no idea if she's right or overreacting and without the logs of emails, social media posts, texts and phone calls, nor do you. Yet you want to rip into sail for having the effrontery to actually try to check data and get comments from the other person involved. That's piss-poor behaviour on your part, IMO.

FKT

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Israel Hands said:

well said.

1 hour ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

The bit I agree on is, Lia owes nobody anything. However, actions have consequences

careful there..

4 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

I have to say that personally,  as a member of this anonymous community, I did not expect Lia, whom I had admired for a long time for all of her exploits, to write such a damning letter about an old flame who admitted to the whole thing about a decade ago. I was quick to her side until I thought to myself, “I’d better check into this before I kill this Frenchy!” I did and...

This isn’t a rape case or assault with intent to bodily harm, but the backlash for the named accused is far more severe and far reaching for the accused, solely based on his fame and reputation.  I live in America and I believe in due  process. This grand jury you guys have brought don’t have a piece of evidence to corroborate her charges and I’m not going to give you anything of his to continue her slander campaign. 

What I meant to say was that only Lia, at this point, can clarify and perhaps prove the statements that she posted online, for Scot to pick up and cover, that will satisfy any of you.

Then you can kick my digitial ass. 

Me? Again. I just looked into it a little. For some reason I like to poke around and find the truth about people and their true motives. I know that you haven’t done one ounce of research into the subject. DAMN! That’s about the 5th time I’ve had to say that. 

And then again, for the fifth time, YOU could contact him yourself and get his side of the old story. Ask him if he gave her appendicitis and almost took her spleen as well. Someone ask him!!!

...nope. because it duzzint mattrerr...

BJ. When a troll slams your son’s work, it’s easy for me to rebuff the little shits and nobody but the other trolls cry foul because there is no evidence to counter their slanderous chirps.  

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

On 2/23/2019 at 2:45 AM, Sail4beer said:

Race day tomorrow.

Hope she keeps her clothes on!

And I would not like to be her next target if she doesn’t win...

Can you back this claim that she is targetting men?

I will if you can show where someone said that she is targeting men.

just saying...

6 hours ago, Ishmael said:

I can’t imagine that in all that time the rain never let up.

And sorry about subjecting you to a downvote from the Proasailor Authority

58 minutes ago, Panoramix said:

Can you back this claim that she is targetting men?

What claim you talking about there? Making me out to be a sexist or something? Not gonna happen.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

What I find interesting is that on a sailing forum we have a whole bunch of predominantly white, middle age guys, including me discussing Lia, her body, her mental health, her intentions, her use of media, blah, blah, blah.

No amount of "she posted it so it's ok" covers this, for her or anyone else!.

We all identified early on that this was complicated and personal but we couldn't help ourselves, we got involved, some more than others.

What if Lia sent that message to Scot personally and he was the one who decided to publish?

Maybe it's all some part of a complicated public mating ritual?

I have no fucking idea but I really wish this thread would self destruct in 3 minutes.

It's none of our bidness so if he won't pull it, jus stop pokin the bears.

5 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

I will if you can show where someone said that she is targeting men.

just saying...

Sorry but when you say that you don't want to be the next target you imply that she's doing it regularly.

3 minutes ago, Larry Knight said:

I'm serious I don't get it.  There are things they can do.

I suggest you go back to the opening post where the stalking was described. 

9 minutes ago, Larry Knight said:

Just did, yes there were complications, and some smart tech,. 

But

"The stalker went on the list as WANTED in the UK .."  So what happened with that?  Was there a warrant out?  Was he charged?

These things don't just go away. There are extradition agreements across Euro countries.

More for you to read: https://graziadaily.co.uk/life/real-life/online-stalking-harassment-laws-uk/

10 minutes ago, Larry Knight said:

Just did, yes there were complications, and some smart tech,. 

But

"The stalker went on the list as WANTED in the UK .."  So what happened with that?  Was there a warrant out?  Was he charged?

These things don't just go away. There are extradition agreements across Euro countries.

Unless you are charged with something really heavy, I don't think the police have the resources to chase you down all over Europe. 

26 minutes ago, Larry Knight said:

Grazia?

You are the one with all the info.  Tell us about being "WANTED in the UK " isn't "really heavy".

So it would mean the guy at least would not be able to return to England and he would have an Interpol Notice out on him?  Maybe a red one?

Would get really difficult to travel anywhere in that case.

I don't have all the info, but it's fairly easy to at least get a little informed by doing a little research. 

I don't know what it takes to get Interpol chasing you down. But travelling in Europe seldom requires much, pretty much nowhere requires a passport. 

6 hours ago, paps49 said:

What I find interesting is that on a sailing forum we have a whole bunch of predominantly white, middle age guys,

you might rethink that 

15 minutes ago, VWAP said:

you might rethink that 

Are you pre or post op?

Nothing wrong with that either way, just curious.

20 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

Are you pre or post op?

Pre, post op his name will be VWOAP!

On 2/23/2019 at 8:39 AM, VWAP said:

ohhhhh Fuck the numnutts from pa have infiltrated the sailing side of this site, someone lock the door 

Those darn Pennsylvanians again!

8 hours ago, Larry Knight said:

I don't get the on-line stalking thing, been wondering about it for a while. 

it's super hard to see if one is a stalker

1 hour ago, woahboy said:

Those darn Pennsylvanians again!

Do you have IP tools too?  

:ph34r:

1 minute ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Do you have IP tools too?  

:ph34r:

Well, I have always seen "take it to pa" and I have yet to find that forum. Pennsylvania was all I could come up with. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Larry Knight said:

She said in the OP  "The stalker went on the list as WANTED in the UK, but he was on a train back to France before they could grab him. He was no fool. "

She is saying he is a fugitive, while being a well known person.

So does anyone know what happened here?

As a lawyer friend is fond of saying "you are assuming facts not in evidence".

Wanted can mean any number of things.  If he was wanted for questioning in a possible harassment case that would not justify an interpol warrant for arrest.   I have seen nothing to indicate criminal charges had been filed.  No charges, no warrant, no fugitive.  

No where have I seen Lia say the person in question is a fugitive.  Wanted for questioning does not automatically make one a fugitive from justice.

Breakups suck and bad breakups suck harder.  Sad the dirty laundry from this one had to be aired in public.  Regardless of what happened this episode has obviously had a strong effect on Lia.  I hope she is able to find peace in her life and the will to stay strong.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Larry Knight said:

I am not assuming any facts.  Consult your lawyer friend for confirmation. 

She said in the OP  "The stalker went on the list as WANTED in the UK, but he was on a train back to France before they could grab him. He was no fool. "

I am quoting the OP and commenting on the inference that Lia made.  Claiming someone is "WANTED in the UK", in capitals, would lead a reasonable lay person to believe that "they" were the police looking for him. 

Given that was posted on the OP,  have been given a public mandate to ask what that meant, and what happened to the WANTED man.  Did 'they' catch him?  Was he charged?  WTF happened?

All I'm getting is Crickets.  In this situation, a reasonable person might assume that the OP contained 'facts not in evidence', cannot be substantiated, perhaps even bullshit or at the very least, gross exaggeration. 

I could be wrong, but got nothing else going on.

FTFY

First off, Lia was not the OP.

Next off it's none of your business or mine.

While it was foolishly published in a public forum that does not give said public permission to forensically psychoanalyze her, her life or women in general. It's just a public forum not a Colosseum.

19 minutes ago, Larry Knight said:

Nice of you to demonstrate the problem for us.

• The words quoted in the OP were from Lia.  So you are wrong.
  • After it was posted in this public forum, it did become my business.  So you were wrong again.
  • The above does give me permission to question and seek more information on what was posted.  Wrong yet again.  Not having a good run here are you!

The only thing your were right about is that it is a public forum.  Anyone posting stuff here should expect comments and questions.

On this one I'm calling bullshit, until someone posts some evidence that the stalker was WANTED in the UK and for what?  WTF happened?

That either makes you the stalker or the cunt, take your pick.

35 minutes ago, Larry Knight said:

On this one I'm calling bullshit, until someone posts some evidence that the stalker was WANTED in the UK and for what?  WTF happened?

If he was charged with terror or murder, then the UK Police would have tried hard to find him, and engaged the Interpol and whatnot. 

For a minor offense like this, and where no lives were in danger, my guess is they give zero fuck. 

It's not the wild west, you know. 

12 hours ago, Larry Knight said:

She is saying he is a fugitive, while being a well known person.

Where did Lia use the exact word "fugitive"?  By her using the word "wanted" you filled in the rest on your own.  We have no idea what he may have been wanted for.

Here is a simple example for you:  I break up with my girlfriend then act the total tard to the point she feels threatened and goes to the police.  As they should the police follow up on her complaint and "want" to talk to me about the allegations.  Not knowing the police want to speak with me I travel to Louisiana to drown my break up sorrows on Bourbon Street for a while.  The police in Texas may well still "want" to talk with me but as there has been no felony warrant issued I am not a "wanted" man.  The word wanted can have many meanings in this instance.

I am not assuming any facts.  Consult your lawyer friend for confirmation. 

I am quoting the OP and commenting on the inference that Lia made.  Claiming someone is "WANTED in the UK", in capitals, would lead a reasonable lay person to believe that "they" were the police looking for him. 

Given that was posted on the OP,  have been given a public mandate to ask what that meant, and what happened to the WANTED man.  Did 'they' catch him?  Was he charged?  WTF happened?

All I'm getting is Crickets.  In this situation, a reasonable person might assume that the OP contained 'facts not in evidence', cannot be substantiated, perhaps even bullshit or at the very least, gross exaggeration. 

I could be wrong, but got nothing else to go on.

This is where you made assumptions.  You read something then made assumptions regarding what you should think considering yourself a reasonable layperson.  You made assumptions based on an inference.

The bottom line is this entire debate is based on third hand info, hearsay, and most likely a fair amount of bullshit at this point.  Any conclusion is based on assumptions as we do not have first hand info complete with documentation for verification.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Larry Knight said:

Seriously WTF does that even mean?

So you are saying that stalking is a "minor offense" now?  How about you post to Lia and tell her to toughen up?

Compared to violence and shit, yes. I don't know which country you live in, since you are so shocked about why the Interpol wasn't chasing him, but...that's not my problem. 

6 minutes ago, NORBowGirl said:

Compared to violence and shit, yes. I don't know which country you live in, since you are so shocked about why the Interpol wasn't chasing him, but...that's not my problem. 

Well stated.  Where I live I would most likely find our constable knocking on my door telling me to cut the shit before things get out of hand.

Nice of you to demonstrate the problem for us.

• The words quoted in the OP were from Lia.  So you are wrong.
  • After it was posted in this public forum, it did become my business.  So you were wrong again.
  • The above does give me permission to question and seek more information on what was posted.  Wrong yet again.  Not having a good run here are you!

The only thing your were right about is that it is a public forum.  Anyone posting stuff here should expect comments and questions.

Image result for here's johnny

On 2/9/2019 at 1:40 PM, knot him said:

AN OPEN LETTER TO MY STALKER

Dear Christophe Launay,

I am speaking out about being stalked by you, because after 7 years I refuse to live in fear anymore.

This isn’t revenge.

I wish you no harm.

I write this today to set myself free of the shame, that I am the one you stalked; to fill in the missing years of the story of my life and to unweight myself of the secret of what you did.

My struggle to write, to blog, to communicate with anyone I can’t verify as not you continues, 3 years after you [for the most part] have left me alone.

When you contacted me in December last year, my immune system crashed. I became ill. That is the extent of the trauma you caused, that I am working to absolve.

In training to row the Pacific, I have battled not only with the ocean, but with fear and self-doubt. I have come to realise that being stalked by you – past present or future – is a stumbling block, a rock I am kicking down the road.

I am rebuilding my life. I am going to row the Pacific alone and unsupported and there is no room onboard for a rock to sink the boat.

I wish you wellness and prosperity.

Sincerely,

Lia

So, to keep it all in a little perspective. Here’s the open letter she wrote online. 

What year was it written? So, now that the “secret” has been exposed online,what “secret” does she keep that may have started or continued this. Was Christophe notified about this letter? Was he aware that someone was spreading rumors without direct evidence on the internet? Did she ever seek psychological help for her trauma or to deal with the issues she has that put her in and out of the relationship with the accused?

Next

The title of the thread states that she has a story to tell. It's a  heart wrenching story as you read it and it leaves you feeling mad and looking for revenge.

However, it’s not an interview with a reporter from Portland, Oregon. It is a story that she lavishes here in great prose. Was it published to be picked up and reprinted here? Has ANY professional journalist written any of this information from any interview and made it available to read? Would ANY journalist be so ignorant as to just regurgitate what they hear without fact checking it for themselves? That’s how they keep from being sued for slander, libel and losing their jobs and careers. Any journalist would want to reach out to Christophe to verify such Incriminating facts.  

No publication would print her “story”

But did anyone reach out to the accused to see if she is writing a factual account of events or just a tale using his name and some old memories told by a person who states that her goal in college is to become a master story teller?

It seems that I did the research a journalist would do or anyone else and my research leads me personally to believe that this is all a publicity stunt at this point-10 years on-to gain sympathy and possibly monetary gain as a “victim” to help garner attention and support as she goes off on her next big adventure. It costs more money than she can earn to accomplish her goals and an amazing tale of overcoming adversity is one of the best ways to attract sponsors and supporters.

It seems to me that she wrote the open letter long before the thread opening story. It just didn’t get any attention. 

It did this time..

Jussie Smolletts anyone???

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

It seems that I did the research a journalist would do or anyone else and my research leads me personally to believe that this is all a publicity stunt at this point-10 years on-to gain sympathy and possibly monetary gain as a “victim” to help garner attention and support as she goes off on her next big adventure. It costs more money than she can earn to accomplish her goals and an amazing tale of overcoming adversity is one of the best ways to attract sponsors and supporters.

You're just as useless as any average lazy journalist. You ask one person a question and then present it like the universal truth. 

If you had half a brain you'd understand that the only people who knows the truth are the two people involved. Your personal speculations are of fuckall interest. 

• Like 3

There are facts and emotions.

I asked the questions and I wasn’t nice about it either. 

I got past the emotion part and you did zero research nor do you care to. I understand. You fell for a great story. 

Lia is so full of hate toward Christophe that she accused me and several others as being Christophe socks.-me especially. I guess I was hitting a little close to home.

But enough of that. Let’s see some factual evidence from Lia. There were never any charges filed against him and he didn’t have to flee from prosecution unless charges were filed.

To claim that someone fled the country to avoid the police is another story. How about he went home and worked on a project and returned to England, was interviewed and left free. End of crime spree!!!

Lia may have been told by an attorney to stop speaking out. I don’t know. But she thinks I’m Christophe and says I use false constructs and diversion to cast doubt on her “story”. I don’t know what a false construct is, but if it means writing a bunch of bullshit to make someone look bad, then she is the writer of a lot of false construct.

Oh, and thank you Joe Oster, for downvoting me as I type this. Hopefully my points will be restored one day, but for now, I must go and find your Proasailor posts and downvote them all. It will be easy to do. I learned it from you.

And it’s not stalking, just harassment, like Lia’s old boyfriend...I can’t cal you a stalker and neither can Lia call Christophe- just a harassment. Stalking involves the threat of bodily harm and fear for your life. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Boy Joe, in just 4 minutes I gave you 5 downvotes on just one thread. I see how this works now...

Time for more! I love indiscriminate downvoting to irritate an individual now!

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Sail4beer said:

There are facts and emotions.

I asked the questions and I wasn’t nice about it either. 

I got past the emotion part and you did zero research nor do you care to. I understand. You fell for a great story. 

I haven’t fallen for anything. I don’t feel the need to. It’s not up to me. Neither is it up to you to decide. Who the fuck said you should decide? Nobody. This is not a court. 

• Like 1

We can all have own opinions. But if others disagree with that opinion they go off the deep end. This thread is rather silly, in my opinion. Let it go, everyone. 

• Like 1