KiwiJoker

SailGP - Sydney Inaugural Regatta

4 hours ago, Forourselves said:

Is that all you've got? Just one post? "Oh he said it wouldn't happen" get over it! Apart from one thing, one post, everything else I've said is true. And the only thing you can counter it with is...but they look cool smh

Pretty sure I’ve proven you wrong multiple times there old china. Just saying. Not everything you say is true. From your posts most comments are opinions, generalization and speculation. And quite often cannot back anything you say with facts when questioned. Still havnt said what ETNZ’s top speed was or how man races from any boat were 100% fly time but continue to say that if they arnt 100% fly time it’s a failure. And they arnt better than the AC50’s? Again opinion and speculation. Nil facts. 

46 minutes ago, pusslicker said:

To be fair it was more like 500 posts. Look at your last 250 with that old Bermuda shit as a case in point.

Haha "that old Bermuda shit" is all that matters, the AC is where the big boys play, not this new GP crap. I told you the boats and teams wouldnt live up to the hype, and they havent. Even Shirley said "we aren't seeing many foiling tacks and gybes. You can blame the conditions all you like, but the fact remains, we saw consistent foiling and foiling maneuvers in Bermuda in 6-7 knots of wind, as well as in patchy stuff, where we didn't in Sydney. Its not the conditions, its the design. 

32 minutes ago, agk470 said:

Pretty sure I’ve proven you wrong multiple times there old china. Just saying. Not everything you say is true. From your posts most comments are opinions, generalization and speculation. And quite often cannot back anything you say with facts when questioned. Still havnt said what ETNZ’s top speed was or how man races from any boat were 100% fly time but continue to say that if they arnt 100% fly time it’s a failure. And they arnt better than the AC50’s? Again opinion and speculation. Nil facts. 

Nope, you haven't. The only thing you keep saying to everything is...yeah but at least the boats look cool and go fast. Well there are a lot of boats that look cool and go fast. Speed is relative. You need to Forget about top speed. Like Ive said every time, Oracle often topped ETNZs speed, but in the wrong direction. Top speed is irrelevant if Your opponent has better VMG. Thats all you people care about...top speed. Artemis clocked the fastest top speed and didnt even make the match! Top speed means nothing if its in the wrong direction, and ive always said that. ETNZ either had consistent 100% flytime laps through almost every race of the LV Challenger Final and Cup match. Those are also facts. What I'm saying is, the boats, the teams, and the event coverage have failed to live up to the hype they have given it. 

"FFS Clarkey" If you don't like it then why don't you just go away and let the rest of us enjoy it .

3 hours ago, barfy said:

The cameras are drones.they can't get amongst the action because they can't look behind themselves when they are filming. They Will get smacked.  No spotter can judge this.Volvo drone shots were one boat, thru the hull are one boat. We will only see perimeter shots or above the mast. Who would have thought.

Aw, c'mon!  That's not what I said.  My exact quote was "Drones can clearly handle close ups but during racing all we saw were long shots."

It should be possible through software to set an altitude limit 15 or 20 feet above mast height.  

I expect to see tighter and more dramatic footage as the producers explore the limits of their tools. 

2 hours ago, Forourselves said:

Nope, you haven't. The only thing you keep saying to everything is...yeah but at least the boats look cool and go fast. Well there are a lot of boats that look cool and go fast. Speed is relative. You need to Forget about top speed. Like Ive said every time, Oracle often topped ETNZs speed, but in the wrong direction. Top speed is irrelevant if Your opponent has better VMG. Thats all you people care about...top speed. Artemis clocked the fastest top speed and didnt even make the match! Top speed means nothing if its in the wrong direction, and ive always said that. ETNZ either had consistent 100% flytime laps through almost every race of the LV Challenger Final and Cup match. Those are also facts. What I'm saying is, the boats, the teams, and the event coverage have failed to live up to the hype they have given it. 

Ive not once said they look cool, IMHO they are slightly lighter on the aero package as we dont see and middle pod fairings any more(they were cool), and they have the similar artemis DB case fairing, the rear is similar but the noticable difference is the front on shots where you see the width extended through the DB being wider and that looks mean. I actually dont think they look that different than in BDA, and i thought Artemis looked the clesnest but ETNZ looked bad ass in BDA, I think they missed the opportunity with SGP, AUS, JPN and CHN stand out i think the others look rather plain considering. 

I do care about top speed but also understand VMG and VMC. If you actually look into the detail and data in BDA ,for example, the best tacks were often artemis as they usually had the best VMC with the big slow turn and upwind glide, where as SBTJ, OR and ETNZ did alot more of the snap tacks that looked awesome but usually they had to come out low on course to establish flow but meant getting to speed faster, this does not mean all boats but ETNZ were going the wrong way faster mate. Its actually quite well established that ETNZ were faster in a strait line as the had boards with a larger elbow and more down sweep which converts to speed and i know for a fact that 3 teams were rushing to change the horizontal part of the board (30% of original board once if i remember correctly) just prior to the LV to try and catch the slippery kiwi's. 

by the way what are you calling the wrong direction? as you keep saying over and over?

"and ive always said that. ETNZ either had consistent 100% flytime laps through almost every race of the LV Challenger Final and Cup match.Those are also facts." - I actually think you dont quite understand the meaning of fact, facts are something you actually back up, In the qualifier round i can think of at least 3 races that they didnt 100% fly so that not almost every, FACTS out of what 10 races they lost 2, they lost 2 won 5 in the semi finals(one capsize) and they lost 2  won 5 in the final, and only lost 1 won 8 in the Cup proper.  lets do some FACTS. So 33 races sailed, and won a staggering 26(bloody awesome) that accounts for 7 losses and presumably(speculation) that the losses would be non 100% foilers, there for they were at 78% give or take assuming that they were 100% for every win. now if you want to talk final and cup only then lets do the fun fact thing again, 23 races sailed won again a staggering 18 so thats exactly 78% again, so Fact is Almost every race( in your world is 78%, ) maybe you almost understand everything i just said so give or take 22% went over your head ill let it slide. 

and one more point and this isnt saying that your wrong but maybe you can somewhat consider that a professional team that had 2/3 years training for said 33 races(on the back of 34) probably should have had some 100% fly times in 35. as should had the other 5 teams, with the talent of the other teams in 35 with 2/3 years training full time also not mastering 100% fly times and some teams didnt even get 1 race full flying how would one expect new teams to go strait into full 100% fly races? maybe wussel did hype it up too much and the poor guys racing the boats just couldnt get there, but look how bloody awesome guys like Phil, billy and dylan went having never sailed an AC50 let alone an F50 and only having somewhat 2/3 weeks in the boat. and also you know Phil is a kiwi right? ad going off your general ranting how bloody good everything kiwi is(excluding russel and core) shouldnt you be eating his ass as much as you do anything ETNZ? just saying. 

3 hours ago, agk470 said:

Ive not once said they look cool, IMHO they are slightly lighter on the aero package as we dont see and middle pod fairings any more(they were cool), and they have the similar artemis DB case fairing, the rear is similar but the noticable difference is the front on shots where you see the width extended through the DB being wider and that looks mean. I actually dont think they look that different than in BDA, and i thought Artemis looked the clesnest but ETNZ looked bad ass in BDA, I think they missed the opportunity with SGP, AUS, JPN and CHN stand out i think the others look rather plain considering. 

I do care about top speed but also understand VMG and VMC. If you actually look into the detail and data in BDA ,for example, the best tacks were often artemis as they usually had the best VMC with the big slow turn and upwind glide, where as SBTJ, OR and ETNZ did alot more of the snap tacks that looked awesome but usually they had to come out low on course to establish flow but meant getting to speed faster, this does not mean all boats but ETNZ were going the wrong way faster mate. Its actually quite well established that ETNZ were faster in a strait line as the had boards with a larger elbow and more down sweep which converts to speed and i know for a fact that 3 teams were rushing to change the horizontal part of the board (30% of original board once if i remember correctly) just prior to the LV to try and catch the slippery kiwi's. 

by the way what are you calling the wrong direction? as you keep saying over and over?

"and ive always said that. ETNZ either had consistent 100% flytime laps through almost every race of the LV Challenger Final and Cup match.Those are also facts." - I actually think you dont quite understand the meaning of fact, facts are something you actually back up, In the qualifier round i can think of at least 3 races that they didnt 100% fly so that not almost every, FACTS out of what 10 races they lost 2, they lost 2 won 5 in the semi finals(one capsize) and they lost 2  won 5 in the final, and only lost 1 won 8 in the Cup proper.  lets do some FACTS. So 33 races sailed, and won a staggering 26(bloody awesome) that accounts for 7 losses and presumably(speculation) that the losses would be non 100% foilers, there for they were at 78% give or take assuming that they were 100% for every win. now if you want to talk final and cup only then lets do the fun fact thing again, 23 races sailed won again a staggering 18 so thats exactly 78% again, so Fact is Almost every race( in your world is 78%, ) maybe you almost understand everything i just said so give or take 22% went over your head ill let it slide. 

and one more point and this isnt saying that your wrong but maybe you can somewhat consider that a professional team that had 2/3 years training for said 33 races(on the back of 34) probably should have had some 100% fly times in 35. as should had the other 5 teams, with the talent of the other teams in 35 with 2/3 years training full time also not mastering 100% fly times and some teams didnt even get 1 race full flying how would one expect new teams to go strait into full 100% fly races? maybe wussel did hype it up too much and the poor guys racing the boats just couldnt get there, but look how bloody awesome guys like Phil, billy and dylan went having never sailed an AC50 let alone an F50 and only having somewhat 2/3 weeks in the boat. and also you know Phil is a kiwi right? ad going off your general ranting how bloody good everything kiwi is(excluding russel and core) shouldnt you be eating his ass as much as you do anything ETNZ? just saying. 

Can't be assed going back, but a while back, Stingray posted data which he claimed, showed "The faster boat lost the Americas Cup" 

5 hours ago, Justaquickone said:

"FFS Clarkey" If you don't like it then why don't you just go away and let the rest of us enjoy it .

FFS why do I have to go away for you to enjoy it? Why don't you go away and enjoy it? smh

On 2/16/2019 at 8:34 AM, terrafirma said:

I was surprised by how much faster Slingsby was than the Jap's. More time in the boat for TS than NO? Take his first race failure out and he won every race after that easily. Surprising thought it might have been closer. To improve I think we need a better lead commentator and a little more breeze and a closer field IMO. 

The Slingsby/Langford combination is undoubtedly very strong. Sling is a talent. Its a wonder that American Magic dont make him an offer.

The difference with Team japan is that Team Australia had a crew of 5/5 experienced AC sailors with 100s of days experience in the AC50 all from Australia.  Team Japan had 3/5 experienced AC sailors with time on the AC50 from Artemis and 2/5 sailors with time on AC50s from Team japan.  The resumes from both boats looked stronger than the other teams but Australia looked a touch stronger ..and so it proved to be.

2 hours ago, Mambo Kings said:

The Slingsby/Langford combination is undoubtedly very strong. Sling is a talent. Its a wonder that American Magic dont make him an offer.

The difference with Team japan is that Team Australia had a crew of 5/5 experienced AC sailors with 100s of days experience in the AC50 all from Australia.  Team Japan had 3/5 experienced AC sailors with time on the AC50 from Artemis and 2/5 sailors with time on AC50s from Team japan.  The resumes from both boats looked stronger than the other teams but Australia looked a touch stronger ..and so it proved to be. 

All the AC teams have better and/or more experienced skippers and helmsmen. Hell even JS has struggled a bit.

Slingers was probably offered gigs in lesser positions on those teams but he probably wanted to be a skipper or helmsman (fair enough) and it's likely the SGP money was better than AC money for him - LE will be paying through the nose to keep him.

Would have been an easy decision, especially if you've drunk your team's koolaide for a few years too... And then the team principles proffer the SGP dream.

On 2/14/2019 at 9:25 AM, dogwatch said:

OK, similar space to ACWS, which makes sense. That fitted onto what is now the Ineos base, which would be a similar distance away. Or there might be space in E  Cowes. Anyone remember where ESS used to be based when there was a Cowes event?

It absolutely didn’t, they used a section of the naval dockyards for the team bases, I put the access pontoon structure in.

it was not at the ex BAR now INEOS base 

Its almost as if Ellison felt he owed Slingsby after he gave Spithill the skipper role back to Spithill in Bermuda. Slingsby has undeniably been turned into the "Hero" of the SailGP series.

Maybe a rival to Peter Burling who is undoubtedly the young gun of the Americas Cup. 

55 minutes ago, rh2600 said:

Slingers was probably offered gigs in lesser positions on those teams but he probably wanted to be a skipper or helmsman (fair enough) 

Plus I believe him (call me naïve, but I don't think he is an inveterate liar) when he goes on about  wanting to sail for Australia at long last.  Being a local hero can't hurt if he tries to put together an AC challenge next time around. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, KiwiJoker said:

Aw, c'mon!  That's not what I said.  My exact quote was "Drones can clearly handle close ups but during racing all we saw were long shots."

It should be possible through software to set an altitude limit 15 or 20 feet above mast height.  

I expect to see tighter and more dramatic footage as the producers explore the limits of their tools. 

Sorry mate, didn't mean to miss quote you, and I didn't quote you. I got your point.

My point was that even tho drones can get close, fleet racing is not something you would want to get amongst in a drone. And the high angle shot you mention is cool but not as compelling as a water level shot according to other posts on here as well.

Some cuts to on board would be good to create some immediacy, can't remember if there were many but I don't think so.

I was disappointed there were not more wide shots showing the over all tactical situation rather that just a drone over a boat for 15 sec.

I was frankly a bit underwhelmed, but as you say let them warm up to their task, not be good at it out of the gate. Was just the hype that led me to expect a professional result.

4 hours ago, Forourselves said:

FFS why do I have to go away for you to enjoy it? Why don't you go away and enjoy it? smh

Have you ever gone back and actually read your typical myopic responses that are so full of hate?  You don't have to go away, just grow up and try to change your reputation. 

1 hour ago, Herfy said:

Have you ever gone back and actually read your typical myopic responses that are so full of hate?  You don't have to go away, just grow up and try to change your reputation. 

Coming from the guy who shoots down everything about the next AC cycle every chance he gets. Hypocrite

6 hours ago, Forourselves said:

It really is Ground Hog Day with you .

Same Shit , different Day .

7 hours ago, barfy said:

Sorry mate, didn't mean to miss quote you, and I didn't quote you. I got your point.

My point was that even tho drones can get close, fleet racing is not something you would want to get amongst in a drone. And the high angle shot you mention is cool but not as compelling as a water level shot according to other posts on here as well.

Some cuts to on board would be good to create some immediacy, can't remember if there were many but I don't think so.

I was disappointed there were not more wide shots showing the over all tactical situation rather that just a drone over a boat for 15 sec.

I was frankly a bit underwhelmed, but as you say let them warm up to their task, not be good at it out of the gate. Was just the hype that led me to expect a professional result.

Slick coverage of this type of event will take some time to evolve. There needs to be 1 or 2 cameras on at least the top 3 boats, two or three drones (a high shot for overall position plus some closer shots), plus a couple on RIBs. Then a director who knows what's happening to show the right shot at the right moment, with some picture–in–picture for close passes and roundings. Then the commentators need to be clued up and coordinated with the director.

There is also quite a bit of logistics, each drone probably only has a useful flight time of 20mins, so maybe only 12 to 15 on the course. That's maybe 12 or 15 drones to manage to keep 3 on the course for 45 minutes of coverage. Then start counting heads for drone and camera operators, studio crew, one or two producers, commentators, networking and techies, etc., maybe 20 people? Now get them all working together with zero perceived glitches.

Those skills aren't readily available and will only happen if a core production crew follows the circuit, which means either another bucket of cash, or average coverage.

To me, the high shots are critical to understanding what's happening. Close shots might be exciting to watch, but you can't see what they mean in overall position if you can't relate the marks to the boat heading. And with modern large screens, it should be simple to at least have a position–on–course graphic in one corner that shows overall positions of at least the leaders toward the next mark. Get some game UI/UX designers on the job and see what happens. :-)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Forourselves said:

The name is different again but the song remains the same . 

This is the event that you guaranteed would never get off the ground yet here you are still the number one poster.

You do realize that even your negative posts give the entire thread added momentum 

This must really be keeping you up at all hours :) 

I think the series could really differentiate itself from the ESS and other series by focusing more on short, 15 minute match racing. Personally I found the fleet racing over the weekend pretty "meh" and would like to see something along the lines of a fleet race on Friday to seed two pools with two rounds of match racing that day (each team races their pool mates twice).  The pool winners would then become the top seeds for the semis on Saturday vs the pool runners-up in a best of 3 series, with the final, 3rd place and losers bracket series also best of 3.  Might be too much content for the broadcast but would be a hell of a lot more interesting than watching Slingsby sail away from the fleet.

I must be getting old I didn't find 20min races too long. I was on the water on Friday near the bottom mark, the racing was great to watch even with Aus's dominance in the last two races, there was plenty of action given the differential between in the groove and parked after a splash down. 

My only disappointment was that a single final left it all over too quick. Like a knock out in round one, you don't feel like you got your moneys worth. 

12 hours ago, JALhazmat said:

It absolutely didn’t, they used a section of the naval dockyards for the team bases, I put the access pontoon structure in.

it was not at the ex BAR now INEOS base 

Thanks for the correction. IIRC I saw a boat being craned on the ex-BAR base but maybe I am mis-remembering. Was the pontoon structure you installed on the Portsmouth or Gosport side?

56 minutes ago, dogwatch said:

Thanks for the correction. IIRC I saw a boat being craned on the ex-BAR base but maybe I am mis-remembering. Was the pontoon structure you installed on the Portsmouth or Gosport side?

Sorry if my correction was a bit harsh!

it was in the basin next to the victory,  so a little further up river than the GB base, they were stored on floating moorings then craned into a key for loading out and after racing, the key walls had pontoon fixed to allow crew to get on and off and for the support boats 

We built pontoon down each side so each race boat couldn’t twist and move when  inplace  and not bump against the concrete dock sides 

Right next to where Hugh Jackman pulled that french ship in to dry dock. Same place that was used for the Volvo stopover and VX40s when they were merely in port entertainment. 

Was it the birth QE is now on, or the smaller spur to the south? More space than that available around INEOS base on Spice Island.

For the Cowes event getting the boat to the mainland would be logistically a step easier, but I'd guess they'd want an event base in or near cowes as it's a bit of treck from Soton or Porsmouth to the race area? I reckon Saunders Roe / Ventures  / the place with the big flag.  I'd assume that is where they'd go. I thought that was where the ESS when they had cowes week racing. 

Edit: event maps shows Saunders Roe as the technical area.

video of Ben and the boys pulling their boat out at the naval base: https://youtu.be/cyqURSNx-KY

12 hours ago, RobG said:

Slick coverage of this type of event will take some time to evolve. There needs to be 1 or 2 cameras on at least the top 3 boats, two or three drones (a high shot for overall position plus some closer shots), plus a couple on RIBs. Then a director who knows what's happening to show the right shot at the right moment, with some picture–in–picture for close passes and roundings. Then the commentators need to be clued up and coordinated with the director.

There is also quite a bit of logistics, each drone probably only has a useful flight time of 20mins, so maybe only 12 to 15 on the course. That's maybe 12 or 15 drones to manage to keep 3 on the course for 45 minutes of coverage. Then start counting heads for drone and camera operators, studio crew, one or two producers, commentators, networking and techies, etc., maybe 20 people? Now get them all working together with zero perceived glitches.

Those skills aren't readily available and will only happen if a core production crew follows the circuit, which means either another bucket of cash, or average coverage.

To me, the high shots are critical to understanding what's happening. Close shots might be exciting to watch, but you can't see what they mean in overall position if you can't relate the marks to the boat heading. And with modern large screens, it should be simple to at least have a position–on–course graphic in one corner that shows overall positions of at least the leaders toward the next mark. Get some game UI/UX designers on the job and see what happens. :-)

One of the things that I missed was an indication of the what true wind was doing on the course and how it affected the "ladder rungs". That telemetry was nice when watching the old AC stuff.

1 hour ago, Mozzy Sails said:

Right next to where Hugh Jackman pulled that french ship in to dry dock. Same place that was used for the Volvo stopover and VX40s when they were merely in port entertainment. 

Was it the birth QE is now on, or the smaller spur to the south? More space than that available around INEOS base on Spice Island.

For the Cowes event getting the boat to the mainland would be logistically a step easier, but I'd guess they'd want an event base in or near cowes as it's a bit of treck from Soton or Porsmouth to the race area? I reckon Saunders Roe / Ventures  / the place with the big flag.  I'd assume that is where they'd go. I thought that was where the ESS when they had cowes week racing. 

Edit: event maps shows Saunders Roe as the technical area.

video of Ben and the boys pulling their boat out at the naval base: https://youtu.be/cyqURSNx-KY

Just here with the flag. 

94D8D043-BE7E-4050-B8B0-5B5D7B67AF19.png

17 hours ago, RobG said:

I agree that this coverage needs time to develop, but the production in Sydney was a bit of a budget operation compared to AC35. The broadcast in Bermuda was excellent from day 1. Slightly easier with only two boats to focus on I guess, although at times that could be a split of a km :P

Larry is spending a lot of money but clearly not a blank cheque.

3 hours ago, Sea Breeze 74 said:

I agree that this coverage needs time to develop, but the production in Sydney was a bit of a budget operation compared to AC35. The broadcast in Bermuda was excellent from day 1. Slightly easier with only two boats to focus on I guess, although at times that could be a split of a km :P

Larry is spending a lot of money but clearly not a blank cheque.

Agreed... slick coverage of this type of event has been occurring for years in AC so I'm not sure what the basis is for giving SGP a pass, other than funding?

So sales are starting soon for San Francisco tickets.  They are building on excitement from Sydney.   This thread?  

I am a bit of a drone head, but RobG does point out a weakness in the idea of drone coverage being battery life.

The chopahh was high, stable, and able to stay on station for long periods in 34 and 35. It was also used,I believe, as part of the tracking system to make the graphics "stick" to the shot in the important wide CG enhanced tactical shots.

Drone may have different height restriction than the chopper. 

We'll certainly see how it pans out, hopefully some creative thinking will let the show evolve over the next year.

1 hour ago, barfy said:

I am a bit of a drone head, but RobG does point out a weakness in the idea of drone coverage being battery life.

The chopahh was high, stable, and able to stay on station for long periods in 34 and 35. It was also used,I believe, as part of the tracking system to make the graphics "stick" to the shot in the important wide CG enhanced tactical shots.

Drone may have different height restriction than the chopper. 

We'll certainly see how it pans out, hopefully some creative thinking will let the show evolve over the next year.

Drones are usually limited to 120 metres in altitude. They may seek permission to fly higher but with choppers in the area I doubt they would be allowed. 

Well if the laws are at all like other counties, and I'm not sure what they are, but usually a 4-6 km buffer to heli and air field, as well as 400ft in restricted airspace im sure they were I'm that..

Not gonna find the Volvo med shot from 50ft altitude.

They really need to get these boats bristling with camera feeds and get down where the action is.

4 hours ago, barfy said:

They really need to get these boats bristling with camera feeds and get down where the action is.

Not sure I agree. 70-80% of the time i want to be seeing the wider picture, the race is happening against other boats, not within one boat. Replays of tacks and gybes plus the occasional bit of grinding is enough to remind me there are humans on the the boats and the effort they're making. 

I reckon they've missed a trick in not having camera's mounted in the marks. It's the mark rounding where I think the mid-level fixed shot is good

Post race is more the of the time to highlight boat handling slips in slo-mo. 

I thought the production was pretty good. What they were missing, and where you possibly have to give them a little slack is in building the narrative. Overtime they will get to know the commentary talking points, key aspects to analyse, strengths and weaknesses, rivalries, in jokes etc. It was clear Ed (from snowboard / ski sunday fame) was trying to be enthusiastic and the rest were hitting the key 'redefined' talking points but it felt a little formulated; probably because it was. Hopefully through the season(s) this will be replaced with more genuine discussion and analysis. 

Basically you want a mix of tech they have currently, with the more personal / genuine interest and self-referential commentary that the 18 league has. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mozzy Sails said:

Not sure I agree. 70-80% of the time i want to be seeing the wider picture, the race is happening against other boats, not within one boat.

Yes. I want to see the chess game playing out, shots from the boats don't add much, nor do shots of a single boats which we had too much of.

^^

Yup, these were basically my points as well..., and most other folks too.

Need to get a drone loaded with batteries, way up the end to get the tactical shot, cut with some action close ups. The mark cameras would be cool as well.

The split screen didn't do it for me, especially on the small screen. Especially when screen real estate wasted on the poor commentators.

Hope they are reading this a bit...not wasting as much time as us tho.. :)

4 hours ago, dogwatch said:

Yes. I want to see the chess game playing out, shots from the boats don't add much, nor do shots of a single boats which we had too much of.

They seem to be going for the same vacuous demographic that Formula 1 is trying to get. It seems that whether or not this demographic really exists or not my two favorite sports are being dumbed down in hopes all the mindless idiots that may or may not exist will spend all their money on the shiny trinkets they see on their tiny screens. Or maybe I am missing something?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pusslicker said:

will spend all their money on the shiny trinkets they see on their tiny screens. Or maybe I am missing something?

There are some shiny $710 jackets and $140 hoodies for sale.  Too expensive for me.  I will try to trade a Mt.Gay cap from Craiglist for one of the $65 Sail GP caps.

Down loaded the app with no problems , but had to many commitments last weekend to watch the sailing live . Have managed to watch replay of the first day but can't seem to get 2nd days replay up .  Is it up for viewing  ?