Sign in to follow this  
WANDERLUST

J105 PROPELLER

Martec folding prop is a class abiding prop.  Does yours need to be?

I heard Martec closed their Long Beach facility and moved to Arizona. I don't think they are manufacturing their eliptical prop any more and only doing repairs. (Could be wrong, but that is what I remember reading somewhere) I haven't worked with them for at least 6 years. Loved their product and customer service. Maybe someone on SA has had recent contact and knows the details of their status or scope of services.

On 2/11/2019 at 3:50 PM, SailMoore1 said:

I heard Martec closed their Long Beach facility and moved to Arizona. I don't think they are manufacturing their eliptical prop any more and only doing repairs. (Could be wrong, but that is what I remember reading somewhere) I haven't worked with them for at least 6 years. Loved their product and customer service. Maybe someone on SA has had recent contact and knows the details of their status or scope of services.

As of 2 or 3 years back (when I had mine refurbed), Martec no longer sold new Elliptical folders.  Best check to confirm if they are still doing refurbs.

FWIW, Martec is in the repair and refurbishing business now.  We had to get a replacement last year and they sold us a refurbished one for $900.  They were very good to work with and helped immensely through a ridiculous cascading UPS screw-up.  In our case one of the tines broke off the replacement prop due to unknown cause.  Martec replaced the hub at no charge (we were able to save the blades).