Mrleft8

The nice things people on SA do.

I just rescued a cat that was shoved out of a car at the local gas station.

I sat and thunk on it fer a bit...

But eventually , I said to my self..... I said "Self.... If they shoved that cat out of the car, did they really want it to come home?"

And  my inner self said "NO"..

So tomorrow that lil cat is going to the vet to get checked out, get spayed, or neutered if it need that, and checked for kidney and other kitty diseases...

It's a beautiful little long hair gray cat.... It has no meow.... Justa kind of rasp.

It has claws but does'nt present them.

I wonder if she/he was a howler, and had her/his vocal chords removed.

It's not a kitten.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

But eventually , I said to my self..... I said "Self.... If they shoved that cat out of the car, did they really want it to come home?"

So tomorrow that lil cat is going to the vet to get checked out, get spayed, or neutered if it need that, and checked for kidney and other kitty diseases...

It's a beautiful little long hair gray cat.... It has no meow.... Justa kind of rasp.

It's not a kitten.

Did you get their license number so you can track them down and do some seriously nasty shit to them?

People like that should be put down.

• Like 4

Just now, SloopJonB said:

Did you get their license number so you can track them down and do some seriously nasty shit to them?

People like that should be put down.

No. I just showed up about 10 minutes later, and the girl, and the guy who work the store told me the story about the little gray kitty that came running up to me asking for love..... I called them back 2 hours later and asked if the kitty was still there....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

It's not a kitten.

Nice! I have two cats now, both rescues. One came up to the house, scratched at the back door, when my wife went to look for where the noise was coming from, in walked the cat which my then 3 yo promptly named Toulouse after one of the kittens in the "Aristocats" his favorite movie. Our dog, also a rescue. My mom who retired and now lives with us, 2 dogs and 1 cat, all rescues. It is a good thing. 

Don't declaw it, just get stuff for it to scratch.  My cat was abandoned so sorta feral at first, she has never ruined anything and knows what stuff is hers. Of course she started with my rescue dog (now passed) and so learned good dog stuff....

I’m a sucker for cats but the current occupant has drawn the line on any additions.  He’s a big guy 18# and long but when I brought home a 6 month old kitten he just totally freaked out.  The little guy was unfazed but back he went,  he had a great personality and I’m sure he got adopted.

Steven Seagal had a good bit about that sort of thing in one of his movies. Early in the flick he saw some lowlife dump a puppy out of a car so he kept it. At the end of the movie he spots the lowlife and confronts him. The guy is a fat slob tough guy so Seagal kicks the obligatory shit out of him - then the pup goes over and lifts his leg over the creeps face. :lol:

cats, this is weird.

Somebody knew somebody else which resulted in a kitten being dropped off in the beginning of the snow.

Jack is a good babysitter.

We got through snow (big surprise for them) & delivered kitty to new family.

4 inches of snow. Street Plow windrow is 10 inches   I cleared the windriow for 5 neighbors. Went to both daughters houses. Cleared snow for their neighbors too. Didn't  manage to catch a fucking cat in the snowblower at any location.... Maybe next storm.

25 minutes ago, warbird said:

4 inches of snow. Street Plow windrow is 10 inches   I cleared the windriow for 5 neighbors. Went to both daughters houses. Cleared snow for their neighbors too. Didn't  manage to catch a fucking cat in the snowblower at any location.... Maybe next storm.

A thread about kindness to animals was just begging for an asshole to show up. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, benwynn said:

A thread about kindness to animals was just begging for a moronic asshole to show up. 

FIFY

8 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Steven Seagal had a good bit about that sort of thing in one of his movies. Early in the flick he saw some lowlife dump a puppy out of a car so he kept it. At the end of the movie he spots the lowlife and confronts him. The guy is a fat slob tough guy so Seagal kicks the obligatory shit out of him - then the pup goes over and lifts his leg over the creeps face. :lol:

This...the same guy that drove a tank through a wall and killed a puppy on a reality show with Joe Arpaio...

• Like 1

Yeah, well.....there is that. :D

Still, it WAS a good bit. Unfortunately it was too long ago for the loser to have been wearing a red hat.

Cat sitting. I feed the Lord of the House his WARM food Mixture (!) indoors then a whole bunch of dry food to the half dozen feral vagrants that show up at dusk.

Gots me a pileated woodpecker here too.

My wife cracked up the vet and me once - our dog wasn't doing well and the vet said we should try feeding him kidney.

She said "I wouldn't know how to prepare it". :D

Much eye rolling ensued