On 10/19/2020 at 4:53 PM, Windward said:

Having spent many years living among Cantonese, this is damn funny. Especially being so upset he needs to take his foot off the chair.

• Like 1

Browser security filter has been set on 'moderate,' and all Trump-related YouTube podcasts are now blocked. Were that also an option for Twitter and Facebook (sigh). Oh, and the Dodgers won 8–3 in Game 1. Just finished making rainbow trout croquettes for brunch tomorrow; Himself went fishing today. Just saying.

Some nice Rainbow trout Himself caught today.jpg

Ok, uncle rodger is fucking hilarious...and I would eat aunty Hersha's fried rice all day long without comment!  Haiya! Freeyo!

Spatchcocked chicken supper done Mediterranean-style in a cast iron skillet tonight. In a few minutes they'll be tearing the poor avian apart like animals that the are. I'll be going on deck for fresh air right soon.

Spatchcocked chicken done Mediterranean-style in a cast iron skillet.jpg

• Like 3

I've been experimenting with my new 10inch aluminum dutch oven, working up meals for river trips. Cooking on coals here at home just like we would on a trip.

Did the huckleberry cobbler awhile ago.

Just took lasagne off the coals. It's resting now but certain it will suffice.

20201101_173738.jpg

Was out fishing with the nephew and son and we caught a bunch of bluefish. They have not had bluefish before and were very interested in cooking them up for dinner. I had heard that smoked bluefish was more edible then other preparations so we thought we give it a try. Brined the fillets overnight and then 2.5 hours on hickory smoke last evening. Was definitely better than simply grilled but still not a fan . . . neither were the boys.

26 minutes ago, Son of a Sailor said:

Was definitely better than simply grilled but still not a fan . . . neither were the boys.

Fishe Tacos?

10 hours ago, Son of a Sailor said:

Was out fishing with the nephew and son and we caught a bunch of bluefish. They have not had bluefish before and were very interested in cooking them up for dinner. I had heard that smoked bluefish was more edible then other preparations so we thought we give it a try. Brined the fillets overnight and then 2.5 hours on hickory smoke last evening. Was definitely better than simply grilled but still not a fan . . . neither were the boys.

Nice and oily...bluefish is right up there with King Mackerel for Thai fishcakes in our house...

54 minutes ago, Grabbler said:

Nice and oily...bluefish is right up there with King Mackerel for Thai fishcakes in our house...

Oily and strong flavor. Not the fish to eat if you don’t “like” fish.”  My dad and uncles used to stuff the body cavity with crabmeat and then  bake it topped with sliced onions and tomato sauce.  Pretty decent as I remember it from decades ago.

Fresh local cooked tiger prawns, avocado, cucumber, cherry tomato, perfect lettuce, with the mayo/tomato sauce/lemon/dijon mustard/chives sauce on top.

With ice-cold beer and cookies 'n cream ice cream to follow. It's been damn hot here.

Did a pork butt. Sous Vide for 25 hours and then on the smoker for 4 hours. Tender and tasty. DA85AD74-EA58-4179-951C-6050215E9477.jpeg.824c3903c5f76b866b62394e565ee72b.jpeg

leftoveres porke chops, brusselle sprouttes, and quinwoa;

diced porke choppes, sautede in avacado oil, peppere, garlic,  & gingere.  Ounce sizzleng add veg. & quinwoa.  Add a tblspn olligo syrrup and warme thorouhley.

Beste leftoveres evere!                        :)

I usually do pretty well translating, but need some help with olligo syrrup

30 minutes ago, tybee said:

probably either Alaga or Oligo syrup but who knows...

Yes, oligo rice                     :)

ricesyrup_img.jpg

The bride is from southern New Mexico, so tonight is 2-3 layer flat green chile chicken enchiladas with a sunny side egg on top. I think I'll warm up with a dark and stormy here in a few. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chester said:

I feel like pan frying a big ol' steak in Austin's honour.  :(

Do it.............               :)

Reubens using a venison pastrami...cured and cold smoked a couple months back...pulled from freezer and grilled then steamed...add home fermented kraut, Swiss, and Russian dressing...the rest of it has a date with Madame Guillotine for sandwiches this week...

20201026_194927.jpg

20201026_200039.jpg

• Like 2