Sign in to follow this  
Bob Perry

ADA wheel chair compliant project

Wrapping up the first phase of this project. It's been a fun challenge and we still have problems to solve. But the big problems are well defined and solved,,,,,for now. I'm assuming there will be lots of changes in the next round of design. The client's wife is in a chair and we have worked very closely to see that she gets what she wants on this boat. It may not be what everyone wants but that was never the target. I have one client.

Will Porter, my ex-intern and Solent School graduate, now doing design work at the Jim Betts yard, has been working with me on the 3D models.

46190058185_de89dffccb_h.jpg5 by robert perry, on Flickr

33228685458_09fcdbb67c_h.jpg2 by robert perry, on Flickr

• Like 7

This is going to be a great thread! I’m impressed by Terri’s desire to get out sailing again so she can enjoy her life the way she always has. This project will also make it MUCH easier for people with disabilities to realize that they too can continue doing what they love or dream of doing one day. 

• Like 4

Talk to Meatwad

• Like 1

Here is the layout. A couple of notes:

ABS accoms are all in the amas.

Wheelers have full acces to everything on the single main level.

Those big circles you see on the plan drawing are the ADA required 60" dia, circle you need to turn a chair around.

Head geometry shows ADA requirement to the able to mount the head from the side.

Forward cockpit is in a "drop nose" area in order to give the best visibility forward for when a wheeler is driving.

Much time was spent studying some other successful wheel chair oriented boats. My client has had a lot of communication with the skipper of IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. He has been kind enough to go over with us what works on ID and what does not work on ID. That has helped a lot.

32162111077_2a1e6ae10b_b.jpgSpeidel fin gen 2-15-19 by robert perry, on Flickr

• Like 2

I like it, Bob. Other than being ADA compliant what's the functional objective for the vessel's use, local cruising or something more ambitious? 

Casc:

Maybe this will help explain:

I grew up spending summers at my family’s rustic cabin on Hidden Bay in Lake Chatcolet, Idaho.  It floated on logs and barrels; the sound of the waves and rocking rhythms are one of my primal comforting memories.  Love of the water and its activities, especially sailing, is one of the main areas of interest that I share with my husband.  Our retirement dream was to sail and cruise the San Juan Islands together.  We worked hard for it and almost put it together when I got sick.  Two years ago, I suffered from an autoimmune disease of unknown origin which left me neurologically damaged and unable to walk.  Confinement to a wheelchair put an end to our dreams and left me with little opportunity to connect with the water. The design process for the sailboat has been amazing.  Having a group of talented, problem solving people led by you focusing on understanding the physical environment from my perspective (confined to a wheelchair) is a dream come true.   The resulting design solutions will support my ability to take care of my neurological condition on the sailboat.  It empowers me to once again go cruising with my husband and family as a fully contributing crew member.  It provides me with a path to restore my connection with the water.  Look for me flying kites from the stern of the sailboat in the glorious summer sun of the Salish Sea and San Juan Islands.  Steve and I are eager to share this opportunity with others challenged with mobility issues to reconnect with the healing powers of the sea. We want to name the boat “Empowerment” with your blessing. 

Thank you from the bottom of my heart Bob! 

Terri  

• Like 3

Bob, what is the reasoning for the twin ladders to the cabin top rather than just one?

Just as an aside, this thread reminded me of a posting a while back. It discussed a racing boat owned by a guy in a chair. The crew rigged up some sort of track setup for him - a kind of traveller - and they would "tack" him when they tacked the boat. :D

30 minutes ago, VWAP said:

Talk to Meatwad

Don't talk to me, I'm a grumpy old sailor that used to do it and can't do it the way he used to. Besides my right shoulder hurts a lot now. Probably from pushing it right from the day I hit rehab.

Personally I want a boat that has wider side decks. I do like the Multi aspect of it though.  If I were getting a big boat, it would have side decks so I could get forward instead of having to open the main Salon. But I would want the option and maybe it would need a front porch type opening so the main salon would never be open when someone enters or exits the front porch.

I do not have the $$$ anyway.

Here is a photo from the 80's on board a Peterson 42, I think, with Bill Daffron at Long Beach RW when it was a real hotbed for IOR.
I'm in the blue shorts trimming something. as we come into the leeward mark.
I used to do it really I did..

1649129625_Kayakdaffron.jpg.c58621bb07dcb293318d5bb03c53ad38.jpg

• Like 3

Meat:

I like that idea aka a forward "mudroom". But this boat is designed for the PNW not offshore. Still, I'll keep it in mind. Don;t think I have the LOA to make that work.

If I wanted wheel chair compliant side decks I would need a lot more beam unless I wanted to give up accommodations. My client wanted me to keep a handle on the overall size of the boat. I did not have internal volume to spare so the side decks are minimal.

Jon:

Why two ladders? Because the client asked for two. I had drawn one originally.

95% of your questions can be answered with, "Because that's what the client wants."

Tacking? This is a cat. Max Rm will be about 11 degs. I don't think tacking will create many problems.

Very cool. Its got to be quite the experience driving from the front of the boat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bob Perry said:

Jon:

Why two ladders? Because the client asked for two. I had drawn one originally.

95% of your questions can be answered with, "Because that's what the client wants."

I realize that - you regularly make it abundantly clear to everyone - but there must have been some reason or logic behind the request.

Meat:

I like that idea aka a forward "mudroom". But this boat is designed for the PNW not offshore. Still, I'll keep it in mind. Don;t think I have the LOA to make that work.

If I wanted wheel chair compliant side decks I would need a lot more beam unless I wanted to give up accommodations. My client wanted me to keep a handle on the overall size of the boat. I did not have internal volume to spare so the side decks are minimal.

Bob, a way left field  idea that you probably don't have space for re mud room but I'll throw it out there anyway...can't hurt....would a custom fitted revolving door have merit?

Wheel in backwards from salon, rotate, face forward in cockpit w no need to mess with traditional door from chair. No need to wheel backwards when re entering salon, just rotate and wheel forward to re enter salon.

Could work w hydraulics w fully manual (from the chair) over ride.

Something tubular and transparent... something like this(elevator)(but rotates)..but shorter and if possible conforming the dimensions of the salon and forward cockpit...

IMG_0935.thumb.PNG.9c6212536248713d56c33f4a9716e24f.PNG

Fuffer:

Yes, I can see that working. I'll have to think about water tightness a bit. I hate to give up any sq footage in the cockpit though. I'l talk to the client about it. I'll send him that photo.

For the mainsheet I plan on using the Italian Cariboni, inside the boom hydraulic system.

• Like 1

Good to see adaptive design.

We used to bring my (para) late 2nd wife aboard with a lifting tackle, so she could lock her chair, slide a bosun's seat under, hook up, haul herself high enough to clear the lifelines and then pull on a preventer line to get aboard.

As we were daysailing we didn't worry about getting below, though with the old Nauticat 33, there would have been enough room in the pilot house, would have probably rigged a sliding traveler beam on the ceiling, Never got to dealing with dinghy transfer, though the Royal Navy used to be able to handle a chair on a whip for the older flag officers... 

Lioness:

That's the way Terri has been boarding the boat now with her chair. But she is lowered below and stays there. She would prefer to be more involved in operating the boat. That's what I am after here.

Jon:

I'll ask the client why two ladders. But I suspect he'll say, "Because I want two."

• Like 1

Meat:

24 minutes ago, fufkin said:

Bob, a way left field  idea that you probably don't have space for re mud room but I'll throw it out there anyway...can't hurt....would a custom fitted revolving door have merit?

Wheel in backwards from salon, rotate, face forward in cockpit w no need to mess with traditional door from chair. No need to wheel backwards when re entering salon, just rotate and wheel forward to re enter salon.

Could work w hydraulics w fully manual (from the chair) over ride.

Something tubular and transparent... something like this(elevator)(but rotates)..but shorter and if possible conforming the dimensions of the salon and forward cockpit...

IMG_0935.thumb.PNG.9c6212536248713d56c33f4a9716e24f.PNG

18 minutes ago, Bob Perry said:

Fuffer:

Yes, I can see that working. I'll have to think about water tightness a bit. I hate to give up any sq footage in the cockpit though. I'l talk to the client about it. I'll send him that photo.

For the mainsheet I plan on using the Italian Cariboni, inside the boom hydraulic system.

I was thinking of sliding multi pane door with some kind of outside shutters for nasty weather for safety.

But above all the KISS principle is paramount.

• Like 2

Id want both ladders too to get to the mast while the boat is on either tack. Wheres the boom sheeted to, track forward of the ladders?

• Like 1

Mark:

No, internal in the boom Cariboni system, push button.

Unwashed:

We have been communicating with the skipper of IMPOSSIBLE DREAM since he start of the project, He has been most helpful.

He has been telling us what works and what on ID does not work. That is very valuable information,.

Here you go Jon, Just for you and straight from my client:

The 2 ladder consideration is two fold:

1. I get to race my grandkids to topsides
  2. Depending where the boom is, you may want the option to be able to go up to windward w/out interference.....
  3. ...........and it looks cool to keep the symmetry.
  4. You are going to get ABS that want to sightsee, sun bath, and fly kites from up there. This way they have options.
  • Like 3

Bob, great work here! And congrats to you for being selected to do it.

Is accessible boarding envisioned through a gangway onto the rear deck or are the davits also a loading mechanism?

Also is there any vertical path to get to the lower level? Maybe the davit rotates and can serve as vertical lift?

You are breaking new ground here!

GTIM:

Thanks. No, wheelies will be restricted to the main deck level. No need for the to go down into the amas. the Accommodations in the amas are spartan. My plan was to give the wheelies the first class ride. The ABS can make do with much tighter sleeeping quarters.

Boarding aft will be with p&s retracting passerelles. At this point I'm not sure how we will do this. But, I have looked at passerelle systems and there are lots of options available off the shelf. It's a major component for mega yachts. We'll make something work.

Mark:

The reverse sheer is to get headroom down in the amas where I need it. But I think it looks good. Looks strong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob Perry said:

Here you go Jon, Just for you and straight from my client:

The 2 ladder consideration is two fold:

1. I get to race my grandkids to topsides
  2. Depending where the boom is, you may want the option to be able to go up to windward w/out interference.....
  3. ...........and it looks cool to keep the symmetry.
  4. You are going to get ABS that want to sightsee, sun bath, and fly kites from up there. This way they have options.

Cheers.

All very valid.

I spend a fair amount of time with people who need wheelchairs, walkers etc. Many ADA accommodations for them are more afterthoughts than real design, even in modern buildings with lots of available square feet. To accomplish true access in a boat is a real challenge. I am sure you are up to the task.

It looks like there will be two cabins with wheelchair accommodations. I suspect this gives the owner a choice of view and the possibility of bringing freinds or family with mobility challenges as well. Was there any thought of one large master instead with even more room to maneuver?

A final comment, 6 heads is a lot in a 52 footer. The plumber may be the most valuable person on this project!

Pretty cool looking - we're friends with the skipper of Impossible Dream, and we had dinner on board a few years ago up in Maine when we crossed paths in Camden.  Think it's awesome you're learning from the issues with that boat - I know when we visited they were having a lot of issues with the daggerboards and a number of the lifts.  ID has side decks and a pretty low freeboard, which looks really good and is probably fast, but the interior of the two amas is very low - designed for someone in a chair.   Even at 5'2 my wife had to hunch over.  Looking forward to seeing this boat on the water!

Mark:

The reverse sheer is to get headroom down in the amas where I need it. But I think it looks good. Looks strong.

The reverse sheer works.  Sort of reminds me of Polynesian Concept.

• Like 1

hdra:

The skipper of IMPOSSIBLE DREAM has been the most help telling us what has no worked well. That's is tough information to get.

I have never considered daggerboards for this cat. I have no idea how deep I;'ll go on draft. Need to do some VPP work first. Maybe 5' maybe 5'6" Don't know. Given the mission I'm not sure it's important. I should not think like that. Shame on me. It's been a long three weeks.

3 hours ago, Bob Perry said:

Boarding aft will be with p&s retracting passerelles

The way the Sydney Harbour fast ferries do it is pretty good. They are in use dozens of times per day.

Just some light carbon fiber cored plank with a bit of arch to them.

high side lips to keep chairs aboard.

Thin UHMW wear strip at outboard end.

Trailer ball mounted on underside of plank on the boat end

Almost flush socket for ball to drop into near the sheer.

So light that one person can drag them onto the dock, drop the ball into the socket and you're ready to go. Skip the fancy hydraulics.

Optional - folding handrail on one or both sides. Depends on your passengers/crew and how balanced they are.

I like the idea of some sort of airlock to keep water out of the boat from a front cockpit. But in the PNW we seldom have wave action that would warrant it.

Not a bad idea for the Gunboat types though!

Draft - go as deep as you can Bob and keep the span as short as you dare. Shallow cat mini keels suck for windward work

Lots of depth here.

Zonks:

I get your point but "span" is the vertical depth of the fin. "Chord" is the horizontal length of the fin. I have increased span and the draft to 5' and shortened the chord.   I have been pondering what to do with draft but waiting to do some VPP work before deciding. 

46387899994_98b41cf63a_b.jpgSpeidel SAILING SP 16 by robert perry, on Flickr                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

21 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Bob, what is the reasoning for the twin ladders to the cabin top rather than just one?

Just as an aside, this thread reminded me of a posting a while back. It discussed a racing boat owned by a guy in a chair. The crew rigged up some sort of track setup for him - a kind of traveller - and they would "tack" him when they tacked the boat. :D

IIRC, that was one of the AUS maxis or supermaxis and the seat was designed into the boat because the owner was elderly but still wanted to go racing. Hey, he was writing the cheques so it was his call. I think that there was even a crew member who's only job was tacking the owner.

• Like 1

So now it’s a full width step molded into the aft decking. Plenty of room now!

• Like 1

Beer:

I'd like to talk the client into an additional 18" of LOA but you know how clients are about LOA. I'd add all that 18" onto the lower step so it's more of a platform than just a step. I can;t slide the steps forward because that would intrude on the area I have saved for the boarding ramp system.

I can understand that he wants to keep the length under control, but he’s only doing this once and that extra area that you’re talking about seems pretty important to the ABS getting to work around the dinghy. If they’re doing extended cruising in the San Juan Islands there’s a lot of loading and unloading of gear, etc. at the dock and mooring plus when the dinghy is deployed the platforms would make it much easier to maneuver. It  might come back to haunt them if they don’t pony up and go big on this. 

I imagine one of the big modern motoryachts not having a large aft platform to accommodate loading etc., would make it look a little unfinished...

As folks age the concept of “universal” design is coming in to terrestrial architecture.  We bought a retirement condo, with first floor master suite, roll in shower etc, didn’t even think about it being “handicap” oriented. With Cats or Tri’s you’ve more chance of doing similar, making an aesthetically pleasing and functional design that doesn’t scream “disabled”. My late wife rode the tandem and drove a convertible Saab, because it didn’t make her look crippled. 

Hopefully a builder will see the market and. Commission a production version 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LionessRacing said:

Hopefully a builder will see the market and. Commission a production version

Yes, that would be nice. But everyone has their own take on how it should be done. My way is targeted to one client. I already got into one argument on FB with a guy in a chair who insisted I design the galley for "side to counter" cooking  I understand the benefits of this totally. Problem is my client does not want "side to counter" cooking. She wants to be square with the counter. This drove the other guy crazy. " I'll tell her what she wants!" The whole concept of "custom design and one off building escapes some people.

Beer:

As for LOA increase:

I will bring this up with the client. I'll make a case for the increase. But I will not dictate to my client what he must want.

I understand completely. You guys have it under control.

Just make sure you have plenty of counter space on both sides of the sink for Proa!!’ It’s not a little monohull;)

• Like 1

Plenty of space all around for preparing large meals on that yacht!

We just moved back into our home yesterday after 2 years in a 2 bedroom bungalow that had a tiny kitchen so cooking dinner last night and breakfast for the girls was a wonderful experience. Everything has a place and the space to work around. 

The girls couldn’t be happier!

37771034-63C7-42E4-92BC-42524834E087.jpeg

• Like 1

Yes, I do know the difference between span and chord. Proof reading my own words is not a strength!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a question. Since the aft deck door is likely to be well above the level of any dock, will any ramp/passarelle require somebody to assist Terri down a pretty steep ramp?

ADA compliant wheelchair slope angles are pretty tough to deal with - but if you have a willing helper and the person in the chair doesn't mind, it can be much easier.

Otherwise you need a ramp that runs alongside the hull longitudinally to keep the slope reasonable.

Imagine the poor person who has to design ADA ramps to get to the dock in Ketchikan AK. 25' tidal range x 1:12 slope = 300' ramp length. But you should have a rest platform or turn every 30' of ramp. So you need 9 rest platforms!  The ramp quickly gets to be a 1M project.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a fascinating project Bob! 

Zonk:

I started this project looking at the boarding plank options. Why draw a boat if the client can't get on it? I studied the ADA slope. I based the 5 degree slope on a 22" high dock, typical at most marinas.

I have now drawn a 25' ramp that can be deployed on either side that satisfies the ADA slope requirement for a range of dock heights.. There will NOT be a 300' ramp.  There will be reasonable limits.

I will also compare my ramp system to what is now commercially available and choose the best and most cost effective system.

32191494807_55b74724c5_h.jpgfinal render by robert perry, on Flickr

On 17 February 2019 at 1:51 AM, Black Sox said:

IIRC, that was one of the AUS maxis or supermaxis and the seat was designed into the boat because the owner was elderly but still wanted to go racing. Hey, he was writing the cheques so it was his call. I think that there was even a crew member who's only job was tacking the owner.

Wild Oats XI had a seat that was tacked

1 hour ago, Bob Perry said:

Zonk:

I started this project looking at the boarding plank options. Why draw a boat if the client can't get on it? I studied the ADA slope. I based the 5 degree slope on a 22" high dock, typical at most marinas.

I have now drawn a 25' ramp that can be deployed on either side that satisfies the ADA slope requirement for a range of dock heights.. There will NOT be a 300' ramp.  There will be reasonable limits.

I will also compare my ramp system to what is now commercially available and choose the best and most cost effective system.

32191494807_55b74724c5_h.jpgfinal render by robert perry, on Flickr

Hi Bob,

I did some trips on the Tenacious and Lord Nelson tall ships. They berthed in a variety of places with various height differences between the deck and the dock/quay. Sometimes the gangway slope was way outside any recommended slopes. For embarking wheelchairs up the gangway they would tie a heavy rope in a loop around the front verticals of the wheelchair and use the brute force of a few strong people to haul the chair up. Not elegant but it works. Intuitively, it seems easier to pull the chair up than to push it.

Would you consider a system like this for hauling the chair up the ramp, maybe using a powered winch instead of humans if you have a small crew or one that doesn't include beefy individuals? It would allow for a steeper, and therefore shorter, ramp/gangway. 

Just a thought...

Sox:

At this stage we will consider everything. But as realists we recognize that there will be places the boat cannot go and load and unload wheelers. I would suspect that in the ADA charter business the trip's ports will be chosen to assure their ability to get the crew on and off the boat. I like your idea of pulling the chair rather than pushing it. Maybe a winch located at the gate would work.

Did you consider a lifting platform on the transom rather than long ramp? Something like the platforms to go below on Impossible Dream. 

My son was paralyzed below the chest in a ski accident a couple of years ago. I have build a seat that allows him to drive my Express 37, but it's not ideal and he can't get below. And even if he could get below he could not access the head. My budget is no where close to what a 52 foot cat would cost. What do you think is the smallest boat that could be made wheelchair accessible for club racing and coastal cruising?

dworkman:

There is a 40' cat in the UK SPIRiT OF SCOTT BADER that has been very successful. That's where we got the forward cockpit idea. But the head is down in the ama so it requires a lift to access it. But apparently it works. It's a good looking boat and to my eye looks like it could be fun to race.

Check out:

mikewood@disabledsailing.org

There is a 40' cat in the UK SPIRiT OF SCOTT BADER that has been very successful. That's where we got the forward cockpit idea. But the head is down in the ama so it requires a lift to access it. But apparently it works. It's a good looking boat and to my eye looks like it could be fun to race.

http://disabledsailing.org/
http://disabledsailing.org/dsa web/scott bader/scott bader.html

13.jpg

https://netcomposites.com/news/2004/february/19/the-spirit-of-scott-bader/

The Spirit of Scott Bader

22 April 2003

The dream of a revolutionary new catamaran designed and built specifically for disabled people has been turned into reality thanks to Scott Bader, a business wholly-owned by its employees and a member of Co-operatives.

Launched in London on Saturday, April 19 the £238,000 boat was made possible by donation of almost £60,000 worth of polyester resins and employee-time from Scott Bader, a respected world-player in the supply of polymers, resins and coatings, with headquarters in Wollaston, Northamptonshire.

The construction of the 10.7m (35ft) catamaran called “Spirit of Scott Bader”, was co-ordinated by and for The Disabled Sailors Association. It will be used for day sailing, holidays and training for sailors with disabilities and is the first boat of its kind in the world.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/the-spirit-lives-on-as-gosport-based-catamaran-sails-again-1-3743489

3890779026.jpg.1c288d651ad2ba8b74e61c3fb93bec72.jpg

[April, 2012]

NEARLY a year ago the Spirit of Scott Bader, a disabled charity’s yacht, was left without a mast and ruined sails after she capsized in the annual Round the Island race. But today everything is ship-shape again after a £100,000 refit.
And now the Disabled Sailors Association is getting ready to take people back out on the water. The Gosport-based charity feared for the future of the yacht after the accident, but has been able to get her seaworthy again in time for her 10th anniversary.
The catamaran, which was designed and built by the charity, was leading her class in the race last June when she capsized in shallow water after hitting a submerged object. Fortunately no-one was injured in the incident – everyone was rescued safely by members of the Seaview Yacht Club who had been watching from the shore 500 yards away and were able to get to the crew quickly.

https://www.boatingbusiness.com/news101/industry-news/spirit-of-scott-bader-hits-submerged-object-and-capsizes-in-round-the-island-race

carousel2.jpg

http://www.sailabilityinternational.org/
"Wheelchair Accessible Yachts, Suitable Dinghies and other Equipment of Interest to Disabled Sailing"

8 hours ago, Bob Perry said:

Sox:

At this stage we will consider everything. But as realists we recognize that there will be places the boat cannot go and load and unload wheelers. I would suspect that in the ADA charter business the trip's ports will be chosen to assure their ability to get the crew on and off the boat. I like your idea of pulling the chair rather than pushing it. Maybe a winch located at the gate would work. A couple of turning blocks leading to an existing winch could also work, and save installing another winch for one purpose only.

Bob,

One thing that was occurred to me from my trips was that "Elf An' Safety" and stuff such as your ADA guidelines should support practical solutions rather than dictate impractical ones. (Hmm, I quite like that phrase.) That's more a philosophical observation, though.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2019 at 10:33 AM, Bob Perry said:

Beer:

That looks great. Your layout is almost identical to mine.  I don't have the island.

What make of fridge is that?

cabin galley.pdf

Samsung.

The first pic only loads sideways and the girls think you are some famous singer.

Now I can sit and have a cup of Columbia’s second finest export in the morning and check up on all my digital friends. And it has the special cameras that let you see how much food and beer is left!

9D69E1A5-F461-4DC4-896E-70C8A7D16D98.jpeg

94FBB0BE-FE2E-44B9-9785-5F45E09DEAD8.jpeg

911A2A78-7F54-4BAC-A9FB-3A5ED9E01D75.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

Samsung.

The first pic only loads sideways and the girls think you are some famous singer.

Now I can sit and have a cup of Columbia’s second finest export in the morning and check up on all my digital friends. And it has the special cameras that let you see how much food and beer is left!

911A2A78-7F54-4BAC-A9FB-3A5ED9E01D75.jpeg

That's awesome. You can stand in front of the fridge indecisively scratching yourself looking for a snack without even getting up from the couch.

Yup. iPhone app and you can use it at the store to check your digital shopping list or see if there is enough beer for friends. 

17 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

Yup. iPhone app and you can use it at the store to check your digital shopping list or see if there is enough beer for friends. 

It needs a little mini drone to look for moldy stuff in the back.

• Like 1

It actually has updates for the perishables you put in. It has so much stuff I haven’t gotten to. Too busy looking busy for the Mrs. this week. :(

She has found the Pandora app and I have had to listen to INXS and Simple minds all weekend. 

At least I found the web browser so I can cruise SA like a champ!

2 minutes ago, Bob Perry said:

Holy shit! My new fridge just keeps my milk cold.

lol                                :)

42 minutes ago, Bob Perry said:

Holy shit! My new fridge just keeps my milk cold.

That's all I want it to do. I really don't want to have to learn a 500 page manual to be able to use my fridge.

I don't want it to do my shopping for me or anything other than keep my food cold and not leak and destroy the room below.

Plug it in, fill it and that's it.

• Like 1

Then you are not my wife, SJB;)

I let her have anything inside and I get everything outside. Boats included!

1 hour ago, Sail4beer said:

It actually has updates for the perishables you put in. It has so much stuff I haven’t gotten to. Too busy looking busy for the Mrs. this week. :(

She has found the Pandora app and I have had to listen to INXS and Simple minds all weekend. 

At least I found the web browser so I can cruise SA like a champ!

Wait until you get flooded with ads telling you to buy products based on what's in there.

5 minutes ago, See Level said:

Wait until you get flooded with ads telling you to buy products based on what's in there.

Can you even install Ghostery on your fridge?

6 minutes ago, See Level said:

Then I’m gonna put some pics of bacon packs in there!

• Like 2

This is her new microwave oven. 

Its now down at a proper level for wheelers like Terri.

502FE6FF-47BC-4431-91DD-141CF0DFDDCE.jpeg

0D8A3EA4-DDE8-4B84-AE81-357AFC01D016.jpeg

• Like 1

" That's all I want it to do. I really don't want to have to learn a 500 page manual to be able to use my fridge.

I don't want it to do my shopping for me or anything other than keep my food cold and not leak and destroy the room below.

Plug it in, fill it and that's it."

A-fuckin-men to that!  I don't need no stinkin' features.

• Like 1

Beer:

I'd spend all afternoon looking for my tube steak in your kitchen.

I'd probably cook it in the dish washer.

But,,,, what I really like is the "no smudge" ss finish. This is life changing., I tried everything on the old fridge. I tried olive oil. I tried Vitalis! Nothing worked. The new no smudge finish is amazing..

• Like 1

I never knew about any of that techy stuff. Honest!

Her home was ruined 6 years ago in a storm and if that’s what she wants she can have it. I grew up in a hovel myself.

As long as I get those new sails for Mooeak this summer!

• Like 1

Challenging project, pull it off and it could be a specialty for you. (In building design you can't swing a door into the turning circle).

• Like 1