Sign in to follow this  
Dog

Jussie Smollett

Curious situation. 

A mix of trying to make a statement, artificially, and promote his fledgling career...…. one swing of the bat, and it's outta here!

While I do not mean to diminish how some folks feel regarding what they see as prejudice and overwhelming oppression...…. I hope his career is completely trashed. But as things go in LA, he probably will become a hot prospect for a couple months.

4 hours ago, Dog said:

fm57p2.jpg

How have you reached the conclusion that he is lying, and does his lying cause you to admire him more or less?

5 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Another thread?

Of course.  Did you think dog was going to wait for the police investigation to finish before he declared a nigger guilty?

• Downvote 1

43 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Of course.  Did you think dog was going to wait for the police investigation to finish before he declared a nigger guilty?

First off, would you kindly not use such an obscene pejorative.

Secondly, one of two things happened here. Either a guy he worked with on Empire decided he was gonna light this guy up OR they have conspired to pull some sort of BS.

Not a great deal of wiggle room there.

45 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Classy.

Did I miss something where it’s OK for the left to throw the word around here? It’s not the first time I’ve seen it.

Nothing to see here folks, just more progressive hypocrisy on parade. Move along.

• Like 2

@Ease the sheet. can toss the N word around because he's an edgy lefty.  If one of the posters on the right were to use it, the PA Lefty Circle Jerk would go INSANE.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2019 at 10:36 AM, BillDBastard said:

Secondly, one of two things happened here. Either a guy he worked with on Empire decided he was gonna light this guy up OR they have conspired to pull some sort of BS.

Not a great deal of wiggle room there.

Dont like my choice of words? Too fucking bad!

1 hour ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Gutless fuck.

What’s really gutless is throwing out a truly hateful word while hiding behind an internet screen name.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Joker said:

What’s really gutless is throwing out a truly hateful word while hiding behind an internet screen name.  

Hatefull word?

Really?

Context not important much?

Next time I listen to some kendrick I  will ponder the use of the word and then compare and contrast with trumps use of the word.

Maybe that would give you an opportunity to untwist your panties?

9 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Hatefull word?

Really?

Context not important much?

Next time I listen to some kendrick I  will ponder the use of the word and then compare and contrast with trumps use of the word.

Maybe that would give you an opportunity to untwist your panties?

The only context was Jussie Smollett is black.  

Your use of the N word to describe him was your choice.  

That would make you a racist by most standards.  

23 minutes ago, The Joker said:

The only context was Jussie Smollett is black.  

Your use of the N word to describe him was your choice.  

That would make you a racist by most standards.  

Oh goody!

On 2/17/2019 at 3:36 PM, BillDBastard said:

On 2/17/2019 at 3:40 PM, chum said:

Did I miss something where it’s OK for the left to throw the word around here? It’s not the first time I’ve seen it.

On 2/17/2019 at 3:58 PM, Autonomous said:

Nothing to see here folks, just more progressive hypocrisy on parade. Move along.

15 hours ago, J28 said:

@Ease the sheet. can toss the N word around because he's an edgy lefty.  If one of the posters on the right were to use it, the PA Lefty Circle Jerk would go INSANE.

Looks like the snowflakes got a bit upset.  If Political Correctness is needed to protect your delicate sensitivities, how about we just resort to the term "n word" like we all are in fucking kindergarten?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, benwynn said:

Looks like the snowflakes got a bit upset.  If Political Correctness is needed to protect your delicate sensitivities, how about we just resort to the term "n word" like we all are in fucking kindergarten?

Defend him. Defend the use of the word. Self righteousness racist fuck. 

6 hours ago, benwynn said:

Snowflakes?  Hardly.  And upset?  Not really - just some of The Best Americans enjoying an awesome SJW shit show.  And you’re an edgy lefty, just sack up and use “the word”!  It’ll boost your cred with The PA Circle Jerk.

"The truth: as instances of actual racism get harder and harder to find, the search to find such bigotry becomes increasingly frenzied and unmoored from reality.

Smollett made a not-irrational wager that a patently preposterous narrative about an anti-black, anti-gay hate crime at 2 A.M. in subzero Chicago would be embraced by virtually the entirety of the mainstream media, leading Democratic politicians, Hollywood, and academia, with no one in these cohorts bothering to fact-check his narrative or entertain even armchair skepticism toward it. He also presumed, again with good reason, that to claim victim status would catapult him to the highest echelons of public admiration and accomplishment. And he was right. Kamala Harris and Cory Booker called it a “modern-day lynching.” Joe Biden warned that “we must no longer give this hate safe harbor,” his implication being that we need to stop winking at such racist attacks. If Beale Street Could Talk’s Barry Jenkins lamented, “This what all that hateful mongering has wrought. Are you PROUD???”  Good Morning America interviewed Smollett without asking a single critical question about his story"....Heather McDonald

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, J28 said:

Snowflakes?  Hardly.  And upset?  Not really - just some of The Best Americans enjoying an awesome SJW shit show.  And you’re an edgy lefty, just sack up and use “the word”!  It’ll boost your cred with The PA Circle Jerk.

The... Ahem... Best Americans appear to be the SJW in this case.  Coming to the rescue to control the language of others so feelings don't get hurt.

The next you know, you guys will be eating tofu and caring about water quality.  Careful.

News this morning is that Smollett is sticking with his story and refusing to meet with CPD.  I’m lookin’ forward to the perp walk.  Will CPD send SWAT and give CNN a heads-up on the take-down?  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J28 said:

News this morning is that Smollett is sticking with his story and refusing to meet with CPD.  I’m lookin’ forward to the perp walk.  Will CPD send SWAT and give CNN a heads-up on the take-down?  

What if they don't?  Will that be called unfair by the Best American SJWs? 

32 minutes ago, Mickey Rat said:

Imagine all the panty pissing over this drama show. 

Oscar worthy.

1 hour ago, benwynn said:

The... Ahem... Best Americans appear to be the SJW in this case.  Coming to the rescue to control the language of others so feelings don't get hurt.

The next you know, you guys will be eating tofu and caring about water quality.  Careful.

The Best Americans will continue to refer to African-Americans respectfully. But you and Ease the Noose should feel empowered to use whatever derogatory language you prefer, especially since it seems to make you folks feel superior.

18 minutes ago, J28 said:

The Best Americans will continue to refer to African-Americans respectfully. But you and Ease the Noose should feel empowered to use whatever derogatory language you prefer, especially since it seems to make you folks feel superior.

Good little SWJ.  Toe the line of Political Correctness so nobody gets their feelings hurt. 

1 hour ago, chum said:

Feels like the twilight zone in here sometimes.

Sometimes?

• Like 1

If he is lying about it all, he should have the book thrown at him, and the guys he tried to throw under the bus should sue him for every penny he has and/or will have. 

If the guys who beat him are lying about this to escape charges for their acts, their sentencing should be enhanced to recognize their efforts.  

Pretty simple.  

• Like 5

3 hours ago, J28 said:

If he is found to have lied, I hope the cops that pick him up have some fun.  As they close the door to the cell, "And Scene" while somebody catches the whole thing on video.  That would go viral in a few seconds.  

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

If he is lying about it all, he should have the book thrown at him, and the guys he tried to throw under the bus should sue him for every penny he has and/or will have. 

If the guys who beat him are lying about this to escape charges for their acts, their sentencing should be enhanced to recognize their efforts.  

Pretty simple.  

No argument with that at all.   I suspect that even if it's demonstrated that Smollet orchestrated the whole thing?  That there will still be defenders who suggest that his lie was a legitimate depiction of the current reality, and thus should be accepted as that, rather than being forced into the box of pragmatic reality. 

Why is this in Political Anarchy?

Shouldn't it be in Attention-Whore Anarchy? Or some other BS place? what's political about it?

33 minutes ago, Gone Drinking said:

image.thumb.png.dcbbabc5e4cac30e9a84c3a2cfcf9329.png

You don't think this is political?

uh, no. I don't. 

I didn't think either was even worth being IN the news, let alone political.

Let the meme-makers drag you around by the nose. If you want to be outraged, you'll find it.

1 hour ago, Raz'r said:

Shouldn't it be in Attention-Whore Anarchy? Or some other BS place? what's political about it?

Good question.

Unfortunately the attention whores lack any semblance of consistency, logic or intelligence.

So we get their pollution.

2 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

No argument with that at all.   I suspect that even if it's demonstrated that Smollet orchestrated the whole thing?  That there will still be defenders who suggest that his lie was a legitimate depiction of the current reality, and thus should be accepted as that, rather than being forced into the box of pragmatic reality. 

Performance art, yeah, that's the ticket.  First amendment and all that stuff.

5 hours ago, J28 said:

Here’s a little Social Studies Quiz for you:

One is African American and the other is Black.  Which is which?

200px-Charlize_Theron_WonderCon_2012_(St75567-004-6585DB51.jpg

Have the cops called him out for this "lie" or are you rushing to judgement based on your biases?

Just now, Ease the sheet. said:

Have the cops called him out for this "lie" or are you rushing to judgement?

Your question has exactly what to do with my prognostication about how I suspect others are going try to spin this? 

4 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Your question has exactly what to do with my prognostication about how I suspect others are going try to spin this? 

Nothing. My question is about how you are spinning it.

1 hour ago, Raz'r said:

Seriously?  The accusation was it was MAGA supporters that attacked the black, gay, celebrity.  

I don’t remember any objections when you thought the attack actually happened as described.  

5 minutes ago, silent bob said:

Here’s a little Social Studies Quiz for you:

One is African American and the other is Black.  Which is which?

200px-Charlize_Theron_WonderCon_2012_(St75567-004-6585DB51.jpg

Since Charlize is of Dutch/Huguenot and German ancestry and was born in South Africa, she can't be either. Do you have a point?

6 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Nothing. My question is about how you are spinning it.

I'm not "spinning" anything - reading comprehension ain't  your strong suit, is it?   I'm stating an expectation of how I suspect others will spin it, *IF* Smollett is found to have orchestrated the event.    

4 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Since Charlize is of Dutch/Huguenot and German ancestry and was born in South Africa, she can't be either. Do you have a point?

Where's she from?  Where'd she grow up?  I'd suggest that that's more defining than one's ancestry.  MY maternal ancestors were peasant fishermen near Liverpool.  Does that make me a cousin to Sir Paul?  Naw - I'm just a dumbass old country boy from the marsh.  

5 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Yes, she was born in South Africa, and is a Naturalized Citizen of the United States.  That makes her a bonafide African American.  Not all Blacks are African American.  

1 minute ago, silent bob said:

Yes, she was born in South Africa, and is a Naturalized Citizen of the United States.  That makes her a bonafide African American.  Not all Blacks are African American.  

African Americans are an ethnic group of Americans with total or partial ancestry from any of the black racial groups of Africa. The term typically refers to descendants of enslaved black people who are from the United States. As a compound adjective, the term is usually hyphenated as African-American. Wikipedia

12 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Have the cops called him out for this "lie" or are you rushing to judgement based on your biases?

I think folks on the right have been much more circumspect in the Smollett matter than folks like Ease the Noose and the rest of the PA Lefty Circle Jerk were in the Covington Boys matter.  Specifically, the America-Hating Limousine Liberal who attested to the low moral character of boys who attended CC based on personal experience.

I still have NFI what a "Jussie Smollet" is or What "Empire" is, even after a week of news coverage.....

A low grade "B" actor on a TV show that doesn't show up on my TV?

Aside from the drama surrounding the apparently fictional attack on a black gay guy.......

WTF cares?

7 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I'm not "spinning" anything - reading comprehension ain't  your strong suit, is it?   I'm stating an expectation of how I suspect others will spin it, *IF* Smollett is found to have orchestrated the event.    

You called it "his lie"

Now, he could well be lying but without confirmation thats your language reflecting your bias.

Nothing wrong with my comprehensive.  Nor is there anything wrong with my sense of responsibility.  You wont find me hiding behind my signalling to others to express what I'm not going to say.

I suspect that even if it's demonstrated that Smollet orchestrated the whole thing?  That there will still be defenders who suggest that his lie was a legitimate depiction of the current reality

6 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

You called it "his lie"

Now, he could well be lying but without confirmation thats your language reflecting your bias.

Nothing wrong with my comprehensive.  Nor is there anything wrong with my sense of responsibility.  You wont find me hiding behind my signalling to others to express what I'm not going to say.

Pertinent excerpt from my post copied above:  Context is important, don't you think?   

4 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

I still have NFI what a "Jussie Smollet" is or What "Empire" is, even after a week of news coverage.....

Aside from the drama surrounding the apparently fictional attack on a black gay guy.......

WTF cares?

You folks on the left sure don't get much news that isn't about how Trump is screwing up the country (or more likely you just don't care about it).  He's kind of a big deal in The Resistance.   ABC NEWS thought it a big enough story for their GMA star to do a 16 minute sit down with him.  Check it out in post #33.  Pelosi and most of the Dem candidates thought it was important enough to virtue-tweet their outrage when they thought it was MAGA troglodytes that committed the assault.  Pic below courtesy of @Mickey Rat.  You'll be seeing more of him in the near future methinks.

image.png.96e0d89fa4365be5ff4e090ce807a57d.png

18 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Pertinent excerpt from my post copied above:  Context is important, don't you think?   

Context is very important and if you think that I have taken you out of context I will offer my apologies.

Now repace "his lie" with "his actions" and clarity abounds.

28 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

WTF cares?

A low grade B actor.....Go back and watch that ABC News performance.

3 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Context is very important and if you think that I have taken you out of context I will offer my apologies.

Now repace "his lie" with "his actions" and clarity abounds.

No - *If* it is found that he orchestrated the deception, lied to the cops and the media in his accounting of the incident, then "his lie" is appropriate.  if it's found that he didn't?  Then the whole projection is moot, which is why I predicated it with the "*IF* he's found to have orchestrated the circumstances" -  AFAIK?  That's not been objectively determined yet.  I think we're in agreement -- I think you unintentionally misunderstood me.  No foul here.  

1 hour ago, Barnacle Balls said:

maybe.  but its troof.

I don't know what troof is, but it's probably exactly that.

39 minutes ago, silent bob said:

And I'm a native American. 100%

1 minute ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

No - *If* it is found that he orchestrated the deception, lied to the cops and the media in his accounting of the incident, then "his lie" is appropriate.  if it's found that he didn't?  Then the whole projection is moot, which is why I predicated it with the "*IF* he's found to have orchestrated the circumstances" -  AFAIK?  That's not been objectively determined yet.  I think we're in agreement -- I think you unintentionally misunderstood me.  No foul here.  

I think filing a false police report is illegal. To what level, I'm not sure. I would probably give it the attention it deserves, which is nothing.

3 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

There's still a few beers with your name on it sitting in my fridge!

• Like 1

When did it become political?

I’d say when the democratic presidential hopefuls  decided to tweet stuff like this

Kamilla Harris:  

@JussieSmollett
is one of the kindest, most gentle human beings I know. I’m praying for his quick recovery. This was an attempted modern day lynching. No one should have to fear for their life because of their sexuality or color of their skin. We must confront this hate

Cory Booker wants legislation based on the attack

The vicious attack on actor Jussie Smollett was an attempted modern-day lynching. I'm glad he's safe,” Booker said. “To those in Congress who don't feel the urgency to pass our Anti-Lynching bill designating lynching as a federal hate crime– I urge you to pay attention.”

3 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Grand jury hearing about Jussie going on right now. 

Shit’s about to get real for Smollett IF the GJ believes he orchestrated this deal.

37 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

And I'm a native American. 100%

You, me, and Elizabeth Warren...

and Bernie too, probably!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, silent bob said:

You, me, and Elizabeth Warren...

and Bernie too, probably!

I know, right!

13 hours ago, The Joker said:

pelosi%20smollett.png

Jussie Smollett is a bigot who has himself committed a hate crime and those who uncritically believed him are willing dupes.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Dog said:

Jussie Smollett is a bigot who has himself committed a hate crime and those who uncritically believed him are willing dupes.

You seem to have concluded that he is a liar. Does this cause you to hold him in higher or lower esteem?

Obama said families would see their premiums decreased by $2500 by the ACA, which was a lie, because math.   Did that cause you to hold Obama in higher or lower esteem?

3 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:
4 hours ago, Dog said:

You seem to have concluded that he is a liar. Does this cause you to hold him in higher or lower esteem?

Bit of a rush to judgement, eh?  Shouldn't we wait for a "definative(sic) source"?

And, before Dog gets all pissy, I have expressed my doubts about the story since it came out.

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

Bit of a rush to judgement, eh?  Shouldn't we wait for a "definative(sic) source"?

I don't know, but it's refreshing.

19 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

And, before Dog gets all pissy, I have expressed my doubts about the story since it came out.

I waited for the story to fall apart but there are a whole lot people who did rush to judgment in this case and now have egg on their face. Your comment would better be directed at them.

9 minutes ago, Dog said:

Your comment would better be directed at them.

You seem truly concerned about my chiding you.  To the point of keeping score.

crying.jpg

10 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

You seem truly concerned about my chiding you.  To the point of keeping score.

crying.jpg

Ha....Not at all...Knock yourself out. I'm more amused by you pretense at evenhandedness.

1 minute ago, Dog said:

I'm more amused by you pretense at evenhandedness.

Try to imagine how little I care....

Did this guy use up his 15 minutes yet, or all y'all still outraged?

Now the origin of the threatening letter he received prior, is being looked into. Possible evidence that he orchestrated that as well was found in the Nigerian brothers apartment. That's a Federal case because the US mail was used. 

Looking worse and worse for someone. 

42 minutes ago, chinabald said:

Now the origin of the threatening letter he received prior, is being looked into. Possible evidence that he orchestrated that as well was found in the Nigerian brothers apartment. That's a Federal case because the US mail was used. 

Looking worse and worse for someone. 

Nigerian Letters? Sounds damn phishy.

53 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Did this guy use up his 15 minutes yet, or all y'all still outraged?

54 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Try to imagine how little I care....

We can all imagine the different tones of outrage if the attack,  as Jussie described actually happened.  

1 minute ago, The Joker said:

We can all imagine the different tones of outrage if the attack,  as Jussie described actually happened.  

I didn't respond before, nor do I really care now. Someone assaulted, allegedly, on the street. Happens all the f'ing time. Just so happened it was someone looking for some fame. Why you give it to him, I've no idea.

6 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

I didn't respond before, nor do I really care now. Someone assaulted, allegedly, on the street. Happens all the f'ing time. Just so happened it was someone looking for some fame. Why you give it to him, I've no idea.

No it doesn’t happen all the time in the way he told it.  

He didn’t just claim he was jumped.  He claimed it was supporters of president Trump that attacked him using racial and homophobic slurs.

He tried to create a wave of hatred against millions of people and the president of the United States   

Democrats including many running for president and leaders in Congress fell for his alleged attack story and added to the outrage  

That is why this is a major story, why it is political and why it will stay in the news until resolved   

9 minutes ago, The Joker said:

He didn’t just claim he was jumped.  He claimed it was supporters of president Trump that attacked him using racial and homophobic slurs.

He tried to create a wave of hatred against millions of people and the president of the United States   

Democrats including many running for president and leaders in Congress fell for his alleged attack story and added to the outrage  

That is why this is a major story, why it is political and why it will stay in the news until resolved   

Meh

21 minutes ago, Raz'r said:
31 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Meh 

Meh2

39 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Meh

Read...I don't like where this is going.