Peder

What's your favorite multitool and why?

On 2/20/2019 at 5:10 PM, proOC said:

Image result for opinel knives with whistle

Best blade out there...and it has a whistle in case you get lost in the mountains while cutting cheese and drinking vino.

Or calling the cute waitress over to bring more cheese and wine!

- Stumbling

• Like 1

Larry, Curly and Moe.

Not much of a fan of Shemp. 

On 2/20/2019 at 3:51 PM, toddster said:

BTW: Apropos of this thread, I just received the $9 "sailor's multitool" from Amazon.  

713OBdPCXnL._SL1500_.jpg

This thing is monstrous!  Maybe it should be apparent from the inherent scale in the photo, but it wasn't to me, that this is about twice as big and heavy as a Leatherman.  A real pocket-full.  

Also monstrous in a Frankensteinish, cheaply-made sort of way.  Hey, Nine Dollars.  

Not exactly sure what I'm going to do with it.  Too big to clip on a harness.  If you tie a lanyard onto it, you could twirl it around like some kind of ninja weapon and stun a boarding sea lion.  

ok, look, they have a scale for foredeck to measure their dick, though they don't need those last 4 marks..

My favorite, because who doesn't like vicegrips. Leatherman Crunch. Not as robust as actual Vicegrips but certainly more elegant.

1-crunch.png

I saw a vid once, a bit like this but they were using those iron bound mallets, the blokes were bigger and the stake was enormous.

• Like 1

I have an old SOG tool (West Marine Brand) from  a decade ago and it's still my go to multitool

On 3/13/2019 at 11:10 PM, knobblyoldjimbo said:

I saw a vid once, a bit like this but they were using those iron bound mallets, the blokes were bigger and the stake was enormous.

So how do they get the stake out?

Have you ever used a star picket remover?

You use a round tube with a great lump of steel in the top to hammer them in, probs weigh 20kg.

The lifter is small, has a short handle - when I hired one I thought it would need an extension bar but no, it just lifted the pickets out.

Doesn't answer your question though!