Sign in to follow this  
gn4478

Looking For Crew

Are you interested in ocean racing? Want to do some distance events? Interested in getting some experience and miles under your keel? After 5 Bermuda races on Blue Note, my Bristol 43.3, we have decided that it would be nicer to get to the Island 1 day earlier. I have purchased a Baltic 51, High Note that is all set to go. We have a great core crew but this is a big boat and have a lot of sailing planned. We have been competitive in the cruising division of the Newport Bermuda race with a 7 out of 42 finish last summer. There is a lot of experience onboard. We are focused on improving our sailing and learning this new boat. We have a friendly atmosphere on board but take our sailing very seriously. We sail out of Raritan Yacht Club, in NJ. This summer’s plans include Annapolis-Newport, Marblehead-Halifax and The Vineyard Race. Newport-Bermuda is planned for 2020. Ultimate plans are focused on the Transatlantic Race in 2023 followed by moving the boat to the Caribbean for the circuit down there. Get involved now! Racing experience is great but we can train you on multiple delivery opportunities. Open to Juniors as well.  Please contact  Gary Nackman gnackman@gmail.com

Thanks,
Gary

Bump. I'm looking for crew for Sat Sept 21st for the Poco Loco on Raritan Bay.

Hi.  I'm looking to get experience in ocean racing.  Thirty-plus years of mostly one-design racing, most recently as tactician in an ultra-competitive J24 fleet.  USCG-licensed captain.  Lots of tactical and navigational experience.  Good main, headsail, and spin trimmer.  Retired, available any time.  Based in the Pacific NW. Dennis, dcanty@evergreenfc.com or 206-799-7916.

Gary, just saw this and wanted to say congrats on the new ride.