eric1207

NWMA Meeting Tues March 5th, Seattle

NWMA Meeting March 5th:   Teaching the Next Gen How to Fly Across the Water by Boat. 

Potluck starts at 6:30. 
The meeting will begin around 7:00, Program ~7:30

Non-Members are always welcome, potluck or just the program.

Puget Sound Y.C.
2321 N. Northlake Way, Seattle

Peter Nelson from Multihull Youth SAIL (MY SAIL) Foundation will tell us about his foundation and its mission of creating the next generation of multihull sailors. 

The club is a sponsor of MY SAIL. 

Also, Rick Sutherland will mark Larry Christensen’s December 18th passing. Larry was a founding member of the club 50 years ago and an innovative racer on his self designed and built ‘Invictus’ which for a long time was the fastest boat on Puget Sound. 

I didn't know that Larry had passed away. I haven't seen him for years, but I think about him often. If I was brave enough to drive to the city I come and hoist a glass to him. 

Hi Russell,  Larry passed on Dec 18 IIRC.  He last came to our meeting about 2 years ago and was pretty frail.  A couple club members kept in touch with him right up the end.  Coincidently he was also a founding member, in 1962, of the ski club I belong to at Crystal Mt.  Quite an guy, RIP. 

As it happens Rick will not be able to attend the Tuesday meeting but will reschedule his tribute to Larry later this Spring.  There are other members up there in PT, why don't you set up a car pool and drive down then?  I could put you and them up for the night so you wouldn't have to ferry/drive home late.  We have 2 empty nest bedrooms available. 

Cheers.

We're going to be in the area late Mar to mid Apr. Keep us posted on the Larry tribute. He was a helluva guy, great sense of humor.

Will do Jdazey.  Is your catamaran coming with you?

Not until Fall. We're planning on wintering in Puget Sound somewhere, probably Poulsbo. Gotta get to HI and AK first.

On 3/2/2019 at 3:00 PM, eric1207 said:

Hi Russell,  Larry passed on Dec 18 IIRC.  He last came to our meeting about 2 years ago and was pretty frail.  A couple club members kept in touch with him right up the end.  Coincidently he was also a founding member, in 1962, of the ski club I belong to at Crystal Mt.  Quite an guy, RIP. 

As it happens Rick will not be able to attend the Tuesday meeting but will reschedule his tribute to Larry later this Spring.  There are other members up there in PT, why don't you set up a car pool and drive down then?  I could put you and them up for the night so you wouldn't have to ferry/drive home late.  We have 2 empty nest bedrooms available. 

Cheers.

Thanks Eric, Keep me posted on the date of the tribute for Larry. I'll come by boat. I think Larry would like that.

Ok Russell.  It will be during a club meeting some time this Spring, a first Tuesday of the month, when Rick's schedule allows.  I try and get an announcement on this forum for each meeting.