Fakenews

Tucker Carlson faces his time in the barrel

Yeah right! He works at Fox News. Delighting in calling a woman “labia face” didn’t sink him either.

But this Bit of unearthed audio is revolting. Guy has a major problem with women and probably his own wife and daughter. Oh and he’s pals with Bubba the Love Sponge - another class act.

https://www.mediamatters.org/research/2019/03/10/unearthed-audio-tucker-carlson-makes-numerous-misogynistic-and-perverted-comments/223092

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/tucker-carlson-comments-women-bubba-the-love-sponge_n_5c858a9ee4b0d93616294c74

I liked him when he wore a bow tie, his idol was Robt. Novak, and Paul Begala would tell him to shut up, and he would.

Since then, he's just become another prick on a cactus.

3 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

I liked him when he wore a bow tie, his idol was Robt. Novak, and Paul Begala would tell him to shut up, and he would.

Since then, he's just become another prick on a cactus.

Well he just did a better job of hiding his douchyness back then...

Any karma visited upon those who teach or encourage people to resent or hate others is well earned. 

• Like 1

Just now, Rum Runner said:

Why are we surprised? As a Fox employee he is expected to voice those views.

Fox employees are expected to indict the GOP?

I don’t watch Fox (CNN, MSNBC either), but it appears there’s Fox News (mostly daytime) and Fox opinion (mostly morning and nights). The night time shows on Fox, CNN and MSNBC are all pretty absurd IMO - nothing “news” about them. But that’s where many Americans choose to get their “news”...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MidPack said:

I don’t watch Fox (CNN, MSNBC either), but it appears there’s Fox News (mostly daytime) and Fox opinion (mostly morning and nights). The night time shows on Fox, CNN and MSNBC are all pretty absurd IMO - nothing “news” about them. But that’s where many Americans choose to get their “news”...

Actually, they don't.  About 5.5 million people watch cable news each day. Less than 2% of the population.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2019 at 5:17 PM, Fakenews said:

Yeah right! He works at Fox News. Delighting in calling a woman “labia face” didn’t sink him either.

But this Bit of unearthed audio is revolting. Guy has a major problem with women and probably his own wife and daughter. Oh and he’s pals with Bubba the Love Sponge - another class act.

https://www.mediamatters.org/research/2019/03/10/unearthed-audio-tucker-carlson-makes-numerous-misogynistic-and-perverted-comments/223092

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/tucker-carlson-comments-women-bubba-the-love-sponge_n_5c858a9ee4b0d93616294c74

Just auditioning for a good job in the Grabber's administration

Now there's more. In this one he talks about sex with an underage Miss Teen USA contestant.

Remember how O'Reiley was finally pushed out? It was pressure from corporate advertisers. So who is going to fill Carlson's spot?

9 hours ago, Nice! said:

Now there's more. In this one he talks about sex with an underage Miss Teen USA contestant.

Remember how O'Reiley was finally pushed out? It was pressure from corporate advertisers. So who is going to fill Carlson's spot?

Be honest...Are you offended by that or just pretending to be?

2 minutes ago, Dog said:

Honestly - I think it's offensive. No pretence required. Then again, I have standards.

Back to you - do you think it's offensive to say that kind of thing about a young woman?

2 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Honestly - I think it's offensive. No pretence required. Then again, I have standards.

Back to you - do you think it's offensive to say that kind of thing about a young woman?

My advice to you.... Don't ever tune into Howard Stern

1 minute ago, Dog said:

My advice to you.... Don't ever tune into Howard Stern

Never have nor ever intend to. You didn't answer the question. I've answered yours today. Twice. Unlike you, I'm actually interested in hearing the answers to questions I ask.

Do you think it's offensive to say that kind of thing about a young woman?

16 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Never have nor ever intend to. You didn't answer the question. I've answered yours today. Twice. Unlike you, I'm actually interested in hearing the answers to questions I ask.

Do you think it's offensive to say that kind of thing about a young woman?

Yeah...Not his finest moment, but commentary like that abounds and without comment. It's only really an issue because he has a show on Fox that Media Matters would like to shut down.

UPDATE:

https://contemptor.com/2019/03/13/tucker-carlson-most-watched-in-cable-news-tuesday-night-amid-backlash/

1 minute ago, Dog said:

Yeah...Not his finest moment, but commentary like that abounds and without comment. It's only really an issue because he has a show on Fox that Media Matters would like to shut down.

Is that a "Yeah, I find it offensive to say things like that about a young woman" or just a "Yeah, it wasn't his finest moment, mumble mumble, locker room talk"?

I swear to god, getting you to take a clear stand on anything is like pulling teeth.

All well and good that you found someone else defending Tucker, but you seemed to have missed this...

18 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:
23 minutes ago, Dog said:

Is that a "Yeah, I find it offensive to say things like that about a young woman" or just a "Yeah, it wasn't his finest moment, mumble mumble, locker room talk"?

3 hours ago, Dog said:

If you are not seriously offended I think you need to seriously reevaluate your personal value system. How would you feel if you were the girl's father? Perhaps talk to your wife, mother, or pastor about it.

He’s down to 14 advertisers.  Last night a featured ad was for a tool that makes it easier to cut your cats nails.

4 hours ago, Dog said:

Be honest... you find Tucker's slightly laundered white supremacy appealing, don't you?

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Dog said:

I am offended by that.

Now back to you. Are you offended by that? Yes or no.

6 minutes ago, Nice! said:

I am offended by that.

Post 17

Tucker's now famous Jan 2nd monologue is perhaps his most succinct political essay. I don't know about you but I think we would benefit from more pundits thinking and talking like this...

Post #17 doesn't answer his question Dog.

I think we'd be better off if racebaiting faux populist trash like Tucker carlson weren't considered political "pundits". The man just panders to what dipshits like you want to hear Dog.

edit: It's funny you are finally admitting to watching Fox.

9 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Post #17 doesn't answer his question Dog.

I think we'd be better off if racebaiting faux populist trash like Tucker carlson weren't considered political "pundits". The man just panders to what dipshits like you want to hear Dog.

edit: It's funny you are finally admitting to watching Fox.

Watch it, I dare you. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

32 minutes ago, Nice! said:

I am offended by that.

20 minutes ago, Dog said:

Post 17

Tucker's now famous Jan 2nd monologue is perhaps his most succinct political essay. I don't know about you but I think we would benefit from more pundits thinking and talking like this...

Yes or no, Dog. Yes. Or. No.

2 minutes ago, Nice! said:

Yes or no, Dog. Yes. Or. No.

Post 17

1 minute ago, Dog said:

Post 17

Yes. Or. No. 

Just now, Nice! said:

Yes. Or. No. 

I answered that in post 17

Just now, Dog said:

No you did not.

And if you did, remind me... was it yes or no?

12 minutes ago, Dog said:

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

I love you getting angry and defending Mr. Big Government is good.

3 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

I love you getting angry and defending Mr. Big Government is good.

Didn't watch it did you?

54 minutes ago, Dog said:

Post 17

If that's succinct to you then you need a new dictionary

I agree with many of the words he spouts.  It's too bad he and all the people he has advocated for do exactly the stuff he complains about.  In other words, he is tilting at the windmills that he helped erect.  It's embarrassing.  And I'm embarrassed I just sat through this entire piece of shit

4 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Iraq is filled with "....semi literate primitive monkeys." ?

From a FOX News guy??  The irony...o the irony.  

25 minutes ago, Dog said:

Didn't watch it did you?

What am I supposed to get out of the video Dog? What will it show me? I watch and I see a pandering partisan whore spewing some bullshit that sounds maybe ok if ignore his whole career. I can't do that. Tucker's part of the problem, he's not nor will he ever be a part of the solution.

27 minutes ago, Dog said:

Didn't watch it did you?

Why do you continue to fail to answer your own yes or no question? Are you offended or aren't you?

13 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

If that's succinct to you then you need a new dictionary

I agree with many of the words he spouts.  It's too bad he and all the people he has advocated for do exactly the stuff he complains about.  In other words, he is tilting at the windmills that he helped erect.  It's embarrassing.  And I'm embarrassed I just sat through this entire piece of shit

I don't know who you think he advocates for, he's clearly not a fan of our leaders in Washington.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

Post 17

He's not wrong, in the main. Too bad his employer can't support a Tulsi Gabbard because of the letter behind her name. 

55 minutes ago, Dog said:

No, you didn't. You made one of your vague comments and when asked for clarification, fled with tail between your legs again. It's what you do.

Yes or no, Dog. Does it offend you? Answer your own question. Take a stance, for once.

19 minutes ago, Dog said:

he's clearly not a fan of our leaders in Washington.

No, he says he is not a fan of our leaders in Washington.  Do you know the difference between saying something and actually believing something?

That is a difference that is lost on those who, for whatever reason, are extremely trusting of certain kinds of people.

He helped put many of the people in Washington that he now pretends to be upset about.  He's very transparent, which is why the advertisers are leaving him.  They already knew the day was coming.  

In my PR life I helped put together a crisis comms plan for a big advertising agency that did a lot of work for companies that sell old people shit.  The second most-feared action on the list was "video drops of major network news anchor crimes/racism/sexism".    

In a classic case of no news is bad news 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6808089/Tucker-Carlson-wins-ratings-battle-cable-slams-Media-Matters.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=1490

Tucker Carlson Tonight placed first overall in total audience, defeating fellow Fox show Hannity (3.043 million) and MSNBC's The Rachel Maddow Show, which drew 2.859 million. Tucker also tied Hannity in the demo. 

And in a case of pot to kettle

POT

Media Matters president Angelo Carusone is leading a boycott campaign against Carlson to try to get him fired.

KETTLE

However, Carusone also has a history of inflammatory statements. His now-defunct blog included degrading references to 'trannies,' 'jewry' and Bangladeshish 

17 minutes ago, Nice! said:

Yes or no, Dog. Does it offend you? Answer your own question. Take a stance, for once.

Dog licks his own ass and thinks it tastes good.... What do you think he's going to say?

Alex Jones, Rush Limbaugh, they all -  when their nuts are on the line and facing a judge admit they are entertainers and it's all just an act. 

The RW Nutters loves them some entertainment.  Screechy Mark Levine? How many times did he screech that Obama was destroying the USA? I finally gave up on RW radio as the entertainment factor wasn't worth the bullshit bombardment.  Meanwhile the usual suspects crow about how popular these clowns are as if that is a badge of honor.

It never ends.

37 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

No, he says he is not a fan of our leaders in Washington.  Do you know the difference between saying something and actually believing something?

That is a difference that is lost on those who, for whatever reason, are extremely trusting of certain kinds of people.

He helped put many of the people in Washington that he now pretends to be upset about.  He's very transparent, which is why the advertisers are leaving him.  They already knew the day was coming.  

In my PR life I helped put together a crisis comms plan for a big advertising agency that did a lot of work for companies that sell old people shit.  The second most-feared action on the list was "video drops of major network news anchor crimes/racism/sexism".    

Yeah well...Who knows what evil lurks in the minds of men...I don't think it unreasonable to judge a commentator by his commentary. There are certainly those here eager to judge him by some inappropriate and decades old commentary.

BTW.... are you done with sailing commentary and interviews. Some of the best content on this site. You have a real talent for it. 

26 minutes ago, The Joker said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6808089/Tucker-Carlson-wins-ratings-battle-cable-slams-Media-Matters.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=1490

Tucker Carlson Tonight placed first overall in total audience, defeating fellow Fox show Hannity (3.043 million) and MSNBC's The Rachel Maddow Show, which drew 2.859 million. Tucker also tied Hannity in the demo. 

Does popularity make someone's comments about young women less offensive? 

57 minutes ago, Dog said:

Yeah well...Who knows what evil lurks in the minds of men...I don't think it unreasonable to judge a commentator by his commentary. There are certainly those here eager to judge him by some inappropriate and decades old commentary.

BTW.... are you done with sailing commentary and interviews. Some of the best content on this site. You have a real talent for it. 

Answer your own question, Dog. Yes or no. Does Carlson's commentary offend you?

Waste of time, Dog has said he won’t ask question he doesn’t like.  We know the answer anyway.

2 hours ago, The Joker said:

Hard to judge the meaning...given the crowd a good train-wreck also draws.  

25 minutes ago, Mark K said:

Hard to judge the meaning...given the crowd a good train-wreck also draws.  

I agree. Which was my point.  If it bleeds it leads tends to draw a crowd. 

Before anyone asks.  I found his comments offensive, but not exactly unusual for that type of show.   Howard Stern comes to mind. 

I also think the outrage is boosted because of where he works. 

Remember Laura Ingram was never going to survive her boycott  

I find the actions of Al Sharpten from years back much more offensive,  someone actually died over comments he made and yet he is hosting a show on MSNBC  

This to will pass

She still has basically zero advertisers.  Fox is cool with that cause it suits their (and Trump’s) agenda.  If I were a shareholder I’d bail.

20 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I agree. Which was my point.  If it bleeds it leads tends to draw a crowd. 

Before anyone asks.  I found his comments offensive, but not exactly unusual for that type of show.   Howard Stern comes to mind. 

I also think the outrage is boosted because of where he works. 

Remember Laura Ingram was never going to survive her boycott  

I find the actions of Al Sharpten from years back much more offensive,  someone actually died over comments he made and yet he is hosting a show on MSNBC  

This to will pass

No matter what any FOX News clown says, there's always something which some black guy has said...which is always worse. No worries there.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mark K said:

No matter what any FOX News clown says, there's always something which some black guy has said...which is always worse. No worries there.  

I would not include Jessie Jackson or other black leaders in that statement, but Sharpten is a host on a cable news show and did use rhetoric that caused a riot which led to 7 deaths.  

If it makes it any better I think FOX forcing Bill O’Reilly our was justified  

3 hours ago, The Joker said:

I would not include Jessie Jackson or other black leaders in that statement, but Sharpten is a host on a cable news show and did use rhetoric that caused a riot which led to 7 deaths.  

If it makes it any better I think FOX forcing Bill O’Reilly our was justified  

What are you referring to? 

Wasn't Sharpton the model Wolfe used for the scumbag "minister" in Bonfire?

4 hours ago, Mark K said:

What are you referring to? 

https://www.americanpolicenews.com/freddies.html

On Friday, December 8, at 10:12 a.m., Roland James Smith, Jr., 51, a Harlem resident with a criminal record going back 30 years, walked into Freddy's Fashion Mart, a Jewish-owned clothing store at 272 West 125th Street, pulled out a gun, ordered all the black customers to leave, spilled paint thinner on several bins of clothing and set them on fire -- a fire that resulted in killing 8 people including Smith.

Smith had been part of a group of picketers, led by Al Sharpton , head of the National Action Network and Morris Powell , leader of the 125th Street Vendor's Association, who had been protesting the eviction of Sikhulu Shange, owner of the Record Shack who was subletting from Fred Harari, the Jewish owner of Freddy's.

The picketing, which had gone on for months, had led Harari to seek relief with the State Supreme Court. In papers filed just one day before the fire, he said, "Recently, the protesters have made motions of striking a match and throwing it on outside clothing displays or in the doorway of the store." An affidavit by Kareem Brunner, a black security guard killed in the blaze, said that he had been called a "cracker lover" and "would get mine as a traitor [to the black race]." Brunner, was the only black that Smith did not order out of the store before setting it afire.

Besides Smith and Brunner, all the other victims of the fire were Hispanic and Guyanese. Store manager, Steve Brodsky, described how a particularly vicious demonstrator called Shabazz would force his way into the store, pushing Brodsky aside and shout "I will be back to burn the Jew store down -- burn, burn, burn." It has been reported that there is evidence that Shabazz worked for Mr. Shange

17 hours ago, Dog said:

.I don't think it unreasonable to judge a commentator by his commentary.

ALL of his commentary? Or just some of it? How do you judge Carlson by his 'labia face' commentary? Does it offend you?

18 hours ago, Dog said:

You can only judge someone by what they say and what they do, and someone's statements from a few years ago (not decades if I read it right) are certainly germane.

Thanks for the compliment.  I'm still doing a few things and you might see me pop up again when the Olympics starts but I'm too busy trying to make some money these days to do much traveling for this shoestring sport!

21 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

...  for this shoestring sport!

True story. I used a shoestring in place of a missing outhaul once at a sailing club. My rather fetching grad student crew said, nice MacGyver.

19 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Waste of time, Dog has said he won’t ask question he doesn’t like.  We know the answer anyway.

Dog already carries the water for a president who used his position to ogle underage beauty contestants, whats another bucket?

10 hours ago, The Joker said:

https://www.americanpolicenews.com/freddies.html

On Friday, December 8, at 10:12 a.m., Roland James Smith, Jr., 51, a Harlem resident with a criminal record going back 30 years, walked into Freddy's Fashion Mart, a Jewish-owned clothing store at 272 West 125th Street, pulled out a gun, ordered all the black customers to leave, spilled paint thinner on several bins of clothing and set them on fire -- a fire that resulted in killing 8 people including Smith.

Smith had been part of a group of picketers, led by Al Sharpton , head of the National Action Network and Morris Powell , leader of the 125th Street Vendor's Association, who had been protesting the eviction of Sikhulu Shange, owner of the Record Shack who was subletting from Fred Harari, the Jewish owner of Freddy's.

The picketing, which had gone on for months, had led Harari to seek relief with the State Supreme Court. In papers filed just one day before the fire, he said, "Recently, the protesters have made motions of striking a match and throwing it on outside clothing displays or in the doorway of the store." An affidavit by Kareem Brunner, a black security guard killed in the blaze, said that he had been called a "cracker lover" and "would get mine as a traitor [to the black race]." Brunner, was the only black that Smith did not order out of the store before setting it afire.

Besides Smith and Brunner, all the other victims of the fire were Hispanic and Guyanese. Store manager, Steve Brodsky, described how a particularly vicious demonstrator called Shabazz would force his way into the store, pushing Brodsky aside and shout "I will be back to burn the Jew store down -- burn, burn, burn." It has been reported that there is evidence that Shabazz worked for Mr. Shange

I understand that many people, since the only black they saw on TeeVee, now believe that Al Sharpton controls all black people. However I don't think that assumption bears close examination, and FOX has done everything it can to demonize him to the point that his name, merely mentioned, is enough to convince them that everything there was at his direction. 

Sad. 

Is Ali Wong offensive? 

Is it ok to be offensive?

8 minutes ago, Mark K said:

I understand that many people, since the only black they saw on TeeVee, now believe that Al Sharpton controls all black people. However I don't think that assumption bears close examination, and FOX has done everything it can to demonize him to the point that his name, merely mentioned, is enough to convince them that everything there was at his direction. 

Sad. 

That story linking Sharpten to the riot was written in 1995.  FOX news was formed in 1996 

I respect you more than most of the posters here, but I do not need FOX or anyone else to have formed an opinion about Sharpten, his views and his actions over the years. 

I have never linked any of the black leaders to an all powerful controller of black thoughts and actions.

I learned that way back in high school being the only white guy working with Black porters.  Most who had grown up in MS.

I did enjoy some really good food with them most of it deadly to your arteries. 

1 minute ago, The Joker said:

That story linking Sharpten to the riot was written in 1995.  FOX news was formed in 1996 

I respect you more than most of the posters here, but I do not need FOX or anyone else to have formed an opinion about Sharpten, his views and his actions over the years. 

You are reading it today..and since you are a creature of this time and not that...have read into it something it does not say.  The obsession with Al is due entirely to his presence on Cable News. Try and see how that same flawed path of logic could turn around and bite not just black commentators but white ones too. Will Carlson and Hannity be blamed for promoting some protest somewhere that results in a nut job throwing a match? 

4 minutes ago, Mark K said:

You are reading it today..and since you are a creature of this time and not that...have read into it something it does not say.  The obsession with Al is due entirely to his presence on Cable News. Try and see how that same flawed path of logic could turn around and bite not just black commentators but white ones too. Will Carlson and Hannity be blamed for promoting some protest somewhere that results in a nut job throwing a match? 

By those here or in the real world?  There is a difference. 

I do not begrudge Sharpton his job.  I simply used him as an example of someone who has persevered despite a past that was quite inflammatory.

I’ve never met the man, but I have met Jessie and Jessie Jr (before his troubles.)   They had flaws like all of us, but one on one they are people looking to make a difference. 

Oh boy... they call up the banana people.

On 3/18/2019 at 1:45 PM, Dog said:
Oh boy... they call up the banana people.

Hey Dog, you never answered your own question. Are you offended by Carlson's words?