Editor

deal of the week

e-41.jpg

Ericson 41s are one of my all-time favorite classics and though this one appears to be a beater, $15,000 might be a deal? Check it.

You liked Santa Cruz 33s as well....

Does it come with a rowing crew? 

hrcGirls_dockRegatta.thumb.jpg.49e0e2ae09acc62682bc641291f87c1c.jpg

1 hour ago, Raz'r said:

You liked Santa Cruz 33s as well....

not for me my friend.

4 minutes ago, Editor said:

not for me my friend.

Are you going to sponser Rimas? :)

I like the extension chord laying on the bunk. Maybe they’re hoping for a fire?

Worth a look. They are looking for offers on $15k. Interesting colour for a Westerbeke.

That thing is a bit scruffy and needs some love but I wouldn't call it a beater.

King was an artiste.

2 hours ago, Editor said:

what is rimas?

Who are you and what have you done with our beloved Editor?

3 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:
2 hours ago, Editor said:

what is rimas?

Who are you and what have you done with our beloved Editor?

fixte                                          :)

beater? hardly. a little rough cosmetically sure but thats no beater. hell a few hours with a buffer and some compound and that hull and top sides would probably shine back up. 

The Ericson 41 was a great looking classic. But how much are you going to have to put into the boat to bring it back? This boat has been for sale for at least a year and maybe two or three years...... 

So was mine, and I’m not sorry I bought it.  But... a 41 is going to cost a lot more to “bring back” than a 29.  

Still.  Tempting...

whats it rate? 

Well that's an interesting boat name....Suddenly...

Suddenly, the

engine quit

the main halyard let go

Another 41 here.https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/boa/d/tacoma-last-chance-beautiful-1971/6830908570.html

" This is a last chance sale now. Thanks to a deadbeat who came and promised to buy the boat and turned coward without ever telling me. I will be having the boat professionally cleaned and detailed within the week, getting the v-drive repaired next week, and she will be listed with a broker the following week. The price will raise about $10K when that happens. If you want a boat you can make money on, act now! There were only 50 of these Bruce King designed beauties built and they are one of the most sought after designs of it's era. "

That is a lot of boat for $15k.  Sure, it is old and probably needs some work and money but as project boat it is in a pretty good starting position.  

It illustrates how little value is placed on half-century old boats.  They have pretty much depreciated to near-zero.  

It is also a pretty hard smack to those guys spending half their lives building boats thinking they are saving money (yeah, Brent Swain and your followers, I am talking about you).    

1 hour ago, Norse Horse said:

Well that's an interesting boat name....Suddenly...

Suddenly, the

engine quit

the main halyard let go

Hey, glass half full...

Suddenly her top fell off 

Suddenly my drink was full

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mad said:

whats it rate? 

According to Wikipedia, 150 or 132 with a tall rig.

Interesting that the E35-2 and E41 from the same era rate about the same (SoCalPHRF 150). That's a lot of sail area/load to go that slow.

1 hour ago, ghost37 said:

Hey, glass half full...

Suddenly her top fell off 

Suddenly my drink was full

We could have a lot of fun with this.

I could add $10,000 in value to that boat in 2 hours by *getting all that shit cleaned up and/or sent to the dumpster*.  Paging Martha Stewart!

I've been on the boat and know the owner and was surprised to read a listing price of $15k.  He bought the boat in early 2015 so it's unlikely the boat's been for sale for years. The Ericson 41 has a great pedigree with many TransPac races under its belt.  This one's rough around the edges but I think in good shape for a 52 year old boat, no major problems except a paint job is in order.  The situation is the owner is no longer sailing it (it's slipped in the Chula Vista cheap seats now), is tired of slip fees, etc., and wants a quick sale.   I judge it a steal for some lucky buyer.  BTW,  the appliances pictured are included in the sale so that's why they're in the pictures.

I saw it on Craig's list more than two years ago, probably more like three, and I think the price was $35K. $15K is a lot more realistic. 

18 minutes ago, kinardly said:

I saw it on Craig's list more than two years ago, probably more like three, and I think the price was $35K. $15K is a lot more realistic. 

$35k.  Do the math: 3 years at $600/month is a nice $21k+, plus insurance, plus taxes, plus bottom dives, plus plus plus

Time to stop the bleeding

If I didn’t have 1, er 2, er 3 boats and wasn’t in a different continent and on a different ocean I’d be there in a flash