Sign in to follow this  
Navig8tor

Some nutter shooting up Mosques in NZ

Developing situation reports of dead, Christchurch in Lockdown, SAD.

What we know: 
* A witness inside the Christchurch mosque said a man came in with an automatic rifle and shot people
* Witnesses said they heard "a bunch of shots" on Deans Ave. The road was cordoned off about 2.20pm
* Eyewitnesses reported several have been killed, though officials have not confirmed this
* Stuff understands the emergency department at Christchurch Hospital had been cleared out. Hospital staff were expecting about 40 to 50 injured people
* A roadblock has been set up at the Aldwins Rd and Linwood Ave intersection
* About 20 armed police are clearing buildings in Linwood, across from Eastgate Mall
* Police are warning people to stay indoors and to report any suspicious behaviour to 111.
* All Christchurch schools have been put on lockdown

Daughter's at Canterbury University.

Stuck in lectures on Stats

Not worried tho

Story is 6 dead with many wounded

Dang, so sorry to hear about this.

Being so far away, Christchurch has always been one of my places in the world what I thought would be safe from things crap like this, apparently there really is evil everywhere.

Around 30 feared dead.

I was just talking this afternoon with a contractor at work about what a safe country we live in and how lucky we are....

Unfortunately we have joined the rest of the world, I thought we isolated from this stuff.:angry:

Certainly not something you expect to see in New Zealand. The 'live stream' footage is frightening too, about how easily it was done.

Condolences to the cousins on the eastern islands

40 Dead , Aussie perps 3 men one woman in  custody PM terms it a Terror attack.

Lots of info but little confirmation of anything tangible.

Tremendously sad to have it happening in Christchurch they were finally seeing the light after the catastrophic earthquakes in 2010.

47 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

40 Dead , Aussie perps 3 men one woman in  custody PM terms it a Terror attack.

Lots of info but little confirmation of anything tangible.

Tremendously sad to have it happening in Christchurch they were finally seeing the light after the catastrophic earthquakes in 2010.

One Aussie perp... The details of the other three are still to be released

Sad day

My home town, all I know are safe. But then they aren’t likely to be in a mosque. But next time it may be a cathedral.

Just waiting for the T & P’s from MBL and his ilk. They will let us know that it has nothing to do with guns, registration, control. Just another case of shit happens and it is all about the finger, not the gun. It is the asshole, not his ability to get them. Or pull the trigger. We can have rules for many things, but for them guns are different. 

In the end it is just a sad part of Kiwi becoming part of the world.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gissie said:

My home town, all I know are safe. But then they aren’t likely to be in a mosque. But next time it may be a cathedral.

Just waiting for the T & P’s from MBL and his ilk. They will let us know that it has nothing to do with guns, registration, control. Just another case of shit happens and it is all about the finger, not the gun. It is the asshole, not his ability to get them. Or pull the trigger. We can have rules for many things, but for them guns are different. 

In the end it is just a sad part of Kiwi becoming part of the world.

Sad and tragic almost beyond belief. Welcome to our world, such as it is.

1 hour ago, SloopJohnB said:

2047058823_SadKiwi.JPG.6503232bcff6de3ffbea84eee20175cb.JPG

Powerful image

Sincere condolences to our cousins across the ditch.  Like you, I guess, I never thought it would happen there.  We feel great shame that it was one of ours responsible - after every Kiwi has had a go at belting the crap out of him, send him back and we'll do the same.

• Like 2

This is heart-wrenching, especially in such a peaceful and pleasant place as Christchurch. 

Actions from the NZL Gummint seem to be decisive and swift.

I put it into context for an American friend here last night.  Pro-rata, per head of population, 50 murdered in one event in NZL is equivalent to 3,450 murdered at one event in the USA, many more than were killed in the 9/11 attacks.

Sobering statistics PW

Watching how this has unfolded over recent days, how fortunate is NZ to have the leader they have at this sad time. 

• Like 2