Shortforbob

Trump tweets Breitbart link

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

I've no idea what he intended by Tweeting a Breitbart link to the NZ attack...but you'd think someone would have given him a nudge to take it down.

The comments are really NOT the sort of thing a Politician should be associated with at this time. :angry:

Breitbart News Network http://bit.ly/2KyoPz9  via @BreitbartNews

7,566 replies4,721 retweets14,612 likes

1 minute ago, chinabald said:

Is there an issue with the content of the reporting, or just who reported it?

No you idiot, there's a problem with the comments...Trump seems to have realised this doesn't look good. He's taken it down.

All he has to do is say “Thoughts and Prayers”, and not argue there were good people on both sides.    Even the American President cannot screw this up.   Can he?   

1 minute ago, Lark said:

All he has to do is say “Thoughts and Prayers”, and not argue there were good people on both sides.    Even the American President cannot screw this up.   Can he?   

Just wait, This one is gonna be a doozy.  It's 8:00 EST, Twits are a coming.

4 minutes ago, shaggy said:

Just wait, This one is gonna be a doozy.  It's 8:00 EST, Twits are a coming.

I hope twitter goes down first.   Please somebody distract him with a new golf club

Here is the story he linked to.  Looks like a running timeline.  Not getting the outrage. Perhaps we should focus on the dead, wounded and the many grieving right now, rather than make this about the US President   

https://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2019/03/14/breaking-mass-shooting-at-mosque-in-christchurch-new-zealand/

here is an actual tweet from POTUS

My warmest sympathy and best wishes goes out to the people of New Zealand after the horrible massacre in the Mosques. 49 innocent people have so senselessly died, with so many more seriously injured. The U.S. stands by New Zealand for anything we can do. God bless all!

1 minute ago, The Joker said:

Not getting the outrage.

That's okay.

4 minutes ago, chum said:

Go ...Meli...go..

She is flipping out, with this distraction because it’s going to be really hard to get away from this basic fact:

The suspected shooter described himself as an "ordinary white man born in Australia to a working class, low income family."

8 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Here is the story he linked to.  Looks like a running timeline.  Not getting the outrage. Perhaps we should focus on the dead, wounded and the many grieving right now, rather than make this about the US President   

https://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2019/03/14/breaking-mass-shooting-at-mosque-in-christchurch-new-zealand/

My warmest sympathy and best wishes goes out to the people of New Zealand after the horrible massacre in the Mosques. 49 innocent people have so senselessly died, with so many more seriously injured. The U.S. stands by New Zealand for anything we can do. God bless all!

Looks like someone took over the twit responsibilities this morning.  

7 minutes ago, shaggy said:

Why would you believe that.  The tweet that Bob is so worked up about was a link to the story. Nothing more nothing less. 

I think the point is that the last tweet there appears to be a straightforward, heartfelt sentiment.

25 minutes ago, The Joker said:

T&P

I think I'd rather see you all discussing NZ's firearms law and licensing rather then how Trump initially handled this on Twitter and what media source he linked.

16 minutes ago, chum said:

I think the point is that the last tweet there appears to be a straightforward, heartfelt sentiment.

The comments to the article he linked are heartfelt too

Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 9.03.15 AM.png

36 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Did you read the comments ? The worst have been deleted, what's left is bad enough.

a small sample

of course..there were good people on both sides today :angry:

29 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Why would you believe that.  The tweet that Bob is so worked up about was a link to the story. Nothing more nothing less. 

For one the spelling is correct.  No way he can spell Massacre or Mosque Let alone know to capitalize New Zealand and make it two words.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

No you idiot, there's a problem with the comments...Trump seems to have realised this doesn't look good. He's taken it down.

So a question is answered with a personal attack. 

The tweet was gone when I looked so I asked you what you commenting on, content or source since the tweet was no longer there.

But as my signature line says. Rudeness is a weak person’s imitation of strength. 

Yesterday’s terrible attack that resulted in dozens of deaths and you are all over the place upset about who Trump linked in a tweet. Give me a break. What is offending you today shows that your priorities are out of whack 

41 minutes ago, chum said:

And that it’s not from him.  Trumps got the empathy of a house plant.

25 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Did you read the comments ? The worst have been deleted, what's left is bad enough.

a small sample

So now we judge articles based on what idiots decide to comment.  

Ever read the comments coming out of articles linked from the Daily Koz?  

It's quite simple..you are judged by those you associate with, Trump Chose Breitbart ...why? he could have retweeted any other news outlet..He chose to use a forum where he must know the audience are RW extremists.

• Like 1

Just now, Shortforbob said:

It's quite simple..you are judged by those you associate with, Trump Chose Breitbart ...why? he could have retweeted any other news outlet..He chose to use a forum where he must know the audience are RW extremists.

Who are you to tell anyone where they can get their news.  

As to judging Plenty of that going in this thread and others  

He was a poor working class white guy from Australia.  

Deal with it  

5 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Who are you to tell anyone where they can get their news.  

As to judging Plenty of that going in this thread and others  

He was a poor working class white guy from Australia.  

Deal with it  

Why Breitbart? Why not Fox? 

Here's why he deleted it

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump used Twitter on Thursday night to promote an interview in which he explained how "tough" his supporters could get – and deleted the tweet Friday morning after the New Zealand mosque shootings.

In his chat with the Breitbart News Network, Trump said: "I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump – I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough — until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad."

Breitbart said Trump was talking about the "vicious" tactics of "the left."

“So here’s the thing—it’s so terrible what’s happening,” Trump said before discussing his supporters. “You know, the left plays a tougher game, it’s very funny. I actually think that the people on the right are tougher, but they don’t play it tougher. Okay?"

The White House did not comment on Trump's deletion of the tweet.

Christchurch attacks: Donald Trump, White House condemn New Zealand mosque shootings

Mosque shootings: What we know about New Zealand Christchurch shootings

Trump's critics accused him of fomenting violence by his backers.

"I think it sounds very much to me like he’s encouraging them to engage in something that’s probably illegal such as assaulting people, you know behave in a dangerous way," said Sen. Mazie Hirono, D-Hawaii, speaking on MSNBC. "That sounds like a threat to me. I think it’s appalling.”

Social media users criticized Trump for posting the article as news was breaking about the shootings at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, that left 49 people dead.

On Friday morning, Trump tweeted a condemnation of the the attacks.

"My warmest sympathy and best wishes goes out to the people of New Zealand after the horrible massacre in the Mosques. 49 innocent people have so senselessly died, with so many more seriously injured," Trump said. "The U.S. stands by New Zealand for anything we can do. God bless all!"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/03/15/trump-deletes-breitbart-post-how-tough-his-supporters-can-get/3172413002/

8 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

By your measure. 

Just another one of Meli's feigned outrages to garner attention.

3 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Why Breitbart? Why not Fox? 

Here's why he deleted it

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump used Twitter on Thursday night to promote an interview in which he explained how "tough" his supporters could get – and deleted the tweet Friday morning after the New Zealand mosque shootings.

In his chat with the Breitbart News Network, Trump said: "I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump – I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough — until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad."

Breitbart said Trump was talking about the "vicious" tactics of "the left."

“So here’s the thing—it’s so terrible what’s happening,” Trump said before discussing his supporters. “You know, the left plays a tougher game, it’s very funny. I actually think that the people on the right are tougher, but they don’t play it tougher. Okay?"

The White House did not comment on Trump's deletion of the tweet.

Christchurch attacks: Donald Trump, White House condemn New Zealand mosque shootings

Mosque shootings: What we know about New Zealand Christchurch shootings

Trump's critics accused him of fomenting violence by his backers.

"I think it sounds very much to me like he’s encouraging them to engage in something that’s probably illegal such as assaulting people, you know behave in a dangerous way," said Sen. Mazie Hirono, D-Hawaii, speaking on MSNBC. "That sounds like a threat to me. I think it’s appalling.”

Social media users criticized Trump for posting the article as news was breaking about the shootings at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, that left 49 people dead.

On Friday morning, Trump tweeted a condemnation of the the attacks.

"My warmest sympathy and best wishes goes out to the people of New Zealand after the horrible massacre in the Mosques. 49 innocent people have so senselessly died, with so many more seriously injured," Trump said. "The U.S. stands by New Zealand for anything we can do. God bless all!"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/03/15/trump-deletes-breitbart-post-how-tough-his-supporters-can-get/3172413002/

So his link to Breitbart had nothing to do with the attack.  

It was just to call attention to an interview he did earlier.  

Of course it showed the new headline about the attack when people clicked on it hours later  

What a disingenuous person you are  

46 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

And that it’s not from him.  Trumps got the empathy of a house plant.

Is that entirely fair to house plants?

30 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Is that entirely fair to house plants?

Or the pots they come in?

2 hours ago, shaggy said:

Says the twit...

2 hours ago, chum said:

The geeks have identified at least two twitter devices used (IP adddresses?).   They say the sane Presidential tweets are done by staffers  during regular hours.   The crazy covefe tweets are done by Trump himself from a different device during commercial breaks and sundowner hours.  The staffers need to issue the usual diplomatic statements under the President's name, that is business as usual for every leader.   The danger is Trump's tendency to ad lib streams of consciousness.   At a time of tragedy such as this, his staff need to do everything possible to distract him and keep him from creating further international ill will.   I miss Gen Kelly not because I liked him, but because he demonstrated patriotism and rational thought while trying to run interference.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chum said:

Then I wonder who wrote it?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, chum said:

See speculation above.

This?

3 hours ago, chum said:

3 hours ago, BillDBastard said:

By your measure. 

Just another one of Meli's feigned outrages to garner attention.

What is feigned about objecting to the US *resident claiming that he as the backing of the military, the police and "Bikers for tRump" and they are ready and willing to get "tough" if things don't go right.  

That is quite possibly the single most frightening statement ever made by a US president.  Try to name another.  Try to justify this one.

Breitbart is a place where white supremacists go to feel comfortable.  The comment section is a meeting place for them.

It spews hate.

Why, with all of the places out there to link to, would one choose Breitbart?

Where else are you gonna find a majority of the community who already believe Christchurch to be a false flag

30 minutes ago, Mike G said:

Breitbart is a place where white supremacists go to feel comfortable.  The comment section is a meeting place for them.

It spews hate.

Why, with all of the places out there to link to, would one choose Breitbart?

Apparently he gave them an interview.  The tweet was a link to go to that interview.   But when the tragedy happened the link went to the lead story.  The nutjob killer in New Zealand.  

Shortbob knew that little tidbit before started this thread. 

28 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Where else are you gonna find a majority of the community who already believe Christchurch to be a false flag

Those clever, sneaky Muslims, killing themselves just to give hate groups a bad name.  

I bet Alex Jones wasn't fooled for a minute.

23 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

From Mediaite:

Conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh promoted a fringe conspiracy that suggests the Christchurch, New Zealand Mosque massacre may have been a false flag attack carried out by a “leftist” to “to smear” right-wingers.

“The terrorist had published a manifesto and the manifesto includes the claim from the terrorist shooter that he’s not a conservative, that he’s not a Christian,” Limbaugh said on the air today, hours after at least 49 people were killed and dozens injured. “He identifies as an eco-fascist, and he adds that he disagrees with Trump on politics.”

Limbaugh conveniently ignored the shooter’s other comments about Trump — in which he praised the president “as a symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose.”

“In addition to all of the emotion you have over the sheer shock, terror, and horror of it all, then you realize you’re going to face a whole day of the politicization of it,” he continued. “You realize you’re going to face a whole day of Donald Trump being blamed for it, or you being blamed for it, or things you believe in being blamed for it.”

Just what does the fat boy (Fat boy #2), believe that his followers believe that would result in a mass shooting?

10 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

I've no idea what he intended by Tweeting a Breitbart link to the NZ attack...but you'd think someone would have given him a nudge to take it down.

The comments are really NOT the sort of thing a Politician should be associated with at this time. :angry:

Breitbart News Network http://bit.ly/2KyoPz9  via @BreitbartNews

7,566 replies4,721 retweets14,612 likes

Seems to me he simply wanted to show a live-feed of the event. The information here is Trump considers Brietbart a source of reliable information...