Bristol-Cruiser

Impressed by New Zealand

I must say that I am impressed by NZ's response to the mosque attacks. Seems to me that every turn they have handled a very difficult situation with grace and intelligence. The PM has shown what true leadership is all about.

• Like 6

Just seeing an entire country pull together, and the leadership required to do that is impressive.  In another place, "leaders" would use such an event as a mechanism for dividing the country. 

I hate more than anything to see this aspect of our culture exported to NZ, but I am most impressed with the response of the Kiwi people. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Just seeing an entire country pull together, and the leadership required to do that is impressive.  In another place, "leaders" would use such an event as a mechanism for dividing the country. 

I hate more than anything to see this aspect of our culture exported to NZ, but I am most impressed with the response of the Kiwi people. 

They actually think running around shooting people is bad. Must be one of those 1st world countries I have read about. I may look into this idea further.

Such a contrast with the US gun nut crowd. Seems the whole country, including most gun owners (and there are lots of them) are on board with the PM’s new policies. 

• Hj2_O2Md_bigger.jpg

Until today I was one of the New Zealanders who owned a semi-automatic rifle. On the farm they are a useful tool in some circumstances, but my convenience doesn’t outweigh the risk of misuse. We don’t need these in our country. We have make sure it’s #NeverAgain

This powerful image of police officer Michelle Evans standing guard with a rose and a hijab has been shared widely. Photo / AP

Police officer Michelle Evans standing guard with a rose and a hijab at funerals in Christchurch.

Shhh don’t tell Jeff, he’s never met a girl with a gun that didn’t like.

Besides his keyboard might get icky:D

12 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Why does the USA have to accept ownership of psychopathic terrorism like that? Why not France or Norway or Russia?

30 minutes ago, mikewof said:

Why does the USA have to accept ownership of psychopathic terrorism like that? Why not France or Norway or Russia?

WOF he’s talking about leadership and their divisive nature in the US not terrorism .

1 hour ago, mikewof said:

He was into and fueled by the Nationalism going on in the US.

Here -
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/03/20/donald-trump-hateful-rhetoric-invited-new-zealand-mosque-shooting-column/3213181002/

4 hours ago, austin1972 said:

He's a psychopathic terrorist from Australia who followed Australian far-right nationalists back when Obama was our President.

Per capita, Australia's problems with racist nationalism is probably worse than our's.

Australia owns this one, not the USA.

5 hours ago, Navig8tor said:

WOF he’s talking about leadership and their divisive nature in the US not terrorism .

Ah, makes sense, thank you.

Our leadership is usually decent with progressive attitudes ... with the exception of a recent, unnamed handful of scoundrels, of course. 

We do pretty well with Islamic multiculturalism here. Our scoundrels hate the Mexicans. The Mexicans are too busy working their asses off to pay them any mind.

It brings a funny memory to mind though ... when I lived in Alabama, our town had one little mosque, and they had a decent little playground in the yard, I took my kids to play there regularly, unlike the church playgrounds, nobody gave us any stress and it was close to our house. One of the Muslims there was a convert, you couldn't have picked a more stereotypical Alabama redneck, he drove a lifted pickup, bull balls on the trailer hitch and a "Get 'er Done" back window sticker. He pulls into the parking lot, his fellow Mosque worshippers know him, but have no idea how hilarious was the juxtaposition, he was nothing out of the ordinary for them. They were mostly from Muslim countries, studying or teaching at the university, I guess they didn't see the inherent Saturday Night Live skit that unfolded in front of their eyes every Friday afternoon with that guy.

6 hours ago, mikewof said:

You don't. You need to accept ownership of a sociopathic leadership that would use situations like this to divide the country rather than bring it together. 

New Zealand, as individuals and as a country, have shown the way to unite a country in the face of tragedy. It would do all of our countries good to pay attention and try emulating their example. 

1 minute ago, Bent Sailor said:

You don't. You need to accept ownership of a sociopathic leadership that would use situations like this to divide the country rather than bring it together. 

New Zealand, as individuals and as a country, have shown the way to unite a country in the face of tragedy. It would do all of our countries good to pay attention and try to emulate their example. 

I agree. New Zealanders are a cut above. They make us Yanks and you Aussies look ethically bankrupt some of the times.

If it was up to me, I would be okay if the America's Cup never left Aukland, those guys have made the race more interesting than any other point in my life.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mikewof said:

It brings a funny memory to mind though ... when I lived in Alabama, our town had one little mosque, and they had a decent little playground in the yard, I took my kids to play there regularly, unlike the church playgrounds, nobody gave us any stress and it was close to our house. One of the Muslims there was a convert, you couldn't have picked a more stereotypical Alabama redneck, he drove a lifted pickup, bull balls on the trailer hitch and a "Get 'er Done" back window sticker. He pulls into the parking lot, his fellow Mosque worshippers know him, but have no idea how hilarious was the juxtaposition, he was nothing out of the ordinary for them. They were mostly from Muslim countries, studying or teaching at the university, I guess they didn't see the inherent Saturday Night Live skit that unfolded in front of their eyes every Friday afternoon with that guy.

Hah! My brother is one of those inherently-funny people (at least, to most Japanese). He spent five years in Japan but he lived with Japan's version of rednecks in the mountains and has their accent. Imagine a native Japanese person speaking like a Bama Billy. It doesn't matter what he says, it's funny.

2 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

New Zealand, as individuals and as a country, have shown the way to unite a country in the face of tragedy. It would do all of our countries good to pay attention and try emulating their example. 

I see Ms. Ardern as having a far better chance at a Nobel Prize than the Greatest Divider does. 

20 hours ago, Sean said:

Such a contrast with the US gun nut crowd. Seems the whole country, including most gun owners (and there are lots of them) are on board with the PM’s new policies. 

• Hj2_O2Md_bigger.jpg

Until today I was one of the New Zealanders who owned a semi-automatic rifle. On the farm they are a useful tool in some circumstances, but my convenience doesn’t outweigh the risk of misuse. We don’t need these in our country. We have make sure it’s #NeverAgain

It's astonishing that an ammosexual can overcome his fetish and realize he's been contributing to slaughters, isn't it? I wonder how New Zealanders could achieve this level of cooperation? Possibly by showing some measure of respect for him and his property, not calling him names and taking it without compensation?

Nah. The American Way is always better.

3 minutes ago, Importunate Tom said:

It's astonishing that an ammosexual can overcome his fetish and realize he's been contributing to slaughters, isn't it? I wonder how New Zealanders could achieve this level of cooperation? Possibly by showing some measure of respect for him and his property, not calling him names and taking it without compensation?

Weak.

NZ Police Minister Judith “Crusher” Collins has been getting a lot of heat and lobbying from the NRA spouting about gun Rights she has told them to bugger off, in NZ gun ownership is not a right rather it is considered a privilege.

17 hours ago, Navig8tor said:

NZ Police Minister Judith “Crusher” Collins has been getting a lot of heat and lobbying from the NRA spouting about gun Rights she has told them to bugger off, in NZ gun ownership is not a right rather it is considered a privilege.

Crusher is no longer the police minister, her party is in opposition. When she was minister and there was an attempt to push through a similar policy she folded at the last minute. Emails release indicate the gun clubs threatened to block vote against her party, so she let it go.

To now come out and try and show how strong she is, what a joke. Easy to push back when you have no actual power. Folding when you do shows your true character.

On 3/23/2019 at 6:30 AM, Navig8tor said:

This powerful image of police officer Michelle Evans standing guard with a rose and a hijab has been shared widely. Photo / AP

Police officer Michelle Evans standing guard with a rose and a hijab at funerals in Christchurch.

Beautiful Photo

14 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Shame NZ can't export Politicians like her.

You can have her if you wish. Just please don't send one of yours in exchange.

14 minutes ago, Gissie said:

Come on, we'll give you Scomo and tony, two for one.

hell sweeten the deal, all the independent senators as well.

2 minutes ago, S/V Eva said:

Come on, we'll give you Scomo and tony, two for one.

hell sweeten the deal, all the independent senators as well.

If you aren't careful we will find another Joh to send your way.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gissie said:

The average Aussie pol wouldn’t make it through the pre flight screening the knife in their back would set off the metal detectors:D

And Jacinda was right time, right place and the world loves her.

Never had a real job before Winston thrust her into the spotlight.

Now she’d be a shoe in for a Nobel .

That must torture Donnie he’s been trying to buy one for a couple of years now.

1 minute ago, Gissie said:

If you aren't careful we will find another Joh to send your way.

I withdraw the offer.

37 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

The average Aussie pol wouldn’t make it through the pre flight screening the knife in their back would set off the metal detectors:D

And Jacinda was right time, right place and the world loves her.

Never had a real job before Winston thrust her into the spotlight.

Now she’d be a shoe in for a Nobel .

That must torture Donnie he’s been trying to buy one for a couple of years now.

Agree that Jacinda was right time right place. I also think that any of our leaders would have dealt with it the same. Disappointed if they didn't.

Actually she got thrust into the spotlight by Andrew Little, the previous Labour leader. By some weirdo anachronism Labour leaders are chosen by a bunch of union guys. Probably why they have had a lot of ineffectual dickheads for a while. However if it is within 3 months (I think that is the time frame, maybe 6) then the existing Labour caucus gets to pick. Little waited until the time was right or there was no way she would be there.

As for that cunt Whinny, no way he was ever going to go with National. They have been shafting him for so long, never ever going to happen. 

I really hope she doesn't get the nobel shoe. Doing what she has done is nothing special in my eyes and I am sure in most Kiwis. Respectful and strong, yeah, but nobel shoe, nah. Must be more deserving. But then deserving doesn't really come into it any more. Photo ops and feel good factor seem to have sent substance to the bottom of the list.

Andrew Little abdicated to Jacinda

But Winnie choosing to flop to the Labour  Party put her where she is today.

Whether he was gonna flop or not he was the Queen maker.

22 hours ago, Sean said:
22 hours ago, Importunate Tom said:

Weak.

A few dozen out of over a million

The thing is...

A day after the mass shooting at the two mosques in Christchurch, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced that her government intends to change gun laws in the country, including a potential ban on the type of military-style semiautomatic weapons that were allegedly used by the suspect in the shootings.

Ardern acknowledged that tightening gun laws in the country where gun ownership is common in the rural and farming communities would create "a small degree of uncertainty among some gun owners who possess guns for legitimate reasons."

She assured gun owners that the forthcoming gun law changes were not directed at them.

Why tell such transparent lies?

If gun bans are not directed at gun owners, at whom are they directed?

There won't be an answer because the answer is obvious, making that one of my favorite kinds of questions.

3 hours ago, Gissie said:

Agree that Jacinda was right time right place. I also think that any of our leaders would have dealt with it the same. Disappointed if they didn't.

Actually she got thrust into the spotlight by Andrew Little, the previous Labour leader. By some weirdo anachronism Labour leaders are chosen by a bunch of union guys. Probably why they have had a lot of ineffectual dickheads for a while. However if it is within 3 months (I think that is the time frame, maybe 6) then the existing Labour caucus gets to pick. Little waited until the time was right or there was no way she would be there.

As for that cunt Whinny, no way he was ever going to go with National. They have been shafting him for so long, never ever going to happen. 

I really hope she doesn't get the nobel shoe. Doing what she has done is nothing special in my eyes and I am sure in most Kiwis. Respectful and strong, yeah, but nobel shoe, nah. Must be more deserving. But then deserving doesn't really come into it any more. Photo ops and feel good factor seem to have sent substance to the bottom of the list.

Now now, credit where it's due, she hasn't put a foot wrong since she became PM. All the "baby brain" bullshit like water off a ducks back. She seems to have something lacking in most pollies, genuine compassion. Obama had it too.

31 minutes ago, Importunate Tom said:

Those potentially at the receiving end of the weapons perhaps. 

Just now, Sean said:

Those potentially at the receiving end of the weapons perhaps. 

Then perhaps you'd support exempting current owners from any US gun bans and confiscation programs?

I thought not.

35 minutes ago, Importunate Tom said:

A few dozen out of over a million

The thing is...

Why tell such transparent lies?

There won't be an answer because the answer is obvious, making that one of my favorite kinds of questions.

The wishes of the general community ?:rolleyes:

What she means is that she's not accusing gun owners of being moronic trigger happy nuts responsible for mass shootings. It's refreshing.

Just now, Shortforbob said:

The wishes of the general community ?:rolleyes:

And imposing those wishes on _____________.

Fill in the blank.

5 minutes ago, Importunate Tom said:

Fill in the blank.

You don't understand Tom. In some countries, politicians actually do act on behalf their constituents.

Smart ones try to avoid win/lose outcomes.  

I'm afraid you are just going to have to accept that NZ and OZ are not the USA. We don't have gungrabber hysteria and there's very few people disagree with our gun controls, Don't worry..it's prolly not infectious.

2 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:
6 minutes ago, Importunate Tom said:

Fill in the blank.

You don't understand Tom. In some countries, politicians actually do act on behalf their constituents.

I understand evasion and I know what goes in the blank.

Gun owners may not be the brightest, but we're able to figure out the difference between "there's a legal gun in my house" and "there's an illegal gun in my house" and whether that difference matters to gun owners or others. It's a noticeable difference and matters to gun owners.

She assured gun owners that the forthcoming gun law changes were not directed at them.

Making that an obvious lie. I'm not impressed.

Most people in NZ simply do not see the use or necessity of having a gun capable of firing multiple rounds.

Hunters here are a passionate bunch and most I know enjoy the hunt and taking their target with a single well aimed shot.

They take no pride in filling it full of lead. Excepting the duck shooters perhaps, but shotguns are a different story.

We are not taking away hunting guns or shotguns for that matter.

After the tragic events in Christchurch it simply confirmed for many that a military style semi auto has no place in the public domain something even most of our hunters would agree with.

Indeed it has no place in the Public domain in  the US or any other country for that matter as evidenced by Sandy Hook, Vegas etc. as you are aware the list is quite long.

Whats different is the NRA insisting it is a right and putting money in every politicians back pocket to ensure it remains so.

In the US you are reduced to waiting for the next event,  the next wholesale massacre by someone who should not even have a semi auto and the pollies issue their Thoughts and Prayers and wait......for the next massacre.

That is not normal and it’s not the price of freedom the nutters in the NRA would have you believe,  they are simply justifying their own existence at the cost of hundreds of innocents every year.

NZ lost 50 and that was enough to adopt a change.

In the US it’s called an amendment.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

I'm afraid you are just going to have to accept that NZ and OZ are not the USA. We don't have gungrabber hysteria and there's very few people disagree with our gun controls, Don't worry..it's prolly not infectious.

Fer cryin' out loud Meli, one of your fellow Australians just murdered all of those people in Christchurch.

You should be crying over the rise of supremacist nationalism in Australia that led to this, rather than crowing about the USA.

11 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Beautiful Photo

Isn't this cultural appropriation ?...and isn't that a bad thing....

Interjecting a bit of irony here aimed at gun nutz:  The primary reason for having military style weapons (these would be civilian versions of military ones for the language challenged) is to: Defend the USA against the oppressive government.  The irony? The government they would be fighting consists of the US military which has sworn ........... wait for it..................... to uphold the Constitution of the United States.

So let's just continue to be Oprah!   You get a gun and you get a gun and you get and gun! Everybody gets a gun.

anybody goes dogballs on me gets put on ignore.

13 hours ago, Shortforbob said:
13 hours ago, Importunate Tom said:

Fill in the blank.

Clearly doesn't get it. Laws are imposed on everyone. The same laws that gun nutters don't like are imposed upon gun grabbers, gun agnostics, and those that don't know what the word "gun" means. So to answer Tom's weak attempt at victimhood - the blank is filled in with "all people in New Zealand"

Now stop quoting the guy. You know he's merely trolling. It's all he does. Don't give him the satisfaction of disturbing the peace with his dogballs obsession.

7 hours ago, mikewof said:

Fer cryin' out loud Meli, one of your fellow Australians just murdered all of those people in Christchurch.

You should be crying over the rise of supremacist nationalism in Australia that led to this, rather than crowing about the USA.

It is possible to walk and chew bubblegum at the same time.

We had a fucking despicable person come from our nation & kill people who deserved nothing more than to be left to their prayer in peace. It's something we need to work on.

The USA gets into gun nutter hysterics whenever a despicable person gets a hold of guns over there and kills people that deserve nothing more than to be left to their lives in peace. Sandy Hook comes to mind. It's something you need to work on.

It is a shallow mind that thinks one can only think about, discuss, or act on one issue at a time.

On 3/22/2019 at 11:28 AM, kent_island_sailor said:

Is New Zealand building a wall to keep Australians out? THAT would solve some problems!

For a long time, they built a wall to keep nonwhites out.  Dawn raids in the late 70? Remember them? They "sorta" took it down in 1987. Now it's a point system. 

less than 0.5% African. Such diversity. 

• Like 1

Nailing pulling some figs out of his ass again. Did you not see evidence of our diversity in the recent news reports.

Speaking of diversity how many people from shithole countries is donnie letting in at the moment?

6 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

For a long time, they built a wall to keep nonwhites out.  Dawn raids in the late 70? Remember them? They "sorta" took it down in 1987. Now it's a point system. 

less than 0.5% African. Such diversity. 

The slave trade worked wonders for diversity. 

14 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Now now, credit where it's due, she hasn't put a foot wrong since she became PM. All the "baby brain" bullshit like water off a ducks back. She seems to have something lacking in most pollies, genuine compassion. Obama had it too.

To claim she hasn't put a foot wrong since she became PM is stretching the truth beyond it's elastic limit. As for the genuine compassion, to be a successful polly these days you need the ability to show such a thing. It has always been a requirement, just more so with today's media. If it is to real I think it actually gets in the way of being the top dog. Like her wellness budget. What the hell is that. We will spend more money to help people feel better on some unquantifiable measure made up by some wellness idiots. Obama was the same. Such a nice guy he seemed to sometimes find it hard to make the hard decisions.

Anyway, she is not good and not bad, just okay at present. Has she handled the shooting well, yes. But, as I said before, I would have expected the same from any leader we had at the time. We needed a break from the previous a-holes and she was in the right place at the right time.

Seems NZ is going to get a Royal Commission into the events leading up to the Christchurch shootings.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-25/ardern-announces-royal-commission-into-christchurch-attack/10936386

Ardern said

"Are our surveillance laws too soft? One question we need to answer is whether or not we could or should have known more," she said.

"New Zealand is not a surveillance state. But questions need to be answered around whether or not this was the activity of an individual that we could or should have known about.

"The agencies themselves are welcoming independent oversight and investigation into that very question."

21 hours ago, Importunate Tom said:

Fill in the blank.

7 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

the blank is filled in with "all people in New Zealand"

Well, no. "Imposing" probably doesn't mean what you think. There are lots of non-gun owners who want to grab guns and will not experience any imposition at all. Because they're the ones doing the imposing.

Want to try again at who they are imposing their wishes on? Because I think the PM was lying and the obvious answer to "who is affected by gun bans most" would be "gun owners."

13 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Interjecting a bit of irony here aimed at gun nutz:  The primary reason for having military style weapons (these would be civilian versions of military ones for the language challenged)

Interjecting a visual aid, just so we are all clear on what kind of military hardware we're talking about here.

SWVictoryFlower.jpg

So they banned the manifesto?  So much for free speech.

6 hours ago, jzk said:

You call it free speech we tend to look at it as a hate filled diatribe, a murderers justification to kill innocents.

If we remove it from the public realm and avoid just one other fuckwit from reading it agreeing and carrying out another murderous event, then that is a freedom most here are willing to sacrifice.

The dissemination of hate under the guise of freedom of speech is a really fucked up notion, hate is divisive, seldom productive and for most socially unacceptable.

You lament free speech, I lament hatred  something endorsed by your own President, but we all know he was always a divide and conquer kinda guy right?

• Like 2

It's beyond stupid for the Reich to argue that gunz support freedom - it is quite the opposite. 

My US small city is typical - gun shots are heard regularly, almost every night. This makes people nervous about walking around late in the day. 

In Canadian cities there is almost ZERO gunfire out in the streets. 

Therefore, Canadians rightly feel safer than do gringos - and thus they are more "free". 

See how easy that is? 

19 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

It is possible to walk and chew bubblegum at the same time.

We had a fucking despicable person come from our nation & kill people who deserved nothing more than to be left to their prayer in peace. It's something we need to work on.

The USA gets into gun nutter hysterics whenever a despicable person gets a hold of guns over there and kills people that deserve nothing more than to be left to their lives in peace. Sandy Hook comes to mind. It's something you need to work on.

It is a shallow mind that thinks one can only think about, discuss, or act on one issue at a time.

New Zealand has now made a major change due to this terrorist. Australia needs to look at its developing problem of Supremacist Nationalism, and find a way to do something about it.

Placing blame on a country over 10,000 miles away, as you and Meli are doing, but not addressing the Australian-grown root cause of what happened in Christchurch is silly.

You guys now have a proven supremacist problem, maybe you should discuss a solution before it gets even worse? Have you and Meli demanded anything from Pauline Hanson about this insanity beyond her denial that her brand of hatred had anything to do with it?

You call it free speech we tend to look at it as a hate filled diatribe, a murderers justification to kill innocents.

If we remove it from the public realm and avoid just one other fuckwit from reading it agreeing and carrying out another murderous event, then that is a freedom most here are willing to sacrifice.

The dissemination of hate under the guise of freedom of speech is a really fucked up notion, hate is divisive, seldom productive and for most socially unacceptable.

You lament free speech, I lament hatred  something endorsed by your own President, but we all know he was always a divide and conquer kinda guy right?

The manifesto is most certainly hate filled diatribe - a murderers bullshit justification to kill innocents.  Banning free people from possessing it is a rights violation.  I don't lament free speech.  It sounds as if you do.  I champion it.

1 hour ago, mikewof said:

New Zealand has now made a major change due to this terrorist. Australia needs to look at its developing problem of Supremacist Nationalism, and find a way to do something about it.

Agreed, and we can do that whilst walking, chewing bubblegum, and thinking about other issues we deem important too. It's something that comes with intelligence and maturity. If you haven't developed that skill by now, I'm afraid you'll never work it out this late in life.

Placing blame on a country over 10,000 miles away, as you and Meli are doing, but not addressing the Australian-grown root cause of what happened in Christchurch is silly.

Now you're making things up. I have never blamed the USA for that attack. Do feel free to retract that accusation, or stand by it proving to everyone what a loathsome and despicable little shitposter you are. Your choice. 

You guys now have a proven supremacist problem, maybe you should discuss a solution before it gets even worse?

Don't know about Meli, but I have been discussing that. Perhaps you limit your political discussion to PA. I don't. Especially not if I'm looking for a reasonable, rational discourse. I mean, there was this loathsome slimy twat of a man who just accused me of blaming the USA for a massacre in New Zealand. For no other reason than he is butt-hurt about someone pointing out that neither Australia nor New Zealand have the sheer volume of hysterics when gun control comes up to prevent attacks like these that the USA does. 

With people like that, I tend to focus my productive discussion about domestic issues elsewhere. 

Have you and Meli demanded anything from Pauline Hanson about this insanity beyond her denial that her brand of hatred had anything to do with it?

Demands from Hanson, who's sole appeal to her demographic is her racism? No, that would be a waste of time that anyone even remotely informed about our country's politics would already know. Hell, her party got caught trying to solicit money from US pro-gun lobby groups. Demanding any change from her is like shouting at a wall, ultimately useless. You're either ignorantly talking out your ass or deliberately talking shit. Either way, it's a crap suggestion on your part.

From the major parties that appeal to the rest of the country - yes, we're making demands of them to preference One Nation last meaning that they cannot get any party preferences and must rely on the racists alone to win a platform to spread their bile. Again, something anyone remotely informed about our country would know given it's been a thorn in Scott Morrison's side since his interview with Waleed Aly.

So with that in mind: I'm afraid you are just going to have to accept that NZ and OZ are not the USA. We don't have gungrabber hysteria and there's very few people disagree with our gun controls, Don't worry..it's prolly not infectious.

That statement is true, doesn't blame you for Christchurch, and you can find your own salve for that butthurt you have on display little man. 

12 hours ago, jzk said:

Fuck. Jeffie is going to lose his shit when he reads this. Can't make it about vehicles as weapons and can't complain that free speech isn't restricted. What deflection will he come up with next or will he revert to macho moron form shouting "Fuck you, Second Amendment" over and over like "frank and beans".

26 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Agreed, and we can do that whilst walking, chewing bubblegum, and thinking about other issues we deem important too. It's something that comes with intelligence and maturity. If you haven't developed that skill by now, I'm afraid you'll never work it out this late in life.

Now you're making things up. I have never blamed the USA for that attack. Do feel free to retract that accusation, or stand by it proving to everyone what a loathsome and despicable little shitposter you are. Your choice. 

Don't know about Meli, but I have been discussing that. Perhaps you limit your political discussion to PA. I don't. Especially not if I'm looking for a reasonable, rational discourse. I mean, there was this loathsome slimy twat of a man who just accused me of blaming the USA for a massacre in New Zealand. For no other reason than he is butt-hurt about someone pointing out that neither Australia nor New Zealand have the sheer volume of hysterics when gun control comes up to prevent attacks like these that the USA does. 

With people like that, I tend to focus my productive discussion about domestic issues elsewhere. 

Demands from Hanson, who's sole appeal to her demographic is her racism? No, that would be a waste of time that anyone even remotely informed about our country's politics would already know. Hell, her party got caught trying to solicit money from US pro-gun lobby groups. Demanding any change from her is like shouting at a wall, ultimately useless. You're either ignorantly talking out your ass or deliberately talking shit. Either way, it's a crap suggestion on your part.

From the major parties that appeal to the rest of the country - yes, we're making demands of them to preference One Nation last meaning that they cannot get any party preferences and must rely on the racists alone to win a platform to spread their bile. Again, something anyone remotely informed about our country would know given it's been a thorn in Scott Morrison's side since his interview with Waleed Aly.

So with that in mind: I'm afraid you are just going to have to accept that NZ and OZ are not the USA. We don't have gungrabber hysteria and there's very few people disagree with our gun controls, Don't worry..it's prolly not infectious.

That statement is true, doesn't blame you for Christchurch, and you can find your own salve for that butthurt you have on display little man. 

Okay, so you responded to a reply that I wrote to Meli and then you complain that it doesn't apply to you. Where's that facepalm gif?

7 minutes ago, mikewof said:

Okay, so you responded to a reply that I wrote to Meli and then you complain that it doesn't apply to you. Where's that facepalm gif?

Nope. I'm calling you out for your bullshit claim you made to me, in response to (and quoting) my post, about what you claim I have said:

2 hours ago, mikewof said:

As expected, you're too full of shit and yourself (but I repeat myself) to retract a post you know to be false. You stated I was placing blame on your country - I never did that, you are wrong, you know it, and lack even the modicum of integrity/shame needed to back off and apologise for such a vile accusation. And you wonder why everyone puts you at the same level as Happy Jack when it comes to credibility. :rolleyes: 

Been to New Zealand a number of times - it is a great country, mostly because of the people who overwhelmingly are of good will. 

They have a strong spirit of helping out, volunteering and believe that they are all in this thing (life) together. 

And they are smart and well educated. 

They understand that now is the time for action against the international Reich, and tools of mass killing. 

I'll wager that they get it right. 

(It just slays me the way the Reich whines about liberal values like free speech, while having zero respect for them) 

• Like 1

Number of murder convictions by licensed firearm owners in NZ for last 20 years.

police-oia-1.jpg

police-oia-2.jpg

4 hours ago, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

Number of murder convictions by licensed firearm owners in NZ for last 20 years.

police-oia-1.jpg

police-oia-2.jpg

Ironic then, that an Aussie comes to NZ gets his guns with a licence,  and triples the death toll for the last twenty years in one outing.

Oh and he will be convicted,  he kindly provided the video.

8 hours ago, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

And now there'll be less guns for both licensed and unlicensed firearm owners to kill people with accessible to those that get the hankering for it. Good result for the people, as supported by the people, and damn it must burn you not having the Kiwi's as your excuse anymore. 

On 3/25/2019 at 6:29 AM, mikewof said:

To be fair, Australia's PM isn't pushing white supremacy, or coddling white supremacists like that orange asshole is.

On 3/26/2019 at 9:55 AM, mikewof said:

You guys now have a proven supremacist problem, maybe you should discuss a solution before it gets even worse? Have you and Meli demanded anything from Pauline Hanson about this insanity beyond her denial that her brand of hatred had anything to do with it?

You might want to check the beam in your own eye there, Cliffie.

3 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

To be fair, Australia's PM isn't pushing white supremacy, or coddling white supremacists like that orange asshole is.

I didn't write anything about their PM, but rather Pauline Hanson. And Frasier Anning blamed the Christchurch shooting on immigration, rather than terrorism.

Bringing USA into the discussion that should be dominated by the shadow of this massacre of Australian nationalism ... it's silly, BJ.

The subject of the post you got butthurt about was "gun control" and a comparison of national reactions to it. When it comes to hysterics at the suggestion of gun control, like it or not, the USA leads the list of relevant nations.

Now is when we hear tales about when that list of countries was drawn up, mikey's intimate involvement, and why he knows more than everyone else about the subject; in 3, 2, 1...

RIP NZ

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”

• Downvote 1

What fucking Tripe.

Tell you what,  find that other sock and run along now Not Guilty.

which part is tripe?  NZ muslim leaders espousing the usual anti semitic trope or the solzhenitsyn quote?   Careful now.... two button meme in the waiting.

Ahmed Bhamji is a fucking idiot.  Hopefully the kiwis will remember his bullshit.  

And pauline hanson looks like she stepped out of a trump rally

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

And pauline hanson looks like she stepped out of a trump rally

Sadly, it won't be those opinions that give her electoral grief. Just read the shit MBL dishes up whenever the word "Islam" or "Muslim" hits the 6pm news.

On the upside, her party trying to get $10-20 million from the NRA is sending her electoral prospects into a tailspin. Stomping out attempts to weaken gun control is far more universally acceptable here than stomping out racism. Hanson's party just fucked their best chance at getting stealing the right-wing nutter vote from the (ironically named) Liberals in two months time.

But it has to give one pause when the far-right in Israel has gained ascendance . . 

So much so that Bibi is now considered moderate 

and now watch him bomb Gaza just to build up his cred . .  

Pretty clearly, Israel was not involved in Chch 

But it is reasonable for Islamic folks to point out that Israel has been really careless with Palestinian lives. 

Kiwi's Don't Read This Post

Prohibited information follows...

"The greatest danger to democracy is a struggling population in search of easy answers," commented Philip Freeman, now a professor of classics at Pepperdine University, during a 2016 Arizona State University forum on demagoguery. As demagogues go, New Zealand's Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern looks less like a Mussolini-type leading a mob and more like a participant in the panic trotting just a bit faster than the others and eager to mouth as many "easy answers" as it takes to avoid getting trampled by the rest.

Among those easy answers is a quickly introduced ban on semiautomatic firearms, with a few exceptions for dogballs rifles and shotguns in order to minimize resistance from rural dwellers who need such tools. How enforceable the ban will be is anybody's guess, since the country doesn't currently have widespread registration to track who has which guns. Ardern proposes a national registry for firearms that remain in private hands, presumably to ease the task of confiscating them during the next unthinking panic.

Ironically, mass murderer Brenton Tarrant wanted just such a reaction. In his nasty, hate-filled "manifesto" he explained that, to commit his crimes:

I chose firearms for the affect it would have on social discourse, the extra media coverage they would provide and the affect it could have on the politics of United states and thereby the political situation of the world... With enough pressure the left wing within the United states will seek to abolish the second amendment, and the right wing within the US will see this as an attack on their very freedom and liberty. This attempted abolishment of rights by the left will result in a dramatic polarization of the people in the United States and eventually a fracturing of the US along cultural and racial lines.

The effect on New Zealand law he considered a foregone conclusion, describing gun owners there as "a beaten, miserable bunch of baby boomers, who have long since given up the fight."

Do the people of New Zealand know that they're playing into the hands of a murderous, racist thug? Are they aware that that they're explicitly fulfilling the desires of a self-described "fascist" who admires the government of the People's Republic of China, and wants to "incite violence, retaliation" with the partial goal of "destabilizing and polarizing Western society?"

Perhaps they don't know because "Chief Censor" David Shanks banned possession of both the video record Tarrant made of his crimes, as well as the manifesto he produced explaining what he hoped to accomplish by slaughtering people. Shanks declared it "illegal to have a copy of the video or document, or to share these with others." Knowing possession of either the video or the manifesto by unauthorized individuals is punishable by up to 10 years in prison and NZ$50,000, while distribution can get you 14 years behind bars.

I wonder if any read it despite my warning.

If you're a Kiwi and you're still reading, turn yourself in immediately.

Charles Manson has Resurrected. 
Helter Skelter was about starting a race war in United States.  {name redacted to protect the Kiwis}  is considerably more sophisticated in planning than Manson, looking for civil wars worldwide.

NZL surrendered.
It was a beautiful performance, compassionate to the point of tears, as she transformed a country into a police state.

"Proud" of NZL?   not so much.  

NZL failed by lacking a  Militia of ONE barefooted Texan to stop {name redacted to protect the Kiwis} 

2 hours ago, Mike in Seattle said:

Charles Manson has Resurrected. 
Helter Skelter was about starting a race war in United States.  {name redacted to protect the Kiwis}  is considerably more sophisticated in planning than Manson, looking for civil wars worldwide.

NZL surrendered.
It was a beautiful performance, compassionate to the point of tears, as she transformed a country into a police state.

"Proud" of NZL?   not so much.  

NZL failed by lacking a  Militia of ONE barefooted Texan to stop {name redacted to protect the Kiwis} 

Breathtaking. Absolutely breathtaking.

I'd like to know how many headscarves NZ muslims removed from their heads after 9/11 in solidarity with Christian and Jewish victims.

On 3/27/2019 at 9:35 PM, AJ Oliver said:

But it is reasonable for Islamic folks to point out that Israel has been really careless with Palestinian lives. 

And it's reasonable to point out that Palestine has been really careless with Palestinian lives, none of which has anything to do with all those New Zealanders being murdered like that ...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conflict/Hamas-turns-away-truckloads-of-Israeli-humanitarian-aid-destined-for-Gaza-556565/amp