Sign in to follow this  
warbird

I am waiting for an apology from the libtards

9 hours ago, Olsonist said:

Again, electing Shitstain with Russian help is something Republicans are going to have to live with proud of.

FIFY

-DSK

If this were one of those early 1960’s spy movies, wouldn’t both sides be working a trade- Trump for the Clintons?   

1 hour ago, Amati said:

If this were one of those early 1960’s spy movies, wouldn’t both sides be working a trade- Trump for the Clintons?   

A more even trade would be Trump for a pound of dogshit.

5 Lbs.

Just now, Ishmael said:

A more even trade would be Trump for a pound of dogshit.

Well yes, but if the Right could punish Hillary for her whataboutism transgressions, would they they then allow Trump for his?  Seems to be the implied argument.  Although it looks like a stalking horse to me.

At least the right actually went after Bill Clinton, although they couldn’t deliver.  I think the Left owes it to the country to act as vigorously.  At least with Bill, everybody knew who won, as stinky as it was.  

10 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

In all sincerity, Chesapeake, projecting that opinion onto the "collective left" is exactly the kind of talk you complain about if anyone were to make claims regarding the opinion of the "collective right" and Trump. 

You do get that right?

Even assuming your broad brush generalisation of the left is correct - you have stated as inappropriate and non-productive for people to act that way, yes. Do you stand by that opinion or is your ire for such behaviour only reserved for the other side of politics? 

My expectation applies without regard to political leaning.  Trump won because he struck a chord with people. Russian involvement certainly contributed to that, but the fact remains that the election was indeed a reaction by many against the part of the liberal message that vilifies the core of conservative values.  

Acknowledging this isnt a refutation of the fact that many on the right despise several liberal positions, nor does it excuse the blind hatefulness exhibited by many on the right.  

10 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

My expectation applies without regard to political leaning.  Trump won because he struck a chord with people. Russian involvement certainly contributed to that, but the fact remains that the election was indeed a reaction by many against the part of the liberal message that vilifies the core of conservative values.  

Trump supports Republican positions and undermines and vilifies the core of Conservative values.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Trump won because he struck a chord with people.

He did. I hope those people will come to realize he hasn’t lived up to their expectations, although no doubt many don’t care so long as they believe they’re “winning”. Country be damned. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Acknowledging this isnt a refutation of the fact that many on the right despise several liberal positions, nor does it excuse the blind hatefulness exhibited by many on the right.  

Much of the "core of conservative values" is vile. It is counter to American ideals and principles. People who want to force their religious rules on others, practice subjugation of their wives, and enforce a legal distinction on different classes of Americans based on sex or skin color, deserve to be ridden out of town on a rail.

Trump struck a chord with people who are stupid enough to believe that a TV star whose signature line is "You're FIRED!!" would actually give a shit about their jobs.

Glad to see you acknowledge the blind hatred spewed hourly by the right. I've asked you several times to point out parallel spewage from "The Left" and you've always fallen a bit short. Then of course you jump on The Joker's bandwagon of spuriously calling me a liar. Way to go.

Right now your side is WINNING!!!! Congratulations. I hope you personally are smart enough to try and turn the bus around, or at least down a side street. Our country is on the highway to destruction, as things stand.

-DSK

And there we have the problem in simplest terms.

WTF is wrong with so many Americans that such an odious POS would "strike a chord with them"?

It certainly does not speak well of American society.

• Like 4

Shitstain won because he struck a deal with the Russians, multiple deals which he has lied about repeatedly. Republicans support this and they will have to live with this.

As for Republicans themselves,

image.png.be5a87959de0c2512f0724658bb5c032.png

1 hour ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Trump supports Republican positions and undermines and vilifies the core of Conservative values.

I think its more accurate to say that he replaced Republican positions with his own, and Conservative values have no role in the current GOP.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

What conservative values? No, really, I mean it. What conservative values does the Republican Party of Trump exhibit?

Oh, looks like a few other folks picked on the same topic. Didn’t mean to dog-pile on ya.

9 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

What conservative values? No, really, I mean it. What conservative values does the Republican Party of Trump exhibit?

IMHO - Very few.  He's used labels to promise things, and has done nothing beyond trying to satisfy his apparent narcissistic need for attention and approval.  

31 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

WTF is wrong with so many Americans that such an odious POS would "strike a chord with them"?

I think a lot Americans dont think this is real.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Amati said:

Nor do the numbers.  Trump won because Democrats came up with a candidate who ensured that the same uncounted electors who shocked the world and won a black man the presidency in a racist-ass country would stay the fuck home, while Republicans brought a smaller but louder, and similarly uncounted electoral group to bear: The undereducated, the underpaid, the racially driven, essentially the 'angry white male'.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

Because 63 million Americans believed he was less odious than Hillary.  It is unfortunate that folks on the left can’t, or won’t acknowledge that globalism and illegal immigration (among other factors) threatened to destroy - or already destroyed - the way many in the middle class had made a living.  They believed Hillary would continue to pursue the same policy directions that Obama and Bush has begun and they said “no more”.  More than anything, they didn’t want Hillary appointing more left-wing judges to the SCOTUS and lower Fed counts.  Legislating from the bench has been the domain of the left when they haven’t been able to get their policies enacted through the legislative process, and electing Trump was the way to stop that from happening in the future.

• Like 1

The black guy won with 52.9% in 2008 and 51.1% in 2012. Shitstain 'won' with 46.1% to Hillary's 48.2% in 2016 with a higher turnout than 2012.

демографические are a bitch.

3 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

The black guy won with 52.9% in 2008 and 51.1% in 2012. Shitstain 'won' with 46.1% to Hillary's 48.2% in 2016 with a higher turnout than 2012.

демографические

Right on time...

2 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Right on time...

If you actually read what Clean wrote and what I wrote, I'm being nicer.

17 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

демографические are a bitch.

“They certainly are!”

:)<_<

37 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Nor do the numbers.  Trump won because Democrats came up with a candidate who ensured that the same uncounted electors who shocked the world and won a black man the presidency in a racist-ass country would stay the fuck home, while Republicans brought a smaller but louder, and similarly uncounted electoral group to bear: The undereducated, the underpaid, the racially driven, essentially the 'angry white male'.

That same description is equally applied to a large part of the D voting demographic as well. 

9 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

That same description is equally applied to a large part of the D voting demographic as well. 

Which part is that?

44 minutes ago, J28 said:

Because 63 million Americans believed he was less odious than Hillary.  It is unfortunate that folks on the left can’t, or won’t acknowledge that globalism and illegal immigration (among other factors) threatened to destroy - or already destroyed - the way many in the middle class had made a living.  They believed Hillary would continue to pursue the same policy directions that Obama and Bush has begun and they said “no more”.  More than anything, they didn’t want Hillary appointing more left-wing judges to the SCOTUS and lower Fed counts.  Legislating from the bench has been the domain of the left when they haven’t been able to get their policies enacted through the legislative process, and electing Trump was the way to stop that from happening in the future.

Ok, I’ll assume for the moment you are right.  And game on.  You’ll be down with that?  You look to be hedging for some reason....

I think 63 million voted for more odious. Seriously, they wanted what Shitstain was defecating. They were voting in favor of and not against. Shitstain's poll numbers remain solid with the elk into and after the midterms. Everyone else hates him but the elk, they still love him and defend him.

Jeff nailed it on day 1. Shitstain is entertaining and that more than anything is what the elk want. We can disagree with what entertaining actually means but one thing Hillary isn't is entertaining.

image.png.b0bb69439851cf8a77e364a651441690.png

1 hour ago, MR.CLEAN said:

That's probably true but it doesn't account for the fact that over 40% still support him - despite the evidence of the past 2 years that he is a disgusting excuse for a human being.

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

That's probably true but it doesn't account for the fact that over 40% still support him - despite the evidence of the past 2 years that he is a disgusting excuse for a human being.

Trump struck a chord with a few hundred thousand, maybe a couple million, people and they were enough to swing the electoral college. The elk were always going to vote for him. The elk still support him. Some of those who swung the vote have converted to Trumpism, many haven't - they just didn't like the portrait of Hillary that the elk had helped paint for 25 years. There's been lots of bullshit from the elk trying to overemphasize the size of this swing. It's not big.

Trouble the elk have is they just can't quit Trump. Because Democrats are icky.

2 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

IMHO - Very few.  He's used labels to promise things, and has done nothing beyond trying to satisfy his apparent narcissistic need for attention and approval.  

So why do you care if Lefties slam him and his elk? They aren’t conservative values at all. As opposed to what Fox is saying today, I don’t mind that you celebrate Easter. 

4 hours ago, Olsonist said:

I think 63 million voted for more odious. Seriously, they wanted what Shitstain was defecating. They were voting in favor of and not against. Shitstain's poll numbers remain solid with the elk into and after the midterms. Everyone else hates him but the elk, they still love him and defend him.

Jeff nailed it on day 1. Shitstain is entertaining and that more than anything is what the elk want. We can disagree with what entertaining actually means but one thing Hillary isn't is entertaining.

Trump is wildly entertaining  in a good way. What other current politician ( Trump isn't a politician) would call out "rocketboy"? Who would mise out loud, "let's send the illegals to sanctuary cities"? Trump is very good at pissing off the left.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, warbird said:

Trump is wildly entertaining  in a good way

I know, right!?  Him talking about grabbing pussy was one of the craziest things I've ever heard. 

9 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Which has nothing at all to do with what I was saying, but nice attempt to deflect from the point. 

Perhaps you'd like to compare your use of "the collective left" versus your use of "many on the right", revisit your complaints about projection & broad brush generalisation from others, then reread what I wrote to see if you can address the point of the post.

22 hours ago, warbird said:

Yes, you come across as a retarded moron when you continually ignored all of the evidence of no collusion. Does the shoe fit?

If you think that I am mentally retarded, then present some proof, and that will help me get some social services that I currently do not enjoy....

It is your Christian duty to help those of us who are mentally disabled, and in need of your assistance.

2 hours ago, warbird said:

Trump is wildly entertaining  in a good way. What other current politician ( Trump isn't a politician) would call out "rocketboy"? Who would mise out loud, "let's send the illegals to sanctuary cities"? Trump is very good at pissing off the left.

Based on your contributions to the joke thread I think you and Trump have a lot in common. You must be so proud.

8 hours ago, Amati said:
9 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

A lot of Americans also have a cultural conditioning to think that everything will have a storybook happy ending. I'm shocked at the number of people who cannot cope with any kind of setback or frustration, who think that terminal cancer will never result in death, etc etc.

Deliberately electing a pussy-grabbing crook is kind of a prank, dismantling Constitutional gov't isn't really happening, etc etc. It will all be fine in the end.

Then there's the rank stupidity, for example thinking that the USA somehow was not fully independent after 1784 (ratification of the treaty ending the Revolutionary War). Then of course there is the smaller group who think it's all worthwhile to make liberals mad.

-DSK

2 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

A lot of Americans also have a cultural conditioning to think that everything will have a storybook happy ending. I'm shocked at the number of people who cannot cope with any kind of setback or frustration, who think that terminal cancer will never result in death, etc etc.

Deliberately electing a pussy-grabbing crook is kind of a prank, dismantling Constitutional gov't isn't really happening, etc etc. It will all be fine in the end.

Then there's the rank stupidity, for example thinking that the USA somehow was not fully independent after 1784 (ratification of the treaty ending the Revolutionary War). Then of course there is the smaller group who think it's all worthwhile to make liberals mad.

-DSK

I'd guess that the people who made the American Revolutionary war successful would be called liberals, and the people who supported the British Monarchy would be the conservatives of today....

Funny how one person's revolution becomes another person's insurgency.... were the rebels of the south true patriots, or were they traitors? Are the people defending the constitution backwards thinking, or are they adhering to the rules that exist?

Rules can be changed, but not by a gang of thugs.

5 hours ago, warbird said:

One who isn't a buffoon and a moron?

Pissing off the left is NOT actually the responsibility of the POTUS.

And by "pissing off the left" you mean "breaking international and domestic law, committing human rights violations, committing treason, and destroying our place in the world" yes, indeed that DOES piss us off.

6 hours ago, warbird said:

The language needs a new word to describe your level of intellectual vacuum.

Words like moron, stupid, ignorant, fool etc. just don't cut it when describing someone like you.

19 hours ago, Olsonist said:

0C420B5C-158F-4289-A050-988CE09DD3D1.jpeg

1 hour ago, bhyde said:

0291301e1be11bf015b72ad092b9cefb.jpg

That looks like us looking at TV programming. Apart from being old white people, of course.

On 4/21/2019 at 10:30 PM, SloopJonB said:

The language needs a new word to describe your level of intellectual vacuum.

Words like moron, stupid, ignorant, fool etc. just don't cut it when describing someone like you.

one could think you're simply 'piling on' here, but your post is quite literal. 

'murican reichwingers could very well be the most asinine, ass-backwards bunch of mf'ers to ever walk the face of the planet, and are proof human beings can safely be compared to mindless parasites.

other than that, it's all good.

On 4/21/2019 at 11:35 AM, Olsonist said:

oh jfc, if there was ever a picture worth a thousand words.

22 minutes ago, 3to1 said:

oh jfc, if there was ever a picture worth a thousand words.

Or a barf bag. And addressing the misuse of the term "ELK". The fucking term is "ILK". usually lowercase ilk.  whoever started its use here has got to be a SFB trumper. I have seen the elk in many other forum threads here and it astounds me that so many have latched on to its misuse without the slightest glimmer of anything approaching an enhanced vocabulary. where I live we Shoot the elk every fall hunting season. mebbe we should think about switching to ilk, though.

Oh my. A newbie. It's elk. It's been a PA thing since before my time.

56 minutes ago, timber said:

Or a barf bag. And addressing the misuse of the term "ELK". The fucking term is "ILK". usually lowercase ilk.  whoever started its use here has got to be a SFB trumper. I have seen the elk in many other forum threads here and it astounds me that so many have latched on to its misuse without the slightest glimmer of anything approaching an enhanced vocabulary. where I live we Shoot the elk every fall hunting season. mebbe we should think about switching to ilk, though.

'elk' has four legs or no brain.

2 hours ago, timber said:

FakeNewb started it back when he was Bull Gator. Just go with the flow.

And please send me some ilk backstraps.

47 minutes ago, Importunate Tom said:

FakeNewb started it back when he was Bull Gator. Just go with the flow.

And please send me some ilk backstraps.

Cannibal Tom

8 hours ago, timber said:

Loser..........

9 hours ago, timber said:

It's Eva Dent you're not from around here.

3 hours ago, warbird said:

Loser..........

I thought I was on your ignore list. How might I offend your delicate sensitivities to achieve, again, such lofty station? 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, timber said:
3 hours ago, warbird said:

Loser..........

I thought I was on your ignore list. How might I offend your delicate sensitivities to achieve, again, such lofty station? 

Ignore the idiot. He can't even spell looser correctly.

48 minutes ago, timber said:

I don't think I have ever used ignore. How would I know what silliness lefties feel is worth repeating from the MSM newscasts if I used ignore?

4 hours ago, warbird said:

Loser..........

That's looser, idiot.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, warbird said:

Loser..........

Still waiting?

If it makes you feel better, we all feel sorry for you. 

13 hours ago, timber said:

It’s fucking elk around here and apparently has been for a while.  If you weren’t a pathetic deep sock ala J28 (1000 posts in 15 years) you’d know that.  Who raised you from your coma?

On 4/21/2019 at 12:16 PM, Steam Flyer said:

Much of the "core of conservative values" is vile. It is counter to American ideals and principles. People who want to force their religious rules on others, practice subjugation of their wives, and enforce a legal distinction on different classes of Americans based on sex or skin color, deserve to be ridden out of town on a rail.

Trump struck a chord with people who are stupid enough to believe that a TV star whose signature line is "You're FIRED!!" would actually give a shit about their jobs.

Glad to see you acknowledge the blind hatred spewed hourly by the right. I've asked you several times to point out parallel spewage from "The Left" and you've always fallen a bit short. Then of course you jump on The Joker's bandwagon of spuriously calling me a liar. Way to go.

Right now your side is WINNING!!!! Congratulations. I hope you personally are smart enough to try and turn the bus around, or at least down a side street. Our country is on the highway to destruction, as things stand.

-DSK

No, it isn't Steamers - and it's comments like that that have so many people more interested in, as you like to put it "pissing off the libbyruls" than in seeking good governance.   You wanta see some more blind hatred?  Look in the mirror brudda. 

1 minute ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

No, it isn't Steamers - and it's comments like that that have so many people more interested in, as you like to put it "pissing off the libbyruls" than in seeking good governance.   You wanta see some more blind hatred?  Look in the mirror brudda. 

Are there a core set of conservative values? What are they, cause it's really hard to figure out what they are from observation.
Is there a party that represents those values?

• Like 1

On 4/21/2019 at 2:21 PM, MR.CLEAN said:

Which part is that?

The obama phone voters, the people who "voted for the black man" because he wasn't white, and the rabid lefties who can't fathom that there are indeed rational people on the right who have different priorities and different ideas for progress than THEY do, and respond with bile and hate to every attempt to explain those differences.  

You might think that those folks are justified in their hate, racism and ignorance - but, it doesn't change that racism hate and ignorance exist on the left as well. 

1 minute ago, Raz'r said:

Are there a core set of conservative values? What are they, cause it's really hard to figure out what they are from observation.

I've repeated what I consider to be the "core conservative values" ad nauseum - and right now?  No - I don't think that there's a party that represents those values. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I've repeated what I consider to be the "core conservative values" ad nauseum - and right now?  No - I don't think that there's a party that represents those values. 

fair enough, we're in agreement then.

1 hour ago, Raz'r said:

That's looser, idiot.

Could it be tighter?

I apologize!

40 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Conservatism has changed. It's all about hating gays, hating blacks, hating libby-rulls, rubbing your religion in other peoples' face, voting for a crook and yelling HA HA WE WON!!!

Why is there a HUGE media empire built on marketing this barely-concealed..... often quite open...... "conservative" hatred towards others? I don't know. Back when I considered myself conservative, there were a few elements of it but it was a bug not a feature. I made fun of the KKK'ers and the Birchers and the Bible-thumping bumpkins..... still do, for that matter. They're ignorant, self-righteous hypocrits. They used to be the sideshow, and conservatism was political philosophy with principles that were NOT aligned with any of their desires. One by one those principles dropped away.

Now they are the mainstream, the target audience, the base.

If you think there is an equal amount of hatred from "the left" then where is the media empire, feeding it? I've asked you this before.

OTOH with the bitter and unbridgeably wide divisiveness in US politics, the hatred from the left is growing. Maybe there will an equivalent of Rush & Fox/Hannity etc etc for lefties soon. But as of now, there isn't.

-DSK

45 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

From a worldwide comparative perspective, the Democratic party represents conservative values.

The Republicans represent loony right wing "values" (More for ME).

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Raz'r said:
44 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

fair enough, we're in agreement then.

I agree with that also; but the "core conservative values" AGITC is probably talking about have fallen by the wayside long since.

For example, the conservatives of 10 years ago, or more, would have been appalled and disgusted at Team R! cheerleaders wearing "Better Russian Than Democrat" T-shirts; and the selling of US foreign policy for the sake of a real estate deal for the profit of the President.

But that's what is "conservative" nowadays.

For the record, I did not think Sen. Jesse Helms (discussed in another thread) was conservative BITD; he was primarily a race-baiting asshole and basher of anything libby-rull and/or Democrat. He was in may ways the trend-setter for todays' conservatives, except that he believed in servicing his constituency (whether you voted for him or not).

-DSK

The hypocrisy of the “Christian Right” is amazing. Core values? What would Jesus say about that? 

I firmly believe that the Democratic platform in general hews much closer to His teaching than the Republicans.

Disclaimer: I’m a non-theist 

• Like 4

Chessy and his Conservative brethren have been marginalized. They used to the center of the Republican party, and long for the days when they stood shoulder to shoulder with the segment of America that fought wars and then went home to farm, to run small businesses and bellied up to the bar at the yacht club. But they became complacent, and did not establish similar vigor in their kids, or spread their message to minorities, LGBTQ, women.

It turns out that the yacht club was purchased by rich developers, the farms were bought up by industrial agriculture behemoths and the conservative voters are now a miniscule and irrelevant part of the lobbying firm turned government union run by the Koch's, Rupert Murdoch and the Waltons. They purchase votes, they craft divisive campaigns on trigger issues and they amass more & more power.

The GOP has been corrupted by this attack. The proof was when we invaded a country on false evidence, ostensibly to take oil revenues from an recalcitrant dictator and enrich Haliburton, and no one was punished. The proof was when bankers crashed our economy and the GOP made sure no one lost their bonuses.

The current president, currently the ruler of the GOP, has no interest in responsible governance, to protect out national security, to appoint qualified judges or Fed members. Its all message and no substance. And the message distracts from the plan... to give our money, our banks, our education, our heritage to the rich.

• Like 9

Yep. Arnold Toynbee: Great civilizations are not murdered. They commit suicide.

3 hours ago, Sean said:

Still waiting?

If it makes you feel better, we all feel sorry for you. 

i don't....

Neither do I.

He's a self inflicted wound.

12 hours ago, phillysailor said:

...    ...    ...

The current president, currently the ruler of the GOP, has no interest in responsible governance, to protect out national security, to appoint qualified judges or Fed members. Its all message and no substance. And the message distracts from the plan... to give our money, our banks, our education, our heritage to the rich.

This is the message that would resonate

FallingWages.png

Which is why the 1%ers -must- be given tax breaks.

-DSK

8 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

This is the message that would resonate

FallingWages.png

Which is why the 1%ers -must- be given tax breaks.

-DSK

Nice,  labor has become more efficient in the last 60 years. What is your point?

2 minutes ago, warbird said:

Nice,  labor has become more efficient in the last 60 years. What is your point?

What is your point?

16 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

I agree with that also; but the "core conservative values" AGITC is probably talking about have fallen by the wayside long since.

For example, the conservatives of 10 years ago, or more, would have been appalled and disgusted at Team R! cheerleaders wearing "Better Russian Than Democrat" T-shirts; and the selling of US foreign policy for the sake of a real estate deal for the profit of the President.

But that's what is "conservative" nowadays.

For the record, I did not think Sen. Jesse Helms (discussed in another thread) was conservative BITD; he was primarily a race-baiting asshole and basher of anything libby-rull and/or Democrat. He was in may ways the trend-setter for todays' conservatives, except that he believed in servicing his constituency (whether you voted for him or not).

-DSK

No it isn't - it's what the hatefulness we've thrown at each other for the past 20 years has created.   In your earlier post - you made some good points, and that the behavior of the current crop of Rs would be rightfully derided.  I think that the considerate individual would be asking themselves WHY this has happened, and I'll say up front that I don't think it's all due to Fox news. 

10 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

No it isn't - it's what the hatefulness we've thrown at each other for the past 20 years has created.   In your earlier post - you made some good points, and that the behavior of the current crop of Rs would be rightfully derided.  I think that the considerate individual would be asking themselves WHY this has happened, and I'll say up front that I don't think it's all due to Fox news. 

Agreed.  Rushbo and AM radio bears its share of the responsibility.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sean said:
2 hours ago, warbird said:

What is your point?

He's trying to nail down "Dumbest Poster on PA". He does have some serious competition.

1 hour ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Again, this is just bothsiderism and both sides are not equally, anywhere near equally, to blame.