scribe

Aussie gun control bugs the NRA.

In one meeting in Washington DC last September, senior NRA lobbyist Brandi Graham told the pair it would be easier for the NRA to resist calls for gun control in the US if Australia had softer gun ownership laws.

"That helps us, because the biggest argument we always get from folks is, 'Well, look at Australia'," Ms Graham said.

I followed the suggestion to look at Australia and learned that a guy like me can't own an "assault" weapon like my wife's squirrel shooter.

Seems pretty silly to me.

Americans usually react by telling me that no reasonable people really want to ban our squirrel guns. So I guess I'm supposed to just ignore the legislative proposals to do exactly that. I ignore the soothing voices and look at legislation.

Owning a gun was never a constitutional right in Australia.

D1rRQq1WoAAiFuf.jpg.45473426241d8fa1660af4504ef77790.jpg

I like the bit in the documentary where the NRA PR woman tells the One Nation idiot that Australian gun laws are a problem for them..because everyone cites them..makes me very proud.

Nobody gives a fuck about that confused country......hell they are sitting on a fortune of natural resources but the hand wringing greenweenies have hobbled the economy regulating the harvesting financially impractical....same thing Obama and the Libgressive have started to do in this country with our clean coal....we have MASSIVE amounts of coal and clean extraction methods along with clean burning of coal...but because coal is black..dumbfucks think it is dirty

2 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

I like the bit in the documentary where the NRA PR woman tells the One Nation idiot that Australian gun laws are a problem for them..because everyone cites them..makes me very proud.

I have a friend who teaches firearm safety and works as a security guard he also target shoots with a pistol.

He owns 3 identical Glocks because that is what our laws require him to own.

1 Glock can only be used for teaching firearm safety its licensed/registered for business use and cannot be used for anything else.

2nd Glock can only be used when working as a security guard it is licensed/Registered for business use security guard and cannot be used for anything else.

3rd Glock he uses for pistol target shooting he cannot use it for anything else as its licensed/registered for target shooting.

With identical Glocks he has to check serial numbers to make sure he has the right Glock for genuine need when taking Glock from safe the consequences of choosing the wrong one will result in License being revoked and guns confiscated

Same thing with shotguns, I know many farmers who have semi auto Cat C shotguns which they can only use on their Primary Production property, if they want to help a neighbour or go clay target shooting they have to use another shotgun as their Cat C shotgun cannot be taken from their property.

Our stupid laws make people own more guns than they really need. If we  changed our laws to allow any registered firearm to be used for any lawful purpose it would reduce the number of firearms some people own . Not likely to happen the bedwetters would scream our laws were being watered down if sensible changes were proposed.

1 minute ago, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

I have a friend who teaches firearm safety and works as a security guard he also target shoots with a pistol.

1 Glock can only be used for teaching firearm safety its licensed/registered for business use and cannot be used for anything else.

2nd Glock can only be used when working as a security guard it is licensed/Registered for business use security guard and cannot be used for anything else.

3rd Glock he uses for pistol target shooting he cannot use it for anything else as its licensed/registered for target shooting.

With identical Glocks he has to check serial numbers to make sure he has the right Glock for genuine need when taking Glock from safe the consequences of choosing the wrong one will result in License being revoked and guns confiscated

Same thing with shotguns, I know many farmers who have semi auto Cat C shotguns which they can only use on their Primary Production property, if they want to help a neighbour or go clay target shooting they have to use another shotgun as their Cat C shotgun cannot be taken from their property.

Our stupid laws make people own more guns than they really need. If we  changed our laws to allow any registered firearm to be used for any lawful purpose it would reduce the number of firearms some people own . Not likely to happen the bedwetters would scream our laws were being watered down if sensible changes were proposed.

4 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Our stupid laws

Not just theirs.

We have some silly rules about place-specific permits too. One of them will be heard by the Supreme Court before long.

Issue: Whether New York City’s ban on transporting a licensed, locked and unloaded handgun to a home or shooting range outside city limits is consistent with the Second Amendment, the commerce clause and the constitutional right to travel.

NYC has until August to file their brief so some time in the fall.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

Thats your state law. My state understands guns can multitask.

17 hours ago, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

Be happy you don't live in Missouri. Republicans there want to require every resident (18-35) to own an AR15. Heck, let's call that the Man Card Mandate. It's gonna give new meaning to Missouri's name, The Show Me State.

https://www.abc15.com/national/missouri-lawmaker-proposes-bill-that-would-require-all-residents-to-own-an-ar-15-rifle

Because you never know when Arkansas will attack.

17 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

They'll be citing NZ soon too 

19 hours ago, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

I have a friend...

Didn't even get past the first sentence without making something up.

Fuck the NRA, and fuck One Nation.

Australia's gun laws are good. We haven't had a bunch of schoolkids massacred in years, actually never.....

3 hours ago, Olsonist said:

Not Arkansas, the British Empire.

The 2nd Amendment was designed to enable a new nation without an organised army to fight back if the Brits decided to take back their colony.

"...a well-regulated militia" does not translate as a bunch of random civilians, some of whom will be responsible law-abiding folks who have trained in gun safety.

The rest will be an assortment of inadequates with a disturbing love for their weapons, swivel-eyed loonies with a grudge against humanity, just plain drunk or stoned fools with poor impulse control, and so on. They're all, at some time or another, going to shoot somebody. 

29 minutes ago, Happy said:

Not Arkansas, the British Empire.

The 2nd Amendment was designed to enable a new nation without an organised army to fight back if the Brits decided to take back their colony.

"...a well-regulated militia" does not translate as a bunch of random civilians, some of whom will be responsible law-abiding folks who have trained in gun safety.

The rest will be an assortment of inadequates with a disturbing love for their weapons, swivel-eyed loonies with a grudge against humanity, just plain drunk or stoned fools with poor impulse control, and so on. They're all, at some time or another, going to shoot somebody. 

Missouri is probably safe the Poms have enough to deal with in Brexit

4 hours ago, Olsonist said:

Be happy you don't live in Missouri. Republicans there want to require every resident (18-35) to own an AR15. Heck, let's call that the Man Card Mandate. It's gonna give new meaning to Missouri's name, The Show Me State.

https://www.abc15.com/national/missouri-lawmaker-proposes-bill-that-would-require-all-residents-to-own-an-ar-15-rifle

They will end up with a deal by which all white folks will be required to have them but only 3 out of every five black folks will. They’ll call it “The Missouri Compromise.”

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheUltimateSockPuppet said:

Missouri is probably safe the Poms have enough to deal with in Brexit

But in another few months when Brexit is settled one way or another you never know.

5 hours ago, Happy said:

We haven't had a bunch of schoolkids massacred in years, actually never.....

You must not have freedom then.  apparently the price is a few dozen dead kids every few weeks