So the deal of the decade, cheap charters on RS 21 for NOODS, took a swan dive in Tampa, was the hit of the party is Dago, and now is on track to belly flop in Annapolis.  Same fleet, same deal, three different locations: 2 flops and 1 fly.  Simple question: Why?  or Why Not?  You literally cannot even transport your trusty Melges, J70 or Viper very far for the all-in charter price.  The convenience is more than worth it alone.  So why are these things not flying off the Annapolis NOOD shelf (as indicated by registrations)?  Too early to call?  Too hide-bound to our lead-belly swans?  Curious is all.  Is it the boat?  The price? The location?  Our model is confused.  Please help sort her out.

headscratch.jpg

It sure where you get your info. St. Pete was cancelled due to some health issues that made us deside fo send the 6 Pack straight to Dago and buy us some time to do things right. We decided last minute that we might as well sail the two demo boats in St. Pete so we could also demo. It was great for that. We did have a breakdown on one boat that had a prototype part break. Early boat. All set now. 

San Diego was great. Couldn’t have been better. More footage coming. 

Charleston is next and we will have 9 boats and will be great.

We are just starting to work on Annapolis which we will have the 6 Pack but we have a corporate charter come up on May 1 so we will have the other three boats there. Might get one or two back for Annapolis but it will be tight. So if you want to charter for Annapolis let us know. 

We are working on Chicago next. Lots of the delay was to get our system down for the 6 pack and now that we have that we are moving ahead with all events. Even have a team that wants to do all NOODs next year. 

We are full full speed ahead and taking orders too. For more info email me at ed@rssailing.com

#6PACKSAILING

#ROCKUPANDRACE

• Like 1

I'm taking a vacation to work media at Charleston for the 12th year. We'll do a feature and share it here.  Hope you and the family are well Iceman.

Not stirring shit...just postulating.  The RS-21 charter is best fleet-building idea I've seen in 35 years sailing.  RS and Sail-22 are putting in all the hard work, sweat and love to make it work.  Imagine getting to do FIVE (5) MAJOR regatta on ALL THREE COAST in primo locations and prime time for $12,500 ALL UP.  That's right, one boat $2500 X 5 events = $12,500.  That's complete delivery, setup, training, new sails.  Step on day one.  Step off day last.  Get onboard your flight and sleep all the way home.  Now SPLIT that with three other buds and tell me it ain't the best deal going.  Me.  There.  2020.

19 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

I'm taking a vacation to work media at Charleston for the 12th year. We'll do a feature and share it here.  Hope you and the family are well Iceman.

Thanks Clean. Family with be there with me. Should be fun. Appreciate it. Let me know if we can get you out for a ride too.

10 hours ago, JimBowie said:

Not stirring shit...just postulating.  The RS-21 charter is best fleet-building idea I've seen in 35 years sailing.  RS and Sail-22 are putting in all the hard work, sweat and love to make it work.  Imagine getting to do FIVE (5) MAJOR regatta on ALL THREE COAST in primo locations and prime time for $12,500 ALL UP.  That's right, one boat $2500 X 5 events = $12,500.  That's complete delivery, setup, training, new sails.  Step on day one.  Step off day last.  Get onboard your flight and sleep all the way home.  Now SPLIT that with three other buds and tell me it ain't the best deal going.  Me.  There.  2020.

All good JimBowie. You are just getting the info out and making sure we are doing our job and updating the information. Keep it up. We work hard so you can sail. RS is a great company that really just wants to make sailing easier and more fun. Sail22 is the same way but we add to the upgrades and concierge side. It is making a great combo and with Racegeek supporting with their d10 and Spinlock with their Deckvests we have a great program going. 

• Like 1

The RS21 is at the Pacific Boat Show April 4-7... come by to come sailing!

Shoot me a note Todd@RSSailing.com if you want to schedule a demo with the @WestCoast Team during the show.

IMG_0791.jpg.497533ce171178ef460a62014d2305e9.jpg

On 3/27/2019 at 11:31 PM, JimBowie said:

Also not shit stirring .....also huge admirer of RS .....but best deal?     $850 for new boat delivered set up in Palma . Also not a bad deal and a primo location.    That said, the Viper is a very different boat and Palma is more of an exotic location requiring a longer time commitment.  I wouldnt fly all the way to Palma for all 5 regattas but if I was European I would be all over that. I could even be tempted to do one of the Palma series next year.   

I dont disagree The RS21 roadshow is a good fleet building concept and kudos to RS, but Melges also had similar opportunities in the Melges 20, we got invited as guest skipper as potential owners to Miami and Charleston.      

and of course we ended up buying a J70.....

As a customer buying a boat is fun, for the salespeople who support our sport, selling boats is a lot of hard work.

1 hour ago, EYESAILOR said:

Also not shit stirring .....also huge admirer of RS .....but best deal?     $850 for new boat delivered set up in Palma . Also not a bad deal and a primo location.   

Hello Eye,

Thank you but its not really a fair comparison. Ed is hauling 6 boats around the USA bringing demo boats to the sailors, setting them up, taking them down and doing it again. Honestly as someone who knows the cost of moving my own boat just once a year to Florida and back without having to please a customer....I can appreciate that what Ed and RS are doing is a heroic effort.  Im with Jim on this one....it is actually a heck of a deal.

RS is committed to this and the view of most Viper sailors including myself is that the RS21 is great for our sport. The more people we can get back on the water the better. If the RS 21 fills a need in club programs to get adults sailing.....then this is a stepping stone that so many other classes including the Viper will benefit from.  We are wishing RS every success with this, in quite a concrete way.

and yes I am going to Palma. I was waitlisted for March but got a slot for May.  Whoop whoop but I would also jump at the chance of going for a ride on the RS 21.  I havent asked Ed yet because I suspect he is way too busy but I would love to sail one.

Eye.....what do we have to do to get you off the fence?  At this stage, we would be thrilled if you bought an RS 21 or a Viper 640....:) 

Thanks for the support @Mambo Kings and @JimBowie.  

There are certainly a lot of ways to look at it, if we parked the six RS21s in one location and chartered from there or if we only did one boat, we could do it cheaper. 

It's also not as easy not being a domestic company to pull this off, if we manufactured them here and drove them down the road to go sailing it would all be a lot simpler. We also feel a strong need to support the boat from corporate, I think this sets us apart from other manufacturers and if we want to do that, we can't go broke on the first demo tour.

Not that I feel the need to explain ourselves, but I also give huge credit to my colleagues for having this vision to take a loss to get the boat out there. Real cost just from the water in San Diego to water in Charleston was well over 15K which is exactly what we're getting for the 6 charter boats. Those fees include entry fee and insurance for the teams.  And of course we have labor (huge thanks Ed and Sean for their work!),  housing, food, insurance, other forms of support, funding the boats, and way more that I'm not even thinking of.  

There is a reason that it costs $1,000+ to charter a Laser or 420 at a Miami event.  

Either way, most of the people sailing Charleston wouldn't have been sailing on other boats, we're excited to share an amazing boat and get more people sailing.

It's good to see a healthy Charleston Race Week! 

@EYESAILOR I'd sent you a message on March 1 to re-extend the offer I'd made previously to come sail the RS21 with us. You are more than welcome when ready.

@Mambo Kings definitely reach out to Ed, he won't be phased. Or otherwise come join in one of the demos in the CT/NY later this year.

-Todd

Lot of work to get here, but the boats are ready for Charleston Race Week!

Big thanks to Selden USA for their part.

Thanks to the Sail22 and RS Sailing Teams!

Ed and Sean from Sail22 are absolute legends!

Alex Newton-Southon CEO of design and co-designer of the RS21 is in Charleston rigging boats.

We've also had help from our many others including our dealers Zim Sailing, Boat Locker, KO Sailing, and West Coast Sailing.

It takes an army, thank you everyone!

RS21CRW.jpg

RS21CRW2.jpg

RS21CRW3.jpg

This comes under title: Saving Sailing as much as: Promoting Product.  RS and Sail22 rock when it comes to putting it out there and getting peeps interested.  Boats shows?  Static models?  Fluffy brochures.  Waste fckn time and effort.  Getting REAL boats to REAL events and RACED is 100% the new metric.  Any brand/dealer not willing to rig their shit up and let me go out an abuse it will never again get my $.  This little tour of America just set new bar.

7 hours ago, RSsailingNA said:

L

RS21CRW2.jpg

Hey Todd,

Is that rig eventually going back to the West Coast? Any chance you can lash a couple of Vipers on top, headed for the Worlds in Long Beach? ;)

Jest kidding. Seriously, that is quite the rig!   Good luck in Charleston. I would be there with the other Vipers but family commitment took a priority.  Its a great event. Have fun.

Yeah...reach out to me when in CT and I will come for a ride...otherwise Ill just hop on the IHYC boats when they arrive. Just know that I was bitten by Viper venom several years ago and there is no known cure ...but that doesnt mean I cant enjoy other boats as well.