Sign in to follow this  
SailRacer

CRW 2019

We will be back.  Probably won't be able to sail, but will be on the water.  Can't wait!

Had fun last year but will be missing this years event due it being a Transpac year and no vacation left.

3 hours ago, Svanen said:

CRW is always fun! Especially the IOD and Bluenose racing.

2016-08-25_11-23-19.jpg

The+best+Bluenose+fleet+(816+x+612).jpg

Must be nice to live in a place with a season so long your bottom can be that dirty in April.

ryley, Nova Scotia has a very short season (sailing typically doesn’t beGin until ‘Junuary’). CRW is in early August. ;)

Since moving to SC I've been hoping to get on a boat, but will miss again this year.  May do a century bike ride Saturday morning, then try to see what I can see in the afternoon.  Just seeing a harbor full of sailboats makes the trip worth it for me.

Would love to get on a Viper or similar.  The RS21 charters/rides are appealing too.  But I will sail anything! 

On 3/29/2019 at 6:56 PM, blurocketsmate said:

Since moving to SC I've been hoping to get on a boat, but will miss again this year.  May do a century bike ride Saturday morning, then try to see what I can see in the afternoon.  Just seeing a harbor full of sailboats makes the trip worth it for me.

Would love to get on a Viper or similar.  The RS21 charters/rides are appealing too.  But I will sail anything! 

That's a great ride. It used to be the day after the bridge run.  I just did a 50 mile Gravel Fondo thru Francis Marion NF a few weeks ago. It was SCHWEET.

No CRW for me this year. The wife is a teacher and it's her Spring Break. Key West bound... 

• Like 1

On 3/29/2019 at 5:23 PM, Svanen said:

ryley, Nova Scotia has a very short season (sailing typically doesn’t beGin until ‘Junuary’). CRW is in early August. ;)

ya got me. whole other CRW. Still no excuse for that bottom ;)

• Like 1

Yep, will be there with the F28R

Sail22 will be there supporting anyone that needs help. We will be running the 8 RS21's and Chartering our J/70. Look for us at James Island YC starting this weekend and Patriots Point after that. Let us know if you want to test out the RS21.

Later,

Ed

On 3/29/2019 at 3:56 PM, blurocketsmate said:

May do a century bike ride Saturday morning, then try to see what I can see in the afternoon. 

Damn.  That is one flat century.  Makes the Palm springs century look positively hilly, which it isn't!

^^^  They don't call it The Lowcountry for nuthin'!

Wind can more than make up for hills, either place.

Hope it blows good for the racin' -- not too little, not too hard.