Fakenews

Dershowitz and Epstein - it’s about to get real.

32 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Hopefully SDNY will do a better and more thorough job than Acosta and Florida did?

Acosta threw out a 53-count indictment and gave cover to an untold number of un-named other participants. It would be hard to do worse than that. 

10 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

5ED0561D-45D8-4C0B-A0B8-155E38AA0F61.jpeg

what is the usual punishment in florida for a single count of felony solicitation of prostitution?

7 minutes ago, hermetic said:

what is the usual punishment in florida for a single count of felony solicitation of prostitution?

Dunno, but when the "prostitute" is a child, I would expect it to be more severe than when it involves an adult. Felonies usually mean a floor of a year and a day, without being able to come and go as you please (no pun intended). 

17 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:
28 minutes ago, hermetic said:

Dunno, but when the "prostitute" is a child, I would expect it to be more severe than when it involves an adult. Felonies usually mean a floor of a year and a day, without being able to come and go as you please (no pun intended). 

what a mess these two (acosta and krischer) made of this.  It'd be nice if, after berman puts epstein away, he explains what went down in 2008

39 minutes ago, hermetic said:

what a mess these two (acosta and krischer) made of this.  It'd be nice if, after berman puts epstein away, he explains what went down in 2008

Involvement of the public corruption unit of SDNY is no accident, methinks. There's already a federal judge who ruled that Acosta's office violated the CVRA with the non-prosecution agreement. What I would like to know is if the confidentiality agreement between Acosta's office and Epstein's team resulted in depriving Krischer's office of information.  Krischer seems to be saying that he did what he could with the information he had.  I'd like to know more about that angle. 

yeah.  like how did, at a minimum, statutory rape not get charged by one of them

29 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Involvement of the public corruption unit of SDNY is no accident, methinks. There's already a federal judge who ruled that Acosta's office violated the CVRA with the non-prosecution agreement. What I would like to know is if the confidentiality agreement between Acosta's office and Epstein's team resulted in depriving Krischer's office of information.  Krischer seems to be saying that he did what he could with the information he had.  I'd like to know more about that angle. 

The fact that the public corruption unit is on the case is a big deal

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

There is no prostitution if it is a child.  Molestation of a minor or statutory rape or rape.

3 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

There is no prostitution if it is a child.  Molestation of a minor or statutory rape or rape.

Exactly. The victims got thrown under the bus.  I'd like to know more about the information available to the state attorney and how this became a prostitution case instead of a child abuse case. 

49 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Involvement of the public corruption unit of SDNY is no accident, methinks

maybe related to the time the Prosecutor (Acosta) had a one on one  breakfast meeting with Epstein's defense attorney?

7 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

maybe related to the time the Prosecutor (Acosta) had a one on one  breakfast meeting with Epstein's defense attorney?

It could be anything, or it could be nothing.  We won't know unless they charge. 

13 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Fox is doing the hard work deflecting from Acosta today

I love the "Distraction Becky" nickname from the other day.  Top Notch. 

24 minutes ago, Nice! said:

Like Shav borscht......

1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

Fox News is studiously avoiding asking Ken Starr (an architect of Epstein’s 2008 plea deal) any questions about that deal.

Weird

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news-hasnt-asked-ken-starr-a-paid-contributor-about-the-sweetheart-deal-he-brokered-for-jeffrey-epstein?ref=home1

that might be considered a tad bit unethical

2 minutes ago, hermetic said:

that might be considered a tad bit unethical

Unethical?..... Ken Starr?! FOX NEWS?!.....:D:lol:

direct conflict of interest has rarely stopped Fox before.

anyways one things clear about Epstein - like Trump he used the mostly fawning New York press to burnish an image of wealth and success.

Fox News is studiously avoiding asking Ken Starr (an architect of Epstein’s 2008 plea deal) any questions about that deal.

Weird

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news-hasnt-asked-ken-starr-a-paid-contributor-about-the-sweetheart-deal-he-brokered-for-jeffrey-epstein?ref=home1

Some sloppy work there.  I read the Partial Summary Judgment order on whether the plea deal violated the CVRA, and nowhere did I see the judge calling the deal unconstitutional, as the article states.  Illegal yes.  Rights under the CVRA are given by statute, not the constitution...as eva dent because they are in a statute.... 

And there isn't a snowball's chance in hell that an attorney is going to discuss the deal he helped a former client now facing charges for the same conduct get in an earlier case. If we really need to hear him say that he can't answer, they could ask him.  But that's silly. 

7 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Some sloppy work there.  I read the Partial Summary Judgment order on whether the plea deal violated the CVRA, and nowhere did I see the judge calling the deal unconstitutional, as the article states.  Illegal yes.  Rights under the CVRA are given by statute, not the constitution...as eva dent because they are in a statute.... 

And there isn't a snowball's chance in hell that an attorney is going to discuss the deal he helped a former client now facing charges for the same conduct get in an earlier case. If we really need to hear him say that he can't answer, they could ask him.  But that's silly. 

You are right, but they could ask him if Epstein was a client and decide as a responsible "fair and balanced" network to "recuse" him from his role as a commentator. 

Yeah, that's not going to happen.

Just now, Left Shift said:

You are right, but they could ask him if Epstein was a client and decide as a responsible "fair and balanced" network to "recuse" him from his role as a commentator. 

If he is commenting about the case or any aspect of it, he is a fool.

2 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:
3 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

If he is commenting about the case or any aspect of it, he is a fool.

yeah.  his next phone call would be from the sdny

17 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Sol, IANAL but this is the internet.

Acosta was the government in this case. If a right is granted by the CVRA statute and if the government violates that right, isn't that unconstitutional? Unconstitutional only refers to government actions. I don't think I as a citizen can violate the constitution. But in this case, I think the non prosecution agreement would violate the victims' due process rights. Maybe unconstitutional was legal shorthand. But again, IANAL.

Just now, Olsonist said:

IANAL but this is the internet.

Acosta was the government in this case. If a right is granted by the CVRA statute and if the government violates that right, isn't that unconstitutional? Unconstitutional only refers to government actions. I don't think I as a citizen can violate the constitution. But in this case, I think the non prosecution agreement would violate the victims' due process rights. But again, IANAL.

Epstein had/has due process rights...that's about loss of liberty.  CVRA was implemented to give victims rights they otherwise did not have, but should have had. The interplay between statutory and constitutional authority is fertile ground for legal fees.  I billed for several hours of it just today. The fun one is when a statute restricts some right beyond that which is granted in the Const. I do not work with the CVRA but would love to know the foundation of it, and when I have some free time I may have a look.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hermetic said:

I suspect that is a phone call they have already made.

No one has called Ken Starr a fool, but helping wrangle a work-release deal for a high-profile, guilty-as-hell child molester is a ultimately a fool's errand.  So...who sent him on it?

4 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Sol, IANAL but this is the internet.

Acosta was the government in this case. If a right is granted by the CVRA statute and if the government violates that right, isn't that unconstitutional? Unconstitutional only refers to government actions. I don't think I as a citizen can violate the constitution. But in this case, I think the non prosecution agreement would violate the victims' due process rights. Maybe unconstitutional was legal shorthand. But again, IANAL.

Of course you can violate the constitution as a citizen. You can deny someone their freedom, or commit race crimes against them as two examples. You could indeed deny someone their right to due process by murdering them as an ad hoc judge jury and executioner.

7 minutes ago, Left Shift said:
16 minutes ago, hermetic said:

I suspect that is a phone call they have already made.

No one has called Ken Starr a fool, but helping wrangle a work-release deal for a high-profile, guilty-as-hell child molester is a ultimately a fool's errand.  So...who sent him on it?

epstein's wallet, most likely

4 minutes ago, hermetic said:

epstein's wallet, most likely

I don't fault him for representing the guy.  Everyone deserves good representation, and the Best Americans can afford the best counsel. OJ had a bunch of high end whores working for him, but they were good whores and they kept him from spending his life in jail for all-but cutting off his ex wife's head.  Anyone reading those details knew damn well that there's only one human being on earth that an ex-wife could make THAT mad. But I digress.  He deserved representation too.  That's our system. The more pernicious problem is the lack of effective representation for ordinary Americans, and the bail system that keeps the poor locked up before trial, but that will never be a popular discussion to have. 

• Like 2

Here's an interesting rundown of know facts along with some postulations that I stole from somebody on FB:

1. Epstein is a convicted pedophile with connections to high profile individuals globally.

2. Over a decade ago Epstein makes a sweetheart deal with Acosta to avoid a harsh penalty for trafficking children/being a pedo. At the time, it was assumed that it was because he is extremely wealthy with access to a ‘who’s who’. When Acosta is questioned about it at his confirmation hearings over a decade later he states that it was ‘above his pay grade’ and an ‘intelligence issue’. This suggests that (a) it was known he had material on people and (b) some level of intelligence agency was handling him.

3. During the election campaign, the Dems commission the Steele Dossier to come up with dirt on Trump. Steele suggests in that that there is Kompromat (blackmail material) on Trump. No one is surprised by its potential existence as he’s always been a high-profile media whore, who’d been trying to build in Moscow since the 80s. The report suggests that there’s videotape of Trump in a Moscow hotel room - the same one that the Obamas stayed in - with prostitutes (recall the pee tape rumours). It’s now being thought that it goes a lot farther than that.

4. During the state visit to the UK, Steele was questioned about the dossier for 16 hours by investigators for the Department of Justice - who found previously discarded information ‘credible’ and ‘interesting’. While it’s been suggested that the questioning was to disprove the dossier - it actually did the reverse.

5. On the day of Epstein’s most recent arrest (before it became public knowledge) VP Pence cancels an engagement in New Hampshire and flies back to Washington for an emergency meeting. The same day, EU leaders have an emergency meeting (their press briefing afterwards is definitely lacking) and Putin has an emergency meeting with his Defence Minister.

6. When Epstein’s arrest is made public, it’s noted that the search of his New York house uncovered stacks of CDs in a safe containing photos of girls. It’s also thought (but hasn’t been made public) that these CDs likely contain photos or videos of high profile individuals engaged in raping these girls.

7. Some of the high profile individuals are major players - and include the likes of Prince Andrew, Trump, Clinton, and others.

8. The suggestion in the article that Epstein was some form of ‘intelligence gatherer’ (as suggested in item 2) - seems to validate that there ARE compromising pictures of high profile individuals, and that the ‘coincidence’ of the global meetings on the same day as his arrest (item 4) are all connected.

11 minutes ago, Nice! said:

Here's an interesting rundown of know facts along with some postulations that I stole from somebody on FB:

1. Epstein is a convicted pedophile with connections to high profile individuals globally.

2. Over a decade ago Epstein makes a sweetheart deal with Acosta to avoid a harsh penalty for trafficking children/being a pedo. At the time, it was assumed that it was because he is extremely wealthy with access to a ‘who’s who’. When Acosta is questioned about it at his confirmation hearings over a decade later he states that it was ‘above his pay grade’ and an ‘intelligence issue’. This suggests that (a) it was known he had material on people and (b) some level of intelligence agency was handling him.

3. During the election campaign, the Dems commission the Steele Dossier to come up with dirt on Trump. Steele suggests in that that there is Kompromat (blackmail material) on Trump. No one is surprised by its potential existence as he’s always been a high-profile media whore, who’d been trying to build in Moscow since the 80s. The report suggests that there’s videotape of Trump in a Moscow hotel room - the same one that the Obamas stayed in - with prostitutes (recall the pee tape rumours). It’s now being thought that it goes a lot farther than that.

4. During the state visit to the UK, Steele was questioned about the dossier for 16 hours by investigators for the Department of Justice - who found previously discarded information ‘credible’ and ‘interesting’. While it’s been suggested that the questioning was to disprove the dossier - it actually did the reverse.

5. On the day of Epstein’s most recent arrest (before it became public knowledge) VP Pence cancels an engagement in New Hampshire and flies back to Washington for an emergency meeting. The same day, EU leaders have an emergency meeting (their press briefing afterwards is definitely lacking) and Putin has an emergency meeting with his Defence Minister.

6. When Epstein’s arrest is made public, it’s noted that the search of his New York house uncovered stacks of CDs in a safe containing photos of girls. It’s also thought (but hasn’t been made public) that these CDs likely contain photos or videos of high profile individuals engaged in raping these girls.

7. Some of the high profile individuals are major players - and include the likes of Prince Andrew, Trump, Clinton, and others.

8. The suggestion in the article that Epstein was some form of ‘intelligence gatherer’ (as suggested in item 2) - seems to validate that there ARE compromising pictures of high profile individuals, and that the ‘coincidence’ of the global meetings on the same day as his arrest (item 4) are all connected.

Their does seem to be an awful lot of coincidences with this one.

If it is as bad as you surmise, I don’t think we’ll ever know. Too many powerful people and entities. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I don't fault him for representing the guy.  Everyone deserves good representation, and the Best Americans can afford the best counsel. OJ had a bunch of high end whores working for him, but they were good whores and they kept him from spending his life in jail for all-but cutting off his ex wife's head.  Anyone reading those details knew damn well that there's only one human being on earth that an ex-wife could make THAT mad. But I digress.  He deserved representation too.  That's our system. The more pernicious problem is the lack of effective representation for ordinary Americans, and the bail system that keeps the poor locked up before trial, but that will never be a popular discussion to have. 

Agree with the standard attorney's defense: "Everybody deserves good representation".  My point is simply that if Starr and Dershowitz, if they are as smart as people think they are, had reflected for a moment should have realized it could bite them in the ass at some point.  

Side point:  Epstein's "wallet" is a bit of a mystery, isn't it?  

15 minutes ago, Nice! said:

That does raise some thought provoking questions.  

3 minutes ago, CyberBOB said:

Their does seem to be an awful lot of coincidences with this one.

If it is as bad as you surmise, I don’t think we’ll ever know. Too many powerful people and entities. 

If all that’s true Epstein and a bunch of other people are dead men walking.

LOL.

1 minute ago, Left Shift said:

Agree with the standard attorney's defense"  "Everybody deserves good representation".  My point is simply that Starr and Dershowitz, if they are as smart as people think they are, had they reflected for a moment should have realized it could bite them in the ass at some point.  

Side point:  Epstein's "wallet" is a bit of a mystery, isn't it?  

That's our system, for now.  People deserve representation, it isn't just a line it's a right. Who knows what those guys had in their heads when they agreed to represent.  

19 minutes ago, Nice! said:

9.  Subsequent to Epstein's arrest and discovery of the CDs in Manhattan, Trump has gone on longer, more rambling and more deranged twitter-storms than ever before.  

What I can't stop wondering about is that this is the stuff SDNY comes out with now.  What shoe will they drop in the months before the election? 

2 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

That's our system, for now.  People deserve representation, it isn't just a line it's a right. Who knows what those guys had in their heads when they agreed to represent.  

So, I believe is the right of victims to confront their accuser.  Something that seems to have been ignored by Acosta's and Epstein's team of protectors of the constitution.

No?

2 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

9.  Subsequent to Epstein's arrest and discovery of the CDs in Manhattan, Trump has gone on longer, more rambling and more deranged twitter-storms than ever before.  

The next distraction has the possibility to be terrifying!  What’s next for wagging the dog? 

5 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

So, I believe is the right of victims to confront their accuser.  Something that seems to have been ignored by Acosta's and Epstein's team of protectors of the constitution.

No?

Constitutionally it is the opposite, an accused has the opportunity to confront their accuser and cross examine. That's the confrontation clause under the Sixth Amendment. It allows the trier of fact to examine the credibility of witnesses.  

Under the Florida Constitution, there is a Victim's Bill of Rights, passed as an initiative amendment to the Constitution in the last election, 11/18.  It is in place now, but was not back when Epstein was getting the white glove service here....  

Epstein hasn't gotten bail yet and won't until at least Monday. Government is requesting he be held without bail but wisely asks that if he is granted bail, he authorize extradition from any country. They're making him out to be a flight risk.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6184559-U-S-v-Jeffrey-Epstein-19-Cr-490-RMB-Government.html

12 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Epstein hasn't gotten bail yet and won't until at least Monday. Government is requesting he be held without bail but wisely asks that if he is granted bail, he authorize extradition from any country. They're making him out to be a flight risk.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6184559-U-S-v-Jeffrey-Epstein-19-Cr-490-RMB-Government.html

I can’t see him getting bail. He’s still a danger and a flight risk. Courts won’t want another Roman Polanski. 

42 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I can’t see him getting bail. He’s still a danger and a flight risk. Courts won’t want another Roman Polanski. 

Of course he's a flight risk!  He has at least one private jets, and several homes abroad.  Only an idiot would let him post bail and release him.....

Best sentence him to 13 months in jail with work release so as to keep an eye on him...

The man has no allegiance except to himself...... Much like our current POTUS. Either one of them could disappear into a shithole country, only to reappear on a tropical island a month later, with complete immunity from the governing authorities....

"there's never just one cockroach in the kitchen when you start looking around"

keep looking, I'll bet there's a lot more.

6 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I do not work with the CVRA but would love to know the foundation of it, and when I have some free time I may have a look.  

it's a toothless wonder.  All hat and no elk.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/3771

The fun bits below (note the regulation described under (C) and let me know if you're confident that will happen to Acosta and his merry band).

(6)No cause of action.—

Nothing in this chapter shall be construed to authorize a cause of action for damages or to create, to enlarge, or to imply any duty or obligation to any victim or other person for the breach of which the United States or any of its officers or employees could be held liable in damages. Nothing in this chapter shall be construed to impair the prosecutorial discretion of the Attorney General or any officer under his direction.

The regulations promulgated under paragraph (1) shall—
(A)
designate an administrative authority within the Department of Justice to receive and investigate complaints relating to the provision or violation of the rights of a crime victim;
(B)
require a course of training for employees and offices of the Department of Justice that fail to comply with provisions of Federal law pertaining to the treatment of crime victims, and otherwise assist such employees and offices in responding more effectively to the needs of crime victims;
(C)
contain disciplinary sanctions, including suspension or termination from employment, for employees of the Department of Justice who willfully or wantonly fail to comply with provisions of Federal law pertaining to the treatment of crime victims; and
(D)
provide that the Attorney General, or the designee of the Attorney General, shall be the final arbiter of the complaint, and that there shall be no judicial review of the final decision of the Attorney General by a complainant.

1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

The man has no allegiance except to himself...... Much like our current POTUS. Either one of them could disappear into a shithole country, only to reappear on a tropical island a month later, with complete immunity from the governing authorities....

Yet they both chose to live in the US.   One got himself complete immunity as long as he keeps his job.   The other came close, but after a wave of negative publicity law enforcement struck before government could stop them.   Now that the US is looking dodgy, which country should be the fallback plan for a corrupt billionaire?   Requirements:   Protection from law and also other criminals; easily influenced politicians; fine dining (burnt steak and catchup); ample supply of Caucasian women (or better yet, adolescent girls) to avoid import costs; tame religious zealots that won’t interfere with a good time but are willing to shame any girls that talk; good medical care for the rich and low taxes for the rich.   Russian oligarchs seem to like Lake Geneva but it lacks key requirements.  Maybe post Brexit London can be improved.   Other ideas? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nice! said:

Can you verify no 5?   No 6 seems likely and 7 is near certain.   I’m stuck on no 8.   Is compromising material desired by spies compromising material used by Epstein to control governments?   Now that Washington has it, some people who control Washington will be relieved and others who don’t will be desperate.   Perhaps nations recalling ambassadors are included on the second list.   Instead of law enforcement acting rogue to catch a bad guy with too much influence, maybe this was some highly distracting Republican Yaocho, to eliminate dirt on Trump and collect leverage on others.   Oddly few democratic hopefuls are heterosexual males, let alone ones with a thing for young girls.   I think I need a new theory.

I think #5 might have had to do with the Russian sub (that is equipped to fire ultra long range nuclear torpedos) fire.

I think #5 might have had to do with the Russian sub (that is equipped to fire ultra long range nuclear torpedos) fire.

Those nuclear powered nuclear torpedoes would surely destroy any surviving sailboats near US coastal cities a couple days after the world ends, and evade US anti missile systems.   If one was involved that would explain the comment about averting planetary catastrophe and the report that the funeral included 7 dead captains on one sub .   Those drones are supposed to be big (1.6 m tube).   This sub was smallish and optimized for very deep diving.   I doubt it carried one, but maybe it was inspecting a doomsday cache. 

7 hours ago, Lark said:

Oddly few democratic hopefuls are heterosexual males, let alone ones with a thing for young girls.   I think I need a new theory.

Anything with a pulse! :D

On 7/8/2019 at 2:09 PM, Left Shift said:

Psychiatrists considering pedophilia "an inbred sexual orientation" and that "prosecution of it is discrimination."  is another of those quantum leaps over the analytical hurdles that is absolute claptrap.  

While it may or may not be that pedophilia is an inherent and immutable sexual orientation, I challenge anyone to defend the statement that reputable "psychiatrists consider prosecution of pedophilia discrimination".  On the count of three, provide your cites...Ready, set, go...

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/06/opinion/pedophilia-a-disorder-not-a-crime.html

What do I win?

16 hours ago, Nice! said:

I watched a show on the smithsonian channel last night that covered the lunatic conspiracy theories about the apollo moon landings (no stars in the pictures, the lunar module hatch was too small, the moon rocks are from the arctic, yada yada yada).  despite scientific evidence debunking the theories, the internet has not only kept them alive but they have gained traction among the younger (and obviously stupid) generation - like 20% of those polled aged 18 - 25.

the program takeaway?  the internet is full of really crazy stuff posted by people with no life

24 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

And Acosta’s out..

Ana Navarro: "Adios Felicio".

MAGA, one resignation at a time. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

And Acosta’s out..

Gets weirder by the second- Acosta becomes the most recent ‘squirrel!’ - this moment’s latest Trump distraction, and another carefully crafted Republican reputation is destroyed, sacrificed for the cause, but really, is Acosta Epstein’s boy, Epstein and Trump’s boy, or Trump’s boy?  The appearance of impropriety looks like a long term skin disease.  Are Acosta’s allegiances transitional? Which Trump slush fund pays him off?  Or does a anonymous large donation to a 3rd rate law school land him another cushy administrative gig?

7 minutes ago, Amati said:

Gets weirder by the second- Acosta becomes the most recent ‘squirrel!’ - this moment’s latest Trump distraction, and another carefully crafted Republican reputation is destroyed, sacrificed for the cause, but really, is Acosta Epstein’s boy, Epstein and Trump’s boy, or Trump’s boy?  The appearance of impropriety looks like a long term skin disease.  Are Acosta’s allegiances transitional? Which Trump slush fund pays him off?  Or does a anonymous large donation to a 3rd rate law school land him another cushy administrative gig?

It's not like he changed parties or anything really bad like that.  He'll get good money on K-Street. 

1 minute ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

It's not like he changed parties or anything really bad like that.  He'll get good money on K-Street. 

Everyone deserves good representation, even NAMBLA.

2 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Everyone deserves good representation, even NAMBLA.

I predict a different type of representation in his future. 

2 hours ago, shubrook said:

You lose. 

Author of the piece:

Margo Kaplan received her bachelor's degree from Cornell University in 2000, her Master in Public Administration from Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government in 2004, and her Juris Doctor from New York University School of Law in 2004.[1]

• Like 3

Follow the dots:

Epstein imports underage girls for him and his friends to screw.

He is rich enough to keep law enforcement away, but not rich enough to hide from the FSB/CIA/NSA/MI6/etc.

He secretly tapes these encounters to have leverage over a bunch of rich and powerful people.

One or more intelligence agencies figures out this treasure trove of statutory rape videos is the ultimate leverage package of all time.

He finally goes too far, but he has enough connections to get a tiny slap on the wrist.

All is well until an enterprising reporter starts digging.

Now there are a LOT of worried people!

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

You lose. 

Author of the piece:

Margo Kaplan received her bachelor's degree from Cornell University in 2000, her Master in Public Administration from Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government in 2004, and her Juris Doctor from New York University School of Law in 2004.[1]

"The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders defines pedophilia as an intense and recurrent sexual interest in prepubescent children, and a disorder if it causes a person “marked distress or interpersonal difficulty” or if the person acts on his interests"

-from the article.

heres a link to the icd10 code F65.4 for pedophilia

https://www.icd10data.com/ICD10CM/Codes/F01-F99/F60-F69/F65-/F65.4

you are right, I don't consider Cornell and Harvard to be credible institutions either, but a lot of people still do.

final edit, I swear:

Here"s another creepy article normalizing pedophilia:

https://web.archive.org/web/20151212022314/http://www.salon.com/2015/09/21/im_a_pedophile_but_not_a_monster/

I can't find it on salon.com . I wonder what happened to it...

On 7/8/2019 at 12:16 PM, Raz'r said:

Really? Pedophillia is just another partisan game for you? You’re sick. As the lady says above, follow the evidence and let them all rot in jail.

Why let them rot when they could be enjoying a romantic interlude in the prison shower? 

8 minutes ago, shubrook said:

"The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders defines pedophilia as an intense and recurrent sexual interest in prepubescent children, and a disorder if it causes a person “marked distress or interpersonal difficulty” or if the person acts on his interests"

-from the article.

heres a link to the icd10 code F65.4 for pedophilia

https://www.icd10data.com/ICD10CM/Codes/F01-F99/F60-F69/F65-/F65.4

you are right, I don't consider Cornell and Harvard to be credible institutions either, but a lot of people still do.

And once again, you lose.  I sure fucking hope you don't have to use your brain when you work!

Your initial response was to the question, "I challenge anyone to defend the statement that reputable "psychiatrists consider prosecution of pedophilia discrimination".  On the count of three, provide your cites..."

Do you want to try to read it again and figure out why you keep losing?  (Hint: Typically, you want to read every word in a question.)

17 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Follow the dots:

Epstein imports underage girls for him and his friends to screw.

He is rich enough to keep law enforcement away, but not rich enough to hide from the FSB/CIA/NSA/MI6/etc.

He secretly tapes these encounters to have leverage over a bunch of rich and powerful people.

One or more intelligence agencies figures out this treasure trove of statutory rape videos is the ultimate leverage package of all time.

He finally goes too far, but he has enough connections to get a tiny slap on the wrist.

All is well until an enterprising reporter starts digging.

Now there are a LOT of worried people!

whatever did happen with Katie Johnson ?

15 minutes ago, shubrook said:

...  heres a link to the icd10 code F65.4 for pedophilia ...

Let's distinguish between the disorder of pedophilia and the crime of child sex abuse because what you're trying to do is normalize the latter. Epstein is a registered sex offender not because of his disorder but because of his actions.

I don't understand how the elk can come out of the woodwork to defend this crap. Supposedly this creep has been a member since 2005 with all of 66 posts and it's this important issue that he hangs his hat on. I'm not buying this.

image.png.271a36348939cab42f4bdfb2851b68b7.png

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

And once again, you lose.  I sure fucking hope you don't have to use your brain when you work!

Your initial response was to the question, "I challenge anyone to defend the statement that reputable "psychiatrists consider prosecution of pedophilia discrimination".  On the count of three, provide your cites..."

Do you want to try to read it again and figure out why you keep losing?  (Hint: Typically, you want to read every word in a question.)

Don't argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I'll make this easy. Kleptomaniacs love stealing stuff. The ones that want to steal stuff and don't are still kleptomaniacs, but they are not criminals. The ones that act on their interest end up in jail because stealing is illegal.

4 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Yeesh last thread you hinted I was autistic because o said homelessness might be a federal problem. Now you want to argue pedantics....

If pedophilia is considered a mental illness, which it is by some - enough to give it an ICD10 code - and treating people with mental illness differenly is considered discrimination (it is, and no, I'm not going to source that piece of common knowledge) then therefore: treating pedophiles differently is discrimination.

2 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Let's distinguish between the disorder of pedophilia and the crime of child sex abuse because what you're trying to do is normalize the latter. Epstein is a registered sex offender not because of his disorder but because of his actions.

I don't understand how the elk can come out of the woodwork to defend this crap. Supposedly this creep has been a member since 2005 with all of 66 posts and it's this important issue that he hangs his hat on. I'm not buying this.

image.png.271a36348939cab42f4bdfb2851b68b7.png

Wtf am I trying to normalize!? Fuck you man.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, shubrook said:

Yeesh last thread you hinted I was autistic because o said homelessness might be a federal problem. Now you want to argue pedantics....

If pedophilia is considered a mental illness, which it is by some - enough to give it an ICD10 code - and treating people with mental illness differenly is considered discrimination (it is, and no, I'm not going to source that piece of common knowledge) then therefore: treating pedophiles differently is discrimination.

Sorry Happy, your logic skills haven't improved with your break.

Wtf am I trying to normalize!? Fuck you man.

I'll make this easy:
Sex crimes against children are bad. YES/NO

1 minute ago, kent_island_sailor said:

I'll make this easy:
Sex crimes against children are bad. YES/NO

Bad, very bad.

Read the fucking thread ass hole.

Someone made a claim that you fucking leftists are trying to normalize pedophilia. Some other fucking leftist said "that's bullshit, provide a source". I provided an article written for the new york times by some harvard are bitch that normalizes pedophilia.

You then snooped my profile and accused me of supporting pedophilia. You are fucking awful.

• Downvote 1

Bad, very bad.

Someone made a claim that you fucking leftists are trying to normalize pedophilia. Some other fucking leftist said "that's bullshit, provide a source". I provided an article written for the new york times by some harvard are bitch that normalizes pedophilia.

You then snooped my profile and accused me of supporting pedophilia. You are fucking awful.

You provided no proof that leftists are "trying to normalize pedophilia".

None

Nada

Zilch

you're a reich-wing fucktard trying to make child sex crimes a red/blue issue. Plain and simple.

2 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

You provided no proof that leftists are "trying to normalize pedophilia".

None

Nada

Zilch

you're a reich-wing fucktard trying to make child sex crimes a red/blue issue. Plain and simple.

I provided 2 links from mainstream, left leaning news sources. Take them or leave them. Doesn't change the fact that the left is riddled with pedos.

4 minutes ago, shubrook said:

Bad, very bad.

I did not snoop around your profile - don't care enough really - and no one is trying to normalize pedophilia. The cite you provided did no such thing.

Something in the water up there attracts the clowns to the third rail. They can't help themselves. 

8 minutes ago, shubrook said:

I provided 2 links from mainstream, left leaning news sources. Take them or leave them. Doesn't change the fact that the left is riddled with pedos.

Wow

<