Fakenews

Dershowitz and Epstein - it’s about to get real.

2 hours ago, shubrook said:

I provided 2 links from mainstream, left leaning news sources. Take them or leave them. Doesn't change the fact that the left is riddled with pedos.

You’re working hard for the ban hammer.

Keep it up.

5 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Should we have capital punishment for those convicted of raping children? 

Only if they plead"guilty". Wrong convictions do happen.

2 minutes ago, g7tunison said:

Only if they plead"guilty". Wrong convictions do happen.

You mean like the coerced guilty pleas of the Central Park 5?  Yeah.  Let's go with that.

When we can implement an infallible government, unbiased policing, and an error-free justice system, I'll reconsider the my rock-firm view that capital punishment is indefensible and immoral.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Left Shift said:

You mean like the coerced guilty pleas of the Central Park 5?  Yeah.  Let's go with that.

When we can implement an infallible government, unbiased policing, and an error-free justice system, I'll reconsider the my rock-firm view that capital punishment is indefensible and immoral.

What if the accused says, "yes, I did it and will probably do it again, so please kill me"?

4 minutes ago, g7tunison said:

What if the accused says, "yes, I did it and will probably do it again, so please kill me"?

28% of DNA exonerations involved false confessions

https://www.innocenceproject.org/dna-exonerations-in-the-united-states/

But "you deserve to die for a crime you didn't commit because you made a mistake" is so on brand for the elk

6 minutes ago, g7tunison said:

Lock them up and throw away the key, quick death can be a mercy.

If you still support killing then go full barbarian, starve them and make them eat their own bodies till they finally die or something like that....quit pussyfooting around with painless humane ways of execution.

17 minutes ago, g7tunison said:

You say no.  Why is this so hard for you?  Moral compass points due south?

4 hours ago, shubrook said:

I provided 2 links from mainstream, left leaning news sources. Take them or leave them. Doesn't change the fact that the left is riddled with pedos.

Would you say Roy Moore is on the "left"?

How about Dennis Hastert?

12 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Situational ethics

26 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

So, if Epstein, or similar person(s) asks to be put out of his misery, which will also protect potential victims, that's "wrong" to allow? I don't have the answers. Just making conversation here. We had a saying for persona non grata amongst the elk in the glorious '90's: "Suffer and live, killin's to good for ya!" What's your angle?

Just now, g7tunison said:

So, if Epstein, or similar person(s) asks to be put out of his misery, which will also protect potential victims, that's "wrong" to allow? I don't have the answers. Just making conversation here. We had a saying for persona non grata amongst the elk in the glorious '90's: "Suffer and live, killin's to good for ya!" What's your angle?

How about, “here’s a knife, the bathtub is over there?”

the cost if you get capital punishment wrong is just too high.

People want revenge. Governments should want justice.
"I sentence you to death by incarceration" sounds good though. Stay in until dead unless we find out you didn't do it.

2 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Yepper. We have various drugs and technology without the coercion. We get daily reminders that the gov't cannot be trusted.

Epstein, eg, will be shanked promptly in gen pop. That does save us some rent, etc, but is that really better than putting him down humanely? Not for me. And if in solitary-- please read up before you say sure thing.

Watch out that knee jerk reaction doesn't whack you in the chin.

Close cases? Lock em up. Ep isn't a close case for me.

3 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

The OJ trial indicates only those who can't afford lawyers like Dershowitz would be a risk for that sentence, so I must reluctantly say no. 

Speaking of uncomfortable thoughts... 

https://abovethelaw.com/2019/07/i-just-had-to-think-about-alan-dershowitzs-underwear-and-now-so-do-you/

2 hours ago, g7tunison said:

Incarceration for life. 

What's your point?  The state should indulge in assisted suicide for the worst felons?  Have you thought that through?  Or do you just think the state should always have the taking of human life in its quiver of corporeal punishments.

6 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Incarceration for life. 

What's your point?  The state should indulge in assisted suicide for the worst felons?  Have you thought that through?  Or do you just think the state should always have the taking of human life in its quiver of corporeal punishments.

That's a great idea.

Here's the deal: All repeat convicted felons shall be sentenced to whatever with the option of a humane self-administered suicide.  Gets the job done without the guilt-tripping.

“Were there young women in another part of the house giving massages when I wasn’t around? I have no idea of that.”

Yo, Dershowitz, no one asked you that but now no one believes you. It reminds me of the line from Goodfellas:

Nobody goes to jail unless they want to, unless they make themselves get caught.

$350k should get some good witness tampering. The Pride of Wall Street at work. 

https://www.usnews.com/news/top-news/articles/2019-07-12/epstein-tried-to-pay-off-potential-witnesses-us-prosecutors-say

I think Trump got off for a bit less than that. 

6 hours ago, Olsonist said:

No. We shouldn’t have capital punishment at all.

Crap, I get pissed off enough that I sometimes want capital punishment for littering.  Lucky I don't really have much of a say in it.

Dershowitz used to be such a nice young man......

On 7/11/2019 at 3:58 AM, Sol Rosenberg said:

Acosta will get pitched but not until the democRATS are talking about something else. 

Throwing out his 53-count indictment will not age well, now that it is public. And the blanket npa for all the other potential defendants just reeks. You can be sure that SDNY is digging into that, and anyone partaking on the Lolita Express or Pedophile Island should be sweating it these days. The fact that the public corruption unit of SDNY is involved is no mere accident. 

There could be some big doin's in this. It will be interesting to watch them start to really flip rocks. I hear Douche Bank had a lot of dealings with him. 

Criminal money laundering? Perhaps, but everybody is still scratching their heads about how much Epstein is worth. That is atypical with run-of-the-mill shitbags. The financial sleuths the papers employ aren't half bad.

There are some very odd things about Epstein's financing. This raises interesting questions. Was he either a money launderer and/or  honey-trapper for somebody's intelligence service (place FOX News question mark here)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Olsonist said:

No. We shouldn’t have capital punishment at all.

Agreed.

"Two wrongs doesn't make a right" - my mother.

26 minutes ago, Sean said:

Agreed.

"Two wrongs doesn't make a right" - my mother.

We had the same mother?

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

We had the same mother?

Yes, twins actually, separated at birth. They didn't tell you?

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Yes, twins actually, separated at birth. They didn't tell you?

My sister always claimed that our mother said that I was an only child......

1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

My sister always claimed that our mother said that I was an only child......

My mother claimed she had no children who survived childbirth.  My brother and I tended to disagree.  

22 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

My mother claimed she had no children who survived childbirth.  My brother and I tended to disagree.  

She didn't happen to teach quantum physics did she?

34 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

She didn't happen to teach quantum physics did she?

Her specialty was imparting guilt to anyone who crossed her path.

3 hours ago, Troglodytarum said:

signal-2019-07-11-193435_jpg-1013900.JPG

You really need to up your game.

Invoking the Clintons as a means of deflecting and distracting from attention on President Trump is sad.

Very sad.  Bigly sad.

45 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Invoking the Clintons as a means of deflecting and distracting from attention on President Trump is sad.

Very sad.  Bigly sad.

Child rape is only bad when democRATS do it. When Americans do it, democRATS doing it too is an affirmative defense. 

Just now, Sol Rosenberg said:

Child rape is only bad when democRATS do it. When Americans do it, democRATS doing it too is an affirmative defense. 

I just can't understand the mindset that allows someone to both object to bad behavior by the other team and use that bad behavior by the other team to excuse the very same bad behavior on your own team.

These fucking malleable principles are pathetic.

3 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I just can't understand the mindset that allows someone to both object to bad behavior by the other team and use that bad behavior by the other team to excuse the very same bad behavior on your own team.

There are no principles; only identity. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Nothing matters to the MAGATS except winning and this is what they love about Trump. He's permission not to give a shit, he and they can glory together in the beauty of their collective nihilism.

19 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Yepper. We have various drugs and technology without the coercion. We get daily reminders that the gov't cannot be trusted.

Epstein, eg, will be shanked promptly in gen pop. That does save us some rent, etc, but is that really better than putting him down humanely? Not for me. And if in solitary-- please read up before you say sure thing.

Watch out that knee jerk reaction doesn't whack you in the chin.

Close cases? Lock em up. Ep isn't a close case for me.

No way he’s going to end up in general population.....unless a couple of guards make a mistake :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

I notice that the betterer grade of elk aren't in here smacking down the lowlifes. But the gun threads do seem to be ever popular.

2 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

In certain schools, this is called "Flexible accuracy".

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/2019/07/hedge-funders-have-some-thoughts-on-what-epstein-was-doing.html

Posits that Jeff was running his own private honey-trap blackmail op. Seems plausible,but it's the kind of thing that only top-drawer (and lucky) prosecutors to uncover. They would have to get some of his victims to speak up, problematic in blackmailing of the well-to-do. Who wants to trash themselves just to take Epstein down? Only those with little to lose. 

If the blackmail theory sounds far-fetched, it’s worth keeping in mind that it was also floated by one of Epstein’s victims, Virginia Roberts Giuffre. “Epstein … also got girls for Epstein’s friends and acquaintances. Epstein specifically told me that the reason for him doing this was so that they would ‘owe him,’ they would ‘be in his pocket,’ and he would ‘have something on them,’” she said in a court affidavit, according to the investigative series in the Miami Herald that brought the case back to the public’s attention late last year.

In the 2015 filing, Giuffre claimed that Epstein “debriefed her” after she was forced into sexual encounters so that he could possess “intimate and potentially embarrassing information” to blackmail friends into parking their money with him. She also said photographic and video evidence existed — an assertion that looms especially large now that federal investigators have found a trove of images in Epstein’s home safe.

Getting him nailed on simple trafficking would be much easier. And given his age...sufficient. 

Given Trump's habits he might have been one of the victims, but I think that somewhat unlikely. Trump's bellicose nature and high public profile (along with having "fixers" like Cohen and his bud who runs the National Inquirer) would make most con-men leery of targeting him. Whole lotta mo-bettah fish to fry in the Wall Street sea, and the MO is to get investors. Trump was always a borrower, and a deadbeat to boot.  

17 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Could the Epstein case help prove a rape allegation against Trump? Let’s hope so!

#stop sexual predators.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/07/epstein-investigation-could-turn-up-proof-of-womans-claim-trump-raped-her-in-accused-predators-home-trump-biographer/

A sitting president cannot be indicted.    https://www.justice.gov/olc/opinion/sitting-president’s-amenability-indictment-and-criminal-prosecution    The President’s own legal arm has determined he is above the law.   Mitch and his men took a loyalty oath.    All files will be lost when the sole thumb drive is accidentally placed in the break room microwave should the president stand up to pee.

Anyone know if there was ever a credible explanation (I.e., by Buckingham Palace) for why Prince Andrew, Duke of York was with American teenager Virginia Roberts and Ghislaine Maxwell in that famous pic with his hand around her waist from years ago (apparently taken at Maxwell’s London townhouse) ?  

This whole story has so many fascinating and sordid threads, and this is one I don’t recall having been adequately explained by the Palace.  Why was he posting intimately with the American teenager (well, we all know why - but what was the official explanation?  Was there a statement, beyond the obvious statement denying of sex with the teenager?)

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jan/04/court-papers-robert-maxwell-daughter-sex-slave-claims-prince-andrew

57BFC596-4725-447A-9B3F-FFBEC103CD8D.jpeg

Death penalty fans:

There are multiple accusations from multiple sources that Bill Clinton and Don Trump participated in some of the rapes.

Do you advocate exterminating Bill and Don?? 

2 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

Death penalty fans:

There are multiple accusations from multiple sources that Bill Clinton and Don Trump participated in some of the rapes.

I'd be ok with that. And I am against the death penalty

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

If we use a gallows, the headlines the next day would be 'Donald Trump was Well Hung."  I think he might even be in favor given the good press.  

17 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

Death penalty fans:

I don’t trust the death penalty to be fair or just.    I could be persuaded to make an exception.    After all, rope is reusable and bodies compost well.   The harm would be minimal.   

18 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

If we use a gallows, the headlines the next day would be 'Donald Trump was Well Hung."  I think he might even be in favor given the good press.  

BE161DD3-756A-4922-A887-F39A82DEB45A.png

2 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

If we used the Guillotine, it could be reported that Trump gave good head..... I'm sure he would not approve of that, no matter if it's true or not. I imagine with his dentures out it might be......

Nah! not going there!

ah yes, Randy Andy, what a history he has...........  

from 2006

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/prince-andrew-the-playboy-prince-427707.html

""Prince Andrew turns up at my house at one in the morning and he wants to party," she recalled, before a million viewers. "He's come to Hollywood to look for chicks. I don't know what he expected at my house; I think he thought it was going to be like a party," recounts Love.

With the detached air of a man who does this sort of thing for a living, Andrew drank a cup of milky tea, and installed himself on Love's sofa with the time honoured royal chat-up line: "So, what do you do all day?"

As Kurt Cobain's notorious widow suggested, those words could only have come from a man who has at least some right to be called the quintessential playboy prince."

"Things have been complicated for "randy" Andy since the 1980s, when he was forced to ditch his first love, the actress Koo Stark, after it emerged that she had once appeared in a soft-porn film. His marriage to flame-haired Sarah Ferguson in 1986 produced two children, but also ended in tears: they announced their separation in 1992 and were divorced four years later. Since then, its been all go: Andrew has squired at least 15 women, ranging from Ghislaine Maxwell, the daughter of dodgy tycoon Robert, to Denise Martell, a former Playboy model from Los Angeles. Other girlfriends have included the PR girls Aurelia Cecil and Caroline Stanbury, left, and the businesswoman Harriet Staveley. His current squeeze is the 36-year-old actress, Angie Everhart. Like Andrew's ex-wife, Everhart is a ginger-nut, and was invited to attend his daughter's birthday, in a semi-official capacity. Just what attracts this string of beauties to the multimillionaire prince is anyone's guess. However, one former squeeze has told friends his bedroom manner extends to modelling girlfriends' underwear by way of a joke."

5 hours ago, Mark K said:

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/2019/07/hedge-funders-have-some-thoughts-on-what-epstein-was-doing.html

Posits that Jeff was running his own private honey-trap blackmail op. Seems plausible,but it's the kind of thing that only top-drawer (and lucky) prosecutors to uncover. They would have to get some of his victims to speak up, problematic in blackmailing of the well-to-do. Who wants to trash themselves just to take Epstein down? Only those with little to lose. 

Getting him nailed on simple trafficking would be much easier. And given his age...sufficient. 

Given Trump's habits he might have been one of the victims, but I think that somewhat unlikely. Trump's bellicose nature and high public profile (along with having "fixers" like Cohen and his bud who runs the National Inquirer) would make most con-men leery of targeting him. Whole lotta mo-bettah fish to fry in the Wall Street sea, and the MO is to get investors. Trump was always a borrower, and a deadbeat to boot.  

Only if money was the motivation.....

Having said that, trumps business creates opportunity to wash money.

I doubt very much that Epstein is/was working for himself. Would be interesting to see a time line between Trump and Epstein and Trump and Russian funding....

Trump beat Epstein out of the real estate deal that netted Trump 60 million dollars to the Russian fat cat. No wonder they had a "falling out".....

I've also heard that Trump was at some of those parties, and one girl looked at him, giggled, and said "You look just like my little brother! He turned 8 last week!"

Apparently that didn't go over well.

1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

Trump beat Epstein out of the real estate deal that netted Trump 60 million dollars to the Russian fat cat. No wonder they had a "falling out".....

I've also heard that Trump was at some of those parties, and one girl looked at him, giggled, and said "You look just like my little brother! He turned 8 last week!"

Apparently that didn't go over well.

Did Trump beat him out of the deal of did Epstein put the idea in trumps head?

If Trump really screwed over Epstein and Epstein has dirt on Trump, how or why did Epstein not react?

33 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

If Trump really screwed over Epstein and Epstein has dirt on Trump, how or why did Epstein not react?

Because Epps keeps his get out of jail cards close to his chest.

35 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Because tRump probably has dirt on Epstein and it was a case of mutually assured destruction.  

2 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

I doubt very much that Epstein is/was working for himself. Would be interesting to see a time line between Trump and Epstein and Trump and Russian funding....

$10+ million in income a year is quite the haul for an intelligence operative. Apparently back in '07 Epstein lost $57 million on a Bear Sterns investment. That's sizable money. I tend to think this is way too large for a "pure" asset. Maybe he turns favors, passes on information every so often, but I doubt he's a pure "operative". 

The best theory I've come across is he's the cutout man for people to offshore their cash/holdings/whatever. Not "laundering" just... bending the rules. It's why he doesn't seem to do much other than fuck children, doesn't employ lots of people, and nobody claims to have done business with him.

• Like 1

A bit off topic (but it’s also a Florida story) - this is starting to confirm for me that Florida is a very strange place. (Today’s news)

A Crawfordville, Florida couple preparing for Armageddon faces multiple serious charges after two females escaped the couple's farm and told investigators they were prevented from leaving and were physically and sexually abused for years.

In a 2009 Associated Press article about the over-medication of children in the foster care system, the Ceskas said they had adopted 12-year-old twin girls a year earlier.  

"The females reported they were not allowed to go anywhere, couldn't have friends, couldn't have cell phones, nor talk to people in public places," the sheriff's office said. "They stated they were not allowed to agree, talk or shake hands with anyone in public; rather, they were instructed to always look happy."

If they didn't smile, they would face a variety of punishments ranging from verbal abuse, beatings or being deprived of food.

A recent beating involved a metal rod, police said. "Detectives noted marks and bruises on the female’s back and arm."

Both females also described times that Mirko Ceska would force sex acts upon them, "some with the support of Regina Ceska," according to deputies.

https://news.yahoo.com/news/two-escape-florida-farm-where-170556815.html

Dershowitz calls the teen who gave him a massage and later became his accuser, an admitted prostitute, and a serial liar, who made her own decisions in life and had not been victimized.

Harvard, are you listening?

Referring to the news vid, two questions I would like answered are

(1) Referring to the new Prince Andrew statement in the beginning of that news vid - why were you/what were the circumstances of posing with your arms around the waist of the American teenager Virginia Roberts in Ghislaine Maxwell’s house (her in background)?  Simple question.

(2) to Dershowitz: what do you make of the alleged trove of photos/vids found in Epstein’s NYC safe and do you have any connection with them whatsoever?

17 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Only if money was the motivation.....

Having said that, trumps business creates opportunity to wash money.

The game Epstein was running, as speculated, would not require a laundry.

His marks simply became "voluntary" investors in his hedge fund, which in itself would be totally legit. To swear under oath that they weren't voluntary investors would be to swear under oath they had sex with a minor.  Aside from the moral issues, rating it on it's merits as a con-game, it's a beauty. 

However the nature of it indicates he would most probably work it alone. What need would he have for confederates? And most child molesters are smart enough to know working as close to alone as possible is critical to op-sec.  

• Like 1

In a con, there is the blow-off where you need to get rid of the victim after the con is over. The victim has to make a calculation of whether it's worth it 'go to the cops' or 'swallow the loss'. Bezos faced that same calculation and said, at great expense, nope, he was going public. This guy didn't and so he got used.

• Like 1

It’s amazing he hasn’t met the same fate as Rupert Murdoch!................there must be a few that would like to see him silenced permanently,  rather keep paying, supplying favours to him. 

26 minutes ago, mad said:

It’s amazing he hasn’t met the same fate as Rupert Murdoch!................there must be a few that would like to see him silenced permanently,  rather keep paying, supplying favours to him. 

By same fate, I assume you meant to say Robert Maxwell? (Not Rupert Murdoch) https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Maxwell

2 hours ago, mad said:

Anyone who feared the cops would find a pic of themselves with Lolita in Epstein's safe would be highly motivated to keep him alive.  

6 hours ago, Mark K said:

The game Epstein was running, as speculated, would not require a laundry.

His marks simply became "voluntary" investors in his hedge fund, which in itself would be totally legit. To swear under oath that they weren't voluntary investors would be to swear under oath they had sex with a minor.  Aside from the moral issues, rating it on it's merits as a con-game, it's a beauty. 

However the nature of it indicates he would most probably work it alone. What need would he have for confederates? And most child molesters are smart enough to know working as close to alone as possible is critical to op-sec.  

I am not convinced it was Epstein's game.

As for "op-sec", the rich and powerful have different ideas and methods than the professionals.

That violates the law of parsimony. There's easier ways to launder money and for the CIA, there's hella easier ways to launder money should they even need to launder it.

6 hours ago, mad said:

Doh, thanks for the correction. Though I’m surprised it hasn’t happened to Murdoch as well. 

Rupert almost met his end inside a yacht last year. For history rhyming.

On 7/12/2019 at 4:10 PM, Bus Driver said:

Would you say Roy Moore is on the "left"?

How about Dennis Hastert?

Let's not forget Ralph Shortey.

and Tim Nolan.

Big congratulations to Jennifer Gaffney for a well deserved recognition! As an Assistant District Attorney, Deputy Unit Chief of Sex Crimes Bureau she has won a Lydia Martinez Award in Prosecutor category. This is what her colleague said about her: "She is always interacting with victims of sexual violence and makes sure that their voices are heard even in the most difficult cases. It's because she truly cares about this work and about victims affected by sexual violence. Her impact on the field of sexual violence is tremendous." 

DA knew Jeffrey Epstein was a dangerous pedophile when arguing for leniency

an expired 1980s passport with Epstein's picture in the safe is an interesting find.  Especially when it's a Saudi passport with a different name. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/15/jeffrey-epstein-held-without-bail-until-at-least-thursday.html

I thought the 3-day delay in the bail hearing was to allow for the relevant authority to quietly destroy the safe contents (pics and vids)...

10 minutes ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

I thought the 3-day delay in the bail hearing was to allow for the relevant authority to quietly destroy the safe contents (pics and vids)...

It seems like every time they take a break and come back, things get worse.  By Thursday the distractions we get out of the White House will be epic. 

6 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

It seems like every time they take a break and come back, things get worse.  By Thursday the distractions we get out of the White House will be epic. 

Anyone in any way connecited is trying to distract from this, from Les Wexner and Clinton, to Trump and Ehud Barak and beyond...

3 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

an expired 1980s passport with Epstein's picture in the safe is an interesting find.  Especially when it's a Saudi passport with a different name. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/15/jeffrey-epstein-held-without-bail-until-at-least-thursday.html

AP is saying it’s a fake passport which is arguably even worse for Shitstain’s pimp.

https://apnews.com/cbb3fc5684534647be9847aac47301b9

I think Epstein will never walk freely. He’s in jail for the duration.