Been reading a few of the comments on here and it sounds like there's a few people that need to get out of their armchairs and to go sailing.  So just as a reminder get off your asses and get out there and live as everyday your sitting there watching your computer is another day you won't be able to go sailing!  

Life is short what are YOU waiting for?

• Like 7

I've been following your travels on Facebook and the wanderlust you inspire is strong! Spring is finally here (knock on wood), time to clean up and sort out my Hobie for the summer!

• Like 1

guysmiley, My hat is off to you! You could not have said it better. Sadly, S/A is full of inane posts from would-be sailors who sail rarely or don't even have a boat. Happy to hear from a sailor who actually sails his boat and thoroughly enjoys it. Happy Sailing!

• Like 2

It hasn't hit the water since before my kid was born... he's big and coordinated enough to move around on the trampoline now, and follow directions. He'll be 4 in the fall. 

• Like 1

Great vid Jase,  what am I waiting for? .... to finish this frigging house we’re building, fix my gearbox, replace engine mounts, bla bla bla etc. you’ve been hanging around Thailand for a long time now, must be a pretty awesome place to sail, Do you think you might move on in the near future?    Is that a standard D shackle you’re using to attach your bridle, just wondering as I’ve been trying to find a decent solution for years. Cheers and happy sailing.  

• Like 1

Totally agree but its still pretty chill up here in the North East US! 

We had a perfect day here on Wednesday too and after bending on the main and jib we took my buddy Charlie's TRT 1200 out for a spin on the Chesapeake. With fifteen out of the WNW and a high in the mid 70's we saw plenty of low teens and maxed at close to sixteen, not bad for a 69 year old owner and his 67 year old crew aboard a cruising cat on April 24th, decent start to the season. Only saw one other sailboat, a heavily reefed Morris 43 who hauled it all up after we blew by and embarrassed him.

So Charlie and I have been doing this, on multihulls, since we were kids, I met him in "92 when he owned Blazin, a Crowther 38 Shockwave, but where is the young blood? 

Doing 19 and a lot more with the wife, daughter or anybody aboard wanting a go at the helm - yeah - done that hundreds of times. Check out the video on my boat, she would smoke Spirit.

You did a fabulous job of resurrecting Spirit, when I sailed her with her previous owner she was tired and soggy, still one of the most disappointing trips of my life, you made her the best she ever was - Thank You!

Sailing fast multihulls offshore is as much fun today as it ever was yet they are a dying breed being replaced by toned down push button winch equipped builds as their current owners age.

I just hope some more young people like you guys catch fire in need of the grin and pick up the ball but enough of the bullshit, I will be taking my screamer out for a spin as soon as another decent day pops - Tuesday looks good - any takers for a ride?

• Like 2

Well it looks like you’ll have to take ‘Spirit’ back to the USA now (after those comments above) and show boardhead your improvements since he sailed on her. :rolleyes:  I seriously doubt that you would be smoked.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2019 at 5:46 PM, he b gb said:

Great vid Jase,  what am I waiting for? .... to finish this frigging house we’re building, fix my gearbox, replace engine mounts, bla bla bla etc. you’ve been hanging around Thailand for a long time now, must be a pretty awesome place to sail, Do you think you might move on in the near future?    Is that a standard D shackle you’re using to attach your bridle, just wondering as I’ve been trying to find a decent solution for years. Cheers and happy sailing.  

Hey mate I hear you always a list to get done just make sure it’s getting shorter not longer!

Don’t use SS shackles onboard anymore if we can help it. Anything being attached to the boats done via soft loops, lashings and rope shackles. 

The bridle is tied to padeyes on the ama bows then a rope shackle is attached to the bridle eyes and onto a quick release so as Claudia can get it on and off the chain easily.

You’re right we’ve been hanging around Thailand three season now. Was having trouble with the future plans as the Meds the dream but being closer to family in Oz for a few years has won out so we’re heading back that way for some east coast and Pacific cruising. 

At present Spirits in Indo ready for the coming season and trip back to Oz. 

Happy Sailing to all!!

• Like 1