Sign in to follow this  
unfix8r

Whiskeytown Regatta Crew Needed May 25-26

I live in Seattle, Washington, and would really like to do the upcoming 54th Annual Whiskeytown Regatta, just outside of Redding, California, May 25th and 26th, but both of my normal crew can't make it.... I need some crew!  There's another FD crew looking for a skipper, as well. 

It's a 12 hour drive from Seattle, and I'll be dragging a Flying Dutchman sailboat, one of the fastest boats around, with me. It's a trapeze boat, meaning the crew wears a harness, and hangs off the side of the boat to stabilize it.  A quick search will get you some awesome shots of the boat underway here. 
I'm planning on leaving Seattle on Thursday, which means Friday could be a practice day for us. 

If you know the boat, you know it's about performance, but is pretty comfortable for a dinghy. I'll buy you a dinner on Saturday night, and beers, as well... woot woot! 

I'll be camping on site there, but there's no requirement (or expectation) that you'll share the tent with me... I'm happily married with a kid... no funny business, but some people say I'm fun. 

I can teach you to sail in a day if you don't already know how. I can also crew if someone doesn't feel comfortable on the wire, but knows how to skipper the boat. Anyway, it should be fun, and I'm hoping someone in Redding / Redding area is willing to hop "on board" with me. 

If you have any questions or want to leap right away, please get in touch. I look forward to meeting and sailing with someone new! 

Thanks, Peter

I'll be there too with a VX one. Game on!

Have you contacted the WT race committee about needing a crew?