Madmax

Trump 2020

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, 3to1 said:

the ebb and flow of racism and bigotry will always exist, they're inherent to the human condition, but good luck with all the hand wringing.

in reality, the niggers and queers will be able to take care of themselves which is more than one could say about a million more acres of 'federal land' in California, for example, that's under threat to be opened up to fracking.

hey chesapeake turd polisher, polish that one.

Well, the right to own a gun is one reason to think that any persecuted minority could take care of itself.

Doesn't work that way in reality. I'm guessing you're not old enough to recognize the name Bull Connor.... a sheriff who was determined to prevent equal rights in his town.

We've already seen that blacks do not have the same legal right to own & carry a firearm... ask Philando Castile.

Wait until the Supreme Court establishes the right of churches to persecute those they deem inferior, like the way they decided that a corporation's religion is more important than it's employees rights. One of the things that President Trump really has accomplished is to push a lot of far-right politicallly oriented judges into the federal system. That's going to play out rather badly over the next twenty years, whatever happens with our elections.

Trumperica is going to be a poor, brutish, nasty place. But that's WINNING!!!

-DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

america is already half way there.

so you're saying 'righty' could drive sanity of a cliff...

fuck 'righty'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

Excerpting it would be within "Fair Use."

Paying them would not be within my budget, which doesn't include subsidizing gungrabby fishwrappers. I'm not burning one of my free articles on that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

What I see is a fairly united Republican Party behind a leader who is destroying the Constitution and ignores most of the principles behind the founding of America. Things like equality before the law, the rights of citizens, the obligation of governing.

You seem to see it as R vs D, which is how the Rs frame it. I suppose if Democrats had both a generation-long majority AND a morally bankrupt leader, they could be as big a threat. But that's not what is happening right now.

But hey, the freedom to drag niggers and queers behind your pickup truck is far more important than any pointy-head antigue piece of paper, ain't it?

-DSK

Steamers - you can GFY with that noise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Biden?  Really?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2019 at 5:15 AM, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Steamers - you can GFY with that noise. 

Wait, you think Republicans are aligned with your conservative views? 

 

hahahahahahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Madmax said:

Biden?  Really?

He'll take the spotlight for awhile, get some good jabs in, then the eventual nominee will hit Trump with the knockout punch.


Joe's a decent dude. But time to move on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Wait, you think Republicans are aligned with your conservative views? 

 

hahahahahahaha

No - but we're not looking for permission to "drag niggers and queers behind our trucks".   And the Lefties actively oppose many of the legislative positions that I hold. SO - what do I do?  Abandon my principles and "go left" because Trump and the current administration are so awful, or keep trying to get both sides to move towards more moderate positions?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2019 at 3:36 AM, Importunate Tom said:

Excerpting it would be within "Fair Use."

Paying them would not be within my budget, which doesn't include subsidizing gungrabby fishwrappers. I'm not burning one of my free articles on that one.

NYT is free today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Raz'r said:

He'll take the spotlight for awhile, get some good jabs in, then the eventual nominee will hit Trump with the knockout punch.


Joe's a decent dude. But time to move on.

I think Joe with Harris as VP could have some legs.  I think she's pretty impressive and the thought is he would not seek a 2nd term.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

No - but we're not looking for permission to "drag niggers and queers behind our trucks".  

You going to disavow the "just shoot the migrants" crowd too, or pretend they don't exist like Dog does?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

You going to disavow the "just shoot the migrants" crowd too, or pretend they don't exist like Dog does?

Sure - there's a right way to go about this, and that will require folks on both sides to move off some ridiculous absolutes that they mistakenly think are inviolable.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

I think Joe with Harris as VP could have some legs.  I think she's pretty impressive and the thought is he would not seek a 2nd term.  

Or Harris with Joe as the VP.  I am old, not as old as Joe, but old.  No one as old as I am should be president.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

No - but we're not looking for permission to "drag niggers and queers behind our trucks".   And the Lefties actively oppose many of the legislative positions that I hold. SO - what do I do?  Abandon my principles and "go left" because Trump and the current administration are so awful, or keep trying to get both sides to move towards more moderate positions?   

Who's "we" homeboy? You think Republicans are Conservative?

Maybe you'll see the light like many of us and leave that party of hate behind. Dems may have some policy positions I don't particularly care for, and I really don't like the politics of groups, but at least they care about being engaged in the world and responsible governance.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Maybe you'll see the light like many of us and leave that party of hate behind. Dems may have some policy positions I don't particularly care for, and I really don't like the politics of groups, but at least they care about being engaged in the world and responsible governance.

Said better than I could have.  I have voted for both parties in my life but what you said is how I feel.  Intelligence should not be a deterrent.  Good on you Razr.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Sure - there's a right way to go about this, and that will require folks on both sides to move off some ridiculous absolutes that they mistakenly think are inviolable.  

Sure

OTOH some things are tautologies. Without the Bill of Rights, without a culture of more openness and more opportunity, without a melting pot, it's not America. Period. Get rid of those, get rid of rule of law much less the Constitution, and it's not America. That's the direction the Trumpublican Party is going, with both feet jammed on the gas pedal and a sneer for anybody who doesn't like it.

As I said elsewhere, -IF- given years in power and amoral leadership, I have no doubt the Democrats would do the same, but for right now, they're not.

Choice seems pretty clear to me.

-DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cal20sailor said:

Said better than I could have.  I have voted for both parties in my life but what you said is how I feel.  Intelligence should not be a deterrent.  Good on you Razr.  

I think California is, like it's been many times, a harbinger of what's to come. It was just 20 years ago that Rs were THE party. Cali provided Nixon and Reagan....

Then somehow the party of "hate the other" took over, and had a blip of popularity, but it's been shoved to the side by the populace. Other than a couple small pockets, Dems now own the policy positions. Balanced budgets,  infrastructure investment, healthare. All the basics of good governance. Worrying about folks speaking spanish on the corner, women having sex, whatever, just aren't issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or shitting in the streets of San Franshitco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gropenfuhrer will be so totally beaten down in 2020 the Senate, House, governorships, and state houses will all

swing to the opposition

get used to it

President Pete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Unfortunately, as much as I would hate to see another 4 years of this nonsense, NONE of what you wish for above will happen.  

Besides, there is still some bitch burning left to go.....

As you said, unfortunately, you are probably correct.  Just let me ask, what happens when the "bitch" is burnt to a crisp?  How far does it go before there is no chance of recovery?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The bitch - and by that I mean a reasonably cordial, amicable political and social life in America - is already burned beyond repair.  It's easy to pinpoint the date it happened - 11/9/2016.   That was the day the Left totally lost their shit over the election of Donald Trump.  If you believe there is any going back to any "reasonable" political and social discourse after the past 2-1/2 years, you're crazier than a shithouse mouse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J28 said:

The bitch - and by that I mean a reasonably cordial, amicable political and social life in America - is already burned beyond repair.  It's easy to pinpoint the date it happened - 11/9/2016.   That was the day the Left totally lost their shit over the election of Donald Trump.  If you believe there is any going back to any "reasonable" political and social discourse after the past 2-1/2 years, you're crazier than a shithouse mouse.

Cordial, amicable political life? You mean like the smear campaign against Eleanor Roosevelt, lesbian? You mean like Dixiecrats-turned-Republican screaming to campaign crowds about how "we got to keep the niggers in their place!!"?? You mean like a Presidential candidate bragging about the size of his dick?

There is one major political party in the US which has abandoned even the pretense of being "reasonable." It's all scorched earth. Burn the bitch down! Hope you like the taste of cinders....................

-DSK

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Cordial, amicable political life? You mean like the smear campaign against Eleanor Roosevelt, lesbian? You mean like Dixiecrats-turned-Republican screaming to campaign crowds about how "we got to keep the niggers in their place!!"?? You mean like a Presidential candidate bragging about the size of his dick?

There is one major political party in the US which has abandoned even the pretense of being "reasonable." It's all scorched earth. Burn the bitch down! Hope you like the taste of cinders....................

-DSK

 

Jesus - you post a lot of stoooopid shit, and this one ranks right up there with some of your greatest misses.  You think you might be able to find something to be outraged over that occurred this millennium?

And if you want an example of repulsive and unpresidential behavior - including throwing the N-word around like a Grand Poo bah of the KKK , look into Lyndon Johnson's character when he was actually president.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2019 at 9:21 AM, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

No - but we're not looking for permission to "drag niggers and queers behind our trucks".   And the Lefties actively oppose many of the legislative positions that I hold. SO - what do I do?  Abandon my principles and "go left" because Trump and the current administration are so awful, or keep trying to get both sides to move towards more moderate positions?   

Or demand that your party gets their shit together as far as the shit show  in the WH now.  You need not abandon your legislative positions and principals. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24% believed Nixon was innocent and even if he did what was said it's not illegal if the POTUS does it.  About the same number believe that Obama is not a citizen and is a muslim, that Trump is a Christian and Hillary is the spawn of the devil.  Those people will vote for Trump along with most of the rest of the GOP.

Newsflash - that ain't going to do it.  Not enough nutters and the Dems won't be running such an unpopular candidate.  I have offered repeatedly for anyone to put the $$ where their mouth (fingers) as in a bet where the loser pays the charity of the winners choice.. Still no takers.

Trump is an anomaly, a trainwreck and it isn't going to end well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Negro PLEASE!  If you believe it started with trump, then you’re a bigger idiot than most gave you credit for.  

BTW - the “bitch” you describe is not the one that needs burning down.  

I think you quoted the wrong post.  Super non-racist @Steam Flyer is the poster who used the n-word.  Not racist, Reichista little ole me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, d'ranger said:

24% believed Nixon was innocent and even if he did what was said it's not illegal if the POTUS does it.  About the same number believe that Obama is not a citizen and is a muslim, that Trump is a Christian and Hillary is the spawn of the devil.  Those people will vote for Trump along with most of the rest of the GOP.

Newsflash - that ain't going to do it.  Not enough nutters and the Dems won't be running such an unpopular candidate.  I have offered repeatedly for anyone to put the $$ where their mouth (fingers) as in a bet where the loser pays the charity of the winners choice.. Still no takers.

Trump is an anomaly, a trainwreck and it isn't going to end well. 

I read an article the other day that said, according to Barr's interpretation of the law, that Nixon was not guilty and should not have been removed from office. Which shows where Barr is coming from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, d'ranger said:

24% believed Nixon was innocent and even if he did what was said it's not illegal if the POTUS does it.  About the same number believe that Obama is not a citizen and is a muslim, that Trump is a Christian and Hillary is the spawn of the devil.  Those people will vote for Trump along with most of the rest of the GOP.

Newsflash - that ain't going to do it.  Not enough nutters and the Dems won't be running such an unpopular candidate.  I have offered repeatedly for anyone to put the $$ where their mouth (fingers) as in a bet where the loser pays the charity of the winners choice.. Still no takers.

Trump is an anomaly, a trainwreck and it isn't going to end well. 

You're betting against the stupidity of the electorate?

I missed that but will join Jeff in taking some of that action. I'm in for 20.

Point of clarification: does the Institute for Justice count as a charity in this context? How about the Second Amendment Foundation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Ishmael said:

I read an article the other day that said, according to Barr's interpretation of the law, that Nixon was not guilty and should not have been removed from office. Which shows where Barr is coming from.

Challenging a legal opinion by citing a case that was never adjudicated.  What was your source for that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeff for $100 and Tom for $20.  If Trump wins i will donate to whatever charity you pick.  It does have to be a real one.....  Too early to pick for me but likely dealing with kids or pets. I have a soft spot for those that can't defend themselves. 

What happened to all the Trump is your president, 6 more years get used to it guys?  Sheesh, it's for charity which hopefully we are all doing anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Jeff for $100 and Tom for $20.  If Trump wins i will donate to whatever charity you pick.  It does have to be a real one.....

Well, OK, but is the Second Amendment Foundation a real one?

Donating to IJ would be my top choice but it's funnier to me to see you donate to SAF so I want to know if that's OK.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Importunate Tom said:

Well, OK, but is the Second Amendment Foundation a real one?

Donating to IJ would be my top choice but it's funnier to me to see you donate to SAF so I want to know if that's OK.

 

Those are actual charities, so yes. You can pick. Not really worried as Trump's chances of winning are about even with the Jeffrey Daimler School of Culinary Arts opening up though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Those are actual charities, so yes. You can pick. Not really worried as Trump's chances of winning are about even with the Jeffrey Daimler School of Culinary Arts opening up though.

Don't underestimate - all it's going to take is the D candidate to make a stupid comment like Hillary's deplorables, and to ignore a portion of the voters like she did, and Trump's got a chance.   I'd like to think that the majority of the conservative voters are pragmatists, but, I hear enough commentary to make me realize that they're as hateful as those D's who's primary purpose is to bash the right, and will vote for spite rather than effectiveness if they get a chance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Don't underestimate - all it's going to take is the D candidate to make a stupid comment like Hillary's deplorables, and to ignore a portion of the voters like she did, and Trump's got a chance.   I'd like to think that the majority of the conservative voters are pragmatists, but, I hear enough commentary to make me realize that they're as hateful as those D's who's primary purpose is to bash the right, and will vote for spite rather than effectiveness if they get a chance. 

See, it all comes down to who you read and listen to: The War on Christians - the efforts to ban Christianity from America, it's a real thing! The Green New Deal! They are going to take away our cars and cows! We will have to walk everywhere. I read and listen to a fair number of RW sites and it is fuking bizarro world. The idiots here who think climate change is wonderful? No surprise, they get fed that shit every single day.

Oh and the deplorables? just like the GND, taken way out of context and repeated and embellished by every RW talking head. What I see  the Ds are doing whatever it takes to get Trump out of the WH while restoring some sanity and dignity to our government.  We as a nation and a planet face huge issues and the Rs are only interested in holding on to power. It isn't going to work and it isn't going to end well for Trump - the biggest fraud and con to ever be in the WH.

YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, d'ranger said:

See, it all comes down to who you read and listen to: The War on Christians - the efforts to ban Christianity from America, it's a real thing! The Green New Deal! They are going to take away our cars and cows! We will have to walk everywhere. I read and listen to a fair number of RW sites and it is fuking bizarro world. The idiots here who think climate change is wonderful? No surprise, they get fed that shit every single day.

Oh and the deplorables? just like the GND, taken way out of context and repeated and embellished by every RW talking head. What I see  the Ds are doing whatever it takes to get Trump out of the WH while restoring some sanity and dignity to our government.  We as a nation and a planet face huge issues and the Rs are only interested in holding on to power. It isn't going to work and it isn't going to end well for Trump - the biggest fraud and con to ever be in the WH.

 YMMV

I'd love to see something that makes me agree with you on this point - sincerely.   While not as bombastic as Trump?   I think that the Ds are similarly focused on holding on to power moreso than they are interested in repairing the unnecessary division and rancor that currently poison the country.    BTW - My intent in offering this opinion isn't to say that I *hope* Trump prevails in 2020 - I'd have been tickled pink if Larry Hogan thought he had a chance in hell at primary-ing Trump, but, considering his loss a foregone conclusion might not be the best approach.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I'd love to see something that makes me agree with you on this point - sincerely.   While not as bombastic as Trump?   I think that the Ds are similarly focused on holding on to power moreso than they are interested in repairing the unnecessary division and rancor that currently poison the country.    BTW - My intent in offering this opinion isn't to say that I *hope* Trump prevails in 2020 - I'd have been tickled pink if Larry Hogan thought he had a chance in hell at primary-ing Trump, but, considering his loss a foregone conclusion might not be the best approach.  

OK, first: Trump is a crook who has lied, bullied and bullshitted his way through life and into the WH - currently every action is taken to block any efforts to expose him for the fraud he is. He governs with his ego and waving his mushroom dick around. The GOP has stood by and defended him. The GOP is now dead to me.

Care to see a difference? Then do some reading on those running for the D choice. Here is a quick start on China Democratic contenders plans to negotiate with China

Over my lifetime I have tried to support the GOP and have watched the Spend and tax cut, preach about smaller less intrusive government while doing the exact opposite. The Ds are far from perfect but to me the choice is pretty simple - improve or die. I voted for Hillary (knowing she would mostly be a status quo and ineffective POTUS in at least partly due to the incredible obstruction she would face) because I know Trump and knew what we were in store for - in fact my recurring joke that the Rs would vote for Bozo the Clown was not a joke.

Rant over. I don't expect this to do anything but give me an opportunity to express some frustration with my fellow Americans.

edit: To add that I thought the Rs would vote for Bozo what I didn't realize is that years later they would still support him. The GOP is fucked now as everything will come to light and expose them for being either hypocrites or mindless party before country sheep.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Those are actual charities, so yes. You can pick. Not really worried as Trump's chances of winning are about even with the Jeffrey Daimler School of Culinary Arts opening up though.

That was my guess last time until pretty late on election day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

This is surprising to me, according to Zogby, Trump is doing well with younger voters, less so with older voters. I'm in for $20

"President Trump's job approval rating has seen a post Mueller report boost! We called it a few weeks ago. But that's not the complete story as to why the president has reached a peak in his job approval rating. Trump is also riding high on positive economic news-a record high stock market, low unemployment, and solid GDP growth at home. At the moment President Trump's approval rating is higher than Obama's at the same point in his presidency-Zogby Analytics had President Obama at 48% approve/52% disapprove on 05/09/2011.

Overall, a slim majority (51%--30% strongly and 21% somewhat approve) of likely voters approve of Trump's job as president, while 48% disapprove-37% strongly and 11% somewhat disapprove; only 2% were not sure.

President Trump scored well with younger Millennial voters aged 18-29 (51% approve/46% disapprove) and Generation Z voters aged 18-24 (49% approve/51% disapprove). The President also received a good approval rating with voters aged 25-54; he received a majority job approval rating from older Millennial voters aged 25-34 (53% approve/43% disapprove) and middle aged voters aged 35-54 (59% approve/38% disapprove). Among the oldest voters surveyed-aged 65+, Trump's disapproval rating was the strongest (59% disapprove/41% approve). As per usual, the president did well with men (58% approve/40% disapprove) and he improved his support with women (44% approve/54% disapprove)".

https://zogbyanalytics.com/news/888-trump-s-job-approval-tops-50-a-majority-of-millennials-approve-of-trump-nearly-half-of-generation-z-voters-approve-of-trump-trump-is-winning-back-hispanic-independent-college-educated-and-urban-voters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2019 at 10:51 AM, Ishmael said:

I read an article the other day that said, according to Barr's interpretation of the law, that Nixon was not guilty and should not have been removed from office. Which shows where Barr is coming from.

That's exactly right. Barr really believes in the unitary executive theory. Problem is, he's not close to the only one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dog said:

This is surprising to me, according to Zogby

 

On 5/14/2019 at 12:16 PM, Importunate Tom said:

That was my guess last time until pretty late on election day.

Like many here, I don't pay that much attention to poling the electorate.

How did Zogby fare last time around. Better than I did at least?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Madmax said:

Is Biden or Warren the one?

4 years and one month ago, JEB! was one of the names in that kind of question.

A month later, we began the rapid process of forgetting all about the inevitability of his nomination.

So do we really know yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hypercapnic Tom said:

4 years and one month ago, JEB! was one of the names in that kind of question.

A month later, we began the rapid process of forgetting all about the inevitability of his nomination.

So do we really know yet?

No

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Biden or Bernie?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now