Madmax

Trump 2020

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, d'ranger said:

Well, pretty sure Trump never read anything from Paul Elvstrom.....

Simplified for the simple.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can the Democrats become over achievers and pick a candidate even worse than Hillary?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gissie said:

Can the Democrats become over achievers and pick a candidate even worse than Hillary?

Rumor has it she's restarted her exploratory committee and is reaching out to donors again...

:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given the latest developments I'd say donnie will be pushing shit uphill with a rake, that said think Hilary would be wasting her time.

Donnie has repeated "lock her up" to often to escape the American consciousness.

But..... if...... in the interim donnie found himself...... looking at getting locked up....well things might get interesting and of course once again it could all be

Hillarys fault.

Honestly YCMTSU !

Rewind the soap opera and hit start.:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This obsession we have with elections...  It's a sports-like connection.  Pick a team and root for it.  But picking a political "team" is not the same as being a sports fan.  Elections affect our everyday lives.  And too often the candidates are nothing more than self-serving opportunists - snake oil salesmen with a slick tongue. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

But..... if...... in the interim donnie found himself...... looking at getting locked up....well things might get interesting and of course once again it could all be

The Trump we see now is the same Trump from the Roy Cohn days.  Back then Trump was just an egotistical spoiled brat wannabe.  And then he met Roy Cohn.  Cohn showed Trump how a corrupt lawyer (who is smart enough to not get caught) could make him far richer than he was ever going to be doing what he was doing.  And Trump took to that like a horn dog jumping on a bitch in heat.

No way he's ever going to change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2020 is what the GOP tax cut was all about. Now you have old-time establishment Republicans that previously opposed Trump lining up tog give him massive amounts of cash this time around. Screw the Fiscal Responsibility Express. Trump is their golden goose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Navig8tor said:

Given the latest developments I'd say donnie will be pushing shit uphill with a rake, that said think Hilary would be wasting her time.

Donnie has repeated "lock her up" to often to escape the American consciousness.

But..... if...... in the interim donnie found himself...... looking at getting locked up....well things might get interesting and of course once again it could all be

Hillarys fault.

Honestly YCMTSU !

Rewind the soap opera and hit start.:D

Hillary is a lost cause. She will never recover from her ‘Deplorables’ cry. Putting everyone that disagrees with you in the deplorable box is wrong. When she came out with it the first time was when I was certain she would lose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hillary recovered pretty well to the tune of +3M votes. Of course, y'all Deplorables had Putin's vote. So there's that. Republicans are just gonna have to live with that.

image.thumb.png.a87fe1416e9dd4cacb634e974ee4610e.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope democrats realize that Creepy Joe will probably have a very difficult time beating Trump in 2020 the way things are now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2019 at 5:25 PM, Gissie said:

Hillary is a lost cause. She will never recover from her ‘Deplorables’ cry. Putting everyone that disagrees with you in the deplorable box is wrong. When she came out with it the first time was when I was certain she would lose. 

the problem with 'deplorables' is that subset of trumpies didn't know what it meant so they adopted it as a mantra

had she just been honest and called them racists...

then again a white woman who couldn't beat a black man in america should've taken the hint back then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hillary running would be the ultimate win-win for Republicans. NOTHING is a better fund raiser or get-out-the-vote tool than fear of Hillary. Even if she wins the Republicans can use her to good effect for House races. After all, if we don't win there then nothing can stop Fascist Terrorist Marxist Pedo-Pizza Democrats from destroying the country and having gay sex on the lawn :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s time the Dems leave us old white fucks behind.

joe would be a mistake.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

the problem with 'deplorables' is that subset of trumpies didn't know what it meant so they adopted it as a mantra

had she just been honest and called them racists...

then again a white woman who couldn't beat a black man in america should've taken the hint back then

I agree there is a subset that could be considered deplorables. Same with the Democrats. It was the way she claimed it was everyone that supported Trump, not just a subset that caused the problem. It showed an arrogance and disdain that many in the middle felt made Trump seem the less hard to swallow. 

As for not beating a black man not so sure. But Jeb being the first dumped by the Republicans should have been a warning to the Democrats that no one wanted the old guard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

the problem with 'deplorables' is that subset of trumpies didn't know what it meant so they adopted it as a mantra

had she just been honest and called them racists...

then again a white woman who couldn't beat a black man in america should've taken the hint back then

I don't know, some black men are pretty big.   

Back on point, Hillary was hard to get behind (puns welcome).  I voted for Bernie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Raz'r said:

It’s time the Dems leave us old white fucks behind.

joe would be a mistake.

I agree the old guard should disappear. But it wasn't even two years ago, and everyone, including Trump, thought Biden could beat him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

the problem with 'deplorables' is that subset of trumpies didn't know what it meant so they adopted it as a mantra

had she just been honest and called them racists...

then again a white woman who couldn't beat a black man in america should've taken the hint back then

That is a great strategy.  Just call those that disagree with you racists.  That works every time.  You should do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the editorial pages, just cause I thought it was funny..  

 

2019-04-05.thumb.jpeg.fcbad17ccdaa68e6985d4d37b73f89fc.jpeg

 

 

I'd like to vote for Tulsi Gabbard but I can't see how she'll be an option when the time comes - she'll be one of the early folks to drop out after Iowa/NH/SC.  The electorate WANTS to fight and her anti-endless-war position has no traction, either to the media or with the primary voters.  We LIKE having Russia as the big bad biggie man - whether it's to expand government power, expand the surveillance state, to sell newspapers or clicks, or just expand the military spending, there's something there for everyone.  The cold war is good for business.

 To me, Joe would be return to the Bush/Obama status quo - which I was completely done with and why I was against Hillary.  16 years of the Neocon duopoly was enough for me.    I'd rather see Bernie or Warren than Joe but I don't think Warren can appeal outside of a very specific subset of voters so i don't think she'll get the nomination.

I honestly can't see voting for Trump so if it's Don v Joe, I'll take a serious look at the 3rd party candidates and probably end up voting Joe.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, jzk said:

That is a great strategy.  Just call those that disagree with you racists.  That works every time.  You should do that.

If it walks like a duck.....

Trump ignores black #1 NFL pick to congratulate white player with history of racist tweets

Source: Raw Story


written by Tom Boggioni / Raw Story April 27, 2019 

In his first tweet on Saturday morning, President Donald Trump ignored the first player picked in the NFL draft, Oklahoma quarterback Kyler Murray, who is black, to praise the number two pick — a white player with a history of racist tweets. 

In his tweet, Trump skipped over the Heisman Trophy winner to celebrate Ohio State’s Nick Bosa — who missed most of the 2018 season — for being picked second. 

“Congratulations to Nick Bosa on being picked number two in the NFL Draft. You will be a great player for years to come, maybe one of the best. Big Talent! San Francisco will embrace you but most importantly, always stay true to yourself. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!” he tweeted. 

According to to the San Franciso Chronicle,”Bosa recently deleted tweets in which he called Colin Kaepernick a ‘clown,’ referred to Beyonce’s music as ‘complete trash’ and called ‘Black Panther’ the worst Marvel movie. On Thursday, the website Blacksportsonline posted threads showing Bosa following and liking accounts that feature white nationalist posts. The twitter feed @rzstprogramming showed Bosa retweeted a tweet referring to ‘crappernick.'”

Read more: https://www.alternet.org/2019/04/trump-ignores-black-1-nfl-pick-to-congratulate-white-player-with-history-of-racist-tweets/?utm_source=push_notifications 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, cmilliken said:

From the editorial pages, just cause I thought it was funny..  

 

2019-04-05.thumb.jpeg.fcbad17ccdaa68e6985d4d37b73f89fc.jpeg

 

Both funny and sad. Also not just a dem vs rep problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About 30% are going to vote for the Gropenfuhrer even if he is dead by then 

47% will vote for the Democrat

the rest are in play and, despite that third base start  Biden or Warren could each find a way to lose. 

I am rooting for Mayor Pete who will get  99,999% of the  10% who are gay. 

Republicans are scared shitless  because they think The 47% don’t give a damn who gives them their free ride 

also... Mayor Pete is a military veteran and has more executive political office experience than the golfing  Gropenfuhrer

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gissie said:
4 hours ago, cmilliken said:

2019-04-05.thumb.jpeg.fcbad17ccdaa68e6985d4d37b73f89fc.jpeg

 

Both funny and sad. Also not just a dem vs rep problem. 

Nah, today's Republicans are pointing at the number on the ground and saying "Kenyan!"

When they think Trump is smart, and doing a good job, it shows that they have fully severed the connection to reality. I don't think they're interested in coming back.

-DSK

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jzk said:

That is a great strategy.  Just call those that disagree with you racists.  That works every time.  You should do that.

Problem..... there are still a lot of racists, or more specifically, those who would welcome a society that stratifies people by race .... with them NOT at the bottom of course, most seem fine with being near the bottom as long as they can shit on somebody below them.

What do you suggest calling these people?

It's good that even the racists think it's an insult to be called one. But that's still not quite enough

-DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jzk said:

That is a great strategy.  Just call those that disagree with you racists.  That works every time.  You should do that.

no, just call the racists racists.  It's easy enough to pick 'em out if you're not a racist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

no, just call the racists racists.  It's easy enough to pick 'em out if you're not a racist

No need to even pick them out any more according to most on here. If you are a republican you are a racist. I’d you say the slightest thing not deriding Trump you are also a fascist. 

Makes life easy, not much brain power needed. Probably less than a deplorable uses to open his beer. Must be nice to be so certain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2019 at 4:18 AM, Jules said:

The Trump we see now is the same Trump from the Roy Cohn days.  Back then Trump was just an egotistical spoiled brat wannabe.  And then he met Roy Cohn.  Cohn showed Trump how a corrupt lawyer (who is smart enough to not get caught) could make him far richer than he was ever going to be doing what he was doing.  And Trump took to that like a horn dog jumping on a bitch in heat.

No way he's ever going to change.

Roy did get caught....and disbarred....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2019 at 2:47 AM, Gissie said:

Can the Democrats become over achievers and pick a candidate even worse than Hillary?

Smarmy, but as bad a candidate as Hillary turned out to be.........????

:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Amati said:

Smarmy, but as bad a candidate as Hillary turned out to be.........????

:rolleyes:

All the rest of the Democrats were even worse?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gissie said:

All the rest of the Democrats were even worse?

When ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Amati said:

When ?

If Hills was the best they could chose then all the other dems must have been worse. Or why did they pick her. Surely not because it was just her turn. That would have been a rather shallow reason would it not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gissie said:

If Hills was the best they could chose then all the other dems must have been worse. Or why did they pick her. Surely not because it was just her turn. That would have been a rather shallow reason would it not. 

More a traditional Republican mode....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First off, a bunch of Republicans have realized just how incompetent Trump is as a CIC, president and director of the GOP.

In a do-over election, given steady demographics changes, tired-of-his-shit Conservatives, blood letting from house investigations and steadily worsening mental capabilities, Trump would lose to Hillary at this point. 

Secondly, anyone who says “Democrats just label anyone supporting Trump a racist” is ignoring Republicans who find his race-baiting repugnant. You may be convincing yourself that finding racist actions and those supporting them is a political issue, but it remains a moral problem. 

Your refusal to deal with this problem is emblematic of GOP refusal to accept challenges. Bullies & reprehensible  moral leadership of the GOP is the result of schizophrenic desires of an embattled base: Trump needs to appear strong against terrorism but go easy on white supremacists. He represents Evangelicals while being a shitty husband and unethical businessman. He is supposedly protecting America’s borders while he & his team consistently violates national security safeguards and ignores identified security issues he would rather deny (election security and climate change.) He said he’d pay down the debt, but really he’s worsened it so rich people can have our money while enjoying America’s benefits.

This ain’t leadership, and there should be no question who should win a presidential election: the candidate who is not Donald Trump. That it’s even an issue speaks volumes of those who would vote for such a man. 

Pathetic & weak folks vote for immoral bullies who act like racists and take their money while jeopardizing our nation. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, phillysailor said:

First off, a bunch of Republicans have realized just how incompetent Trump is as a CIC, president and director of the GOP.

This go around, the Democrats are going to face the same issue the Republicans faced - a big field where the MEDIA gets to pick who THEY think is the most interesting and cover them.  The estimates I read put Trumps 'free coverage' at somewhere around two BILLION dollars on top of his paid advertising.  I think that's a low estimate.  There have already been complaints of biased coverage and it's going to get worse - a lot worse - as votes actually start getting cast.

Lets say that Bernie's core group - his 25% base - hang tough and keep voting.  That'll put him near the top of any primary.  The media LOVES to play up the Socialist angle - its easy fodder and Trump will reward them by tweeting back.  Imagine being Warren and trying to pitch a policy-centric candidacy against the shit storm that Trump/Bernie Bros are going to be waging.  And if she gets knocked out of the race, are her supporters going to stay home?  No, they're going to support Bernie, the guy who drubbed their candidate on the back of days on end of nonsense pratter with the twitter-in-chief.

That's why my anger isn't at democrats or republicans.  We're being milked by the House of Mouse and the evil spawn of Murdock.  "They don't want you to think - they want you to feel".

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
2 minutes ago, cmilliken said:

This go around, the Democrats are going to face the same issue the Republicans faced - a big field where the MEDIA gets to pick who THEY think is the most interesting and cover them.  The estimates I read put Trumps 'free coverage' at somewhere around two BILLION dollars on top of his paid advertising.  I think that's a low estimate.  There have already been complaints of biased coverage and it's going to get worse - a lot worse - as votes actually start getting cast.

Lets say that Bernie's core group - his 25% base - hang tough and keep voting.  That'll put him near the top of any primary.  The media LOVES to play up the Socialist angle - its easy fodder and Trump will reward them by tweeting back.  Imagine being Warren and trying to pitch a policy-centric candidacy against the shit storm that Trump/Bernie Bros are going to be waging.  And if she gets knocked out of the race, are her supporters going to stay home?  No, they're going to support Bernie, the guy who drubbed their candidate on the back of days on end of nonsense pratter with the twitter-in-chief.

That's why my anger isn't at democrats or republicans.  We're being milked by the House of Mouse and the evil spawn of Murdock.

 

Yep.  On a recent NPR round table discussion about the upcoming election, one of the political reporters (Amy Walters?) pretty much admitted to the role the media played in Trump's rise and how the media is repeating this again in the early coverage of the Dem field by already essentially picking winners and losers based on the amount of coverage they are giving the candidates.  She also admitted that the media, despite some awareness of this issue, will not be able to help themselves from doing it again.  And the D candidates who know how or quickly learn how to manipulate the media to keep the spotlight on them will rise to the top of the heap quickly.  And that is a double edged sword as well, because the media is only going to focus on the candidates who come up with the most outrageous positions or the most contentious tweets.  Which in turn forces the candidates away from moderate, sensible positions.  

I predict 2020 will be another shit show of silliness.  Its modern day bread and circuses.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Yep.  On a recent NPR round table discussion about the upcoming election, one of the political reporters (Amy Walters?) pretty much admitted to the role the media played in Trump's rise and how the media is repeating this again in the early coverage of the Dem field by already essentially picking winners and losers based on the amount of coverage they are giving the candidates.  She also admitted that the media, despite some awareness of this issue, will not be able to help themselves from doing it again.  And the D candidates who know how or quickly learn how to manipulate the media to keep the spotlight on them will rise to the top of the heap quickly.  And that is a double edged sword as well, because the media is only going to focus on the candidates who come up with the most outrageous positions or the most contentious tweets.  Which in turn forces the candidates away from moderate, sensible positions.  

I predict 2020 will be another shit show of silliness.  Its modern day bread and circuses.  

Yea, I listened to that too.  I think she's right - and they're not going to be able to help themselves.  NPR is at least self aware and admits the issue.

The best thing that someone like Amy Klobachar could do at this point is start yelling at her staff at a Starbucks and 'anonymously' post it on Starbucks/Facebook.  At least it plays into a narrative that the media has already demonstrated they're willing to waste news cycles covering.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if the Media is picking winners and losers, is their primary motivation financial (i.e. ratings), or ideological (coverage reflects their political biases)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
32 minutes ago, J28 said:

So if the Media is picking winners and losers, is their primary motivation financial (i.e. ratings), or ideological (coverage reflects their political biases)?

Yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, J28 said:

So if the Media is picking winners and losers, is their primary motivation financial (i.e. ratings), or ideological (coverage reflects their political biases)?

I think it's both.

Look at the affirmative action question.  The 'easy framing is 'poor disadvantaged youth gets chance at a better life'.  That's an easy story to tell, a clear protagonist, and a pretty solid antagonist, when the villain is 'systemic racism'.  Who the hell would cheer for 'systemic racism'?

If you're a TV exec, and you want a good story that will garner clicks, what do you do?  Remember, you're pitching to the bell curve - 95-100 IQ.  Most of the time, you'll tell a simple story with simple narrative and clear winner / loser.  If you're Fox, you'll play up 'take your guns' or 'killing Christians' or 'SOCIALIST!!'' stories.  If you're MSNBC, you'll play "Orange man bad", or "Russia Russia Russia!" stories.  Those are the "Tee-Shirt and Blue Jean" stories - cheep and reliable and the foundation of your sales volume.  You make your profit from the whales willing to pay for your 'pay-wall' content.

Journalists themselves self-identify as either neutral or liberal so they'll tell narratives they're most familiar with telling.  It's ironic that the old standby for writers - "write about what you know" - is somehow disavowed if you're talking about mass media.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Yes

“....primary...”?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cmilliken said:

Lets say that Bernie's core group - his 25% base - hang tough and keep voting.  That'll put him near the top of any primary.

No, it won't. Bernie has shit support amongst women & black, two groups that dominate democrat primarys in several states. It's part of why Bernie lost last time fair and square. but it's a really nice clueless media narrative to sell, just like the false equivalence of msnbc & fox.

y'all got the nature of Trumps media support wrong. Trumps biggest liability was people - even in his own party - saw him as a joke. the more the media covered him as a "serious" candidate - which they had too - the more that liability was negated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know voters who didn't support Trump in 2016 who plan on voting for him in 2020?  Trump won by a bit over 70,000 votes out of something like 134,000,000 so a pretty skinny % (yeah, I know people who only want to look at the EC vote).  Independents got over 5%, Hillary got a bit over 2% more than Trump.

I know a number of people who voted for Trump that no longer support him, and likely to either not vote, vote Independent or even D.    Just curious on what basis the base thinks it has a winning hand. 

Not really interested in comments, just an honest answer from anyone who now supports Trump when they didn't before or didn't bother to vote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
6 hours ago, J28 said:
6 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Yes

“....primary...”?

Yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Does anyone know voters who didn't support Trump in 2016 who plan on voting for him in 2020?  Trump won by a bit over 70,000 votes out of something like 134,000,000 so a pretty skinny % (yeah, I know people who only want to look at the EC vote).  Independents got over 5%, Hillary got a bit over 2% more than Trump.

I know a number of people who voted for Trump that no longer support him, and likely to either not vote, vote Independent or even D.    Just curious on what basis the base thinks it has a winning hand. 

Not really interested in comments, just an honest answer from anyone who now supports Trump when they didn't before or didn't bother to vote.

Or to look at Electorally College way, are there any states that Trump lost last time that he could win this time? In contrast, are there states he won that he could lose? I think the answers to these questions is pretty clear. I think a large number of Trump voters may just stay home in '20. They won't have the enthusiasm of last time. On the flip side there are lots of 2016 non-voters, especially younger people and/or those with a functioning brain who are really motivated to be anti-Trump voters this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Or to look at Electorally College way, are there any states that Trump lost last time that he could win this time? In contrast, are there states he won that he could lose? I think the answers to these questions is pretty clear. I think a large number of Trump voters may just stay home in '20. They won't have the enthusiasm of last time. On the flip side there are lots of 2016 non-voters, especially younger people and/or those with a functioning brain who are really motivated to be anti-Trump voters this time.

So your opinion is Trump’s losing is a sure thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, J28 said:

So your opinion is Trump’s losing is a sure thing?

Since nobody has responded to my request why don't you educate us on why he will be reelected? Personally I don't see how it can happen, his hardcore base isn't going anywhere but a lot have defected and I have yet to find anyone who has since gotten on his bandwagon.

Since you mentioned you don't own the boat of the ID but a bigger one I will refer to you as Jfarty8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

does for me on a Mac. you have any suggestions, I'm not a computer wizard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 3to1 said:

does for me on a Mac. you have any suggestions, I'm not a computer wizard.

Has more to do with it's on your own unit than it being a mac.  most likely.  How do I know? I used to help product test/trouble shoot for a PhD Nasa engineer software guy.  "when testing software it must be done on a clean machine". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Since nobody has responded to my request why don't you educate us on why he will be reelected? Personally I don't see how it can happen, his hardcore base isn't going anywhere but a lot have defected and I have yet to find anyone who has since gotten on his bandwagon.

Since you mentioned you don't own the boat of the ID but a bigger one I will refer to you as Jfarty8

“Donald Trump’s first year and a half in office has been, by virtually any metric, a complete and utter disaster. The POTUS has attacked the intelligence community, undermined relationships with America’s longest-standing allies, endorsed alleged sex predators, and overseen the forcible separation of children from their families.”

“Despite his many scathing scandals and controversies, Trump somehow remains the overwhelming favorite to win the next US Presidential election in 2020. The Donald’s current average odds of +110 are 990 points better than his next closest competitor. That isn’t just a gap – it’s yawning chasm – and it could get even wider unless something changes soon.”

https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/politics/us-presidential-election-odds/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, J28 said:

“Donald Trump’s first year and a half in office has been, by virtually any metric, a complete and utter disaster. The POTUS has attacked the intelligence community, undermined relationships with America’s longest-standing allies, endorsed alleged sex predators, and overseen the forcible separation of children from their families.”

“Despite his many scathing scandals and controversies, Trump somehow remains the overwhelming favorite to win the next US Presidential election in 2020. The Donald’s current average odds of +110 are 990 points better than his next closest competitor. That isn’t just a gap – it’s yawning chasm – and it could get even wider unless something changes soon.”

https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/politics/us-presidential-election-odds/

 

I thought the Atlantic had a nice piece that helps clarify things a bit..

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2019/04/twitter-is-not-america/587770/

"Twitter Is Not America"

-------------

The vast number of people really aren't that interested in politics, aren't that aware of even the gross details of politics, and really don't want to think about it until the last minute.  

To me, Trump has the same slugger's chance he had last time.  Trump will lose to Boring Joe - if boring Joe can make it through the primaries - which I SERIOUSLY doubt.  Why would Trump lose?   Because Joe laughs.  He smiles.  You can trust Joe.  Joe's been around forever.. and Joe is named Joe.

Very few of the other Democrats have that.  Who has friends named Kamela?  Not enough.  Warren - she always seems so angry and reminds you of you're 8th grade teacher.  Pete?  Didn't I coach him in little league a few years ago?  Ok.. so maybe it was 25 years ago but that's not that long.  For the average voter, it's just not that complicated.  They care about the things that impact their lives and familiarly.  That's about it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to know Trump is keeping the level of discourse civil for the 2020 election season. Democrats are baby killers now.

"The baby is born; the mother meets with the doctor. They take care of the baby. They wrap the baby beautifully. Then the doctor & mother determine whether or not they will execute the baby." - Trump

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-unhinged-rally-828399/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bhyde said:

Nice to know Trump is keeping the level of discourse civil for the 2020 election season. Democrats are baby killers now.

"The baby is born; the mother meets with the doctor. They take care of the baby. They wrap the baby beautifully. Then the doctor & mother determine whether or not they will execute the baby." - Trump

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-unhinged-rally-828399/

Russert clarifies his original point: Would you ban partial-birth abortion? “No,” Trump replies.

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/04/03/donald-trumps-ever-shifting-positions-on-abortion/?utm_term=.b3d8d9ad2229

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, jzk said:

What business is it of the federal government to ban any kind of abortions?

So do you drink the Kool-Aid because you're a Billionaire or a Racist?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, jzk said:

What business is it of the federal government to ban any kind of abortions?

equality of access across the nation?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2019 at 6:55 PM, cmilliken said:

I thought the Atlantic had a nice piece that helps clarify things a bit..

If you bothered to click on the link you'd have seen J28 only posted half the story. The betting line has the Dems favored to win the Presidency  -150 and pulling away from Republicans. Trump is, of course, the most likely current candidate to be President because he'll most likely be unopposed in the primary and be running in October 2020; only one or maybe two of the Democrat scrum will be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2019 at 2:53 PM, d'ranger said:

Independents got over 5%, Hillary got a bit over 2% more than Trump.

Nah, it didn't happen that way. I read it on the internet.

On 7/24/2018 at 11:17 PM, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:
On 7/24/2018 at 10:39 PM, Uncooperative Tom said:

It's to distinguish from "a few."

As in, Hillary won the popular vote by a few million, but would have won victory had she been able to convince some of the several million who voted for Gary.

so your usual autofellative mendacity.

in common parlance several > a few. gary "i'm a fucking whore" johnson had less than half the votes hillary won the popular vote by.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Dems better get their shit together or this is going to be a landslide.  Market is up, unemployment down, tariffs in place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Madmax said:

The Dems better get their shit together or this is going to be a landslide.  Market is up, unemployment down, tariffs in place.

Didn't see what the markets have done over the last couple of days, after the Trumpanzee said the tariffs are going higher? I figure he's trying to kill the market so the .01% can get bailed out again by the US taxpayer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Madmax said:

The Dems better get their shit together or this is going to be a landslide.  Market is up, unemployment down, tariffs in place.

DJIA is down 380 today (so far)....

Tariffs in place? Not yet, but when they happen, expect the Dow to plummet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Madmax said:

The Dems better get their shit together or this is going to be a landslide.  Market is up, unemployment down, tariffs in place.

Market is up. Check

Unemployment down, Check

Taxes for the consumer up. Check (Tariffs are also inflationary, so that should be kicking in at some point)

Which means interest rates will go back up, which means the unemployment will go up, and the market will drop.

 

But - F that. The business cycle will be what it will be.


Dems can run on just a couple key things:
 

Increase in Min Wage

Healthcare tweaks to improve the system

SS tweaks to increase funding to SS

some sort of way to address cost of education

energy source diversification

infrastructure

being the adult in the room

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

DJIA is down 380 today (so far)....

Tariffs in place? Not yet, but when they happen, expect the Dow to plummet.

-472 at this moment

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Taxes for the consumer up. Check (Tariffs are also inflationary, so that should be kicking in at some point)

The point at which that happened for me was the purchase of a new washer/dryer the other day. The 5th set recently, all the same, so I've got good numbers on what was paid.

The washer went up because of the tax, the dryer went up just because.

Just like the Koch-$pon$ored Trump Cheerleading I Posted said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Importunate Tom said:

The point at which that happened for me was the purchase of a new washer/dryer the other day. The 5th set recently, all the same, so I've got good numbers on what was paid.

The washer went up because of the tax, the dryer went up just because.

Just like the Koch-$pon$ored Trump Cheerleading I Posted said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/21/business/trump-tariffs-washing-machines.html?searchResultPosition=1

Note the first paragraph of the story

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Market is up. Check

Unemployment down, Check

Taxes for the consumer up. Check (Tariffs are also inflationary, so that should be kicking in at some point)

Which means interest rates will go back up, which means the unemployment will go up, and the market will drop.

 

But - F that. The business cycle will be what it will be.


Dems can run on just a couple key things:
 

Increase in Min Wage

Healthcare tweaks to improve the system

SS tweaks to increase funding to SS

some sort of way to address cost of education

energy source diversification

 infrastructure

being the adult in the room

 

 

If they adopted that platform?   I'd support it, *IF* they actually pushed the platform and acted like the adults in the room.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

 acted like the adults in the room.  

Yeah, because that's important. It clearly is not to an EC majority.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Yeah, because that's important. It clearly is not to an EC majority.

It's important if you expect your party to act in a manner that will gain support from the people they've been vilifying for the past 20 years.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:
28 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Yeah, because that's important. It clearly is not to an EC majority.

It's important if you expect your party to act in a manner that will gain support from the people they've been vilifying for the past 20 years.  

Why?

Is there any remote possibility of that happening? The Trumpettes are a lost generation. Either they will bring the rest of us down to their level, or the rest of us will move on and leave them behind..... again.

-DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Steam Flyer said:

Why?

Is there any remote possibility of that happening? The Trumpettes are a lost generation. Either they will bring the rest of us down to their level, or the rest of us will move on and leave them behind..... again.

-DSK

I know it hurts you to consider it, but there is a whole segment of the conservative population who aren't Trumpettes.  I don't think that the Ds are going to be able to pull anything out of the hat w/out some help from the center, and I know that if the only thing they're offering is "the other side of the mirror"?  I'm not buying that.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I know it hurts you to consider it, but there is a whole segment of the conservative population who aren't Trumpettes

80-90%+ of self-identified conservatives support Donald Trump. What hurts is that numbers so high and when people pretend it isn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New business opportunity after Trump gets re-elected(by any means, fair or foul).

T shirts and bumper stickers: “America: It Was Nice While It Lasted”.

If one wants more geographical precision, replace America with “The United States.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:
11 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Is there any remote possibility of that happening? The Trumpettes are a lost generation. Either they will bring the rest of us down to their level, or the rest of us will move on and leave them behind..... again.

 

I know it hurts you to consider it, but there is a whole segment of the conservative population who aren't Trumpettes.  I don't think that the Ds are going to be able to pull anything out of the hat w/out some help from the center, and I know that if the only thing they're offering is "the other side of the mirror"?  I'm not buying that.  

Well, Trump consistently pulls 85%+ approval ratings from registered Republicans. Possibly most of them wouldn't really consider themselves Trumpettes and regard the man with some distaste. As Dog says, he's an asshole. And a crook.

But hey, ALL politicians are crooks, right? And he's THEIR asshole. Your suggestion to pry away some of that voter base seems like a ridiculous waste of effort & money to me. There's a reason they call it "the base"

Meanwhile, there is a whole universe of ideas and potential policies out there. It isn't a linear progression from "right-wing and LOVES Trump" to right-but-barely-likes-Trump to wild-eyed leftist faggotry.

-DSK

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

OK - If that's how you think?   Y'all have fun w/2020.

Have fun with what replaces America, if the Republicans "win."

-DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

New business opportunity after Trump gets re-elected(by any means, fair or foul).

T shirts and bumper stickers: “America: It Was Nice While It Lasted”.

If one wants more geographical precision, replace America with “The United States.”

Actually Mexico is also "The United States", so that nomenclature is also not particularly accurate.  

I suggest the "Dis-united States of America" might be the best description.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm interested in how folks are feeling about Trump taking on the Chinese? It seems that our economy has withstood the tariffs so far quite nicely. If some real gains in terms of opening up their markets and making investment decisions more transparent & predictable, then that's a big investment in America's future. If we also get intellectual property protections in the deal? It's a no-brainer: big time win.

If nothing else, a bull in a China shop gets attention. If a bully can get this done? I'd say congratulations, Mr Trump & buy that commemorative coin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think about this Democrats:  Trump was one of the worst people to ever run for President of the United States.  He's a New York City asshole.  He says and tweets dumb stuff constantly.  He's a narcissist.  A recording of him saying women let him grab em by the pussy was released to the public just before the 2016 election.  He's on his third wife.  He was a known playboy for decades.  He did shady stuff in his businesses.  His campaign staff was a revolving door of mid-level (or less) strategists.  He had a significant portion of the Republican Party declare themselves to be "never Trumpers".  And yet with all those faults (and more), he beat the anointed candidate of the Democrat Party.  She was  the wife of an extremely popular former president.  She was a former US Senator.  She was a former US Secretary of State.  She had twice the money Trump had and the best political strategists in the country were on her team.  She had the overwhelming support of the mainstream media.

And yet he won.  And right now he's 2% ahead of Obama in the polls at the same point in the election cycle despite over two years of withering attacks by the media and the Democrat Party and with a Special Prosecutor giving him and his campaign staff a two-year proctological exam.

Think about that Democrats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I know it hurts you to consider it, but there is a whole segment of the conservative population who aren't Trumpettes.  I don't think that the Ds are going to be able to pull anything out of the hat w/out some help from the center, and I know that if the only thing they're offering is "the other side of the mirror"?  I'm not buying that.  

 

Clearly, neither party cares about that dying segment of the population.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Have fun with what replaces America, if the Republicans "win."

-DSK

I hope that the folks establishing the legislative agendas are a bit more forward thinking and less interested in partisan retribution than many in this discussion seem to be.  Here's a hint - when all you see is "D" or "R" - you're missing a lot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

I'm interested in how folks are feeling about Trump taking on the Chinese? It seems that our economy has withstood the tariffs so far quite nicely. If some real gains in terms of opening up their markets and making investment decisions more transparent & predictable, then that's a big investment in America's future. If we also get intellectual property protections in the deal? It's a no-brainer: big time win.

If nothing else, a bull in a China shop gets attention. If a bully can get this done? I'd say congratulations, Mr Trump & buy that commemorative coin.

*IF* that outcome was a plausible result of the hardline policy?  I'd stand beside you to applaud it.  If the hardline policy was coming from someone with a better understanding of global economics and a focus beyond the next twitter fight?  I'd feel a lot better about it.  As it is?  I think Trump's blustering - and has no idea whatsoever what the impacts of his actions are going to be, and as long as he "wins"?  I don't think he much cares.  I sincerely hope that more informed, pragmatic negotiators are sitting at both sides of the table nodding and smiling politely while Trump and Xi are in the room talking, and then get to work when they walk out. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I hope that the folks establishing the legislative agendas are a bit more forward thinking and less interested in partisan retribution than many in this discussion seem to be.  Here's a hint - when all you see is "D" or "R" - you're missing a lot. 

I haven't seen a R in the Senate or now in the White House desire anything but a D loss in a decade. We play hardball, you compromise isn't sustainable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump doesn't matter...he is a tool.

what matters is winning:

The far right power brokers are thinking that with LGBTQ equali