Black Jack

SailGP SanFrancisco practice starts up.

I guess the San Diego SA folks can’t be bothered...

copied and pasted...

The U.S. was the first boat on the water, grabbing the attention of shore-side and on-water viewers alike. Each SailGP team will be racing identical wingsailed F50s, which have been specifically designed and engineered for SailGP competition. These technologically superior boats showcase the most precise and skilled sailing in the world. Capable of reaching speeds never before seen in on-water racing, the hydrofoiling F50 is powered by a 78-foot wingsail and features cutting-edge technology that's been in development for nearly 10 years. During San Francisco competition, sailors are anticipated to break sailing's elusive 50 knot barrier, which translates to astonishing speeds of 60 mph.

The boat now features the Statue of Liberty on both the wingsail and on either side of the hull, adding to the patriotic flair of the boat sailed by an all-American crew.

"I love the new branding," said helmsman Rome Kirby. "We changed it up for the U.S. debut and are excited to get the new look out on the water. It's going to unreal to watch these boats in action. It's so intense on the boat, and I'm sure you can see that off the boat. There is a high chance we will break the 50-knot barrier. It will be a wild ride."

SailGP is redefining the sport, offering the next generation of high-adrenaline, competitive sailing. Bringing the sport closer to fans than ever before, spectators in the Bay Area will be afforded the opportunity to witness the action up close as teams representing the United States, Australia, China, France, Great Britain and Japan battle for the title on May 4 and 5.

Erik will be taking some super shots. I will buy a few this time.

6FACACD8-02B0-40EC-9D5E-8B2FEB73ED69.jpeg

it's not that we can't be bothered, it's maybe that we don't care all that much. oh yeah, and we're fucking lazy...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Editor said:

it's not that we can't be bothered, it's maybe that we don't care all that much. oh yeah, and we're fucking lazy...

I knew you’ll get a round to it soon enough.

As an event reminder, weed is legal. Please buy from a responsible, city approved vender.:rolleyes:

If you are on Facebook or Twitter you can go to the main SailGP or the teams feeds and see photos videos of practice runs 

Can someone wake me up when the android app is available, and functioning?

I might then be bothered to watch some of the show.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Fiji Bitter said:

Can someone wake me up when the android app is available, and functioning?

I might then be bothered to watch some of the show.

Or just post it straight up onto the SailGp site so we can watch without having to download another fucking app. 

Or is that too simple? 

• Like 2

Looks like they’re done for the day. JPN wins the practice race w/ GBR right on their heels followed by AUS then USA and FRA.  CHN is floating around near Anita with multiple support boats and looks like they may have damaged their wing.  

16E5F0CA-B6F6-4666-A96A-4B9E4583E0A4.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ProaSailor said:

Jason's repeated question in that video about what to do with his life line if they capsize without an answer is pretty scary.  Didn't they make a big thing about all the safety training they had done in the lead up to start of the series.

16 hours ago, Bill E Goat said:

From Facebook page, I think there might be too much twist

Image may contain: sky, ocean, boat, outdoor, water and nature

That is some serious de-powering going on there. What was the old term, 'hourglass' jibe? Might have to bring it back.

Or the old favorite, 'Scandalize the Main, Mates!'

scandal

16 hours ago, Bill E Goat said:

From Facebook page, I think there might be too much twist

Image may contain: sky, ocean, boat, outdoor, water and nature

Literally a Chinese gybe.

in case anyone missed the video...

• Like 1

That was pretty exciting today. Some real tight sailing at high speeds.
Guys, this is exactly what my land sailing is like. 40 knots and overlapped at times.

Here is the Youtube replay.It starts at about the 32 minute mark. nothing but commercials and interviews before that.

• Like 1

Just finished watching the replay on CBSSN 315 on spectrum cable. I went to the movies so I did not see it live.

SailGP, Please keep the Fleet racing, watching multiuhulls match race is BORING. The Foiling Fleet racing was the bomb.

Ok lets get back to 6 knts..................NO NO NO

Watched both days on cbssn  (direct tv 221) delayed broadcast, great racing, video, I don't understand why anyone would have a beef with it. 

The boats are cool and the sailors have them dialed in.

Watching the final match race now...…. 

• Like 1

Watched two days of practice from Crissy Field East Beach (next to St. Francis YC), then on Saturday from a boat in the windward spectator fleet, and Sunday from Crissy Field again.  FANTASTIC!  Way cool.  They've got this foiling thing dialed in now, the foiling tacks and jibes are impressive.  And nobody flipped over or crashed!  That's a relief from an all too familiar drama.  Great show, well done.