videorov

boats that can do shallow water with dagger and kickup rudder for 1ft or less.

Looking around for any designs that can do this in maybe a 20 to 26ft size. Design that has some storage up front and maybe a cover camping style for overnite stuff

exploring down the coast of Florida. Europe seems to have some design I might not know about but not sure if they are sold here in USA.

I know of a Sea Peal 21 ketch but would like something a little larger wider and more room and maybe dryer with more storage.

Trying to see what designs are out there??????? Like to carry a small motor on the back too 5hp etc.

S2 7.9

Santana 23, however doesn't have kick up rudder.

If you are amenable to camp-cruising in a really big dinghy, the C&C designed Paceship P20 is a good candidate. 

16 hours ago, spankoka said:

If you are amenable to camp-cruising in a really big dinghy, the C&C designed Paceship P20 is a good candidate. 

Yah, the Mouette is a cool boat. I've never seen one sailing but it looks pretty good, they're not too difficult to find on Craigslist.

FB- Doug

Yes that  Mouette 19 looks interesting. Yes the Santanna 23 D I have sailed in years back but had to find in great shape without softdeck spots:) They have that vertical lifting rudder and dagger board. The Corsair Sprint 750 might be nice if the price is not to high. I have seen some of the older Corsair models

at Sarasota Sailing Squadron . Down in the Saint james City  Pine Island area shallow water is all around and you would have to be careful sailing

at higher speed on them with boards down but if they can sail with boards up a bit at slower speeds might be good. I use to sail a hobie 18ft with tramps

on the side but this time I need some dry storage area for ham radio gear and to over night. The Corsair Sprint 750 has a large cockpit and does have 

storage area looks like up front too plus room for porti pot. I would singlehand most the time so I hope one person could handle it? Sometimes I would have some people but other times not.

47 minutes ago, videorov said:

Yes that  Mouette 19 looks interesting. Yes the Santanna 23 D I have sailed in years back but had to find in great shape without softdeck spots:) They have that vertical lifting rudder and dagger board. The Corsair Sprint 750 might be nice if the price is not to high. I have seen some of the older Corsair models

at Sarasota Sailing Squadron . Down in the Saint james City  Pine Island area shallow water is all around and you would have to be careful sailing

at higher speed on them with boards down but if they can sail with boards up a bit at slower speeds might be good. I use to sail a hobie 18ft with tramps

on the side but this time I need some dry storage area for ham radio gear and to over night. The Corsair Sprint 750 has a large cockpit and does have 

storage area looks like up front too plus room for porti pot. I would singlehand most the time so I hope one person could handle it? Sometimes I would have some people but other times not.

I also had a Santana 23db (the original version) and concur..... the decks were time bombs. Mine got refurbed/recaulked first thing, there wasn't a bit of caulk under any of the  hardware from the factory. But it's a great sailing boat and very roomy & comfy for it's size/price/performance..... hard to beat if you can get a sound one. All that said, they are only good shallow water boats up to a point, maybe a bit over 3 feet. I found that if you pulled the board up more than about half way, they steered like a beach ball. OTOH it -can- go upwind like that, just not as well as normally.

San Juan 21? Highlander and add-on a homebuild cuddy? Dovekie? Lots more possibilities than might be immediately apparent

FB- Doug

42 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

I also had a Santana 23db (the original version) and concur..... the decks were time bombs. Mine got refurbed/recaulked first thing, there wasn't a bit of caulk under any of the  hardware from the factory. But it's a great sailing boat and very roomy & comfy for it's size/price/performance..... hard to beat if you can get a sound one. All that said, they are only good shallow water boats up to a point, maybe a bit over 3 feet. I found that if you pulled the board up more than about half way, they steered like a beach ball. OTOH it -can- go upwind like that, just not as well as normally.

San Juan 21? Highlander and add-on a homebuild cuddy? Dovekie? Lots more possibilities than might be immediately apparent

FB- Doug

Yes the Santana 23D were cool looking design too. Too bad the build wasn't that good to make them last unless you did extra work to them. I sailed on one in sarasota that was in real nice condition.. There use to be a fleet of them there at the club but many sold after a few years went by. There is a SeaScape 24 that is real nice but the price for them is high, they are built in Europe. https://www.thinkseascape.com/boat/seascape-24/about/

S2 7.9 just over your size but retractable keel & swing up rudder.  Lots of them around

My Santana 23 went to Ft, ************ on a donation. Called Abraxas.

I had it 14 years and by the time i got rid of it it was 30% West  System.

Fun boat for a younger sailer.

On 4/25/2019 at 2:07 PM, videorov said:

Looking around for any designs that can do this in maybe a 20 to 26ft size. Design that has some storage up front and maybe a cover camping style for overnite stuff

exploring down the coast of Florida. Europe seems to have some design I might not know about but not sure if they are sold here in USA.

I know of a Sea Peal 21 ketch but would like something a little larger wider and more room and maybe dryer with more storage.

Trying to see what designs are out there??????? Like to carry a small motor on the back too 5hp etc.

These guys have done well in Florida adventure racing, mainly plans and stuff, but some used boats for sale- look in their classifieds

http://bandbyachtdesigns.com/

these are yummie & English

http://swallowyachts.com/

nice stuff

http://www.vivierboats.com/en/product/jewell/

some of these might work

http://www.bluelightning.co.uk/