J28

First Qtr GDP Growth - don’t read this post if you are a lefty

3.2% First Quarter GDP growth vs 2.0% estimates.  

• Downvote 4

Why not? Sounds like good news to me. 

Meanwhile in other news -

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/trump-administration-pushes-for-quick-action-to-raise-debt-limit/2019/04/25/47b16a48-6775-11e9-a1b6-b29b90efa879_story.html

Excerpt -

“Top White House officials are imploring key Republicans to move quickly and raise the debt ceiling, four people briefed on the discussions said, concerned that a prolonged impasse could raise the chances of a misstep that damages the economy later this year.

The requests have taken on new urgency because other budget discussions with Capitol Hill have broken down, leaving policymakers at a loss for ways to avoid a pileup of dangerous deadlines in September that could affect the stock market, labor market and economic growth.”

Of course House Democrats are going to stonewall on budget negotiations with the WH.  They will try to derail the economy in order to take that issue away from Trump and the GOP.  Remember, it’s the economy stupid.  

• Downvote 3

Lowering interest rates and running big deficits will always boost the economy - see Ronald Reagan's administration for a good example. Tripling the deficit made a lot of people happy and some folks very rich.

We have to yet to start paying for that. The +trillion/year currently is going to be a bitch for somebody, someday.  Enjoy the bliss Jfarter

8 hours ago, J28 said:

3.2% First Quarter GDP growth vs 2.0% estimates.  

Good news.  Why would you suggest Americans turn a blind eye to good news?

23 minutes ago, J28 said:

Of course House Democrats are going to stonewall on budget negotiations with the WH.  They will try to derail the economy in order to take that issue away from Trump and the GOP.  Remember, it’s the economy stupid.  

Is it bad to "stonewall"?

Or, is it bad when one particular group does that?

Just looking for a little of that stuff called "consistency", ya know.

Glad that growth is up.

Bummer that it's on credit cards.

18 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

3.2 % is great!  Which is what we said when Obama was doing it to.

Except he wasn't.  He broke 3 a couple of times and promised us 2 is the new normal.  I guess that makes Trump exceptional:lol:

Just now, warbird said:

Except he wasn't.  He broke 3 a couple of times and promised us 2 is the new normal.  I guess that makes Trump exceptional:lol:

his debt growth with nothing to show for it is truly exceptional. Many are saying it.

Just now, warbird said:

In many ways, President Trump IS exceptional.  Very few of them are good.

2 minutes ago, warbird said:

So in one breath you say he didn't hit 3.2% then in the next you say he did a couple of times.  Weird.  And yeah, remember when Trump promised 4 and 5% GDP?  

10 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

So in one breath you say he didn't hit 3.2% then in the next you say he did a couple of times.  Weird.  And yeah, remember when Trump promised 4 and 5% GDP?  

He's  more than halfway there from 2:lol:

10 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

Take a way the media lies (fake news) the phony collusion lie and the incessant whiners in the Democrat party and maybe 5% was possible. 

I doubt the Dems would have taken the house if it wasn't for the media lies. 

• Downvote 3

Just now, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Take a way the media lies (fake news) the phony collusion lie and the incessant whiners in the Democrat party and maybe 5% was possible. 

I doubt the Dems would have taken the house if it wasn't for the media lies. 

Wow.  Are you drinking?  This reads like a Trump tweet.  Holy fuck.  Please connect the dots on that line of thinking for us.

28 minutes ago, warbird said:

if you are looking at quarterly rates thats a lie.

but we know you are a lieing stupid fuck, and we know @Dog doesn't give a shit.

d'ranger nailed it. Last month, showed the largest one-month budget deficit in history. It's easy to make the economy look good when you're out bankrupting the country to do it.

• Like 1

Cue the Fed making noise about raising rates any minute now. Gotta cool down this economy or there'll be a meltdown!

Boy, do I miss that 8 years of slow but steady growth and consistent market performance of the Obama days.

So the GDP curve continues as it has been for years now.

Trump just hasn't fucked it up (yet) and that makes him a hero to these morons. :rolleyes:

image.png.01f8e2db391202612eeb0e2ca04e52f5.png

22 hours ago, Swimsailor said:

Wow.  Are you drinking?  This reads like a Trump tweet.  Holy fuck.  Please connect the dots on that line of thinking for us.

It has been posted here many times the dozens of "Fake Bomb Shell" media stories. An endless bombardment of TDS driven hysteria. The line between news and commentary was trampled. The media shat in their nest that the odor will linger for years. 

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

It has been posted here many times the dozens of "Fake Bomb Shell" media stories. An endless bombardment of TDS driven hysteria. The line between news and commentary was trampled. The media shat in their nest that the odor will linger for years. 

I believe you are describing your home office. Thanks for sharing but TMI dude.

23 hours ago, Swimsailor said:

Remember he also said if the country puts Democrats in charge of the House in 2018, bad things will happen. I think we can all agree we would have had 4% to 5% GDP Q119 if that hadn't happened.  And re Obama hitting 3% a couple of times... well that's not quite accurate.  The Feds free money policy hit 3% a couple of times.  Without that, and given Obama's inept (mis)handling of the economy, it would have been Recessionville baby.

• Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, J28 said:

Remember he also said if the country puts Democrats in charge of the House in 2018, bad things will happen. I think we can all agree we would have had 4% to 5% GDP Q119 if that hadn't happened.  And re Obama hitting 3% a couple of times... well that's not quite accurate.  The Feds free money policy hit 3% a couple of times.  Without that, and given Obama's inept (mis)handling of the economy, it would have been Recessionville baby.

Miles to empty 5

On 4/27/2019 at 6:52 AM, Raz'r said:

Glad that growth is up.

Bummer that it's on credit cards.

this .

46 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Miles to empty 5

J28 has long been running on fumes.  Seems to have inhaled most of them.

1 hour ago, J28 said:

Obama was handed an economy on life support. The day of his first inauguration Mitch McConnell gathered the top republicans and said that their job was to make sure Obama failed. With resistance at every turn he had to deal with the crippling attitude and thinly disguised racism of the conservatives, trumps' sniping about birtherism and your whining about anything Obama did. As far as recessionville it was worse than that it was an unacknowledged Depression. 

Jerk28 really demonstrated his IQ level with that post.

He really puts the M in moron.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, d'ranger said:

I believe you are describing your home orfice. Thanks for sharing but TMI dude.

fixed

• Like 1

4 hours ago, J28 said:

I think we can all agree that you're high on bad drugs, if you think that a Democratic Congress has hurt the economy with 3 months in office.

OTOH if you're just spouting YAY TRUMP!! bullshit, with no connection to reality, I think you need to go for a more subtle or maybe nuanced approach. You're losing it on the corners.

-DSK

33 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

I I think you need to go for a more subtle or maybe nuanced approach. You're losing it on the corners.

-DSK

image.png.fe56ca02eee4b91cfa6ce69ebaba7bdc.png

Seems to me that there is on problem with this experiment in Trumpist economic management there is no control group. We have no way of knowing what the economic growth would have been with a different Republican as president or, god Forbid, Hillary in office.

8 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

How does a successful economy increase debt at such high levels of growth?

Simple - stupidity, ignorance and greed.

2 hours ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Seems to me that there is on problem with this experiment in Trumpist economic management there is no control group. We have no way of knowing what the economic growth would have been with a different Republican as president or, god Forbid, Hillary in office.

The control group is past Republican economic actions.

You know, 1929, 1958, 1987, 2008......like that.

• Like 1

AWWWW, c'mon. Trickle down has always worked in the past. Why doubt our greatest anointed leader? If the tax refund goes to the 1% then they out of the spirit of community and fair reward will raise all of our standard of of living. 

12 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

oxymoron.

Trumpism is PR, pandering, and grift.

Don't forget fear and loathing. And hate. 

Thank God the Republicans took over the House in 2010 and the Senate in 2014, or Obama’s “New Normal” would have taken hold:

Obama Warns of ‘New Normal’ for Economy“

“President Barack Obama warned in an interview on CBS’s 60 Minutes about the danger of a “new normal” taking hold of the economy – an environment in which businesses become accustomed to fewer employees and the U.S. job market never regains its footing.”

“On unemployment: “What is a danger is that we stay stuck in a new normal where unemployment rates stay high. People who have jobs see their incomes go up. Businesses make big profits, but they’ve learned to do more with less. And so they don’t hire. And, as a consequence, we keep on seeing growth that is just too slow to bring back the eight million jobs that were lost. That is a danger. So, that’s something that I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about.””

More:

https://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2010/11/07/obama-warns-of-new-normal-for-economy/

• Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, J28 said:

Thank God the Republicans took over the House in 2010 and the Senate in 2014, or Obama’s “New Normal” would have taken hold:

“President Barack Obama warned in an interview on CBS’s 60 Minutes about the danger of a “new normal” taking hold of the economy – an environment in which businesses become accustomed to fewer employees and the U.S. job market never regains its footing.”

“On unemployment: “What is a danger is that we stay stuck in a new normal where unemployment rates stay high. People who have jobs see their incomes go up. Businesses make big profits, but they’ve learned to do more with less. And so they don’t hire. And, as a consequence, we keep on seeing growth that is just too slow to bring back the eight million jobs that were lost. That is a danger. So, that’s something that I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about.””

More:

https://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2010/11/07/obama-warns-of-new-normal-for-economy/

Job growth by president

The monthly gains -- those since Trump became president -- don’t look much different from the types of gains seen under President Barack Obama starting in 2011. The highest monthly job gain under Trump -- 232,000 -- was exceeded in 28 separate months on Obama’s watch.

Next, we looked at the specific job gains under Trump from February 2017 to August 2017. We compared that period to the February-to-August job gains under Obama between 2011 and 2016.

Facts.

1 minute ago, hasher said:

Facts.

There you go again, confusing them with those lefty biased facts.

What we need at this point are some alternative facts.

3 hours ago, J28 said:

More:

Seeing inflation, GDP growth and wages growth is at the low end of most central bank ranges around the world, and has been for some time, calling it the new normal seems quite reasonable

6 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Seeing inflation, GDP growth and wages growth is at the low end of most central bank ranges around the world, and has been for some time, calling it the new normal seems quite reasonable

Good try but trying to put lipstick on the legacy of the Obama administration is a fool’s errand.  Listen carefully and you could hear Jimmy Carter breath a sigh of relief after hearing that CBS 60 Minutes interview - aka Malaise Part BHO.

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, J28 said:

Good try but trying to put lipstick on the legacy of the Obama administration is a fool’s errand.  Listen carefully and you could hear Jimmy Carter breath a sigh of relief after hearing that CBS 60 Minutes interview - aka Malaise Part BHO.

"Reality...... no thanks, I tried some, years ago, and it didn't agree with me........."

-DSK

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

"Reality...... no thanks, I tried some, years ago, and it didn't agree with me........."

-DSK

Then you should try some again.  Free yourself from the shackles of lefty groupthink!

• Downvote 1

Give the Pride of the GOP credit, his GDP numbers are creeping up to Obama territory.  Nanny is right.  

19 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Give the Pride of the GOP credit, his GDP numbers are creeping up to Obama territory.  Nanny is right.  

Uh, not so fast there Counselor.  Obama's GDP over the period 2009 to 2016 averaged 1.6% per year.  Obama himself called anemic growth "the New Normal" - not Repubs or Nanny (?).  You're gonna need lipstick by the drum to try to make Obama's economy look attractive.  At least the Fed stopped in to try to stop the damage Obama was doing to the economy.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/188165/annual-gdp-growth-of-the-united-states-since-1990/

• Downvote 1

Jerk28 is setting a new bar of partisan idiocy today.

Just look at how bad the GDP curve was under Obama as it came back from Bush.

Then note that radical upward surge in it once Trump took over.

What a fuck'n moron Jerk28 is.

image.png.0840f68b2a1cd3f27ba248d46fca2da6.png

1 hour ago, J28 said:
3 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Righties: "Reality...... no thanks, I tried some, years ago, and it didn't agree with me........."

Then you should try some again.  Free yourself from the shackles of lefty groupthink!

Bild3-i.jpg

You and Dog and your fellow Trumpettes keep on high-fiving each other vigorously.

You're WINNING!!!!

-DSK

I think that we got off on the wrong foot with the righties here. I for one would like to read in their own words an exposition of positions on a whole host of subjects. I think they have been given too much of a free rein in sniping  at the majority of us citizens of our beleaguered  constitutional democracy. 

Nailing Malarky you could start off. J28 step up. Warbird where are you, is this too challenging? 

Meanwhile explain why you accept the behavior of trump when your own written history here had you squealing like 6 year old girls about Hillary, spent untold millions on investigations and then when the best (?) minds of the GOP came up with nothing slunk away into the covering darkness of quietly eroding the stature of our intelligence agencies. 

Oh, and FUCK YOU

• Like 5

More proof Trump is the dumbest President ever.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/trump-calls-on-the-fed-to-slash-rates-and-increase-stimulus/ar-AAAKf4N?ocid=spartanntp

So, is the economy the greatest it's ever been or is it lagging and needs stimulus?  What tools would the Fed have when the next recession hits?  Trumpies, please explain to me how this would be a good idea.

• Like 1

Come on, tRumpsters.  Defend your guy.

Cite 5 tweets that tRump wrote contained good, factual ideas.

Cite 3 policies that tRump proposed that will actually improve life for the majority of Americans

Cite 1 foreign policy action that tRump instigated that improved our stature in the world.

1...2...3...GO!

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1