badlatitude

Trump Claims Doctors Execute Babies, Should He Apologize?

Given that abortion talk inflames people, should Donald Trump apologize, be silent and let the courts do their job?

"President Donald Trump tried to convince supporters at a weekend rally that doctors are executing infants in the United States.

They are not.

"The baby is born," Trump told the crowd on Saturday in Green Bay, Wisconsin, according to CNN.

"The mother meets with the doctor. They take care of the baby. They wrap the baby beautifully, and then the doctor and the mother determine whether or not they will execute the baby.”

This is a fantasy: Doctors do not execute babies after they’re born. OB-GYN Kristyn Brandi, a board member from Physicians for Reproductive Health, called Trump’s comments “an outright lie” in a statement to VICE News.

“These remarks just show just like a lack of compassion and a misunderstanding of what real-life health care looks like,” Brandi added in an interview. “Often, these types of inflammatory reactions can spark violence, particularly at abortion providers like myself, and so it does worry me after these kinds of remarks about what’s going to happen.”

more at the link: https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/neanzb/trumps-lies-about-doctors-executing-babies-are-outrageous-and-dangerous?utm_source=reddit.com

7 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

He was just basing his comments on perception instead of the truth. 

Unfortunately, people can die for bad perception.

Seems like in the not-so-distant past there was a group of people accusing another group of killing babies for political gain. Nice to know we have risen above that.

America must be proud.

13 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Unfortunately, people can die for bad perception.

Agreed. That’s why the folks teaching people that perception is reality are dangerous. 

Just now, Sol Rosenberg said:

Agreed. That’s why the folks teaching people that perception is reality are dangerous. 

Truth.

30 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Agree with the sentiment.  But dang, that sentence is hard to diagram even though short.

2 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Agree with the sentiment.  But dang, that sentence is hard to diagram even though short.

I have no claim to linguistic artistry. I feel much much more like a nuts and bolts utilitarian. 

Abortion is homicide. If your contention is that until birth and the cord is cut the baby is goo then we simply disagree. Abortion is involuntary euthanasia. I fully expect the next boundary for liberals will be the same applied to defective adults. 

• Downvote 2

49 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Abortion is homicide. If your contention is that until birth and the cord is cut the baby is goo then we simply disagree. Abortion is involuntary euthanasia. I fully expect the next boundary for liberals will be the same applied to defective adults. 

How about ectopic pregnancies Jack? Aborting those still homicide? 

48 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Does Donald Trump owe women an apology?

2 hours ago, badlatitude said:

"The baby is born," Trump told the crowd on Saturday in Green Bay, Wisconsin, according to CNN.

"The mother meets with the doctor. They take care of the baby. They wrap the baby beautifully, and then the doctor and the mother determine whether or not they will execute the baby.”

They played this clip on Howard Stern's show today.

I'm not sure there's an apology to cover this one. Nor that any offered would be sincere or accepted.

8 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Women? I'm a man and find myself in fairly rare agreement with Sloopy's sarcastic comment above.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Importunate Tom said:

They played this clip on Howard Stern's show today.

I'm not sure there's an apology to cover this one. Nor that any offered would be sincere or accepted.

Women? I'm a man and find myself in fairly rare agreement with Sloopy's sarcastic comment above.

I guess this a rare moment that we both agree.

1 hour ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Jack I think you are not only an expert on micro-strokes you are very knowledgeable about defective adults too. A joy to have you here to provide such personal expertise.

18 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I guess this a rare moment that we both agree.

Perhaps. I'd appreciate if you wander over to, say, the asset forfeiture or Kelo threads.

I'm darn short of people to tell me why I'm wrong on those subjects. Please help.

Just now, Importunate Tom said:

Perhaps. I'd appreciate if you wander over to, say, the asset forfeiture or Kelo threads.

I'm darn short of people to tell me why I'm wrong on those subjects. Please help.

You need to go away in those threads too.

46 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:
1 hour ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Abortion is involuntary euthanasia. I fully expect the next boundary for liberals will be the same applied to defective adults. 

How about ectopic pregnancies Jack? Aborting those still homicide? 

I can understand why Hopeless Hillary would be concerned about that possibility.

4 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Given that abortion talk inflames people, should Donald Trump apologize, be silent and let the courts do their job?

"President Donald Trump tried to convince supporters at a weekend rally that doctors are executing infants in the United States.

They are not.

This is a fantasy: Doctors do not execute babies after they’re born. OB-GYN Kristyn Brandi, a board member from Physicians for Reproductive Health, called Trump’s comments “an outright lie” in a statement to VICE News.

“These remarks just show just like a lack of compassion and a misunderstanding of what real-life health care looks like,” Brandi added in an interview. “Often, these types of inflammatory reactions can spark violence, particularly at abortion providers like myself, and so it does worry me after these kinds of remarks about what’s going to happen.”

more at the link: https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/neanzb/trumps-lies-about-doctors-executing-babies-are-outrageous-and-dangerous?utm_source=reddit.com

Trump is a baby man.  This story of his is telling.  This is what is going on in his head.  This is the future he sees for himself.  This is what he fears.  It is what is known as a metaphor..........

2 minutes ago, Amati said:

Trump is a baby man.  This story of his is telling.  This is what is going on in his head.  This is the future he sees for himself.  This is what he fears.  It is what is known as a metaphor..........

I don't believe that Trump fears much, he's itching for a fight, a civil war is what will make him happy.

1 minute ago, badlatitude said:

I don't believe that Trump fears much, he's itching for a fight, a civil war is what will make him happy.

He fears everything.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, badlatitude said:

It would be a valuable distraction from his disaster of a *residency.

3 minutes ago, Amati said:

"The baby is born.  The mother meets with the doctor. They take care of the baby. They wrap the baby beautifully, and then the doctor and the mother determine whether or not they will execute the baby.”  

Almost poetic.  Is he reliving his dream life while giving speeches?   

What's next?  Do we have Robert Frost redux?  "The woods are are silent, dark and deep and I have miles to go before I sleep."

3 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

"The baby is born.  The mother meets with the doctor. They take care of the baby. They wrap the baby beautifully, and then the doctor and the mother determine whether or not they will execute the baby.”  

Almost poetic.  Is he reliving his dream life while giving speeches?   

What's next?  Do we have Robert Frost redux?  "The woods are are silent, dark and deep and I have miles to go before I sleep."

“My little pony must think me queer.....”

NTTAWWI.:lol:

For Trump, that is.........

2 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Mormonism is a pack of lies. If your contention is that it should only be judged on the publicly acknowledged articles of faith agreed to by upstanding LDS members, then we simply disagree. Mormonism is based on, and continues to be, a con perpetrated on gullible people that changes it's doctrine whenever it becomes inconvenient to maintaining a tax-free cashflow from it's tithing base. I fully expect that practicing gay men in the Melchizedek priesthood will be accepted by the LDS prophet should he ever face a choice between existing doctrine and another threat by the IRS.

Stating opinion as facts is kind of fun. No wonder Jack does nothing else.

Just now, Amati said:

“My little pony must think me queer.....”

NTTAWWI.:lol:

:lol: indeed.   I forgot about that line.  Perfect.

2 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

And what is your position on Industrial Teratogens?

Trump is repeating a trope used by many race baiters. Be it the Japanese tossing babies and catching them on bayonets or baby-killing Jews, racists have used this effective fear mongering technique to sow division and dehumanize enemies.

How presidential he is, to now characterize moms and liberals with such sick hate.

Any stupid fucker still supporting this asshole is a racist or is ok to be led by one. 

Nailing Malarkey, which are you?

• Like 1

So will he say anything when a deplorable shoots up the next clinic?

13 minutes ago, Importunate Tom said:

Doctors are a race?

Doctors are intelligent and persuasive. They are moral leaders. That’s why dictators & demagogues hate them. Trump is using racist language and tropes. 

You want to dither and split hairs while he exploits the opportunity for his totalitarian instincts? Whatever. I’m calling him on it.

21 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Probably something trite about how there are very fine people both sides of the argument.

actually Rebulicans are killing Babies, How:

No prenatal care for the mothers ,  defunding plan parent hood  (FYI which  only accounts for about 1% of abortions)

Once a baby is born there is no health care for the babies, Unless the mothers have rich white husbands

and then what about feeding the babies, 

United States leads the free world nations with the highest infant mortally rate

http://time.com/5090112/infant-mortality-rate-usa/

"The reasons the U.S. has fallen behind include higher poverty rates relative to other developed countries and a relatively weak social safety net, says lead author Ashish Thakrar, medical resident at the Johns Hopkins Hospital and Health System."

The poor south leads the country, Trumps Base!

screenshot of map showing infant mortality death rates across the United States. See details on https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/infant_mortality_rates/infant_mortality.htm

In 2016, infant mortality rates by race and ethnicity were as follows:

• Non-Hispanic black: 11.4
  • American Indian/Alaska Native: 9.4
  • Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander: 7.4
  • Hispanic: 5.0
  • Non-Hispanic white: 4.9
  • Asian: 3.6
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Sure he will. He'll tell us how there are good people on both sides whilst failing to call the shooting an act of Christian terrorism. 

8 minutes ago, garuda3 said:

actually Rebulicans are killing Babies, How:

No prenatal care for the mothers ,  defunding plan parent hood  (FYI which  only accounts for about 1% of abortions)

Once a baby is born there is no health care for the babies, Unless the mothers have rich white husbands

and then what about feeding the babies, 

United States leads the free world nations with the highest infant mortally rate

http://time.com/5090112/infant-mortality-rate-usa/

"The reasons the U.S. has fallen behind include higher poverty rates relative to other developed countries and a relatively weak social safety net, says lead author Ashish Thakrar, medical resident at the Johns Hopkins Hospital and Health System."

The poor south leads the country, Trumps Base!

screenshot of map showing infant mortality death rates across the United States. See details on https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/infant_mortality_rates/infant_mortality.htm

In 2016, infant mortality rates by race and ethnicity were as follows:

• Non-Hispanic black: 11.4
  • American Indian/Alaska Native: 9.4
  • Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander: 7.4
  • Hispanic: 5.0
  • Non-Hispanic white: 4.9
  • Asian: 3.6

You are making a mistake assuming the "Pro Life" movement cares fuck-all about saving actual babies or improving their lot in life.

The anti-abortion movement is about controlling women and keeping them in their place. Listen to their language - it's about punishing women for having sex, and keeping them under control.

If they cared thing one about actually preventing abortions or saving children, they'd be pushing comprehensive sex education and free and anonymous birth control on request with no questions asked.

But it's not REALLY about stopping abortions, that's red meat for fools like Simple Jack.

1 hour ago, Amati said:

He fears everything.

Exactly right - best illustrated by his need for unquestioning loyalty and constant praise.

He leads a life of noisy desperation.

The irony is that despite making it to POTUS he is ultimately a failure - what he desperately wants & needs is the approval of the NYC elite and he will never get anything but condescension and contempt from them.

30 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Exactly right - best illustrated by his need for unquestioning loyalty and constant praise.

He leads a life of noisy desperation.

The irony is that despite making it to POTUS he is ultimately a failure - what he desperately wants & needs is the approval of the NYC elite and he will never get anything but condescension and contempt from them.

Rose Kennedy allegedly said:”when are the nice people going to accept us?”  No doubt she was referring to the New England elite.  You know where “the Cabots speak only to the Lowells and the Lowells speak only to God.”

Condescension and contempt are the best he can hope for and he doesn’t even deserve that.

Actually they both talked to the Lodge family as well.  I saw it happen.  

Very open minded  of them.

The sad thing is that what he is describing is mothers who have known their child would die after birth. Mothers who have developed babies with lungs that won't work once they are exposed to air, hearts that can't support themselves.....the worst, worst scenarios for a mother, family and medical professionals.
The mother does meet with the doctor, and they talk through the scenario of giving birth to their baby knowing it will die once the cord is cut. They talk about giving the child skin contact with its mother while she talks to it and gets a chance to look it in the eyes. The medical staff do take care of the baby, so it can live as long as possible with its mother. They then wrap the baby up, probably beautifully and certainly with respect, and take it away for burial.

But these vile cunts like Malarkey are actually so stupid, so dense, so lacking in basic humanity that they believe their patron saint of cuntiness because Hillary, because emails, because libtards....because whatever salve they need to rub on their flaccid cocks of personalities to make them feel stronger, more superior are more important.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Importunate Tom said:

7 hours ago, badlatitude said:

5 hours ago, phillysailor said:

You want to dither and split hairs while he exploits the opportunity for his totalitarian instincts? Whatever. I’m calling him on it.

You want to gratuitously bring up race when it's not a factor and ignore the fact that I called him on it before you did? Whatever.

11 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

In trumps world, only the blonde hair, blue eyed one's survive...

Sex-selective abortion is growing in popularity so why not extend it to eye color once the technology becomes available. So Tiny Hands should be in favor right?  Personally I think he could not give a rat's ass and it's just "politics" but WTF do I know?  

If we are going to have a thread about every Trump position for which he should/should not apologize we will have absolutely no time for sailing.

10 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Got any case law establishing that?  Until then, you have an opinion.  Just like everyone else.

Yours doesn't trump others, no matter how hard you wish.

9 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

Rose Kennedy allegedly said:”when are the nice people going to accept us?” 

Now they are wishing they had them back.

Even a cheap facsimile would do.

Simply because it needed repeating.

But these vile cunts like Malarkey are actually so stupid, so dense, so lacking in basic humanity that they believe their patron saint of cuntiness because Hillary, because emails, because libtards....because whatever salve they need to rub on their flaccid cocks of personalities to make them feel stronger, more superior are more important.

3 hours ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

If we are going to have a thread about every Trump position for which he should/should not apologize we will have absolutely no time for sailing.

An easy fix for that would be a thread titled;

Trump Should Apologize For Everything He Ever Said And Every Thought He Ever Had.

4 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Got any case law establishing that?  Until then, you have an opinion.  Just like everyone else.

Going to apply that to everything you disagree with?

58 minutes ago, Gone Drinking said:
5 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Going to apply that to everything you disagree with?

If you find me stating my opinion as if it were a verified fact, go right ahead and point it out.