6 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I've offered zero opinions on any of that.  I was simply pointing out the fallacy that saying the word "god" is exclusively a Christian thing, since that same god is the head of the 3 major religions.  Please don't infer anything to me beyond what I said.

Well, you did offer an opinion..."Doesn't really matter what they think...".  Because as shown by others here, it matters a whole fucking lot!  The end results of ANY orthodox religious zealot nutcase is the destruction of anyone who doesn't believe in said nutcase's "god".  For some reason these gods are really fucking bent on destruction, whether in this life or the next.  

Meanwhile in the Republic of Gilead...

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/tennessee-da-under-fire-saying-he-won-t-enforce-domestic-n1013796

18 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

OK, which side do you think God roots for, when Christians play Muslims in football (soccer)?

Also, you missed by a mile in letting it slide that "a fight to keep the 10 Commandments (capitalize, please) monument in a Federal courthouse is in support of Muslims." That kind of stuff is pretty seriously anti-Muslim, anti-Jew, and anti-Catholic too.

-DSK

I’m sorry, which of the 10 Commandments is anti-Muzzy, anti-Jew and anti-catholic?  I haven’t read them in a quite a while, so maybe I’m missing something.

1 hour ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I’m sorry, which of the 10 Commandments is anti-Muzzy, anti-Jew and anti-catholic?  I haven’t read them in a quite a while, so maybe I’m missing something.

You and Franklin Graham, among others.

Georgia seems to be an interesting test case of restrictive abortion laws promoted and passed by religious righties vs business leaders who are threatened with the boycotts by big tech, entertainment (Disney) and media companies. The bottom line matters, and it seems that just as Trump doesn't know how to run a successfully business (or country) and is killing the golden goose with tariffs and stupid/emotional seat of the pants decision making, the GOP is going to split the party on economic vs fundamentalist social stances.

Popcorn is gonna be in short supply if the Fed has to raise rates, job production falls and the youth vote in droves. Might be a nice bonfire of the vanities as Jeffie's party goes up in smoke.

6 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

1 and 2 to start.  And maybe you're missing that none of this is happening in a vacuum 

On 6/6/2019 at 8:03 AM, Shootist Jeff said:

Doesn't really matter what they think, does it?  The fact is the same "god" covers all three of the major religions.  

Judaism is hardly one of the 'the' three major religions of the earth if you go by  the number of adherents. Wikipedia has it number 10 on their leaderboard between Sikhism and Jainism.

9 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Judaism is hardly one of the 'the' three major religions of the earth if you go by  the number of adherents. Wikipedia has it number 10 on their leaderboard between Sikhism and Jainism.

It’s one of the only 3 religions Jeff has heard about.:lol:

41 minutes ago, Fakenews said:
51 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

It’s one of the only 3 religions Jeff has heard about.:lol:

When I hear "major" religions, I believe it typically is code for "religions practiced by caucasians".

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

When I hear "major" religions, I believe it typically is code for "religions practiced by caucasians".

Islam, while practiced by some Caucasians, doesn't really meet that standard.

On 6/8/2019 at 7:03 PM, Swimsailor said:
On 6/8/2019 at 12:50 PM, Shootist Jeff said:

1 and 2 to start.  And maybe you're missing that none of this is happening in a vacuum 

How can that be when muzzies, jews and pope lovers all acknowledge that their god is the same god for the others???  

2 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

How can that be when muzzies, jews and pope lovers all acknowledge that their god is the same god for the others???  

Do they all?

Academic scholars point this out. The Catholics are generally advanced enough to figure out that the torah, the old testament, and certain parts of the Koran are all the same basic work.

But try and explain to Billy Bob Dumbfuck, evangelical from Alabama, that he shares the same god as all those moose-lambs? No way that shit is gonna fly in his church.

1 hour ago, B.J. Porter said:

Do they all?

Academic scholars point this out. The Catholics are generally advanced enough to figure out that the torah, the old testament, and certain parts of the Koran are all the same basic work.

But try and explain to Billy Bob Dumbfuck, evangelical from Alabama, that he shares the same god as all those moose-lambs? No way that shit is gonna fly in his church.

Who gives a shit what billy bob dumfuk thinks. The fact remains that 1-2 of the 10 commandments are not anti-mooselamb, anti-poper, or anti-Jew. 

38 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:
2 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Do they all?

Who gives a shit what billy bob dumfuk thinks. The fact remains that 1-2 of the 10 commandments are not anti-mooselamb, anti-poper, or anti-Jew. 

Because Billy Bob Dumfuck is YOUR ally when you say "Burn it down!"

He's voting for the Roy Moore's of the world, and supports Trump because he think's he's the Lord's Anointed.

17 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

He's voting for the Roy Moore's of the world, and supports Trump because he think's he's the Lord's Anointed.

Not true. BBDF thinks all is perfect in trumpworld. He doesn’t want to burn anything down. 

1 minute ago, Shootist Jeff said:
20 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Not true. BBDF thinks all is perfect in trumpworld. He doesn’t want to burn anything down.  

That doesn't mean he's not your ally.

If you are not opposed to what is happening in the U.S., he is.

7 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Because they don't acknowledge it. That's why there's all them wars and shit. 

16 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:
17 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Islam, while practiced by some Caucasians, doesn't really meet that standard.

Kinda my point.

You just know folks like to cling to their narrative that Jesus was a Caucasian.

Those "other" religions, the ones practiced by non-whites, are minor and inferior.

Back to the topic at hand...THIS happened.

In short...

1. Pregnant woman gets in an...altercation
  2. Other party busts out a gun and pops a cap in the pregnant woman's stomach
  3. The woman miscarries (duh)
  4. The formerly pregnant woman is indicted for manslaughter and arrested because she started the fight.
  5. The shooter gets off free

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/06/alabama-is-prosecuting-a-pregnant-woman-for-manslaughter-for-being-shot-in-the-stomach-but-not-her-shooter/

Excuse the biased as fuck ridiculous source. It's Alabama, I don't think you can get straight news out of there without some dumbass reporter using terms like "unborn baby girl" for "fetus."

https://www.al.com/news/birmingham/2019/06/woman-indicted-in-shooting-death-of-her-unborn-child-charges-against-shooter-dismissed.html

1 minute ago, B.J. Porter said:

In short...

4. The formerly pregnant woman is indicted for manslaughter and arrested because she started the fight.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/06/alabama-is-prosecuting-a-pregnant-woman-for-manslaughter-for-being-shot-in-the-stomach-but-not-her-shooter/

Excuse the biased as fuck ridiculous source. It's Alabama, I don't think you can get straight news out of there without some dumbass reporter using terms like "unborn baby girl" for "fetus."

https://www.al.com/news/birmingham/2019/06/woman-indicted-in-shooting-death-of-her-unborn-child-charges-against-shooter-dismissed.html

"Thanks for sharing this" isnt the right response - this is messed up on so many levels, the shooter should be charged with murder AND attempted murder - man I hope this gets turned over and the prosecutor gets censured. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

In short...

Jeebus.

On 6/7/2019 at 7:29 AM, Swimsailor said:

Well, you did offer an opinion..."Doesn't really matter what they think...".  Because as shown by others here, it matters a whole fucking lot!  The end results of ANY orthodox religious zealot nutcase is the destruction of anyone who doesn't believe in said nutcase's "god".  For some reason these gods are really fucking bent on destruction, whether in this life or the next.  

Meanwhile in the Republic of Gilead...

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/tennessee-da-under-fire-saying-he-won-t-enforce-domestic-n1013796

Totallly in the closet.  

32 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

"Thanks for sharing this" isnt the right response - this is messed up on so many levels, the shooter should be charged with murder AND attempted murder - man I hope this gets turned over and the prosecutor gets censured. 

I just wanted to add that this seems to me to be an awful twisting of reality in an attempt to realize a political goal - my gut is literally twisted after reading this the 4th time - I can't believe that any rational considerate person could pursue this line for political gain.  It makes me want to drive to AL and personally kick someone's ass.  

8 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I just wanted to add that this seems to me to be an awful twisting of reality in an attempt to realize a political goal - my gut is literally twisted after reading this the 4th time - I can't believe that any rational considerate person could pursue this line for political gain.  It makes me want to drive to AL and personally kick someone's ass.  

Careful, they seem to take a dim view of initiating and continuing (aka "getting in") an altercation.

3 hours ago, Importunate Tom said:

Careful, they seem to take a dim view of initiating and continuing (aka "getting in") an altercation.

I know Tom - I went to flight school in Alabama.   I don't think I was ever so happy to see anything in my mirror as I was when I drove outta Dothan for the last time.  This is just wrong - on any level.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

In short...

nope, there's no war on women, it's not about control at all.