Sign in to follow this  
Monkey

Car Wreck Anarchy... Diminished Value?

So I do the right thing and leave my car at home, and ride my bike to go meet friends for a Bloody Mary. Then...  the phone rings. It’s the police calling to ask me to come home because my car just got wiped out. Fast forward, my car got close to the hairy edge of being totaled, but they’re fixing it. It was 2 and half years old in perfect condition. My state allows going after diminished value. Anyone have any experience in dealing with this?  I’m clueless to this sort of thing. 

8 minutes ago, Monkey said:

So I do the right thing and leave my car at home, and ride my bike to go meet friends for a Bloody Mary. Then...  the phone rings. It’s the police calling to ask me to come home because my car just got wiped out. Fast forward, my car got close to the hairy edge of being totaled, but they’re fixing it. It was 2 and half years old in perfect condition. My state allows going after diminished value. Anyone have any experience in dealing with this?  I’m clueless to this sort of thing. 

I am a lawyer.  People call me with questions like this.  I can't advise you.  It sucks.  I don't want the money from people who ask.  I can't give legal advise on the ff internet.  

It may or may not be in your interest to hire an attorney.  If I were you, I'd go slow and figure out the answers for yourself.  Play hardball.  Don't give your money away or be taken advantage of.  

Is that enough legal advice?

1 minute ago, hasher said:

I am a lawyer.  People call me with questions like this.  I can't advise you.  It sucks.  I don't want the money from people who ask.  I can't give legal advise on the ff internet.  

It may or may not be in your interest to hire an attorney.  If I were you, I'd go slow and figure out the answers for yourself.  Play hardball.  Don't give your money away or be taken advantage of.  

Is that enough legal advise?

I’m not looking for rock solid legal advice. Mostly looking for advice from people who’ve gone through this mess. There’s piles of companies online that want to “help,” but I’m assuming they’re just a rip off, but don’t know. That’s why I asked. 

I appreciate your response, but don’t worry, I’m not looking for free legal advice, just wondering about the process. 

And just for fun...  

Mine is the black Fiesta ST. Looks fine in the picture, but over ten grand in repairs to put the little guy back together. 

DD05C4D6-0601-4097-9BD8-DDECC486EDEC.jpeg

Monkey, 

C'mon, who was driving the white car and what the hell were they thinking?

1 minute ago, Cal20sailor said:

Monkey, 

C'mon, who was driving the white car and what the hell were they thinking?

It was a 65 year old lady who had a heart attack and became not so good at driving. I have no ill will towards her, but her insurance still has plenty of room to cover diminished value if I can get it. 

Looks like you have not only full replacement value, but also loss of use, and the emotional pain and suffering that accompany that in store for you. Who the hell is your insurance company that they aren't pursuing this?

10 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Looks like you have not only full replacement value, but also loss of use, and the emotional pain and suffering that accompany that in store for you. Who the hell is your insurance company that they aren't pursuing this?

It’s Progressive. They’ve been pretty good so far, but there was a lag in progress because of a lack of information (the driver was taken away by ambulance before I even got home). My insurance has been covering everything so far, but she was insured, so not worried there. 

I’m just wondering if the insurance company will put a proper effort into diminished value, or if I need a lawyer. I figure someone’s been through this. 

Edit:  I should add that Progressive has actually been awesome in this scenario so far. Besides being my daily driver, that’s also my track car. I made it very clear that I wouldn’t settle for a typical insurance fix, because it needs to be safe on a track. They’re pretty much replacing everything underneath the car. 

How are you going to prove a diminution in value?  Have you sold the car?  And if so how was the value interpreted...  You are going to have demonstrate that you have incurred a loss due the "blemish" on the vehicle's  history...  How much of a pissing contest do you want to get into over this and is it worth it?  By your admission, the car fine and still working today... 

I can't speak for this particular situation, but I have had a little experience in this..  One of the fist jobs I had out of college was costing/checking/verifying inventories.. We did this for companies that were being sold, changing over to new computer/inventory systems, fraud, etc... Me and my posse would show up on Friday afternoon, lock you out of the building, and go to work..  We did a few of these jobs where a "diminution of an asset" in this case the physical inventory was involved. I think in the end all they got the current value and nothing else as it was kind of hard to anticipate the what future value could be..  I can tell you, our services were not cheap an in the end whatever these guy thought they were going to get was wiped our pretty quick with our check..

1 hour ago, Monkey said:

And just for fun...  

Mine is the black Fiesta ST. Looks fine in the picture, but over ten grand in repairs to put the little guy back together. 

DD05C4D6-0601-4097-9BD8-DDECC486EDEC.jpeg

10 grand is not really that much these days. I had to have the gravel pan repainted on my last XJR and it was almost 2K.

Collision damage is mostly labour and that's over 100 an hour - adds up very quickly.

Repairing your car is almost certain to take more hours that building it in the first place.

5 minutes ago, nacradriver said:

How are you going to prove a diminution in value?  Have you sold the car?  And if so how was the value interpreted...  You are going to have demonstrate that you have incurred a loss due the "blemish" on the vehicle's  history...  How much of a pissing contest do you want to get into over this and is it worth it?  By your admission, the car fine and still working today... 

I can't speak for this particular situation, but I have had a little experience in this..  One of the fist jobs I had out of college was costing/checking/verifying inventories.. We did this for companies that were being sold, changing over to new computer/inventory systems, fraud, etc... Me and my posse would show up on Friday afternoon, lock you out of the building, and go to work..  We did a few of these jobs where a "diminution of an asset" in this case the physical inventory was involved. I think in the end all they got the current value and nothing else as it was kind of hard to anticipate the what future value could be..  I can tell you, our services were not cheap an in the end whatever these guy thought they were going to get was wiped our pretty quick with our check..

First off, it’s not fixed yet. At least another week there. Second, that’s why I’m asking. My state allows going for diminished value, so I want to. Just because I’m not selling it next week, doesn’t mean it won’t hurt the value when I do sell it. 

We received diminished value by hiring our own assessor outside of the insurance company after the car was repaired (we used our own insurance)..    Found a great deal wrong with the repairs, some of which the repair facility corrected, some which they did not (like paint which looked good in the sunlight, but in a shop did not completely match).    We didn't get all our private assessor estimated, but got another grand or so on a 5 yr old minivan with 60k miles on it (which was almost.... but not quite totaled).     Good luck, I feel for ya.... this really sux !!!!

1 minute ago, IrieMon said:

We received diminished value by hiring our own assessor outside of the insurance company after the car was repaired (we used our own insurance)..    Found a great deal wrong with the repairs, some of which the repair facility corrected, some which they did not (like paint which looked good in the sunlight, but in a shop did not completely match, some sound insulation missing in the front quarter panel, etc).    We didn't get all our private assessor estimated, but got another grand or so on a 5 yr old minivan with 60k miles on it (which was almost.... but not quite totaled).     Good luck, I feel for ya.... this really sux !!!!

Thanks!  Did you need a lawyer or did your insurance pursue it after you’d hired the assessor?

7 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

10 grand is not really that much these days. I had to have the gravel pan repainted on my last XJR and it was almost 2K.

Collision damage is mostly labour and that's over 100 an hour - adds up very quickly.

Repairing your car is almost certain to take more hours that building it in the first place.

10 grand isn’t much, but my car isn’t exactly a Jaguar. It got within a thousand of being totaled. 

10 minutes ago, Monkey said:

Thanks!  Did you need a lawyer or did your insurance pursue it after you’d hired the assessor?

No lawyer needed... just submitted the diminished-value Assessment paperwork to our insurance company after calling them and informing we wanted diminished value compensation (insurance companies won't offer it unless asked)... they sent their assessor back out for another review and said "ok, we'll give you another grand"  (the diminished value assessment was  ~$1300 so perhaps a stronger negotiator could get more).     Sorry I don't have the paperwork to share as an example, but this was ~12 yrs ago.

1 minute ago, IrieMon said:

No lawyer needed... just submitted the diminished-value Assessment paperwork to our insurance company... they sent their assessor back out for another review and said "ok, we'll give you another grand"  (the diminished value assessment was  ~$1300 so perhaps a stronger negotiator could get more).     Sorry I don't have the paperwork to share as an example, but this was ~12 yrs ago.

I appreciate the information!  That’s exactly what I was wondering. I’m not looking to weasel free money, just trying to come out of this mess as close to even as possible. 

FYI - did a quick edit on my reply:  " informing we wanted diminished value compensation (insurance companies won't offer it unless asked)"

I had to go through 2 levels of "helpdesk" before I got one who understood diminished value.   Good luck !

2 minutes ago, IrieMon said:

FYI - did a quick edit on my reply:  " informing we wanted diminished value compensation (insurance companies won't offer it unless asked)"

I had to go through 2 levels of "helpdesk" before I got one who understood diminished value.   Good luck !

You’ve already been a huge help!  Hiring a diminished value assessor was exactly what I was wondering about. I wasn’t sure if it was a scam or not. 

40 minutes ago, Monkey said:

First off, it’s not fixed yet. At least another week there. Second, that’s why I’m asking. My state allows going for diminished value, so I want to. Just because I’m not selling it next week, doesn’t mean it won’t hurt the value when I do sell it. 

I understand this, in California it is Inherent Diminished Value.  Again, you're going to need to come up with the number. 

2 hours ago, Monkey said:

It’s Progressive. They’ve been pretty good so far, but there was a lag in progress because of a lack of information (the driver was taken away by ambulance before I even got home). My insurance has been covering everything so far, but she was insured, so not worried there. 

I’m just wondering if the insurance company will put a proper effort into diminished value, or if I need a lawyer. I figure someone’s been through this. 

Edit:  I should add that Progressive has actually been awesome in this scenario so far. Besides being my daily driver, that’s also my track car. I made it very clear that I wouldn’t settle for a typical insurance fix, because it needs to be safe on a track. They’re pretty much replacing everything underneath the car. 

1st problem

For your convenience your policies include Not paying for stuff thr Other company would have had to pay

Using your own policy is Only a good idea if fully your fault

You can make demands of a company you haven't previously agreed to limit liabilities with

If you went through your insurance and the car got fixed that part of any claim is likely Closed

Ummmm in Kalifornia and yer knot

Progressive..... Buy your insurance from a short order waitress, get dinner food service.

Good Luck.

Subtract the lawyers retainer from the “increased” amount of damages you can get because the lawyer represented you and I’ll bet when you compare it to what you likely can get on your own you won’t find the outcome a happy one. No personal injury in play and pretty small numbers as physical damages...........deal with the insurance companies yourself. Start with your agent and say “square this away in my best interests please”. Your agent should be able to walk you through the process.

Once a car has been in a wreck, it will never be the same. I had a 93 F150 that got front ended. It wasn't totaled, but only by about $100.... The repair guy did a great job, the paint matched perfectly, he even made sure the warning stickers on the underside of the hood, and on the beam over the radiator didn't look brand new. He told me to sell it as soon as possible. I took it to several dealers to see what they'd give me in trade in. "This things been beat to hell and back! We'll give you $1,500 trade in" (This was in 96).... So I decided to keep it.

The once spotless undercarriage started flaking off large bits of rusty undercoating. The oil pan rusted through, the check engine light would come on, and go off at various times for no apparent reason. The front end would go out of alignment for no apparent reason. I kept it going for another 40K miles but eventually had to scrap it when the front end and the rear shock mounts dissolved on the same weekend (empty).

13 hours ago, Monkey said:

Did you let Progressive know it was a track car and did you apprise them of all the track modifications when you got insurance? if not good luck, you would have to sue her insurance company yourself to get the extra value you've added to the car,  you'll need receipts. 

2 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

Did you let Progressive know it was a track car and did you apprise them of all the track modifications when you got insurance? if not good luck, you would have to sue her insurance company yourself to get the extra value you've added to the car,  you'll need receipts. 

Yes, they’ve known all along. I’ve always purchased separate riders for track days, and yes the modifications are covered in my policy. They don’t really “add” value to the car, but would have been covered if the car had been totaled. 

10 minutes ago, Monkey said:

Yes, they’ve known all along. I’ve always purchased separate riders for track days, and yes the modifications are covered in my policy. They don’t really “add” value to the car, but would have been covered if the car had been totaled. 

you're good to go,  and stop parking in the street..

4 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

you're good to go,  and stop parking in the street..

Yeah, the street parking is irritating. Unfortunately, a truck I’ve already sold is sitting in my driveway and blocking my garage, so no room at the moment. 

9 hours ago, Point Break said:

Subtract the lawyers retainer from the “increased” amount of damages you can get because the lawyer represented you and I’ll bet when you compare it to what you likely can get on your own you won’t find the outcome a happy one. No personal injury in play and pretty small numbers as physical damages...........deal with the insurance companies yourself. Start with your agent and say “square this away in my best interests please”. Your agent should be able to walk you through the process.

Insurance companies don't make it easy... 

My advice would be to deal direct with the person that did the damage and let them sort it out with their insurance company..

12 hours ago, DA-WOODY said:

If you went through your insurance and the car got fixed that part of any claim is likely Closed

Not true in all cases...... as my experience shows.

1 hour ago, IrieMon said:

Not true in all cases...... as my experience shows.

Has your premium increased? 

One year old WRX was in a flash flood, the night before we were leaving for Europe for 10 days.  High waterline was just over the seat bottoms so about 22 inches.  Started a but reluctantly the next morning and I could hear water sloshing around in the body cavities.  Parked in a friends garage and left for 1 days.  When we returned, there was still sloshing going on, so I called Geico.  It went to a newer Nissan dealerships collision center and they tore it apart and replaced everything affected and change fluids and thoroughly cleaned.  I initially wanted them to total it, because diminished value, buy they wouldn't do it.  7 grand later in repairs, it is about as good as new.  And I plan on keeping it for another few years, so hopefully it won't be badly affected.

16 minutes ago, nacradriver said:

Has your premium increased? 

Fortunately not, as it was clearly the other drivers fault (cited by the PD).  

2 hours ago, nacradriver said:

Insurance companies don't make it easy... 

My advice would be to deal direct with the person that did the damage and let them sort it out with their insurance company..

You are absolutely right, however I have had some luck pointing out to my insurance company that I consider them on the hook aka uninsured motorist claim if they are not able to square it away with the other insurance company. I do have both cars, home, boat all with this company though so I suppose it gives a little leverage........a little.

Two things. Get a car dealer to give you two written trade in offers. One for "As-Is" and the other for what it would have been.

Second: The most powerful words you can say to the adjuster is "that's not enough". Don't take the bait and give a number. I think I was told by someone that adjusters get a 'bonus' for coming in under whatever their 'allowance' for the claim is. In other words they have a vested interest in lowballing you.

18 hours ago, nacradriver said:

You are going to have demonstrate that you have incurred a loss due the "blemish" on the vehicle's  history.

I don't think you have to "demonstrate" that's diminished in value. If you have 2 identical cars and one has a Carfax report that says "no accidents" and one says "$10K in repairs" then one is clearly worth less.

Key to this is how long you expect to hold onto the car. If you tell the insurance company you would likely only hold onto it for another year, then the delta will be a lot more than a grand. That's the approach you might take (it's a track car and I would likely upgrade it to a newer model) - something you and the adjuster can hang their hat on.

If you're going to keep it 5 more years the difference in value of a 14 year old car with a 5 year old accident is likely negligible - but that doesn't mean you should ask for compensation now.

Have fun...  from what I understand with usaa,  when I filed an accident claim when the other driver was at fault and not cooperating by contacting their insurance company ect.  Usaa informed me that my diminished value claim was wit the other insurance company.  State Farm was less than friendly and basically it was my job to jump through hoops and prove diminshed value by getting multiple quotes from different dealers.   And they used the 17c formula.  Basically after all the time and effort I made about the equivalent of 15 bucks an hour.  Hardly worth the effort.

hopefully you’ll have better luck.

14 minutes ago, Marcjsmith said:

Have fun...  from what I understand with usaa,  when I filed an accident claim when the other driver was at fault and not cooperating by contacting their insurance company ect.  Usaa informed me that my diminished value claim was wit the other insurance company.  State Farm was less than friendly and basically it was my job to jump through hoops and prove diminshed value by getting multiple quotes from different dealers.   And they used the 17c formula.  Basically after all the time and effort I made about the equivalent of 15 bucks an hour.  Hardly worth the effort.

hopefully you’ll have better luck.

That’s my fear. At least the other driver is being cooperative. In fact, the only reason I even knew her name before today was because her son reached out to me on Facebook to thank me for my comments on a local news station’s Facebook page that covered the story. (Slow news day) 

I’ve taken some of the advice already from this thread. The dealership that’s fixing my car is going to give me the two trade in appraisals before I even pick up my car. I also let my insurance know to let her insurance know I’m pursuing diminished value. 

I appreciate everyone’s advice. I’ve never had to deal with this before. 

5 hours ago, billy backstay said:

One year old WRX was in a flash flood, the night before we were leaving for Europe for 10 days.  High waterline was just over the seat bottoms so about 22 inches.  Started a but reluctantly the next morning and I could hear water sloshing around in the body cavities.  Parked in a friends garage and left for 1 days.  When we returned, there was still sloshing going on, so I called Geico.  It went to a newer Nissan dealerships collision center and they tore it apart and replaced everything affected and change fluids and thoroughly cleaned.  I initially wanted them to total it, because diminished value, buy they wouldn't do it.  7 grand later in repairs, it is about as good as new.  And I plan on keeping it for another few years, so hopefully it won't be badly affected.

I remember reading about that horror story. Life definitely screwed you on that one. 

I’ll probably end up following the same concept and keeping it til the wheels fall off. I’ll probably demote it to permanent sporty commuter car detail, and get a new track toy. It’s just irritating because I was trying to end my multiple vehicle habit and this car actually did everything I needed. 

I hired a company off the interwebs to do a diminished value assessment when I got rear ended by a Range Rover.  I went to USAA (his insurance) with the info and they offered $1000. I said, "based on what information?"  They said take it or leave it. I took it. I wish I'd filed against them in small claims court. At least I had something to base my claim on, they didn't have shit.  10 years a go and I'm still just a little pissed off.

On 5/14/2019 at 2:11 PM, Borax Johnson said:

The most powerful words you can say to the adjuster is "that's not enough". Don't take the bait and give a number. 

This.  Understand that it is literally their job and their company's policy to get you to accept less than the claim is worth.

On 5/13/2019 at 3:53 PM, Monkey said:

Take the car to the most expensive body shop in town  of your choice... a place they do repairs on exotics and high end vehicles. Tell them you want it to be perfect.As it was new because you need to be sure you are safe. Have them replace everything even things that might have been damaged to the slightest detail. Tell them you hear even a rattle or feel unsafe you'll refuse to take it until fixed. You only want genuine parts with all the parts listed and all removed stored afterward so you can check. If you do not see all the parts replaced then you will not take it. You will not comprise. Your given estimate will come in at the total value of a perfect car. Until they fix the car, you want a free rental of greater quality than your ride where you can  drive the pants off of it until completely perfectly whole.

47 minutes ago, On The Hard said:

I hired a company off the interwebs to do a diminished value assessment when I got rear ended by a Range Rover.  I went to USAA (his insurance) with the info and they offered $1000. I said, "based on what information?"  They said take it or leave it. I took it. I wish I'd filed against them in small claims court. At least I had something to base my claim on, they didn't have shit.  10 years a go and I'm still just a little pissed off.

Never, ever, ever take an insurance company's first offer..... Or second..... Maybe third, if you're tired of talking to dweebs, but it's usually the fourth offer that pays the bills. I learned this the hard way.

• Like 1

Thankfully a friend of mine who does contract law for a living gets bored and likes taking on stuff like this for fun, and is pretty good at it. Off to court it goes!

Progressive has been utterly worthless. 

1 hour ago, Black Jack said:

Take the car to the most expensive body shop in town  of your choice... a place they do repairs on exotics and high end vehicles. Tell them you want it to be perfect.As it was new because you need to be sure you are safe. Have them replace everything even things that might have been damaged to the slightest detail. Tell them you hear even a rattle or feel unsafe you'll refuse to take it until fixed. You only want genuine parts with all the parts listed and all removed stored afterward so you can check. If you do not see all the parts replaced then you will not take it. You will not comprise. Your given estimate will come in at the total value of a perfect car. Until they fix the car, you want a free rental of greater quality than your ride where you can  drive the pants off of it until completely perfectly whole.

These are the shops that usually use the cheapest shit out there..

13 minutes ago, nacradriver said:

that is why you ask for them to keep the whole pile of broken parts for you to review and list of materials. if they are not then they are committing fraud.  You also have the right to see all the receipts for all replacement parts and services. ask them to take photos too of the entire repair from start to finish..

In cases like this, it pays to be nice but real prick. Nice and accepting people get fucked in the car repair industry and insurance repairs.

The car was put back together with the same parts I had on it. Supposedly everything mechanical is fixed, but it’ll be another week of body work before I can have it back. Aside from the diminished value, I’m half tempted to throw a tantrum for making me endure multiple weeks of a rental-spec Kia!

32 minutes ago, nacradriver said:

It went to a dealer, and they even brought a guy in that was from a FordPerformance shop to check it over. This whole shit show has gotten silly, but at the very least, the shop fixing the car is cool. Everyone else sucks so far. 

On 5/17/2019 at 6:39 PM, Monkey said:

The car was put back together with the same parts I had on it. Supposedly everything mechanical is fixed, but it’ll be another week of body work before I can have it back. Aside from the diminished value, I’m half tempted to throw a tantrum for making me endure multiple weeks of a rental-spec Kia!

That alone would be worth hiring a personal injury attorney!

1 hour ago, On The Hard said:

That alone would be worth hiring a personal injury attorney!

After getting a phone call saying my car would be ready tomorrow, I actually took a vacation day from from work just to spend one less day in that thing. 

To be fair, it’s actually a perfectly nice car. It’s average in every way imaginable. I just hate it because it’s awful for someone who’s 6’2”. There was plenty of of room, but everything was in the wrong place. 

Get yerself a nice single owner 1990 Honda CRX Si, and sit back and relax........

17 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Get yerself a nice single owner 1990 Honda CRX Si, and sit back and relax........

Oddly, my car is about as close to that concept as a modern car can get. I actually got my car back today, sort of. Warning lights are going off all over the place. It drives great, but it’s basically stuck in track mode. No ABS, no traction control. I may actually hit a home run on this. If the wheel bearing assembly they ordered doesn’t fix it, the insurance company said they’ll probably total it. 

They’ve already put it back to 99% right. If I take the buyback on it, I’ll have a bad ass rally cross car for dirt cheap. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Monkey said:

I may actually hit a home run on this. If the wheel bearing assembly they ordered doesn’t fix it, the insurance company said they’ll probably total it. 

They’ve already put it back to 99% right. If I take the buyback on it, I’ll have a bad ass rally cross car for dirt cheap. 

I had a good friend who always said that you should never think of it as an accident, think of it as an opportunity.  

Hope things work out well for you.  

8 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

I had a good friend who always said that you should never think of it as an accident, think of it as an opportunity.  

Hope things work out well for you.  

It wasn’t even an accident!  It was parked in front of my house!  

The story just got more fun. The dealership sent me home in the car with all kinds of warning lights going off disabling ABS and traction control. They played dumb and said they had no idea. 

Apparently they didn’t know the car had a dash cam. A mechanic told the owner a week ago about the issue. This is going to be fun. 

7 hours ago, Monkey said:

It wasn’t even an accident!  It was parked in front of my house!  

So, maybe 20% your fault?

• Like 1

On 5/22/2019 at 2:36 PM, Monkey said:

The story just got more fun. The dealership sent me home in the car with all kinds of warning lights going off disabling ABS and traction control. They played dumb and said they had no idea. 

Apparently they didn’t know the car had a dash cam. A mechanic told the owner a week ago about the issue. This is going to be fun. 

Save the DashCam till the End

Let them pruger themselves = False Insurance Claim (claiming they didn't know)

Settel for a Replacement Kar and keep the Old un-Fixed one for Free

53 minutes ago, DA-WOODY said:

God help me, but you make me laugh.  

52 minutes ago, DA-WOODY said:

It’s already getting out of hand. The insurance company is now investigating whether to press charges for insurance fraud. The damage they neglected to mention pushed the car past its limit for being totaled. It’s a complete shit show. 

Wow. Just wow.

So far beyond diminished value at this point. I was thinking about you on the way to work and thinking about a conversation with her insurance company along the lines of...

"Am I really going to have to sue an 80 year old lady recovering from a heart attack just to get you guys to treat me fairly?"  

Even if we aren't talking about diminished value, that may still come in handy!

21 hours ago, Monkey said:

It’s already getting out of hand. The insurance company is now investigating whether to press charges for insurance fraud. The damage they neglected to mention pushed the car past its limit for being totaled. It’s a complete shit show. 

Dash cam ended the Dash to being Not @ fault for someone producing an Aye Witness who swore out a statement having NOTHING to do with the Video

I Got Paid Quite Well Thank You,  no idea what explaining they had to do 

On 5/22/2019 at 4:36 PM, Monkey said:

A younger brother picked up his car after repairs, door lock did the window, window did the door lock....

On 5/24/2019 at 3:54 PM, On The Hard said:

Wow. Just wow.

So far beyond diminished value at this point. I was thinking about you on the way to work and thinking about a conversation with her insurance company along the lines of...

"Am I really going to have to sue an 80 year old lady recovering from a heart attack just to get you guys to treat me fairly?"  

Even if we aren't talking about diminished value, that may still come in handy!

There’s no worries about suing the little old lady. (She’s only mid sixties, by the way, and doing well). Her insurance company got in touch with me and is willing to pay for the whole mess, including diminished value. 

Any lawsuit now will be aimed straight at the Ford dealership that “fixed” my car. Admittedly, they did a great job putting the little thing back together, at least on what they chose to fix. 

I can’t say very much more for now, because I was told not to comment on social media, but my car should have been totaled, and I’m allowed to pursue that option. 

If I could figure out how to post a video here, I’d happily show dumb and dumber getting caught in the act. 

1 hour ago, Monkey said:

There’s no worries about suing the little old lady. (She’s only mid sixties, by the way, and doing well). Her insurance company got in touch with me and is willing to pay for the whole mess, including diminished value. 

Any lawsuit now will be aimed straight at the Ford dealership that “fixed” my car. Admittedly, they did a great job putting the little thing back together, at least on what they chose to fix. 

I can’t say very much more for now, because I was told not to comment on social media, but my car should have been totaled, and I’m allowed to pursue that option. 

If I could figure out how to post a video here, I’d happily show dumb and dumber getting caught in the act. 

So dealing directly with the AtFault Insurance Co. was the Best Advice.

Sudda posted this sooner to have gone that way

That Totalled POS is of Little Valut to you and No Value to the insurance co.

Perhaps you can buy it back (always offered) for Cheep just to keep for nostalgia...

It will Never be worth hardly anything with a SALVAGE TATTOO even if it could be properly fixed

Excelent call on Not posting details here

Facts

(1) your insurance comes with limiting conditions so unless your fault ALWAYS GO THROUGH OTHER INSURANCE 

(2)  The value of anything is whatever Someone Will Pay...... No One pays Shit for a SALVAGE Vehicle as its well known that the unknown Will Happen with it - you should get it Dirt Cheap (and eventualy realize you paid too much)

(3) the Dealer Fucked Up, but you will have been compensated 100% by the insurance Co. so hard to say what they need to pay you for ??? (Yes we know But what would a Judge say ???)