Sign in to follow this  
badlatitude

Here We Go..... Again. How Many Trillions This Time?

White House reviews plan to deploy 120,000 troops to Middle East: NYT

Source: The Hill

Acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan last week presented the White House with a plan to send up to 120,000 troops to the Middle East in the event that Iran escalates tensions, according to a New York Times report. 

The Times reports that national security adviser John Bolton issued an order for the plans and the proposal does not include a ground invasion, which would require many more troops. 

The plan was ordered to prepare in the event that Iran attacks American forces or accelerates the development of nuclear weapons, according to the Times, citing administration officials. It is largely driven by Bolton, who has pushed for more aggressive action against Iran under both Trump and former President George W. Bush. 

It was also unclear whether Trump had been briefed about the number of troops the plan called for, which would be nearly the size of the initial American force that invaded Iraq in 2003, according to the Times.

Read more: https://thehill.com/policy/defense/policy-strategy/443533-trump-admin-considering-plans-to-send-120000-us-troops-to

All in an effort to keep trump and his crime family out of prison. We should be allied with Iran and not SA.

SAD!

Same story, different decade.  They'll breed a new generations of "Support our troops" lemmings and we'll have to this all over again in 20 years.  Fuck I hate Trump.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

Same story, different decade.  They'll breed a new generations of "Support our troops" lemmings and we'll have to this all over again in 20 years.  Fuck I hate Trump.

I'm afraid that the difference between this war and the last will be our pending bankruptcy that it creates.

19 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

At least one of you has the balls to admit you are driven by hate.  God forgive America.

• Downvote 6

33 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

At least one of you has the balls to admit you are driven by hate.  God forgive America.

Yes, I hate a man who continually lies, made my take home pay smaller, is now set to kill more innocent people, uses the office of POTUS to trash American ideals, bullies provate citizens...shall I go on?  The dude has ZERO redeeming qualities.  And yet you and 40% of America kiss his ass.  God forgive America indeed.  

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, justsomeguy! said:

There is no god.

There certainly isn't a god looking over this blighted planet.  Unless s/he is a big fan of Wes Craven movies.

Whether there are a few of goddish types out there in the back of beyond playing marbles with this particular universe, I have no idea.  Although Einstein said "Good doesn't play with dice", he said nothing about marbles.

31 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

Yes, I hate a man who continually lies, made my take home pay smaller, is now set to kill more innocent people, uses the office of POTUS to trash American ideals, bullies provate citizens...shall I go on?  The dude has ZERO redeeming qualities.  And yet you and 40% of America kiss his ass.  God forgive America indeed.  

You seriously need  a touch on introspection.

• Downvote 3

1 minute ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

You need to open your eyes.

• Like 1

Another Fake NEWS Lie

The New York Slimes takes a common defense contingency plan and turns it in to a decision.

The role of the Defense department is to proactively anticipate potential events and plan for them. It is their stock in trade and for every one that sees implementation dozens or hundreds get filed and forgotten. 

times900.JPG.8d3b406b231d8eba0f8140d76d25fa59.JPG

• Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Hating someone or something is different than being driven by hate.  Hate of Trump doesn't drive me.  Love of my country drives me.  Love of my family and friends drives me.  Empathy for others who are different or more needy than I am drives me.  The term "bleeding heart liberal" comes from liberals actually giving a fuck about others.  You should try it sometime.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Another Fake NEWS Lie

The New York Slimes takes a common defense contingency plan and turns it in to a decision.

The role of the Defense department is to proactively anticipate potential events and plan for them. It is their stock in trade and for every one that sees implementation dozens or hundreds get filed and forgotten. 

times900.JPG.8d3b406b231d8eba0f8140d76d25fa59.JPG

Did you get this propaganda from your trash pile? Here is the actual cover of the NYT for 11/9/2019.

Related image

I think I must be a bleeding-heart conserva-socia-lib-atarian or something.  A librarian?  Labels suck.

Not wanting to go too tinfoily on y'all but did someone say "Trillions" in a US-military-spending context?  Quite the coincidence that Rumsfeld fessed up on 9/10.

Did anyone ever follow up on the 9/10 missing trillions?  I don't remember hearing about that report again.  Just "Patriot Acts", "Homeland Security"...

@badlatitude you don't need to worry about the impending bankruptcy.  The video below shows that the USG can literally throw away trillions and not even notice or care.  MMT says we can print as much as we want, right?

Q: How many American Anarchists here knew about Rumsfeld's announcement the day before the Towers and the Pentagon got hit?  Is it just not news?  I was dumbfounded when I learned of it...

@Nailing Malarkey Too The fake news headline that jumped off that 'Slimes page at me was that Hilary was going to retire.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

Hating someone or something is different than being driven by hate.  Hate of Trump doesn't drive me.  Love of my country drives me.  Love of my family and friends drives me.  Empathy for others who are different or more needy than I am drives me.  The term "bleeding heart liberal" comes from liberals actually giving a fuck about others.  You should try it sometime.

Typical liberal. Full of empathy, tolerance and fuck giving for the needy and others unless they disagree with you. Disagree with your progressive dogma and your empathy, tolerance and fuck giving hypocriticize into enmity, intolerance and fuck em. 

As for try it? While you "empathize" and "give a fuck" from your "bleeding heart",  I personalize and give a buck and a my own labor to help REAL people in need. 

The only thing I see liberals do is confiscate and spend other peoples money. That and complain. 

Name some bleeding heart liberal pols that live the life they seek to impose on me.  Seriously name the highest ranking liberal that gives generously of their money and labor to help actual individuals and in turn personally lives a green, life style. 

I'm hands on are you? About the only liberal pol I can think of that walked the walk is Carter. 

The rest of them  are more in the Gore model of green. Give me the money Green. 

• Downvote 2

2 hours ago, Swimsailor said:

Dude.  The reason the puppeteers win and get to do the rinse/repeat cycle is that they keep the electorate arguing about their favourite (favorite?) and/or most-hated puppets.  All good until I hit the word "Trump".  Until the electorate starts discussing (and voting for) ideas again instead of teams and tribes, it is rinse/repeat.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Typical liberal. Full of empathy, tolerance and fuck giving for the needy and others unless they disagree with you. Disagree with your progressive dogma and your empathy, tolerance and fuck giving hypocriticize into enmity, intolerance and fuck em. 

As for try it? While you "empathize" and "give a fuck" from your "bleeding heart",  I personalize and give a buck and a my own labor to help REAL people in need. 

The only thing I see liberals do is confiscate and spend other peoples money. That and complain. 

Name some bleeding heart liberal pols that live the life they seek to impose on me.  Seriously name the highest ranking liberal that gives generously of their money and labor to help actual individuals and in turn personally lives a green, life style. 

I'm hands on are you? About the only liberal pol I can think of that walked the walk is Carter. 

The rest of them  are more in the Gore model of green. Give me the money Green. 

I absolutely disagree with corporate welfare, racism, misogyny, lying, cheating, stealing, allowing corporations to milk the tax payer, abuse their employees and rape the earth.  You are absolutely right.  I have NO tolerance for those things.  I have no empathy for people who purposefully restrict the freedom of others, who use their power to make other's subject them.  I have zero sympathy for someone who blindly follows an ideology that destroys the earth, marginalizes racial groups and goes to war on a whim.  

Your view of liberal is clouded in Fox News propaganda.  Conservatives confiscate my money all the time and send it to the 1%.  Complain?  Fuck yeah I'm going to complain.  I'm going to complain that we're headed for yet another completely avoidable war in the Middle East.  I'm going to complain that I and most of America have to pay for the wealthy's lifestyle. 

I live the values I espouse.  And I hold any politician who purports to do the same accountable with my vote and my dollar.  

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

The faithful seem a little quiet on this issue. @Dog how's the fiscal conservative express faring with this necessary spending?

Your question will be valid if/when this gets beyond the normal simulation and planning that the DOD is constantly doing to prepare for contingencies.   'Til then?  Happy's right - this is normal strategy development.  Meh. 

36 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Your question will be valid if/when this gets beyond the normal simulation and planning that the DOD is constantly doing to prepare for contingencies.   'Til then?  Happy's right - this is normal strategy development.  Meh. 

Wait for Trump to commit to doing something stupid then believe in the power of Republicans to do the right thing? :lol:

I'm asking before Trump commits for a reason. so there's a trail, there are concrete positions. so the barrier to bullshitting is higher.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

I absolutely disagree with corporate welfare, racism, misogyny, lying, cheating, stealing, allowing corporations to milk the tax payer, abuse their employees and rape the earth.  You are absolutely right.  I have NO tolerance for those things.  I have no empathy for people who purposefully restrict the freedom of others, who use their power to make other's subject them.  I have zero sympathy for someone who blindly follows an ideology that destroys the earth, marginalizes racial groups and goes to war on a whim.  

Your view of liberal is clouded in Fox News propaganda.  Conservatives confiscate my money all the time and send it to the 1%.  Complain?  Fuck yeah I'm going to complain.  I'm going to complain that we're headed for yet another completely avoidable war in the Middle East.  I'm going to complain that I and most of America have to pay for the wealthy's lifestyle. 

I live the values I espouse.  And I hold any politician who purports to do the same accountable with my vote and my dollar.  

You couldn't think of anyone either. 

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Wait for Trump to commit to doing something stupid then believe in the power of Republicans to do the right thing? :lol:

I'm asking before Trump commits for a reason. so there's a trail, there are concrete positions. so the barrier to bullshitting is higher.

More imagination.

You flatter yourself.  What do you think your un-articulated "position" on this means?   

12 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

You couldn't think of anyone either. 

HRC gave 10% of her last reported income to charity.  Warren 9%.  AOC lives pretty frugally.  Bernie in 2015 was the least wealthy Senate member.  Bernie also has a union contract with his campaign staff.  This doesn't matter to you though.  You think it's all fake news and just for show anyway.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Predictive spending is the same as a disease, the same as a kid with an Amex Black card. You don't really get to plan to spend when you're broke, Donald Trump understands it from that perspective all too well.

17 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

What do you think your un-articulated "position" on this means?   

I'm pretty clear on my position that the elk here, and nationally, are bullshitters. This is just another example.

But if you want to defend trashing agreements, sabrerattling, and picking an expensive war just to spite Obama, well, you do you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

You are an amazing piece of work. Truly amazing in how hypocrisy just oozes out of your pores.

It could be that you don't sleep, posting at 3am eastern, or you are a southern-Euro troll.  Hmm. Interesting question.

4 hours ago, badlatitude said:

I'm afraid that the difference between this war and the last will be our pending bankruptcy that it creates.

$20 Trillion + in the red isn't bankrupt?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

You will never convince the know-all echo chamber that the DoD plans for all sorts of situations, all the time.

You would hope that even the most committed echo chamber member would realize this, but an (R) is in office so everything has to have a sinister motive. Some probably believe such planning didn't happen during the Obama administration.

• Like 1

Just now, SloopJonB said:

$20 Trillion + in the red isn't bankrupt?

No one seems worried so far, I don't hear anyone raising red flags, even from abroad. Expenditures are predictable, income is soaring, employment is at full capacity. Donald Trump messing with trade is the worrisome component, the worst case scenario, he crashes the economy because of a trade war with China. 

15 minutes ago, bpm57 said:

You will never convince the know-all echo chamber that the DoD plans for all sorts of situations, all the time.

You would hope that even the most committed echo chamber member would realize this, but an (R) is in office so everything has to have a sinister motive. Some probably believe such planning didn't happen during the Obama administration.

The DOD planning all kinds of stuff?  Yes, routine.  Telling the world you could have 120k troops in Iran for war?  Eh, not so much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

A trail huh?

On 4/11/2019 at 6:30 AM, Importunate Tom said:

Is War In Iran Already Authorized?

The 2001 Authorization for Use of Military Force gives the president the power to take military action against any entity he believes to have been responsible for the 9/11 terror attacks.

"Do you believe that the 2001 authorization to go war with those who attacked us on 9/11 applies to Iran or Iran's Revolutionary Guard?" Paul asked Pompeo.

"I'd prefer to just leave that to lawyers," the secretary of state responded.

But Paul wasn't satisfied. "Well, I would think it would be a pretty important question that whether or not you think you have the right invade or declare war or engage in war with Iran," Paul said. Referencing the IRGC being labelled a terror group, he added: "Do you think that that somehow includes them in the 2001 [AUMF] and is that any part of the decision-making process with including this designation?"

Pompeo claimed the designation "was not part of the decision-making process. The designation was a simple recognition of reality." But Pompeo did point out that Iran has connections to al-Qaida, who carried out the 9/11 attacks.

"I am troubled that the administration can't unequivocally say that you haven't been given power. I can tell you explicitly you have not been given power or authority by Congress to have war with Iran," Paul responded. "And in any kind of semblance of a sane world, you would have to come back and ask us before you go into Iran."

I wish Paul actually spoke for Congress on that subject.

I still have that wish.

On 5/24/2018 at 7:16 AM, Importunate Tom said:

Meanwhile, Pompeo Moves Closer to War in Iran

Few will take issue with the administration's ultimate goal. If we could wake up one day, turn on the television, and discover a reformed Iranian government that respects the sovereignty of its neighbors, dismantles its entire uranium enrichment infrastructure, ends its support to Damascus and Hezbollah, and stops threatening Israel, that would be wonderful. That is, in effect, what Pompeo is demanding—a wholesale reformation of the Iranian regime's foreign policy, something it has not done after more than 40 years of American sanctions and threats.

And I wish Trump didn't hire so many people like Pompeo and especially

JBolton_Walrus.jpg

18 minutes ago, bpm57 said:

Has anyone in the White House or the DOD for that matter ever given a single thought to what a war in Iran may cost? I bet they have, and I bet no one has the balls to tell Trump he's crazy as a loon.  I'm guessing a figure of 500,000 to one million soldiers to take and maintain a country the size of Iran, not to mention a ten-year commitment. Who the hell can afford that? 

Europe doesn't seem very enthused to jump in and help this time, I doubt this is something we could do alone. The whole concept of a war in Iran is a foolish idea.

Bolton is this era's Dulles. That is not a compliment. The Dulles brothers didn't get anything right.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Right after you spank somebody for hate, you spew this hateful, bigoted horseshit.  The good news is, your not a "typical" anything. You are your own unique brand of psychotic hypocrite and you appear to work hard at proving it on a regular basis. 

Congrats on being special.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, badlatitude said:

The whole concept of a war [ed: stop there! ... <in Iran>] is a foolish idea.

I am stunned to get ~no response from a bunch of (I assume) Americans when I post network video of a former SoD casually mentioning he can't account for $2,300,000,000,000 of spending.  Those are trillions, folks.  Who the hell cares about defense costs, I guess... wow.  Stunning.  More than 10% of GDP goes missing and no-one cares???  Is there something I am not understanding here?  Or you? I'm prepared to listen to someone try to talk this away...  Upthread: "rinse, repeat".  I wonder how big the slush funds are now...  How many trillions next time?

3 hours ago, Swimsailor said:

HRC gave 10% of her last reported income to charity.  Warren 9%.  AOC lives pretty frugally.  Bernie in 2015 was the least wealthy Senate member.  Bernie also has a union contract with his campaign staff.  This doesn't matter to you though.  You think it's all fake news and just for show anyway.  

You’re arguing with a dickhead. The futility of it is amazing 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Olsonist said:

Bolton is this era's Dulles. That is not a compliment. The Dulles brothers didn't get anything right.

Those evil cocksuckers have the deaths of uncounted thousands on their hands.

5 hours ago, badlatitude said:
5 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

You need to open your eyes.

He needs a few touches with a cattle prod.

25 minutes ago, bacq2bacq said:

I am stunned to get ~no response from a bunch of (I assume) Americans when I post network video of a former SoD casually mentioning he can't account for $2,300,000,000,000 of spending.  Those are trillions, folks.  Who the hell cares about defense costs, I guess... wow.  Stunning.  More than 10% of GDP goes missing and no-one cares???  Is there something I am not understanding here?  Or you? I'm prepared to listen to someone try to talk this away...  Upthread: "rinse, repeat".  I wonder how big the slush funds are now...  How many trillions next time?

This is a job for the Pentagon Inspector General or someone at the DOJ. None of the readers here have the influence to bring this to an investigation. Probably why you aren't getting a response

1 hour ago, bacq2bacq said:

...no response from a bunch of (I assume) Americans ...

America's become "comfortably numb"?

1 hour ago, badlatitude said:
1 hour ago, bacq2bacq said:

This is a job for the Pentagon Inspector General or someone at the DOJ. None of the readers here have the influence to bring this to an investigation. Probably why you aren't getting a response

I think that's part of the reason.

40 minutes ago, justsomeguy! said:

America's become "comfortably numb"?

And that's the rest. We're used to wasteful spending and we're also just sitting here acting like Congress has actually authorized a war with Iran.

is all this potential fascist vulgarity ultimately at the behest of that paranoid kike netanyahu and also the MIC?

I hope Iran comes up smelling like roses, just because.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, Importunate Tom said:

And that's the rest. We're used to wasteful spending and we're also just sitting here acting like Congress has actually authorized a war with Iran.

Right, but when the brand new Secretary of Defense sends a plan to the White House for review, most of us pay attention because those plans are not born overnight.

120,000 green US troops against 500,000+ desert acclimated Iranians (Not including all the Saudis that will join in)..... Good Idea! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Importunate Tom said:

Like Trump will need Congressional approval to do stupid shit.

2 hours ago, Importunate Tom said:

They don’t need to for 60 days, plus the 30 day retreat.   Trump can do whatever he wants.

5 hours ago, Ishmael said:

He needs a few touches with a cattle prod.

I thought one had been shorted out on his skull.

10 hours ago, Swimsailor said:

My view of Liberals in formed by engaging with them on a daily basis.  I don't watch Fox News. 

Like every Liberal I know you want to pigeon hole everyone you disagree with into a  racist, misogynist, lying, cheating, stealing, milking and earth rapist box.  

Makes no difference to you that it is a lie for most of us. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Like Trump will need Congressional approval to do stupid shit.

Of course he won't. This was a problem to me back when you could substitute Obama, W, Clinton, etc. for Trump there.

Trump is just proof that it really doesn't matter at all to most Americans that we've Authorized Unitary Military Forever.

If it did matter, Rand Paul really would speak for Congress when he says:

On 4/11/2019 at 6:30 AM, Importunate Tom said:

I can tell you explicitly you have not been given power or authority by Congress to have war with Iran,

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bpm57 said:

Outside of the conservative echo chamber non-essential people are being told to leave Iraq because of Iran tensions; inside of the conservative echo-chamber they are talking this war would be easy to win on Fox.

Meanwhile loyal conservatives assure us nothing is different but everything is different.

I presume that The Joker will be rushing out to his nearest recruitment center to join up.....

14 hours ago, Ishmael said:

He needs a few touches with a cattle prod. sledge hammer

fify

8 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

My view of Liberals in formed by engaging with them on a daily basis.  I don't watch Fox News. 

Like every Liberal I know you want to pigeon hole everyone you disagree with into a  racist, misogynist, lying, cheating, stealing, milking and earth rapist box.  

Internet trolling is not the same as engaging with actual people, comrade.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Swimsailor said:

Yes, I hate a man who continually lies

Which one, Trump, Obama, Bush 1&2 or the Clintons? Take your pick. :ph34r:

23 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

I'm pretty clear on my position that the elk here, and nationally, are bullshitters. This is just another example.

But if you want to defend trashing agreements, sabrerattling, and picking an expensive war just to spite Obama, well, you do you.

Again - you conflate my not being worried about normal military planning with favoring that which you accuse above.  Keep going - you do a great job articulating the problem with your approach to political discussion. 

22 hours ago, Swimsailor said:

The DOD planning all kinds of stuff?  Yes, routine.  Telling the world you could have 120k troops in Iran for war?  Eh, not so much.

That is a valid comment - and getting angry over IT is reasonable.  Getting angry over normal DOD scenario generation?  Yeah, not so much. 

18 hours ago, 3to1 said:

is all this potential fascist vulgarity ultimately at the behest of that paranoid kike netanyahu and also the MIC?

You voted this up O?  interesting. 

12 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Again - you conflate my not being worried about normal military planning with favoring that which you accuse above.  Keep going - you do a great job articulating the problem with your approach to political discussion. 

19 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

You voted this up O?  interesting. 

is there something disingenuous about it, TurdPolisher?

19 hours ago, 3to1 said:

It’s not an unreasonable position.  We are a far more malign actor in the region.  Culturally we are much closer to Iran than certainly SA and even Israel.  We should be allied with them not SA.

The kike was uncalled for disagreeable as Nutty Yahoo is.

8 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I don't know - the blatantly anti-semitic pejorative perhaps? 

is blatant anti-semitism bad? Or is it only bad if you can't point to relatives and say "obviously I'm not antisemitic".

6 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

is blatant anti-semitism bad? Or is it only bad if you can't point to relatives and say "obviously I'm not antisemitic".

Quoted for posterity

15 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

I have no reason to think you cheat or steal.  Given your poor use of English, I'm not sure what you imply by "milking."  I'm assuming it's not the common use of "to milk."  If it is, I have no reason to believe you are a "milker" either.

Is this this first use of Kamakazi drones?  Not clear if it’s that or a Predator style. It’s a transparent effort by SA to stir the shit but interesting nonetheless.  Shocked they haven’t been used in terrorism attacks yet.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/christopherhelman/2019/05/14/after-tanker-sabotage-armed-drones-set-fire-to-vital-saudi-oil-pipeline/#178b3ca84507

4 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Is this this first use of Kamakazi drones?  Not clear if it’s that or a Predator style. It’s a transparent effort by SA to stir the shit but interesting nonetheless.  Shocked they haven’t been used in terrorism attacks yet.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/christopherhelman/2019/05/14/after-tanker-sabotage-armed-drones-set-fire-to-vital-saudi-oil-pipeline/#178b3ca84507

They're more expensive than round trip tickets for 4 from Boston to LA.......

2 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

They're more expensive than round trip tickets for 4 from Boston to LA.......

A little more difficult for 4 to crash the cockpit these days.  I”m think of some souped up But readily available drones  enchanted with even crude explosives. Fly a flock over a college football game.

I assume the govt is closely monitoring those sales in the background...

8 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I don't know - the blatantly anti-semitic pejorative perhaps? 

relax, I'm not antisemitic, I'm an equal opportunity hater (but I am anti right-wing idiocy, exclusively). 

20 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Quoted for posterity

Please do. I was mocking the rightwingers who say Trump can't be antisemitic or be using antisemitic tropes because his SIL is jewish and his daughters a convert.

Why is Iran putting cruise misses on ships a big deal in the face of US military and economic aggression?

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

What is it going to cost and who is going to pay for it?

Who cares, Oil ahoy!

On 5/15/2019 at 2:31 AM, badlatitude said:

little thought for the lives lost then ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

2 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I am planning to spend your money.  The King of debt and bankruptcy.  Meet little don. 

1 hour ago, Mid said:

little thought for the lives lost then ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Very sad but accurate commentary about life in America.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

"Plenty, but we'll still spend about half of our Viet Nam era levels of spending" and "we are," both of which would be fine answers if we had some reason to go to war. Or maybe a decent track record at the subsequent nation building.

China will do that, while rubbing out a whole religion.  I don’t know why we need to be involved.  Something Bolton might explain? Trump?

Since Iran has such a long history of invading countries it is reasonable we should be ready. And before anyone starts with hezbollah and anything else I play the overthrow of the duly elected president and the installation of the shah as the Trump card.

The Shah is going to overthrow Trump?

Excellent. Can't be any worse.