Sign in to follow this  
Laser1

Chrysler Crossfire anarchy.

I'm aware it is a Merc SLK in a Karmann body and the only Chrysler part is the badge.  3.2 Merc V6 - 220 Hp - 155 Mph/limited.

A lot of them ended up in the US.

Who has one, who had one?

The good, the bad & the ugly.

Test drove one when they came out not to bad except for the room inside not good for tall people 

6 hours ago, Laser1 said:

I'm aware it is a Merc SLK in a Karmann body and the only Chrysler part is the badge.  3.2 Merc V6 - 220 Hp - 155 Mph/limited.

A lot of them ended up in the US.

Who has one, who had one?

The good, the bad & the ugly.

I rented a topless one in Florida years ago, when they first came out, and it was fine by me.

41 minutes ago, ROADKILL666 said:

Test drove one when they came out not to bad except for the room inside not good for tall people 

I was still 6 foot when I rented one, and it was fine for headroom for me, but I remember now the trunk space was minimal, golf bag would have to go in passenger seat.

I get it, but By GOD, How in the hell did Chrysler fuck up a cool looking car that badly??  Was it a Germans view on what Americans want, or are Americans that bad at determining what what is aesthetically pleasing.   That Bubble butt is vomit inducing.  Geez.....  

fugly...

I dunno if i'd tolerate it as a daily, but for a toy-car sure I'd drive the piss out of one of those.   They seem to be undervalued in the used market.

9 hours ago, shaggy said:

I get it, but By GOD, How in the hell did Chrysler fuck up a cool looking car that badly??  Was it a Germans view on what Americans want, or are Americans that bad at determining what what is aesthetically pleasing.   That Bubble butt is vomit inducing.  Geez.....  

All German. Daimler era. Sprinter and Crossfire both pure imports. Ugly but you can have fun in it. Tight for a big guy. 

Got to road test a Prowler one time. All the internals were off the shelf but the Indy style front end and the styling . :)

2 hours ago, Prof Anthrax said:

All German. Daimler era. Sprinter and Crossfire both pure imports. Ugly but you can have fun in it. Tight for a big guy. 

Got to road test a Prowler one time. All the internals were off the shelf but the Indy style front end and the styling . :)

I’d love a prowler,  but it seemed like it was under powered.  Ie all show and no go....cours I also liked th chevy ssr truck as well Which needed umph being that it weighed close to 5000 lbs...  always thought th crossfire was a slick little number, besides the ugly ass...

if I remember correctly they put extremely stiff springs in it which miffed the owners.  Was considered a short drive only automobile.

So you had a car:

-That would knock your fillings out

-Get its butt handed to it by a more compliant AMG Benz or Porsche in a race

-No room

-Cadillac Alannte styling

-A sister ship Viper would eat it for lunch AND draw the crowds with technology, styling, sound, and ground shaking motor.

Not a race car, not a Grand Tourer.  It was in no-man's land.   Upper crust K-car

Should have learned from Cadillac.  

If I recall correctly, Car and Driver ran a test where the SRT version went up against similar cars and came in second only to the then top of the line Corvette. 

It’ll probably be a classic some day. 

Every time I see a Crossfire I think of Clarkson's review: 

• Like 2

I just about died laughing today at the grocery story. A Crossfire was parked diagonal across two parking spots. The owner threw a tantrum when I parked in the spot next to the two he was taking up. Once he got done ranting, I calmly explained that his car was worth less than the rental Kia I just parked. Those cars attract weird people. 

2 hours ago, Monkey said:

I just about died laughing today at the grocery story. A Crossfire was parked diagonal across two parking spots. The owner threw a tantrum when I parked in the spot next to the two he was taking up. Once he got done ranting, I calmly explained that his car was worth less than the rental Kia I just parked. Those cars attract weird people. 

I am always soooooooo tempted to do something unkind to people who park like that but then my maturity kicks in (I hate it when that happens) and I pass. My buddy says he leaves notes that say “since you park like a dickhead, I keyed your car”. He imagines the panicked reaction as the owner circles again and again looking for the non-existent damage. 

8 minutes ago, Point Break said:

I am always soooooooo tempted to do something unkind to people who park like that but then my maturity kicks in (I hate it when that happens) and I pass. My buddy says he leaves notes that say “since you park like a dickhead, I keyed your car”. He imagines the panicked reaction as the owner circles again and again looking for the non-existent damage. 

I usually avoid that situation for all the same reasons you described, but fuck it, I’m stuck with a rental car, so might as well have some fun. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Point Break said:

My personal favorite during my personal hell as the rental car avenger is the dick bag that always parks in the handicap spot at the gas station I stop at every morning on the way to work. He thinks it’s ok because it’s 5:30 in the morning. He’s always been an ass, but it’s fun to finally park him in. 

As mad as I am about my car situation, the Avengers don’t have shit on a grumpy guy with a rented Kia!  I’m unleashing all my childish rage. 

18 minutes ago, Monkey said:

My personal favorite during my personal hell as the rental car avenger is the dick bag that always parks in the handicap spot at the gas station I stop at every morning on the way to work. He thinks it’s ok because it’s 5:30 in the morning. He’s always been an ass, but it’s fun to finally park him in. 

As mad as I am about my car situation, the Avengers don’t have shit on a grumpy guy with a rented Kia!  I’m unleashing all my childish rage. 

:lol:

With you on "Jezza's" review Que, weirdly I saw one on the road earlier this week, caught it from the front looking pretty slick, then it made a left & I saw the rest of it & went oh it's that thing.