Sign in to follow this  
Grande Mastere Dreade

sacre bleu.. coke2 all over again..

Butterfinger today announces a new package and new recipe, which it will debut to America via TV commercials and digital ads. According to a press release, the new Butterfinger has more of the main ingredient: “more crispety, crunchety, peanut buttery goodness.

why mess with perfection..

17 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

Because someone thinks they can. 

Ask the strongbow dudes...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, shaggy said:

Bulmer's?

They took a very nice dry hard cider, and changed the recipe to please an American audience, which didn't want it.

Bad idea.

There's still good cider to be found, but I'm afraid it hasn't made it to North America yet...... Or if it has, it hasn't found it's way in to my area.

Because somebody found a way of making it cheaper, only it doesn't quite taste right, therefore it is being marketed as better.

Like New Coke (as you pointed out).

Yup,  Artois Cidre is pretty close but still too sweet.  I have tried all the American reiterations and nothing seems to come close.  Too many marketing people getting involved trying to sell to Millennial Girls.  Even angry orchard is trying to get that market, trying to pair cider with meals....  Not a bad Idea, but its just a fad me thinks.  

3 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Bulmer's?

They took a very nice dry hard cider, and changed the recipe to please an American audience, which didn't want it.

Bad idea.

There's still good cider to be found, but I'm afraid it hasn't made it to North America yet...... Or if it has, it hasn't found it's way in to my area.

1 hour ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

Well Duh . . .

To make it more crunchetyer. 

Fuck you Coca-Cola for foisting that abomination on us called Coke Zero.  Zero calories, zero taste!  

37 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Fuck you Coca-Cola for foisting that abomination on us called Coke Zero.  Zero calories, zero taste!  

just rebranded Tab,   remember that one?  

1 hour ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Coke Zero is better then Diet Coke. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Bulmer's?

Bad idea.

What’s good hard cider? Is it dryer? Blake’s out of Michigan makes hard ciders that go a full range from very sweet to super dry. 

3 hours ago, chinabald said:

What’s good hard cider? Is it dryer? Blake’s out of Michigan makes hard ciders that go a full range from very sweet to super dry. 

If you have to ask, you wouldn't know the difference.

Someone told me that there's a Cider called "Dicken's" out of Maine, that's pretty good.... But I haven't had the pleasure.

Edit: Apparently it's out of Australia, not Maine.

they're grasping at straws because peoples consumption of crap is going down for the most part.

now that they're fucking with butterfinger and hershey bars, i'll probably quit eatin em altogether

new Butterfinger has more of the main ingredient: “more crispety, crunchety, peanut buttery goodness.

In other words - no fuckin' peanut butter.

12 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Someone told me that there's a Cider called "Dicken's" out of Maine, that's pretty good.... But I haven't had the pleasure.

Probably not, but my daughter has celiac and cider is one of the alcoholic things she can drink. So it would be nice to know whats good and what isn't. 

12 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Ship's Wheel out of Charleston if you have the opportunity.

25 minutes ago, chinabald said:

Probably not, but my daughter has celiac and cider is one of the alcoholic things she can drink. So it would be nice to know whats good and what isn't. 

I apologize for the snark. I suppose it depends on your preference. I like a super dry (Brut) cider, some people apparently like it sweeter. Some people apparently like it to be like soda pop.

1 hour ago, chinabald said:

come down to dallas, there's like 4 cideries around here..    Bishop is the big one and has a variety of styles in cans..

22 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

I tried it and it just taste more like crunchy peanut butter.

The only change I wish colas would be made clear again.
My urologist said that colored sodas cause kidney stones because of the calcium product to keep everything in suspension.
Rum and cola

18 minutes ago, Meat Wad said:

The only change I wish colas would be made clear again.
My urologist said that colored sodas cause kidney stones because of the calcium product to keep everything in suspension.
Rum and cola

Now that's an idea.  A new take on the cuba libre, a totally clear one, made as required with white Bacardi.  Looks like a glass of ice water.  An excellent disguise tactic.

On 5/16/2019 at 1:22 AM, chinabald said:

Coke Zero is better then Diet Coke. 

THEM is fightin' words!

I used to drink SOOOOOOO much Diet Coke. Decided a couple years ago to stop. Glad I did. Replaced it with mimosas. Pretty sure that’s healthier........right? 

23 minutes ago, Point Break said:

I used to drink SOOOOOOO much Diet Coke. Decided a couple years ago to stop. Glad I did. Replaced it with mimosas. Pretty sure that’s healthier........right? 

Grapefruit mimosas I hope.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

THEM is fightin' words!

I just recently switched to Coke Zero after drinking a real coke And a Coke Zero the next day. Realized how much the zero tasted like the real coke vs Diet Coke. 

7 minutes ago, chinabald said:

I just recently switched to Coke Zero after drinking a real coke And a Coke Zero the next day. Realized how much the zero tasted like the real coke vs Diet Coke. 

No coke here, even though I am in coca cola town.  I used to see the patriarch ride though campus driven in his limousine.

2 hours ago, Point Break said:

True - you get Vitamin C

• Like 1

On 5/16/2019 at 6:13 AM, Shootist Jeff said:

330ml_NoCaffeine-lead.png

I've only had a couple of cans of Zero but found it way better than Diet and a pretty close facsimile of the Real Thing.

On 5/15/2019 at 1:48 PM, shaggy said:

trying to pair cider with meals....  Not a bad Idea, but its just a fad me thinks.  

Euskadi has fantastic cider meal pairs. It probably will be a fad in the US, but it shouldn't. Problem with cider in export is imo - in the UK it's often a down market drunk drink, in the US it's an often oversweet drink for people who don't like alcohol.

On 5/15/2019 at 12:41 PM, Mrleft8 said:
On 5/15/2019 at 12:25 PM, shaggy said:

Bulmer's?

Bad idea.

My wife switched to this:

bottom-banner.png

Good luck finding it.

Edit: also be very careful with pointy things around those cans. I have never seen such thin cans.