Sign in to follow this  
B.J. Porter

A GOP Congressman Finally Reads The Report

https://hillreporter.com/gop-rep-justin-amash-trump-engaged-in-impeachable-conduct-barr-mislead-the-public-36267

Here are my principal conclusions:

1. Attorney General Barr has deliberately misrepresented Mueller’s report.
2. President Trump has engaged in impeachable conduct.
3. Partisanship has eroded our system of checks and balances.
4. Few members of Congress have read the report.

I offer these conclusions only after having read Mueller’s redacted report carefully and completely, having read or watched pertinent statements and testimony, and having discussed this matter with my staff, who thoroughly reviewed materials and provided me with further analysis.

In comparing Barr’s principal conclusions, congressional testimony, and other statements to Mueller’s report, it is clear that Barr intended to mislead the public about Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s analysis and findings.
Barr’s misrepresentations are significant but often subtle, frequently taking the form of sleight-of-hand qualifications or logical fallacies, which he hopes people will not notice.

Under our Constitution, the president “shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.” While “high Crimes and Misdemeanors” is not defined, the context implies conduct that violates the public trust.

Contrary to Barr’s portrayal, Mueller’s report reveals that President Trump engaged in specific actions and a pattern of behavior that meet the threshold for impeachment.

In fact, Mueller’s report identifies multiple examples of conduct satisfying all the elements of obstruction of justice, and undoubtedly any person who is not the president of the United States would be indicted based on such evidence.
Impeachment, which is a special form of indictment, does not even require probable cause that a crime (e.g., obstruction of justice) has been committed; it simply requires a finding that an official has engaged in careless, abusive, corrupt, or otherwise dishonorable conduct.

While impeachment should be undertaken only in extraordinary circumstances, the risk we face in an environment of extreme partisanship is not that Congress will employ it as a remedy too often but rather that Congress will employ it so rarely that it cannot deter misconduct.Our system of checks and balances relies on each branch’s jealously guarding its powers and upholding its duties under our Constitution. When loyalty to a political party or to an individual trumps loyalty to the Constitution, the Rule of Law—the foundation of liberty—crumbles.

We’ve witnessed members of Congress from both parties shift their views 180 degrees—on the importance of character, on the principles of obstruction of justice—depending on whether they’re discussing Bill Clinton or Donald Trump.

Few members of Congress even read Mueller’s report; their minds were made up based on partisan affiliation—and it showed, with representatives and senators from both parties issuing definitive statements on the 448-page report’s conclusions within just hours of its release.

America’s institutions depend on officials to uphold both the rules and spirit of our constitutional system even when to do so is personally inconvenient or yields a politically unfavorable outcome. Our Constitution is brilliant and awesome; it deserves a government to match it.

So what's he going to do about it?

Time for a twitter rant from Donnie accusing the man of being a mashed potato head or something equally school yard.

Divide and Deflect.

Disturbing that a member of his own side reads the report and reaches such damning conclusions.

Need a few more GOPers to read the report before the shits gonna start sticking.

14 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

So what's he going to do about it?

Don't know yet. This only went down a short while ago.

3 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Commendable but what’s his voting record?

Pretty shitty.

Well there you go.  Another mealy mouth Dog like Congress critter who doesn’t support Trump but.......

Edit It’s probably a lame effort to prod the Dems into pursuing impeachment which the Dems are showing remarkable restraint with.  Pelosi runs a tight ship.

15 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

His ethnicity might have influenced his views on Trump. Just saying. 

You ARE a racist little weasel, aren’t ya?

12 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

You ARE a racist little weasel, aren’t ya?

He’s a Mormon. Not a good one but still...

31 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

You are truly despicable.

37 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

From your asshole to Trump's ear. I bet that's what he says too.

Odd that we haven't heard from Romney, I guess you need balls to speak up in the GOP.

2 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Odd that we haven't heard from Romney, I guess you need balls to speak up in the GOP.

Romney already spoke up. He shook his head about how bad Trump is, said "there's nothing I can do" and went back to supporting Trump. He's Sasse.

36 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

@Dog do NOT read this thread if you want to have plausible deniability. 

Still, Muttski will be along shortly to say that this proves his boy Shitstain didn’t collude. Guy will be concerned yet optimistic. Tom will cite the dissent from United States vs Nixon.

14 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Romney already spoke up. He shook his head about how bad Trump is, said "there's nothing I can do" and went back to supporting Trump. He's Sasse.

I never expected him to give up his aspirations to the presidency that easily. He's worse than Sasse.

1 minute ago, Olsonist said:

Muttski will be along shortly to say that this proves his boy Shitstain didn’t collude. Guy will be concerned yet optimistic. Tom will cite the dissent from United States vs Nixon.

As far as I know, none of them have actually read the 448 page Mueller report. Isn't it hard to weigh in if you haven't?

18 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

As far as I know, none of them have actually read the 448 page Mueller report. Isn't it hard to weigh in if you haven't?

Purple font please:D

2 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Ask Dog....

(Arf! says Sandi!)

3 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Ha!  It’s easy, judging by the numbers-  

Plausible deniability! :lol:

6 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

An anonymous coward and racist . . . 

What does it take to get someone flicked around here ? 

Outing someone or calling them a pedo.

That's about it.

Oh - and pissing off the Ed.

image.png.b6e90d665bd27a3764adca10de48a1d0.png

7 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

WTF is wrong with you. He has palestinian and Syrian parents.  

My comment is about as offensive as saying I bet that Ilhan Omar  views of jews is related to her ethnicity. 

You really are a idiot. I mean I always knew that, but sometimes you really dot the i's and cross the t's on that fact. 

• Downvote 2

11 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

My comment is about as offensive as saying I bet that Ilhan Omar  views of jews is related to her ethnicity. 

You really are a idiot. I mean I always knew that, but sometimes you really dot the i's and cross the t's on that fact. 

So what's your views of Canada based on?

15 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

You’re a racist twit. Seems like the true colors are coming through these days.

4 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:
4 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

TF is wrong with you. He has palestinian and Syrian parents.  

My that bit in red is racist.

4 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Probably South Park?

7 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:
14 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Your comment is as bad as President Trump's comment about the judge being biased due to his ethnicity.

You and that piece of shit are two peas in a pod.

3 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I never expected him to give up his aspirations to the presidency that easily. He's worse than Sasse.

His only path to the presidency is as a Republican. They love Trump.

Speaking of bad Mormons that mealy mouth Romney was just on Sate of the Union to tell America that he’s sometime distressed by things Trump’s says but can’t even say if he’ll vote for someone else in 2020.

18 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Romney found a way to not say anything naughty about Trump or Amash. He gets the Brick Top Award. 

I wonder what @Dog would think if he bothered to actually read the report?

We all figured Donnie couldn't keep his mouth shut, and we were right. The man has no concept of self-awareness, calling Justin Amash a 'loser' after Trump himself, lost a billion dollars and Donnie in his best juvenile fashion, taking down a Michigan Congressman whose state will be necessary to Trump later.

President Trump on Sunday ripped Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) for saying that the president had reached the "threshold for impeachment," accusing the conservative lawmaker of leveling the charge "for the sake of getting his name out there through controversy."

"Never a fan of @justinamash, a total lightweight who opposes me and some of our great Republican ideas and policies just for the sake of getting his name out there through controversy," Trump said on Twitter.

Trump added that Amash would see that he was misguided if he "actually read the biased" report put together by special counsel Robert Mueller

"He would see that it was nevertheless strong on NO COLLUSION and, ultimately, NO OBSTRUCTION," Trump said. "Anyway, how do you Obstruct when there is no crime and, in fact, the crimes were committed by the other side? Justin is a loser who sadly plays right into our opponents hands!"

Amash, a member of the House Freedom Caucus, on Saturday became the first GOP lawmaker to say that the president's conduct was "impeachable."

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/444441-trump-fires-back-at-loser-gop-lawmaker-who-said-hed-engaged-in

4 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Whatever Trump/Putin says..

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

He won't, because instead of saying 'Corrupt Hillary' he would be forced to say 'Corrupt Donnie.'

1 minute ago, badlatitude said:

He won't, because instead of saying 'Corrupt Hillary' he would be forced to say 'Corrupt Donnie.'

Nah it wouldn’t matter.  You’d have to put a gun to his head to elicit that response.

33 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Romney found a way to not say anything naughty about Trump or Amash. He gets the Brick Top Award. 

You missed the rest of the quote:

Pull your tongue out of my arsehole, Gary. Dogs do that. You're not a Dog, are ya Gary?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Nah it wouldn’t matter.  You’d have to put a gun to his head to elicit that response.

You're probably right. A true believer can't change his spots.

4 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

You're probably right. A true believer can't change his spots.

Eventually the world will love itself and thank itself.  

24 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Personal observation.

Hey racist asshole, any reason you shouldn’t join with ignore list with that misogynist, A Guy?

5 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Your comment is as bad as President Trump's comment about the judge being biased due to his ethnicity.

You and that piece of shit are two peas in a pod.

So a muslim congress woman posts anti semitic comments and I'm despicable for postulating there might be a connection between her faith and her racism?

Now a congressman of palestinian descent turns out to be a never Trumper and I'm despicable for considering his heritage might be connected? 

You are always searching for the next reason to hate.  It is a defining characteristic of liberalism to always want to be outraged at something or someone. As if your self esteem comes from defining others as more flawed than you. Misery like company.

Liberals pretend to be tolerant, forgiving, accepting and caring 

I see no evidence of that from the left. They give lip service to anyone that will believe their dogma and vote for them while directing hate and every evil name they can think of at those who don't. Tolerant, forgiving, accepting and caring is the acceptance of those you disagree with not just your fellow believers. 

• Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

So a muslim congress woman posts anti semitic comments and I'm despicable for postulating there might be a connection between her faith and her racism?

Now a congressman of palestinian descent turns out to be a never Trumper and I'm despicable for considering his heritage might be connected? 

You are always searching for the next reason to hate.  It is a defining characteristic of liberalism to always want to be outraged at something or someone. As if your self esteem comes from defining others as more flawed than you. Misery like company.

I see no evidence of that from the left. They give lip service to anyone that will believe their dogma and vote for them while directing hate and every evil name they can think of at those who don't. Tolerant, forgiving, accepting and caring is the acceptance of those you disagree with not just your fellow believers. 

Projection, much like irony, is a concept totally foreign to you.  Sad, as you are a master.

6 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

So a muslim congress woman posts anti semitic comments and I'm despicable

It is a lie that her comments were anti-semitic, but yes, you are despicable. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

The point is, many viewpoints make up America. Palestinians, gays, women, Muslims, whites, blacks, eskimos, astronauts, gravediggers. You seek to classify people and judge the validity of their opinions by their heritage, when their ethnicity shouldn't matter.

Are the only true Republicans white men? 

If not, stop pointing out how minority viewpoints are related to the holders racial, ethnic or religious characteristics. If yes, the only viewpoints you will accept as "Republican" are those held by powerful white men, then you are, by definition, part of a white supremacist organization.

38 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Hey racist asshole, any reason you shouldn’t join with ignore list with that misogynist, A Guy?

I don’t because he often starts incredibly stupid threads that bite him in the ass and are comedy gold

The “Yoo Hoo” thread and the commemorative coin thread are just two examples.

Edit I see Slappy Jack changed his avatar.  Never paid much attention to it but what was it?

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

WTF did he say? Anyone got captions, or an interpreter? Sounded like a cross between Highlands Scot, and Irish to me.....

2 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

WTF did he say? Anyone got captions, or an interpreter? Sounded like a cross between Highlands Scot, and Irish to me.....

8 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Ah............ "Cockney".......

One Twitter user figured out how to get people to read the Mueller Report one meme at a time.

This thread contains images with passages from the Mueller Report. I will add new ones as I create them.

If you want, share them on Facebook, Instagram, print on fliers or t-shirts or postcards.

I want to show America what's in that report.

D6XlqnHWkAIURV0.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Bullshit. 

You’d like us to believe his opposition to President Trump is borne out of his ethnicity. 

You can’t/won’t grasp the concept that he opposes President Trump due to the POTUS being an immoral and repulsive being. 

Then again, that might explain why so many oppose you. 

2 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Try this snippet, same movie. Brad Pitt is hilariously incomprehensible.

57 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Then again, that might explain why so many oppose you. 

They’re birds of a feather.

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

You’d like us to believe his opposition to President Trump is borne out of his ethnicity.

Is asshole an ethnicity? An inheritable trait? A protected class? If NM thinks it is I can see his fear for discrimination.

32 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Is asshole an ethnicity? An inheritable trait? A protected class? If NM thinks it is I can see his fear for discrimination.

Racist is definitely a protected class now.  Just give Kavanaugh and Thomas a hot minute and they'll come up with a rationale

6 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Edit I see Slappy Jack changed his avatar.  Never paid much attention to it but what was it?

It was a butt plug that he also used as a pacifier.  

• Like 1

Someone with talent needs to make a spoof of Bobby "Boris" Pickett's "MONSTER MASH".....

"It was Amash! It was Justin Amash! It was a white house gash! It was Justin Amash!

Late one night in the consrvratory, Justin sat reading pages 1-2-3... He got to page 484, and he was aghast!  He ran out the court house door., Yelling "I'll take it no more!"

IT WAS AMASH!

It was a White house bash!

Trump tweeted out that Justin was a loser, (Probably thinks that he's a boozer) But it was AMASH! .....

Etc.

7 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

So you can't accept that their personal observations are different to yours?

2 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:
10 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

So you can't accept that their personal observations are different to yours?

Calling a racist out for making racist statements is SO INTOLERANT!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Collectivists are racist by definition. You can't help but judge according to skin color. 

6 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Intolerance of intolerance is intolerable. 

Btw, the Libertarian discussion is a great distraction from the topic at hand. Kudos to Rep. Amish for actually reading the report. 

2 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Intolerance of intolerance is intolerable. 

Btw, the Libertarian discussion is a great distraction from the topic at hand. Kudos to Rep. Amish for actually reading the report. 

I try not to engage with Libertarians, it's like playing chess with a pigeon.

2 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

@Dog can’t be bothered to read the truth.

Thankfully,  we don't blindly accept a prosecutors version of events as truth in America. (morons notwithstanding)

8 minutes ago, Dog said:

Thankfully,  we don't blindly accept a prosecutors version of events as truth in America. (morons notwithstanding)

you blindly accept that same prosecutor's words when he failed to find coordination with Russia (liars notwithstanding)

4 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

you blindly accept that same prosecutor's words when he failed to find coordination with Russia (liars notwithstanding)

It's a presumption we make in America.

2 minutes ago, Dog said:

Wow.  Double speak much?  Your contradictions make my head hurt

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dog said:

It's nothing that 'we' make.  You must be one of those people who think that you are entitled to free speech on a private website 'because first amendment'

The only one required to accept the presumption of innocence is the government. Everyone else can think or say whatever they want without penalty.  

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

@Dog can’t be bothered to read the truth.

He's afraid of the truth. His world view depends on lies.

On 5/18/2019 at 4:50 PM, Navig8tor said:

Time for a twitter rant from Donnie accusing the man of being a mashed potato head or something equally school yard.

Divide and Deflect.

Disturbing that a member of his own side reads the report and reaches such damning conclusions.

Need a few more GOPers to read the report before the shits gonna start sticking.

I went over to Free Republic to see how partisan TeamR types are reacting.

About like I expected. They're talking about donating money to his new primary challenger, who none of them have heard of before. I support their right to do that, by the way.

He has NOT changed. Not at all. You are just finally seeing him for what he is.

He’s always been a Paultard libertarian, rather than a conservative. He’s never had any loyalty to the party and his loyalty to the country itself is questionable.

Paultard libertarians specialize in lying to conservatives to get elected. They have to since there own constituency of peacenik drug addicts is too small to win on it’s own.

So pretty much exactly what TeamD partisans say about libertarians around here. Of course, it's always about the Team's sacred prohibition program and they're worried about TeamR's prohibition program, not TeamD's. But the behavior and rhetoric are pretty much identical and if you just swap out "drug addicts" for "gun nutz" you can't tell them apart at all.

4 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

It's nothing that 'we' make.  You must be one of those people who think that you are entitled to free speech on a private website 'because first amendment'

The only one required to accept the presumption of innocence is the government. Everyone else can think or say whatever they want without penalty.  

I stand corrected...some of us do in fact blindly accept a prosecutors version of events as truth in America. 

1 hour ago, Dog said:

I stand corrected...some of us do in fact blindly accept a prosecutors version of events as truth in America. 

Most people think and analyse instead of accepting anyone's words the way you gobble them up

1 hour ago, Dog said:

Depending on the prosecutor, I'm just guessing...

32 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Most people think and analyse instead of accepting anyone's words the way you gobble them up

You couldn't prove it by this forum, most swallowed the Russian collusion fiction hook line and sinker. I tried to tell them.

18 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Depending on the prosecutor, I'm just guessing...

For @Dog, depends on the party of the accused

7 minutes ago, Dog said:

You couldn't prove it by this forum, most swallowed the Russian collusion fiction hook line and sinker. I tried to tell them.

Actually, most of us told you your “collusion fiction” was poor bait. It didn’t catch many fish.

And fortunately, Republicans saw fit to investigate Russian efforts to alter our elections, and they found numerous instances of Americans working with them for other motives. They also found many other crimes and documented many efforts to obstruct the investigation. 

Unfortunately, Republicans are now pretending to be blind to evidence of obstruction and are also obstructing any efforts to protect our elections for next time. Pretty much because it angers Herr Drumpf.

Its too bad the GOP doesn’t care to protect America from enemies both foreign & domestic. (With occasional exceptions, but they are quickly shut down & pushed out.)

3 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

Actually, most of us told you your “collusion fiction” was poor bait. It didn’t catch many fish.

And fortunately, Republicans saw fit to investigate Russian efforts to alter our elections, and they found numerous instances of Americans working with them for other motives. They also found many other crimes and documented many efforts to obstruct the investigation. 

Unfortunately, Republicans are now pretending to be blind to evidence of obstruction and are also obstructing any efforts to protect our elections for next time. Pretty much because it angers Herr Drumpf.

Its too bad the GOP doesn’t care to protect America from enemies both foreign & domestic. (With occasional exceptions, but they are quickly shut down & pushed out.)

Yeah sure, you told me, two years later.

Republicans are wimps...Here's hoping they find the balls to focus on those domestic enemies who attempted to subvert our democracy.