martin.langhoff

"Interesting AC Facts" YouTube channel

I just randomly found this YT channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUS-K8GiEqIUZdpC08V6Rbg - Someone was performing very detailed analysis on Oracle's technique during the last AC. A quick google says it wasn't discussed here in SA. 

Edit: hmm, some of the videos have been linked from threads in SA - 

2 hours ago, martin.langhoff said:

I just randomly found this YT channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUS-K8GiEqIUZdpC08V6Rbg - Someone was performing very detailed analysis on Oracle's technique during the last AC. A quick google says it wasn't discussed here in SA. 

Edit: hmm, some of the videos have been linked from threads in SA - 

Thanks for that. Apparently it was all on account of the lifting gantries flapping in the breeze. I really should put them together into a mini doco, rather than discrete video responses in a debate.

It was in the OR thread, then we got moved...

53 minutes ago, barfy said:

Thanks for that. Apparently it was all on account of the lifting gantries flapping in the breeze. I really should put them together into a mini doco, rather than discrete video responses in a debate.

It was in the OR thread, then we got moved...

Is that your channel? You've collected interesting material in there :-)

One day we might know. Not interested in the narrow debate of did they, or did they not.

Looking at the future, I think there are reasons foilers will do well with some degree of herbie. Nothing too crazy, picture an evolution of Moths' ride height control wand. Or something that'll reduce foil rake on a big boat if forces exceed what the boat is built to handle (picture a G4 or T101 with differential foil rake creating huge RM forces...).

We had an interesting discussion regards a wand replacement electronic solution that was affordable and made it easier for the entry level foiling boats. 

I believe it wouldn't be too far a leap from the racing quad pid controller firmware like beta flight open source.spirited discussion ensued. No money and not enough geeks on board.