Zonker

Today's Trump Headlines

The Donald does the Backwards Moonwalk.

President Donald Trump on Saturday abruptly reversed his plan to hold the next Group of Seven world leaders’ meeting at his Doral, Florida, golf resort next year.

Accused of using the presidency to enrich himself by hosting the international summit at a private resort owned by his family, Trump announced a rare backtrack Saturday night.

“Based on both Media & Democrat Crazed and Irrational Hostility, we will no longer consider Trump National Doral, Miami, as the Host Site for the G-7 in 2020,” Trump tweeted. He said his administration “will begin the search for another site, including the possibility of Camp David, immediately.”

The president’s acting chief of staff, Mick Mulavey, held a press conference Thursday announcing the choice of Doral for the summit. He insisted his staff had concluded it was “far and away the best physical facility.” Mulvaney said the White House reached that determination after visiting 10 sites across the country.

Trump had been the first administration official to publicly float the selection of his property to host the summit when in August he mentioned it was on the short-list and praised its facilities and proximity to Miami’s international airport. His comments, more than a month before the official announcement, drew instant criticism from good governance groups and Democrats, who said it raised concerns that Trump was using the White House to boost his personal finances

The vociferous criticism did not die down, even as Trump insisted he would host the summit at cost, though he refused to disclose financial details. The annual heads-of-state gathering would at minimum have provided good-will value to his property.

An hour before Trump’s announcement, Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden condemned the selection of Doral for the summit. “Hosting the G7 at Trump’s hotel? A president should never be able to use the office for personal gain,” the former vice-president.

On Thursday, Mulvaney had discounted Camp David, the government-owned presidential retreat, as the site for the summit, claiming, “I understand the folks who participated in it hated it and thought it was a miserable place to have the G-7.” He added that it was too small and remote for the international summit.

Mulvaney said then that unspecified sites in Hawaii and Utah had also been on the short list. It was unclear if they were still under consideration.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/world/article-trump-drops-plan-to-host-g-7-at-doral/

So, Trump bitchily agrees to NOT use the G7 meeting to enrich himself, and expects to be congratulated and praised for it.

That's like saying, "OK I won't steal the Crown Jewels after all, they're too well guarded. Aren't I the most honest person ever?"

- DSK

4 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

So, Trump bitchily agrees to NOT use the G7 meeting to enrich himself, and expects to be congratulated and praised for it.

And deservedly so - he is being so unfairly put upon.

5 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

That's like saying, "OK I won't steal the Crown Jewels after all, they're too well guarded. Aren't I the most honest person ever?"

- DSK

I'll respond to that after they announce where it will actually be hosted. 

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Yup. Probably changed his mind when a big donor offered donor’s resort and a huge kickback to the campaign.

6 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I'm guessing the Pyong Yang Resort.... Which will soon be Trump Pyong Yang.

• Like 1

The Toronto Globe and Mail weighs in.

Canadians going to the polls on Monday can reassure themselves that, whatever the next federal government throws at them, it will pale in comparison to the recent crimes and misdemeanours of the Trump administration.

In the past few weeks, U.S. President Donald Trump has trapped his country on a busted elevator that is crashing through the lowest floors of morality and common decency.

It was on Oct. 6 that Mr. Trump suddenly announced he was pulling the last American troops out of Syria, an act designed as an invitation to Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to attack Kurdish forces that had, until that moment, been allied with U.S. forces fighting Islamic State.

The subsequent conflict has killed more than 100 civilians in Syria and displaced more than 300,000 people. Despite a partial ceasefire, Mr. Trump has likely condemned to death hundreds if not thousands of men, women and children, and callously forsaken a loyal ally.

He has also inexplicably allowed Iran, Russia and the genocidal Syrian government of Bashar al-Assad to increase their influence in the region, to the detriment of U.S. interests. And he has sent a blunt message that the United States cannot be trusted, even by those who fought shoulder-to-shoulder with its military.

And yet, while the blood was caking on the bodies of the innocent this week and captured IS fighters were escaping from Kurdish prisons, Mr. Trump was focused on what really matters: making a buck off of real estate.

It seems preposterous to be writing these words, but the White House last week announced that the 2020 Group of Seven summit, to be hosted by the United States, would take place at a struggling Florida golfing resort owned by Mr. Trump.

Never mind that the U.S. Constitution says a president is not allowed to accept payments from foreign interests and is not allowed to take any payment from the federal government beyond an annual salary. No, no. Mr. Trump’s hotel would host the G7 “for the good of the country.”

By late Saturday night, the hapless Mr. Trump had changed his mind and announced the summit would be held elsewhere. He blamed “both Media & Democrat Crazed and Irrational Hostility" [sic] for his reversal.

This is not an excerpt from a proposed script for a black comedy about a witless, third-generation dictator trying to direct state funds into his family business. This is the actual state of the degeneration of Mr. Trump and his presidency.

Were we really supposed to believe that government officials independently came to the conclusion that the best place to hold the G7 summit was a Trump resort?

“It’s almost like they built this facility to host this type of event,” an unnamed but enthusiastic official said. Not likely. Canada once hosted a G8 summit (before Russia left the group) in a resort that brags of being the world’s largest log cabin. The most recent G7 summit, in August, was held in a century-old French beach hotel. It went off without a hitch.

But only a Trump resort will do when a Trump sits in the Oval Office.

Mr. Trump is now facing a deepening impeachment inquiry related to a July 25 phone call to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, in which he implicitly threatened to withhold aid for Ukraine unless Mr. Zelensky agreed to investigate spurious allegations against Mr. Trump’s domestic political rivals.

In the capper to the latest White House insanity, last week the U.S. President’s acting chief of staff frankly admitted that there was indeed an expectation that Mr. Zelensky would get his aid money in exchange for doing what Mr. Trump described in the phone call as a “favour.”

At this point, the Trump administration is in such disarray that it can’t even stick to basic talking points. Its shameless efforts to prevent White House and government officials from testifying at the impeachment inquiry are also failing. Last week, Republican Senate Leader Mitch McConnell, formerly an unbreakable ally of the President, confessed that an impeachment trial may now be inevitable.

Still, Mr. Trump continues to insist there was no “quid pro quo,” and that he was only pressing a foreign government to investigate his election opponents out of his great concern for fighting corruption wherever it exists.

That concern ends where Mr. Trump’s bank accounts begin, obviously

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/editorials/article-when-donald-trump-aims-low-his-reach-never-exceeds-his-grasp/

Trump embarrassingly folded on the G7 at Doral. Is flailing on the Kurd mess what with it being indefinite what is actually happening with our troops. Mulvaney wiped out in a major way. His senate support is cracking. It's a new week. Trump needs to double down on his fuck-ups. Not wimp out. Like he did back in the good old days when he was popular.

Fire someone. Implore the senate to impeach McConnell. Create a diversion...maybe time for a Little Rocket Man summit? Leave NATO. Invade the commies in Venezuela or Canada. Come on man!

Heard Trump on NPR saying that being POTUS is costing him 2-5 million dollars that he would have otherwise made as a private businessman.  "I would have made millions!" he spouted!!

14 hours ago, El Boracho said:

Trump embarrassingly folded on the G7 at Doral. Is flailing on the Kurd mess what with it being indefinite what is actually happening with our troops. Mulvaney wiped out in a major way. His senate support is cracking. It's a new week. Trump needs to double down on his fuck-ups. Not wimp out. Like he did back in the good old days when he was popular.

Fire someone. Implore the senate to impeach McConnell. Create a diversion...maybe time for a Little Rocket Man summit? Leave NATO. Invade the commies in Venezuela or Canada. Come on man!

He's set the bar so low already that his options are becoming limited.

Maybe it's time for that shooting on 5th Avenue.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Heard Trump on NPR saying that being POTUS is costing him 2-5 million dollars that he would have otherwise made as a private businessman.  "I would have made millions!" he spouted!!

I'd bet you heard billions and mis-typed millions.  

7 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Trump flashes middle finger to female astronaut who corrected him.

Such a vile little person.

https://crooksandliars.com/cltv/2019/10/trump-flips-female-astronaut-who

Is it just me or are his eyes getting smaller and piggier?

Just now, Fakenews said:

Its not like Svetlana Savitskaya should get any credit.   She was outside Salyut 7, but obviously wasn't inside the ISS either.   

She should get bonus points for being Russian though.

1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

OK..  This shit just keeps getting worse and worse....   Who in their right mind thinks this shit ok???  

8 minutes ago, shaggy said:

Who in their right mind thinks this shit ok???  

No-one - only brain damaged red hats think it's O/K.

And they think anything the shitstain does is O/K.

"I have to fight off these -- these lowlifes at the same time, I'm negotiating these very important things that should have been done during Obama and Bush and even before that, all right?"

"I give away my presidential salary. They say that no other president has done it. I'm surprised, to be honest with you." (except Hoover and Kennedy)

"When you see my financials, which I'll give at the right time, you'll say, 'Man, he was much better than we even thought.'"Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

"And I've had great polls. I've had my best polls now."  39%....fanfuckingtastic

obviously the bold are Donny's quotes....I'll give him credit for that blather B)

3 minutes ago, dacapo said:

"When you see my financials, which I'll give at the right time, you'll say, 'Man, he was much better than we even thought.'"Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

The right time was prior to November 2016.

Wandering little hands -

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/politics/a29514931/trump-groped-models-backstage-all-the-presidents-women-excerpts/

Excerpt -

But a new book by journalists Barry Levine and Monique El-Faizy aims to uncover parts of Trump’s past that should no longer be ignored. In the following passages excerpted from All the President’s Women: Donald Trump and the Making of a Predatorwe learn of Trump’s egregious and disturbing misconduct around young women trying to make it in the modeling world in the early 1990s. Rosa Heyman

Trump’s hands, the size of which would later become the subject of significant public curiosity, were infamous for other reasons back then, according to sources. “He was gropey...he had his hands in the most inappropriate places, always,” [NaKina] Carr said. [Editor’s note: NaKina Carr was working as a runway model for Oscar de la Renta.] “When he went in to kiss someone, the hand always went to either the hip or the butt. He was also really good when he did pictures or when he’d side-hug someone. He’d always get his hand on the boob. Every time.” Stories about Trump and his hands circulated within the modeling community. At one modeling event, Trump allegedly went down a line of women feeling their bodies to guess their dress size. Backstage at a lingerie show, he is said to have moved his hands all over a model’s breasts under the guise of inspecting the bra’s fabric.

19 hours ago, Sean said:

Wandering little hands -

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/politics/a29514931/trump-groped-models-backstage-all-the-presidents-women-excerpts/

Excerpt -

But a new book by journalists Barry Levine and Monique El-Faizy aims to uncover parts of Trump’s past that should no longer be ignored. In the following passages excerpted from All the President’s Women: Donald Trump and the Making of a Predatorwe learn of Trump’s egregious and disturbing misconduct around young women trying to make it in the modeling world in the early 1990s. Rosa Heyman

Trump’s hands, the size of which would later become the subject of significant public curiosity, were infamous for other reasons back then, according to sources. “He was gropey...he had his hands in the most inappropriate places, always,” [NaKina] Carr said. [Editor’s note: NaKina Carr was working as a runway model for Oscar de la Renta.] “When he went in to kiss someone, the hand always went to either the hip or the butt. He was also really good when he did pictures or when he’d side-hug someone. He’d always get his hand on the boob. Every time.” Stories about Trump and his hands circulated within the modeling community. At one modeling event, Trump allegedly went down a line of women feeling their bodies to guess their dress size. Backstage at a lingerie show, he is said to have moved his hands all over a model’s breasts under the guise of inspecting the bra’s fabric.

Sensational, Sean. 

"Politics Is the Entertainment Branch of Industry" - Frank Zappa

21 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

In an attempt to suppress wide spread reporting on his various misdeeds and shitty self, Trump today ordered all federal govt agencies to cancel their subriptions and or distribution of the Washington Post and NYT.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/10/donald-trump-times-post-subscriptions

LOL

Nicht to read is ser Gut!

Nicht read the bad press!..... The bier house putsch we planned yesterday failed, But ve vill dry again!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Fakenews said:

In an attempt to suppress wide spread reporting on his various misdeeds and shitty self, Trump today ordered all federal govt agencies to cancel their subriptions and or distribution of the Washington Post and NYT.

LOL

I'll bet they see a circulation boost.

Joe Hockey denounces key Donald Trump policies in scathing speech

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-america/joe-hockey-denounces-key-donald-trump-policies-in-scathing-speech-20191025-p5344a.html

Who the fuck is Joe Hockey?

:D

Actually he was a pretty useless treasurer but not a bad ambassador.

3 hours ago, Fakenews said:

LOL

The laughable part is that for at least the NYT, with each paper subscription, they give multiple 'licenses' to access their electronic version.  Trump thinks that since it's not delivered, no one will read it?  The man really is taking moron to a new level.  

1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

Who the fuck is Joe Hockey?

Brother to Joe College and cousin to Joe Schmo

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Brother to Joe College and cousin to Joe Schmo

Joe Camel's uncle.

He's married to Cuppa Joe isn't he?

9 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

He's married to Cuppa Joe isn't he?

That's his pet name for his jock strap.

Trump via his legion helpfully reminds us that if he loses the election in 2020 the UnitedStates will cease to be “a constitutional, democratic republic”.

That’s some pretty deplorable Nazi stuff right there.

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/fox-contributor-says-trump-losing-2020-election-would-be-a-coup-america-will-cease-to-be-a-constitutional-democratic-republic/

3 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Trump via his legion helpfully reminds us that if he loses the election in 2020 the UnitedStates will cease to be “a constitutional, democratic republic”.

That’s some pretty deplorable Nazi stuff funny shit right there.

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/fox-contributor-says-trump-losing-2020-election-would-be-a-coup-america-will-cease-to-be-a-constitutional-democratic-republic/

FTFY

2 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

The lunacy is logarithmic. What the hell is she smoking?

10 hours ago, Ishmael said:
10 hours ago, Fakenews said:

The lunacy is logarithmic. What the hell is she smoking?

Assuming she can deliver lines like that with a straight face, she has a bright future in stand-up comedy.

4 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Assuming she can deliver lines like that with a straight face, she has a bright future in stand-up comedy.

Exactly. She just has to deliver the lines. There’s only one person in the world who could have written it. Not her. 

5 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Exactly. She just has to deliver the lines. There’s only one person in the world who could have written it. Not her. 

Nah, I think she wrote it, she wants to be better at her job than any of the others.  The scary part is thinking she might believe it.  The terrifying thought is that 40% of the USA seem to believe it.

Trump to attend World Series but not throw first pitch.

Several things at work here

1) he knows he’d be mercilessly booed

2) He has no shot of getting it close to home plate

3) (He’s admitted this) The body armor he’d be forced to wear would make his already bloated body look YUGE.

4) The Nationals prefer local and national hero, trump critic, and all around good guy Jose Andres do the deed instead.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-trump-attend-world-series-sunday-lasts-long/story?id=66511528

Yes, Hooray for the Nationals for passing on Trump to throw out the ball. However, the ball was often just tossed from the dias by the president. Several were as morbidly obese as Trump but had far cheerier personalities. Plus they had earned at least a minimum level of respect among the population. Kennedy might have been the first to venture out to the mound. Dunno.

I thought it was opening day that the POTUS usually threw the first pitch (into the dirt).....

HW could throw a ball, and I'm guessing Obama could too....... Dunno about Bubba or W. Jimmy Carter could have just prayed it across the plate.

5 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

I thought it was opening day that the POTUS usually threw the first pitch (into the dirt).....

HW could throw a ball, and I'm guessing Obama could too....... Dunno about Bubba or W. Jimmy Carter could have just prayed it across the plate.

GWB did a pretty awesome job.

Reagan would have announced it. Nixon would have gotten caught trying to steal. Ford would have subbed in as a pinch runner.

2 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

GWB did a pretty awesome job.

Well... His Daddy was quite the ace back in college.... I think he was first base.... But also known as a very good fielder...

8 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

That’s hilarious 

The boo is a great tradition in baseball.  Sit behind the net/homeplate and let the rivals/locals understand the cost of the ridiculous amounts you pay for your beer.

Little don is in a special place.  

The party of Lincoln is waiting for this moment:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Et_tu,_Brute%3F

1 hour ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

you think @warbird is smart enough to be in on the joke?

I believe @warbird is as bright as a small appliance bulb. 

1 minute ago, Navig8tor said:

Early Edison not an LED.

all hot air, very little light.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

Early Edison not an LED.

Small flickering candle that should be snubbed out?

51 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I believe @warbird is as bright as a small appliance bulb. 

..... and the light is on, but no one’s home?

1 hour ago, Cal20sailor said:

Small flickering candle that should be snubbed out?

butter lamp. poor quality light, lots of soot, and it stinks. burning continuously in "devotion" to a god that doesn't give a shit.

Dim bulb, not an appliance bulb.

It's getting stranger by the day.

A property gospel televangelist and President Trump's long-time personal pastor, Paula White, has reportedly joined the White House in an official capacity. One official told The New York Times that White will be joining the Office of Public Liaison, advising the administration's Faith and Opportunity Initiative. The initiative, created last year, is devoted to giving religious groups more voice in certain matters like religious liberty and poverty. White has prayed at Trump's inauguration and rallies, once claiming that “demonic” news networks were aligning “against the calling of President Trump." She was investigated by the Senate in the late 2000s, along with other pastors, for allegedly participating in questionable fundraising practices under the guise of property gospel—which teaches that God blesses people through material wealth and other worldly gifts. The three-year probe ended in 2011, and investigators found no wrongdoing.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trumps-personal-pastor-paula-white-to-officially-join-white-house-nyt?ref=home

GettyImages-678613924_zzsn8f

Property-its a nice place to park your ill gotten gains, he just hired an in house expert besides I'm sure she looks great....... on her knees.

1 minute ago, Navig8tor said:

Property-its a nice place to park your ill gotten gains, he just hired an in house expert besides I'm sure she looks great....... on her knees.

Eww gross!

Looks like Kelly Annes's older sister.....

Even more Trump fun. Thought provoking.

Trump lures GOP senators on impeachment with cold cash

President Donald Trump is rewarding senators who have his back on impeachment — and sending a message to those who don't to get on board. 

Trump is tapping his vast fundraising network for a handful of loyal senators facing tough reelection bids in 2020. Each of them has signed onto a Republican-backed resolution condemning the inquiry as “unprecedented and undemocratic.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/31/trump-impeachment-senators-donor-062084

2 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Looks like Kelly Annes's older sister.....

Her teeth are too nice.

42 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Her teeth are too nice.

And conveniently removable.

Trump stated reason for residency change is that he’s  “been treated very unfairly”. Got me to thinking  - what’s wrong with this guy?  I don’t know a single person who thinks that way.  Other than the Joke I don’t think even our bots feel that way.

SAD!

15 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Trump stated reason for residency change is that he’s  “been treated very unfairly”. Got me to thinking  - what’s wrong with this guy?  I don’t know a single person who thinks that way.  Other than the Joke I don’t think even our bots feel that way.

SAD!

President Snowflake complains about being treated very unfairly (what is it with him and unnecessary modifiers?), then he comments about others doing the same.

Donald Trump says Meghan Markle takes bad press too 'personally': 'You have to be a little bit different than that'

3 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

President Snowflake complains about being treated very unfairly (what is it with him and unnecessary modifiers?),

When you only have 800 words to work with it's the only way to add some variety.

And in other news, Trump is going to saw California off and let it sink. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50284656

US President Donald Trump has threatened to cut federal funding for the wildfires sweeping California, in a Twitter spat with the state's governor.

Nearly 100,000 acres have been destroyed by wildfires in recent weeks, and thousands have been forced from their homes.

Mr Trump blamed Democratic governor Gavin Newsom, saying he had done a "terrible job of forest management".

Several of this year's major wildfires have burned in unforested areas.

"Every year, as the fire's (sic) rage & California burns, it is the same thing - and then he comes to the Federal Government for $$$ help. No more. Get your act together Governor," Mr Trump wrote on Twitter.

Mr Newsom, who has been highly critical of Mr Trump's environmental policies, responded: "You don't believe in climate change. You are excused from this conversation."

4 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Last chance for Trump's secret tax returns coming up soon at SCOTUS.  Can't imagine anyone but Clarence the Clown finding a way to adopt the 'fifth avenue shooting' argument.

https://apnews.com/dabe6ccc29a44028b52dc77fd51e9efd?utm_medium=AP&utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow

Clarence? You mean Bart?

5ebcc7b1242be91b4b667b3f33991dda.jpg

Appealing news

A U.S. appeals court on Monday (November 4) ruled that President Donald Trump's longtime accounting firm must hand over eight years of his tax returns to New York City prosecutors

9 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Last chance for Trump's secret tax returns coming up soon at SCOTUS.  Can't imagine anyone but Clarence the Clown finding a way to adopt the 'fifth avenue shooting' argument.

https://apnews.com/dabe6ccc29a44028b52dc77fd51e9efd?utm_medium=AP&utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow

Oh I think Alito could go for it too. He knows who the enemy is. 

On 10/31/2019 at 5:41 PM, Ishmael said:

Nice dead-eye smile.  She's probably just happy that Ivanka and Melania left a little botox in the syringe for her.