Sign in to follow this  
Shootist Jeff

I honestly thought the Cheeto Jesus couldn't sink any lower.

@Shootist Jeff I sure don’t want you caring for kids, or my dog with your laissez-faire attitude. “Just give em some food, spank em occasionally and send em on their way”. No need for sports, piano lessons, camps, school.” Neglect the hell out the little rugrats and if they don’t thrive they weren’t that strong anyways.

Bullshit with your “eventually” the nation will get it straight. We could have avoided billions of debt, lost foreign policy opportunities, millions of tons of carbon emissions, perhaps reduced racial animus and church burnings & assaults. 

Checks & balances are good, but people need to protect and cherish their country. Keeping traditions, moral tenets and standards is one way we defend our nation. 

You seem perfectly willing to allow a right wing spasm of hate, ineptitude and bullying to distort our path. I see this time as hurting not only our today, but our world, our environment, our society and our tomorrow.

• Like 12

32 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

@Shootist Jeff I sure don’t want you caring for kids, or my dog with your laissez-faire attitude. “Just give em some food, spank em occasionally and send em on their way”. No need for sports, piano lessons, camps, school.” Neglect the hell out the little rugrats and if they don’t thrive they weren’t that strong anyways.

Bullshit with your “eventually” the nation will get it straight. We could have avoided billions of debt, lost foreign policy opportunities, millions of tons of carbon emissions, perhaps reduced racial animus and church burnings & assaults. 

Checks & balances are good, but people need to protect and cherish their country. Keeping traditions, moral tenets and standards is one way we defend our nation. 

You seem perfectly willing to allow a right wing spasm of hate, ineptitude and bullying to distort our path. I see this time as hurting not only our today, but our world, our environment, our society and our tomorrow.

Well said; I could not have put it any better!!

34 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Nice theory but the same point was raised during Nixon's time and look where you are now.

He was a criminal but now you've got a stupid criminal.

I don't call that better & stronger.

Smarter and amoral-er?  

At least Nixon claimed he was a Quaker.  

11 minutes ago, Troglodytarum said:

rwvuxgqvua431.jpg

And once again, Republican humor fails without being true.  And even if it were true, are you saying it wasn't wrong to get the info?  

1 hour ago, Olsonist said:

I honestly thought Jeff couldn't sink any lower.

Well, he's the only one who started a thread on Incest on this hallowed site. Lower than that?

2 hours ago, Olsonist said:

I honestly thought Jeff couldn't sink any lower.

this is nothing compared to his vivid fantasys of defending a spouse from rape. this is just Jeffreauxs usual selfindulgent attention whore babbling where he goes from "I didn't think it could get lower" to "well, it's exactly what I thought would happen and I'm ok with it" in less than half a thread. Ultimately he's just another dickhead fatalist that thinks because he's made it he won't get burnt. which is why I hope he gets fucking torched.

If Trump were at the bottom of the Mariana trench, he could still go lower.

Understanding the depths of Gropenfuhrer is similar to  comprehending infinity.

No matter what you think is infinity, we can always put “2 X “ in front of it.

No matter what depths of depravity are imagined by the rest of us, Gropenfuhrer is the guy who wont hesitate to say , “Hold my beer and watch this.”

He has never failed 

6 hours ago, jzk said:

This is what you consider some kind of internet "win?"  I didn't remember something, so I asked when he said it?  Man you are a loser.

Every single post you make, makes you look stupid. 

Every single post where you attempt to defend the indefensible  And fail.

4 hours ago, random said:

Every single post you make, makes you look stupid. 

Every single post where you attempt to defend the indefensible  And fail.

He's actually Olsonists' alter ego. He does it just to make righties look stupid and have some fun at the same time.

16 minutes ago, Sean said:

He's actually Olsonists' alter ego. He does it just to make righties look stupid and have some fun at the same time.

I definitely didn't understand that although I admit to having a lot of fun (and putting a bit of effort into) my writing. Still, getting compared to the JizzKid isn't something you want on the internet résumé.

22 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

I definitely didn't understand that although I admit to having a lot of fun (and putting a bit of effort into) my writing. Still, getting compared to the JizzKid isn't something you want on the internet résumé.

Alter ego is probably the wrong term. Impersonate is better. Not meant to be derogatory at all, quite the contrary. 

• Like 1

A fairly appropriate statement, and opinion piece, giving the way the right is tracking on PA

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/06/ahmari-french-orban/591697/

The American creed has no more devoted adherents than those who have been historically denied its promises, and no more fair-weather friends than those who have taken them for granted

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

A fairly appropriate statement, and opinion piece, giving the way the right is tracking on PA

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/06/ahmari-french-orban/591697/

I am blown away when I hear the right talking about changing the constitution as casually as changing an employee handbook. How do things like that catch on?

22 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

No, I'm quite happy that the bitch is burning nicely.  I have faith in our democratic system of checks and balances.  The more it burns the more that will get tested and I truly believe something will have to give.  Either our representatives and more importantly the voters will eventually have to say "enough of this shit" and work to fundamentally address the status quo.  I believe our democracy will be far better off and stronger for having gone through it rather than continue to bump along the bottom.  

And..... if it does not survive trump, then it was never really that strong in the first place.  Trump is not an existential threat to our democracy.  He's too stupid and self-absorbed.  Its the next one after and the next one after that is the REAL threat if something doesn't change now.  Shitstain is simply the canary in the coal mine. 

If our democratic system is not strong enough to survive one narcissistic fuckwit, then we probably better start looking for an alternative now.  

Then we are well and truly fucked, because the Senate under Mitch McConnell and ever GOP member of the house has abrogated all responsibility for checking the executive.

And weren't you one of the ones that was OK with Trump "for the supreme court picks?"

Yeah, there goes check #2.

We are holding on by a thing majority in the house, and the GOP is doing everything they can to prevent a free and fair election on 2020.

So I hope you're enjoying your bonfire.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:
On 6/14/2019 at 2:03 AM, Shootist Jeff said:

...    ...     ... If our democratic system is not strong enough to survive one narcissistic fuckwit, then we probably better start looking for an alternative now.  

Then we are well and truly fucked, because the Senate under Mitch McConnell and ever GOP member of the house has abrogated all responsibility for checking the executive.

And weren't you one of the ones that was OK with Trump "for the supreme court picks?"

Yeah, there goes check #2.

We are holding on by a thing majority in the house, and the GOP is doing everything they can to prevent a free and fair election on 2020.

So I hope you're enjoying your bonfire.

It's all part of the grand delusion. "One narcissistic fuckwit" of course is shorthand for "one entire political party and 85% of it's voters being traitors on the level of the Vichy French"

Goes along with the delusion that "we got gunz so we can overthrow the gubbermint if it turns tyrannical" which of course is shorthand for "Democrat"

People of this same elk will glorify the USA's part in WW2 while almost simultaneously saying "There were good people on both sides" or perhaps "we shouldn't have been so quick to fight the Nazis, they never attacked us"

It's just not good sense to expect people like this to have anything worth while to say, whether it's on politics or history or music. They're not just pinheads, they're spiteful pinheadz with a sense of entitlement and a corporate-nourished belief that it will all have a happy ending.

-DSK

• Like 4

On 6/14/2019 at 6:55 PM, billy backstay said:
On 6/13/2019 at 6:19 PM, Shootist Jeff said:

Fuuuuuk! 

tommy-lee-jones-implied-face-palm.png

You wanted to "burn this bitch down"!  Are you happy now?

Yes.   Ecstatic in fact!  I'm just gobsmacked that he is so obvious about it.  Sadly this is the very definition of BTBD.  That trumples is so obvious about it hopefully wakes people the fuck up about what's going on in gov't.  So its a good thing!

On 6/14/2019 at 7:44 PM, SloopJonB said:

Nice theory but the same point was raised during Nixon's time and look where you are now.

He was a criminal but now you've got a stupid criminal.

I don't call that better & stronger.

I never said "trump" was better and stronger.  I said the resultant fallout from BTBD will make us better and stronger.  

1 hour ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I never said "trump" was better and stronger.  I said the resultant fallout from BTBD will make us better and stronger.  

So, how about defining "better and stronger"

It's pretty much eluding me.

I suppose you're envisioning the aftermath of another civil war? Who exactly is this "us" you expect to be "better and stronger"

-DSK

2 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

You missed the point (big surprise).

The "Better & Stronger" consequence of Nixon's burning of American Values resulted in Trump.

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

Who exactly is this "us" you expect to be "better and stronger"

-DSK

The people who voted for Trump.

3 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Yes.   Ecstatic in fact!  I'm just gobsmacked that he is so obvious about it.  Sadly this is the very definition of BTBD.  That trumples is so obvious about it hopefully wakes people the fuck up about what's going on in gov't.  So its a good thing!

I find it shocking and gravely disappointing, that you are an Ex-Service US armed forces pilot, and you are thrilled, rather than embarrassed, mortified and ashamed, that our once proud country has fallen to such a low level of abasement and corruption, in our Federal government, at the highest level.  I would move the fuck away from here, in a New York minute, to a more sane and level country, except for family ties here, and retirement investment vehicles, that require my direct attention every month..

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Troglodytarum said:

Funny you said NY.

The epitome of a corrupt leftist government.

With higher standards of living, longer lifespan, higher standard education, etc etc, than any of the MAGA red states..... not only that, net contributors to the Federal trough rather than takers, like most red states.

I guess paying into the system that supports gap-toothed Trumpettes getting repeat Narcan/Naloxone shots makes NY a "leftist state"

-DSK

• Like 2

On 6/14/2019 at 2:03 PM, Raz'r said:

Well, he's the only one who started a thread on Incest on this hallowed site. Lower than that?

I’ve been told that his musings on the Iraq war were pretty atrocious.  

6 hours ago, billy backstay said:

I find it shocking and gravely disappointing, that you are an Ex-Service US armed forces pilot, and you are thrilled, rather than embarrassed, mortified and ashamed, that our once proud country has fallen to such a low level of abasement and corruption, in our Federal government, at the highest level.  I would move the fuck away from here, in a New York minute, to a more sane and level country, except for family ties here, and retirement investment vehicles, that require my direct attention every month..

I am not thrilled at it.  I am however thrilled that the level of abasement and corruption is finally being recognized.  The first step to recovery is recognizing you have a problem.  The US has a problem and its been going on FAR longer than Trump has been in office.  If you think this is a 2016 and later issue, you are a bigger fool than I thought possible.  Trump is a symptom of our problems - not the cause.  

51 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I am not thrilled at it.  I am however thrilled that the level of abasement and corruption is finally being recognized.  The first step to recovery is recognizing you have a problem.  The US has a problem and its been going on FAR longer than Trump has been in office.  If you think this is a 2016 and later issue, you are a bigger fool than I thought possible.  Trump is a symptom of our problems - not the cause.  

Why do you hate America?

1 hour ago, Raz'r said:

Why do you hate America?

I don't at all.  Why do you?

6 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Have you figured out you are the problem yet asshole? Or are you still blaming everyone else?

6 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Have you figured out you are the problem yet asshole?

ASSHOLES never think they’re the problem. They have no self awareness.  Witness almost all Of the Trump voters.

• Like 2

Jeff:

I get your point. Trump is showing the country - and the world - the truth about America. 

We now know that:

1. Republicans are even worse than their stereotypes, being a bunch of racist sexist fascist-loving cretinous traitors is probably the nicest thing you could say about them.

2. Democrats are a bunch of disorganized fools running around 15 different directions who managed to put up a candidate with more baggage than United Airlines.

3. All that separation of powers bullshit we learned about in civics class is a bad joke. The Republican Senators pretty much doesn't care and got probably the worst candidate ever seen through to the Supreme Court. We all know that a crybaby that goes on about I LIKE BEER is truly judge material.

So please answer this:
1. What constrains Trump internally? Does he have anything resembling a moral philosophy? What would he NOT do? He apparently is utterly immune to shame.

2. What constrains him externally? What would the Republicans NOT sign off on or ignore? What would he have to do to get impeached by the Republican Senate? Is there ANYTHING that is too low, even for them? Is Putin yanking his leash the ONLY thing that keeps him from going off the deep end?

3. We have seen this scenario with burning bitches many times in history. Most of those times turned into an utter disaster. Enough people got tired of the Weimar Republic to burn that bitch down. Dresden and Hamburg burned real good!

• Like 6

We did have an unusual last week,   Republicans forced Trump to make nice with Mexico and agree to try and negotiate an i. immigration deal someday if he’s still mad.   Trump preferred to crash the economy.    This is almost the first time the Republican Senatburo has stood up to its superior, the Executive Branch.  Though accepting dirt from foreign intelligence services has been tacitly accepted as business as usual for Republicans in power, crashing the US economy is (for now) discouraged. 

We had a second unusual event.    We blamed Iran for an attack on ships supplying a once ally (Japanese operated, Panama and Marshal Islands flagged, not sure who owns them)  We are pledged to defend Japan and its security.    Nobody believed us, or was surprised when we didn’t honor our protection agreement.    This says a lot about our standing in the world.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Lark said:

Nobody believed us, or was surprised when we didn’t honor our protection agreement.    This says a lot about our standing in the world.

Only a fool would trust the USA anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lark said:

We did have an unusual last week,   Republicans forced Trump to make nice with Mexico and agree to try and negotiate an i. immigration deal someday if he’s still mad.   Trump preferred to crash the economy.    This is almost the first time the Republican Senatburo has stood up to its superior, the Executive Branch.  Though accepting dirt from foreign intelligence services has been tacitly accepted as business as usual for Republicans in power, crashing the US economy is (for now) discouraged. 

We had a second unusual event.    We blamed Iran for an attack on ships supplying a once ally (Japanese operated, Panama and Marshal Islands flagged, not sure who owns them)  We are pledged to defend Japan and its security.    Nobody believed us, or was surprised when we didn’t honor our protection agreement.    This says a lot about our LACK OF standing in the world.

FIFY M8! You're welcome!

1 hour ago, Lark said:

crashing the US economy is (for now) discouraged. 

au contraire. they want to slow the crash of the economy down so they, and the best americans, can loot it a bit more before they get kicked out for the fall guy.

45 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

au contraire. they want to slow the crash of the economy down so they, and the best americans, can loot it a bit more before they get kicked out for the fall guy.

The One Percent Got $21 Trillion Richer Since 1989. The Bottom 50 Got Poorer.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/06/the-fed-just-released-a-damning-indictment-of-capitalism.html

Excerpt -

Happily, the Federal Reserve just released some data that makes the state of this alignment easier to gauge. In its new Distributive Financial Accountsdata series, the central bank offers a granular picture of how American capitalism has been distributing the gains of economic growth over the past three decades. Matt Bruenig of the People’s Policy Project took the Fed’s data and calculated how much the respective net worth of America’s top one percent and its bottom 50 percent has changed since 1989.

He found that America’s superrich have grown about $21 trillion richer since Taylor Swift was born, while those in the bottom half of the wealth distribution have grown $900 billion poorer.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sean said:

The One Percent Got $21 Trillion Richer Since 1989. The Bottom 50 Got Poorer.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/06/the-fed-just-released-a-damning-indictment-of-capitalism.html

Excerpt -

Happily, the Federal Reserve just released some data that makes the state of this alignment easier to gauge. In its new Distributive Financial Accountsdata series, the central bank offers a granular picture of how American capitalism has been distributing the gains of economic growth over the past three decades. Matt Bruenig of the People’s Policy Project took the Fed’s data and calculated how much the respective net worth of America’s top one percent and its bottom 50 percent has changed since 1989.

He found that America’s superrich have grown about $21 trillion richer since Taylor Swift was born, while those in the bottom half of the wealth distribution have grown $900 billion poorer.

America’s true entitlement class. 

Their greed really is insatiable.

Time for the pitchforks and torches to come out.

Again.

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

Their greed really is insatiable.

Time for the pitchforks and torches to come out.

Again.

Hasn’t been a tar and feathering in quite awhile

Far too long.

Of course it would be difficult to find people strong enough to haul the shitstain's lard ass out of D.C. on a rail.

5 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

Hasn’t been a tar and feathering in quite awhile

This..it's timeless.

17 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Only a fool would trust the USA anymore.

Sad BUT True .

On 6/16/2019 at 4:40 PM, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Have you figured out you are the problem yet asshole? Or are you still blaming everyone else?

I'm NOT blaming everyone else.  I'm blaming you.

On 6/16/2019 at 4:49 PM, Fakenews said:

ASSHOLES never think they’re the problem. They have no self awareness.  Witness almost all Of the Trump voters.

Gaytor, coming from you.... that literally is probably one of the funniest things I've read all year!  No I'm serious....

9 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I'm NOT blaming everyone else.  I'm blaming you.

True. Without liberal assholes like me all those people in flyover country would have voted for someone other than shitstain. And without me, Republicans in Congress would be willing to provide oversight of shitstain and curb his bad impulses. And I'm the reason you can't read or learn.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2019 at 6:09 PM, kent_island_sailor said:

Jeff:

I get your point. Trump is showing the country - and the world - the truth about America. 

We now know that:

1. Republicans are even worse than their stereotypes, being a bunch of racist sexist fascist-loving cretinous traitors is probably the nicest thing you could say about them.

2. Democrats are a bunch of disorganized fools running around 15 different directions who managed to put up a candidate with more baggage than United Airlines.

3. All that separation of powers bullshit we learned about in civics class is a bad joke. The Republican Senators pretty much doesn't care and got probably the worst candidate ever seen through to the Supreme Court. We all know that a crybaby that goes on about I LIKE BEER is truly judge material.

So please answer this:
1. What constrains Trump internally? Does he have anything resembling a moral philosophy? What would he NOT do? He apparently is utterly immune to shame.  No, I don't believe he does.  So likely nothing internally.

2. What constrains him externally? What would the Republicans NOT sign off on or ignore? What would he have to do to get impeached by the Republican Senate? Is there ANYTHING that is too low, even for them? Is Putin yanking his leash the ONLY thing that keeps him from going off the deep end?  There is more externally than just the GOP senators.  I think the SCOTUS for one.  Roberts certainly wouldn't go over to the dark side.  But there is a D congress and that is already constraining him.  If it gets REALLY bad, I honestly believe with all my heart the military will constrain him, by simply saying no.  But more importantly, ideally the people will constrain him in our system.  They will have seen enough of the bitch on fire to know they don't want any more of that.  And they will vote those senators out, eventually.  And they will demand that the corrupt system that ONLY works for corporate humans be changed.  In fact the burning of the bitches, in my mind, is MOSTLY to wake people the fuck up to what's really going on.

3. We have seen this scenario with burning bitches many times in history. Most of those times turned into an utter disaster. Enough people got tired of the Weimar Republic to burn that bitch down. Dresden and Hamburg burned real good!  If the American people don't wake up to what's going on and start taking responsibility for how fucked up we have become, and I mean far more than just fucked up with trump, then maybe we don't deserve saving afterall.  

Just saying.

19 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Just saying.

Why would you want the military to "Constrain" him? I don't see a constitutional role for them in that way. Talk about Deep State! Holy Shit!

Other than refusing an illegal order (and those are damn hard to identify ex-ante) - what other "Constraint" do you envision?

8 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Why would you want the military to "Constrain" him? I don't see a constitutional role for them in that way. Talk about Deep State! Holy Shit!

Other than refusing an illegal order (and those are damn hard to identify ex-ante) - what other "Constraint" do you envision?

Well once we get the military to ignoring orders they don't like, it might be a thing that we wish we could stop. It can cut both ways, they can NOT do things they are asked to and they can DO things they are not asked to.

The better choice would have been a sane president :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I thought I was the only one who didn't see how a military coup to save US democracy made any sense. The only way to keep the US from becoming a banana republic is to go full banana republic!

16 minutes ago, Raz'r said:
39 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Just saying.

Because "constrain" implies that he doing something wrong and illegal.  KIS's whole scenario above was how do you "constrain" someone if no one is willing to step up to do it.  He even invoked Nazi Germany as an example.  In that case, the military would play a YUGE role in constraining it.  

If however by constrain, you actually meant someone stopping him from doing something you find distasteful or something you don't agree with, well tough shit.  

8 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Because "constrain" implies that he doing something wrong and illegal.  KIS's whole scenario above was how do you "constrain" someone if no one is willing to step up to do it.  He even invoked Nazi Germany as an example.  In that case, the military would play a YUGE role in constraining it.  

If however by constrain, you actually meant someone stopping him from doing something you find distasteful or something you don't agree with, well tough shit.  

You know the Nazi takeover of Germany was legal, right? It was distasteful and lots of people didn't agree with it - but it was legalhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enabling_Act_of_1933

anyways - good to see you still prefer a rightwing dictator to agreeing with people you think are liberal. that's on brand for you

7 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

You know the Nazi takeover of Germany was legal, right? It was distasteful and lots of people didn't agree with it - but it was legalhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enabling_Act_of_1933

anyways - good to see you still prefer a rightwing dictator to agreeing with people you think are liberal. that's on brand for you

I'm curious, how did you get I "prefer a rightwing dictator" out of anything I said.  In fact, I pretty much said exactly the opposite.  Are you Day drinking?

2 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

You know the Nazi takeover of Germany was legal, right? It was distasteful and lots of people didn't agree with it - but it was legal.

Yep the Nazis were dismantling their Democracy long before war broke out they did so legally.

Now witness the R’s ignoring congressional subpoenas, a once autonomous DOJ squarely behind Donnie and sleazebag Mitch actively disrupting even running interference in what should be an open and transparent democratic process combined with Donnie talking up extending his term, I’d be getting nervous.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

You know the Nazi takeover of Germany was legal, right? It was distasteful and lots of people didn't agree with it - but it was legal.

Madison Square Garden 1939 -

8C5976F2-C35E-4988-9DAD-311E87D7D3B5.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Sean said:

I know there was an event at Madison Square Garden. I posted a video of it. On the middle of your pic on the middle left that sure looks like Herr Adolph to me, what do you think?

6 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I know there was an event at Madison Square Garden. I posted a video of it. On the middle of your pic on the middle left that sure looks like Herr Adolph to me, what do you think?

Right you are, good catch. 

Try this -

2ED45621-C0B4-4E5D-91AD-672C7B051F33.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Sean said:

Right you are, good catch. 

Try this -

2ED45621-C0B4-4E5D-91AD-672C7B051F33.jpeg

That's the one. What bothered me was how big it was.

Edit to add: I love "Stop Jewish Domination of Christian America"

• Like 1

Just now, badlatitude said:

Over 20k. 

Lakewood Church, Houston - 50k

6D09DDB0-2AA5-4E04-A104-707B18C78FC0.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Sean said:

Over 20k. 

Lakewood Church, Houston - 50k

6D09DDB0-2AA5-4E04-A104-707B18C78FC0.jpeg

I am at a loss for words.

1 hour ago, Navig8tor said:

Yep the Nazis were dismantling their Democracy long before war broke out they did so legally.

Now witness the R’s ignoring congressional subpoenas, a once autonomous DOJ squarely behind Donnie and sleazebag Mitch actively disrupting even running interference in what should be an open and transparent democratic process combined with Donnie talking up extending his term, I’d be getting nervous.

Don't worry man, when shit got really bad - millions imprisoned in concentration camps, millions of German war dead, day/night bombing of German citys, an allied invasion of France that made clear it was a no win situation - some of the German officer corps decided they'd had enough of Hitler and tried to kill him with a bomb in 1944.

1 hour ago, Shootist Jeff said:

If it's "Wrong" I would really hope the Military executes the orders. They report to the CiC after all, and we don't need a coup just because the Prez is an idiot and/or "wrong"

I'm curious as to how to determine the "Illegal" option. The Military can't go to the Supremes. They can't go to the Attorney General. Yes, they have their own counsel, but that counsel doesn't Trump the Presidents counsel. It wasn't that long ago that Yoo was opining on torture and Guantanamo - and guess what, the military and Intel agencies went along with it. That's the closest thing I can think of, that while clearly illegal in hindsight, were orders carried out nonetheless.  And rightly so.

The Military being the ultimate check on a President is a damn slippery slope, and clearly "extra" constitutional. If it ever happens, you might as well rip up that quaint piece of paper because the concepts in it will have already been destroyed.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Don't worry man, when shit got really bad - millions imprisoned in concentration camps, millions of German war dead, day/night bombing of German citys, an allied invasion of France that made clear it was a no win situation - some of the German officer corps decided they'd had enough of Hitler and tried to kill him with a bomb in 1944.

Hitler survived the attempt and as I recall it didn't end to well for the officers concerned.

What does concern me is Hitler was appointed Chancellor in 1932 and he went on to successfully outmaneuver the German conservatives who had appointed him in constitutionally questionable circumstances,  he held on to that power for 13 years and 70-85 million people died .

Think we are entering constitutionally questionable circumstances, once again and that should not be allowed to happen...... but it is.

Don't think donnie has an appetite for killing, but making a killing............... perhaps.

11 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

Hitler survived the attempt and as I recall it didn't end to well for the officers concerned.

What does concern me is Hitler was appointed Chancellor in 1932 and he went on to successfully outmaneuver the German conservatives who had appointed him in constitutionally questionable circumstances,  he held on to that power for 13 years and 70-85 million people died .

Think we are entering constitutionally questionable circumstances, once again and that should not be allowed to happen...... but it is.

Don't think donnie has an appetite for killing, but making a killing............... perhaps.

No one thought Hitler had an appetite for killing.

2 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

I thought I was the only one who didn't see how a military coup to save US democracy made any sense. The only way to keep the US from becoming a banana republic is to go full banana republic!

The village had to be destroyed in order to save it.

2 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Correct. He just roughed up the people who "needed" roughing up - the commies, gays, disabled,  gypsies, jews - and made the fatherland great again for good germans to prosper and be wealthy. It was only once the war began he ramped up the killing machine.

1 hour ago, Sean said:

At first I wondered who took a black & white pic of a Trump rally.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, badlatitude said:

Edit to add: I love "Stop Jewish Domination of Christian America"

And here, 80 years later they're STILL doing it. :ph34r:

24 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Agree, what concerns me is the number of lieutenants that Donnie has that would not see that as a problem.

Visions of Steven Miller offering Donnie a solution to the immigration issue for example.

6 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

Agree, what concerns me is the number of lieutenants that Donnie has that would not see that as a problem.

Visions of Steven Miller offering Donnie a solution to the immigration issue for example.

Yes, it was Hitler's lieutenants who devised the medical experiments, propaganda, and the great solution. He was like Donnie in his weakness to let them have their way because he thought they were capable.

5 hours ago, Raz'r said:

If it's "Wrong" I would really hope the Military executes the orders. They report to the CiC after all, and we don't need a coup just because the Prez is an idiot and/or "wrong"

I'm curious as to how to determine the "Illegal" option. The Military can't go to the Supremes. They can't go to the Attorney General. Yes, they have their own counsel, but that counsel doesn't Trump the Presidents counsel. It wasn't that long ago that Yoo was opining on torture and Guantanamo - and guess what, the military and Intel agencies went along with it. That's the closest thing I can think of, that while clearly illegal in hindsight, were orders carried out nonetheless.  And rightly so.

The Military being the ultimate check on a President is a damn slippery slope, and clearly "extra" constitutional. If it ever happens, you might as well rip up that quaint piece of paper because the concepts in it will have already been destroyed.

The military is not supposed to be a check on the president. That's not how this works. That's what Congress is for.

Whoa!...... Weirdly....... This whole thread just went blank except for the submit box......

5 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Whoa!...... Weirdly....... This whole thread just went blank except for the submit box......

I think #B.J. Porter might have something to do with that. This is instance #2.

1 hour ago, justsomeguy! said:

That's what happens when you fall asleep with your nose on the Enter key.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Ishmael said:
22 hours ago, justsomeguy! said:

That's what happens when you fall asleep with your nose on the Enter key.

Well that was fucked up.

I think it was the Pro Writing Aid plugin I installed yesterday. It seems to freak out when I quote someone.

It's disable on this site now.

6 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

...Pro Writing Aid plugin I installed yesterday.

Dang. I was hopin' it was your nose.

On 6/17/2019 at 1:06 PM, Navig8tor said:

Donnie dRumpf certainly has an appetite for killing - or at least causing death.  Look at the Central Park 5 and his vicious calls for hatred and execution.  He meant it.  Look at his rallies.  He delights in creating violence.  

But he won't do it himself.  He is disgusted by blood and hates personal contact.   In many ways he is a puritan, so confident in his superiority and "rightness", the suffering of others is just the natural response to their worthlessness and baseness.  

But piled up civilian bodies on the border or the street of Tehran?  They should have been smarter.  

34 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Well that was fucked up.

I think it was the Pro Writing Aid plugin I installed yesterday. It seems to freak out when I quote someone.

It's disable on this site now.

Aids strikes another victim......

Glad you didn't stroke out and face plant on your keyboard!