Sign in to follow this  
ajbram

Where is Peerless now?

Last saw her as Dark Horse (aka Sparkle Pony) in Bayfield WI last summer. I think the owners at that time had bitten off more than they could chew. Heard she has been sold, but wonder where/who?

Brian's a much better yard manager than he is sailor.

Think about the above line, he's pissed off if I reversed the order.  (Shhhhhhh, he's really good at both)

Peerless is in Sheboygan Wisconsin. Getting ready to do a little more sailing with an awesome new owner and some crew that have been around the block a few times.

Gonna be good to see it back in action.

Not sure about the other comment on here....I'm definitely average at one and remarkably average at the other but I'm not sure in which order.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, fetzer24 said:

Peerless is in Sheboygan Wisconsin. Getting ready to do a little more sailing with an awesome new owner and some crew that have been around the block a few times.

Gonna be good to see it back in action.

Not sure about the other comment on here....I'm definitely average at one and remarkably average at the other but I'm not sure in which order.

They're not far from Bayfield. Should bring her up for race week!

Has the name reverted to Peerless?

On 6/21/2019 at 9:22 AM, ajbram said:

They're not far from Bayfield. Should bring her up for race week!

Has the name reverted to Peerless?

It’s still in the shed getting sorted. I doubt it’ll be ready by next week. 

29 minutes ago, Monkey said:

It’s still in the shed getting sorted. I doubt it’ll be ready by next week. 

Too bad. We would have loved to see them there.

She came out for the first time yesterday. It was a hilarious shakedown sail, though no fault of their own. We all left the dock with a nice 15 gusting to 20. Then it promptly went to 30 sustained. Not exactly the right breeze to get a feel for that toy. To their credit, they managed the monster without breaking anything. Even the IOR bus I was on didn’t like that breeze. 

15 hours ago, Monkey said:

She came out for the first time yesterday. It was a hilarious shakedown sail, though no fault of their own. We all left the dock with a nice 15 gusting to 20. Then it promptly went to 30 sustained. Not exactly the right breeze to get a feel for that toy. To their credit, they managed the monster without breaking anything. Even the IOR bus I was on didn’t like that breeze. 

Glad she's back on the water. Do they have any regatta plans this year?

6 hours ago, ajbram said:

Glad she's back on the water. Do they have any regatta plans this year?

Not sure, but I doubt it this year. From what I understand, the game plan is to let SEAS use it as a teaching platform for go fast keel boat sailing. Not entirely sure that’s a good idea, but we’ll see. I haven’t asked the owner what his plans are outside of that. 

Regardless, both the owner and SEAS have great track records of taking care of their toys, so it’s in good hands while they figure things out. 

GTFP!!

Congrats to the Team. 1st "big" race overall.

The Legend lives on....

https://yachtscoring.com/event_results_detail.cfm?Race_Number=1&eID=11850

Clipper Cup Racing
  PHRF Division
    PHRF - Spinnaker 1  
    1   sm_none_5.png  USA 110 Peerless Melges 30 Jason Bemis   24.0 07/Aug/20 - 17:46:59 0:09:11:59 00:08:45:13 1 1
    2   sm_none_5.png  USA 50048 Main Street J/145 Bill and Jean Schanen   -18.0 07/Aug/20 - 17:19:27 0:08:44:27 00:09:04:31 2 2
    3   sm_none_5.png  USA 406 Usual Suspects Farr 400 Eric Wynsma   -18.0 07/Aug/20 - 17:24:12 0:08:49:12 00:09:09:16 3 3
    4   sm_none_5.png  USA 54375 Lady K J133 Mike Stewart   15.0 07/Aug/20 - 18:08:20 0:09:33:20 00:09:16:36 4 4
    5   sm_none_5.png  USA 52791 GAUNTLET NEW ENGLAND BOATWORKS william woodwoth guy hiestand   -51.0 07/Aug/20 - 17:35:58 0:09:00:58 00:09:57:50 5 10
    6   sm_none_5.png  USA 43996 Vivienne NM 43 Tom Tabor   3.0 07/Aug/20 - 18:41:37 0:10:06:37 00:10:03:16 6 13

PHRF - Spinnaker 2
  • Like 1

That boat just doesn’t know when to quit!  (Well, except for when shit breaks). Meanwhile, where’s its arch nemesis, the Cone?

23 hours ago, Monkey said:

That boat just doesn’t know when to quit!  (Well, except for when shit breaks). Meanwhile, where’s its arch nemesis, the Cone?

The Cone was NEVER a nemesis. i believe there were two Mac races where they went head to head.

the FREAKIN' PEERLESS crushed the Cone. Perhaps offshore, it would be a different story, BUT...

5 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

The Cone was NEVER a nemesis. i believe there were two Mac races where they went head to head.

the FREAKIN' PEERLESS crushed the Cone. Perhaps offshore, it would be a different story, BUT...

Dammit B, I’m just having fun talking shit!  Just trying to coerce that little red thing to come out of retirement and take a shot at the title!  :D

edit:  just to be clear, they’re two of my favorite boats!

On 8/8/2020 at 2:45 PM, Monkey said:

The Cone is still in covered storage in the Boston area. It almost made an appearance this year until the Trump Virus killed any hopes of that...