Mid

Megan Rapinoe

3 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

she cute, but I wouldn’t call her an athlete

No athlete, but she's one of the Instagram fitness girls, or was until she started playing goalie for some soccer star.  

You guys are only talking about US TV ratings.

BTW, FIFA sets the prize money.

Eh, no big deal to me. She has her freedom to diss the flag of the country that gives her that freedom. I simply didn't watch any of it. 

26 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

Sorry Mister Minister, but the USWNT is suing the US Soccer not FIFA. Their employer is US Soccer and not FIFA. US broadcast revenue accrues to US Soccer which then pays FIFA. You can read about that here:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/5763925-C-D-Cal-2-19-Cv-01717-1-0.html

https://www.ussoccer.com/media-services/faqs-world-cup-qualifying-tv-rights

20 minutes ago, Movable Ballast said:

Eh, no big deal to me. She has her freedom to diss the flag of the country that gives her that freedom. I simply didn't watch any of it. 

Show me where she "dissed" the flag.  Which, in any event,  is a symbol of rebellion not conformity.

And, by proudly "not watching", you were choosing to not support the representatives of this country in an international competition for your own petty reasons.  That seems like dissing the flag to me.

• Like 5

On 7/9/2019 at 2:03 PM, MakePHRFGreatAgain said:

Rapinhoe is a  cheap cunt with shitty hair. 

Glad to see you are on your way to getting flicked again.  But you're so desperate for attention that you'll make yet another account.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saorsa said:

it's a gift how you manage to be stupid and ill-informed about everything.

trying to figure out exactly where the hate for this person comes from. which is it?

a. she likes women

b. she dislikes the potus

c. she's outspoken

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, aA said:

trying to figure out exactly where the hate for this person comes from. which is it?

a. she likes women

c. she's outspoken

d. The team she is on won without Russian help. 

Credit to Robert Reich  

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

it's a gift how you manage to be stupid and ill-informed about everything.

A level of perfection seldom seen these days.

Rapinoe is fucking awesome!

3 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:
3 hours ago, aA said:

a. she likes women

c. she's outspoken

d. The team she is on won without Russian help. 

Credit to Robert Reich  

e. She scores without having to pay $130,000.

Credit to another Anarchist, whose name escapes me.

5 hours ago, aA said:

a. she likes women

c. she's outspoken

f. competent powerful women are a threat

15 hours ago, Olsonist said:

Sorry Mister Minister, but the USWNT is suing the US Soccer not FIFA. Their employer is US Soccer and not FIFA. US broadcast revenue accrues to US Soccer which then pays FIFA. You can read about that here:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/5763925-C-D-Cal-2-19-Cv-01717-1-0.html

https://www.ussoccer.com/media-services/faqs-world-cup-qualifying-tv-rights

As I said FIFA sets the prize money for the world cup.  I'm not sure what your point is.

Professional Women's sports worldwide and in the US does simply does not bring in the money that men's does.  Here is the word on TV revenue

Formed in 2012 after the collapse of two previous attempts at a women’s pro soccer league, the NWSL is working to establish a consistent revenue model. The NWSL lists just four major sponsors Opens a New Window. on its website, plus a new partnership with Budweiser announced this month, and lacks a television deal for the full length of its season.

The MLS, which was established in 1995, lists 21 corporate sponsors Opens a New Window. on its website, including top brands such as Coca-Cola and Home Depot. The league’s current broadcast rights deal with ESPN, Fox and Univision was valued at $90 million, the largest deal in MLS history. MLS averaged an attendance of more than 21,000 fans per game for its 2018 season, compared to an average of just over 6,000 per game for the NWSL.

The NWSL and its counterpart, Major League Soccer, do not disclose their annual revenue. However, the NWSL operated with a salary cap of $421,000 for each of its nine teams during the 2019 season, with a minimum player salary of just $16,538 and a maximum salary of $46,200. The league relies at least partially on subsidies from U.S. Soccer, which covers pay for national team players.

Those who are actually any good will be rewarded through appearance and sponsorship money in accordance with their abilities on the field and in business.

Sounds like they don't have much of a product except for a spectacular every couple of years and their bargaining agents aren't any good at the business end.

11 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

As I said FIFA sets the prize money for the world cup.  I'm not sure what your point is.

THE WOMENS TEAM GETS PAID BY US SOCCER, NOT FIFA. US SOCCER MAKES APPROXIMATELY EQUAL MONEY FROM USMNT AND USWNT.

NWSL != USWNT. 

Now for once can you just admit you were fucking wrong? Or are you going to bullshit some more so we can laugh at you?

1 hour ago, Saorsa said:

Blah blah blah.

Again, the USWNT doesn't work for FIFA and the issue isn't the prize money from FIFA. If that were the case the USMNT would be working for free.

I'm a fan of athletic females. Young good looking gals in particular. Rapinoe is fine, Morgan better, and most of the Swedish team better yet.

I care not a whit about their politics tho I agree Rump needs a good kick in the nads.

But equal pay? Get real please. There's just 5 or 10 exciting minutes in a 90 minute match. The rest is exercise. And our gals are fine against other women. Could they beat a decent boys high school team? Maybe. NCAA champs? Hmmm. I doubt it. Any mens pro club? FUCK NO.

There are many many great and good looking "pro" softball players. A bunch could maybe play in the bigs in the infield, doubtful but maybe, but none can hit big league pitching.  Wanna talk hoops? Boxing? Tennis? Golf?

Didn't think so.  I remain a lifelong fan of the working girl. 

Pragmatism. It's good fer what ails ye.

14 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

... But equal pay? Get real please. ...

Do you think that Shawn Mendes also deserves more than Taylor Swift? It comes down to the stone cold fact that the USWNT is outperforming the USMNT and drawing more fans as a result. Equal pay would be being kind to the dudes. They didn't even make the World Cup last cycle, losing to Trinidad and Tobago, a country we are 238 times the size of. The USMNT broadcast revenues are just smaller.

Somebody's getting a participation trophy here and it ain't the chicks.

• Like 1

Snoop got on a roll on this topic and the bottle cap challenge.  He's damn funny when he gets in a haze, which is to say that he's one funny dude all the damn time.

4 hours ago, Olsonist said:

Again, the USWNT doesn't work for FIFA and the issue isn't the prize money from FIFA. If that were the case the USMNT would be working for free.

Nope, but that's the entertainment business.  If they could convince a hundred million Americans that soccer was entertaining they might have a chance.

If you would like to work your way through the linkages of the highly rewarded non-profits that operate most sports feel free to do do.

I'm guessing there's a lot of title 9 money those ladies could soak up coaching non-profit college teams and their non-profit supporters clubs to top up their endorsement money.

24 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

Nope, but that's the entertainment business.  If they could convince a hundred million Americans that soccer was entertaining they might have a chance.

Are you referring to the men or the women? They outdrew the men's World Cup Final, you know, the World Cup the USMNT wasn't even in. Math is not your friend. That leaves?

24 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

I'm guessing there's a lot of title 9 money those ladies could soak up coaching non-profit college teams 

:lol::lol: god you are stupid and vindictive old cunt.

Again: the Women make the same amount for the people who pay them - US Soccer - as the men do. US Soccer pays the men more than the women. 

6 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Again: the Women make the same amount for the people who pay them - US Soccer - as the men do. US Soccer pays the men more than the women. 

That statement makes no sense. women make the same amount as men but then you say the men make more.

If they want to be paid the same, then play against the men and we'll see how you fair or have mixed teams.

7 minutes ago, Meat Wad said:

That statement makes no sense. women make the same amount as men but then you say the men make more.

You don't understand the difference between how much money you make for the boss and how much the boss pays you?

Just now, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

You don't understand the difference between how much money you make for the boss and how much the boss pays you?

No one gives a shit, you picked your job, if you are not happy, change jobs.

24 minutes ago, Meat Wad said:

No one gives a shit, you picked your job, if you are not happy, change jobs.

You really don't understand English very well, do you?

4 hours ago, Olsonist said:

Are you referring to the men or the women? They outdrew the men's World Cup Final, you know, the World Cup the USMNT wasn't even in. Math is not your friend. That leaves?

Law school.

5 hours ago, Olsonist said:

Do you think that Shawn Mendes also deserves more than Taylor Swift? It comes down to the stone cold fact that the USWNT is outperforming the USMNT and drawing more fans as a result. Equal pay would be being kind to the dudes. They didn't even make the World Cup last cycle, losing to Trinidad and Tobago, a country we are 238 times the size of. The USMNT broadcast revenues are just smaller.

Somebody's getting a participation trophy here and it ain't the 

Had to Google Mendes and no. Course not. 

Back to my point, tho, I got  a Benjamin sez, the Trinadad OR FUCKING TABAGO mens team could stomp the living fuck out of our wonderful womens team. The men are faster, heavier, taller, physically tougher by far. 

Not smarter tho. Women are smarter than us overall no question. I could give many examples but here's one: Alex Morgan made $450k in 2015. 

That's not really the point. I got a stack of internet Benjamins that says the USWNT could stomp you or me, or you and me. The fact is USWNT outdraw the USMNT. They bring in more revenue. You want to talk Benjamins, talk broadcast revenue. Seriously, the USMNT could get past T+T with the World Cup qualification on the line.

13 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

That's not really the point. I got a stack of internet Benjamins that says the USWNT could stomp you or me, or you and me. The fact is USWNT outdraw the USMNT. They bring in more revenue. You want to talk Benjamins, talk broadcast revenue. Seriously, the USMNT could get past T+T with the World Cup qualification on the line.

The USMNT couldn’t even beat Mexico on Sunday night at Soldier Field. I don’t know if you’ve heard who Mexico sends when they send people here....

• Like 2

Tijuana taxi drivers that my mom could whip?

Every game played by the USMNT against Mexico in the US is an away game ... for the US. The Gold Cup Final at Soldier Field was no exception. I went to a friendly between Mexico and the USMNT in Tempe. The stadium was at least 7/8ths Mexico fans. I was with a group intended to counter that called American Outlaws which is quasi-hooligan. The Mexican fans were much more knowledgable. Also, there were a lot of female Mexican fans. AO was 95% male. The match ended in a draw.

I've got more ideas than Liz Warren but I can't get a handle on sports or entertainment salaries. My 2016 presidential run platform, if you recall, and dogballs can likely quote, is we tax the living fuck out of people (corporations too) over some red line in the sand amount. All the money these incredibly talented people produce, comes straight from us. They can't possibly spend it all. 

Say it with me: REDUCE THE NATIONAL DEBT.

29 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Tijuana taxi drivers that my mom could whip?

Every game played by the USMNT against Mexico in the US is an away game ... for the US. The Gold Cup Final at Soldier Field was no exception. I went to a friendly between Mexico and the USMNT in Tempe. The stadium was at least 7/8ths Mexico fans. I was with a group intended to counter that called American Outlaws which is quasi-hooligan. The Mexican fans were much more knowledgable. Also, there were a lot of female Mexican fans. AO was 95% male. The match ended in a draw.

This is why Trump wants to know who these fans are and where they live.

1 hour ago, Blue Crab said:

Had to Google Mendes and no. Course not. 

Back to my point, tho, I got  a Benjamin sez, the Trinadad OR FUCKING TABAGO mens team could stomp the living fuck out of our wonderful womens team. The men are faster, heavier, taller, physically tougher by far. 

Not smarter tho. Women are smarter than us overall no question. I could give many examples but here's one: Alex Morgan made $450k in 2015. 

Tobago.... Not Tabago.

And the Soca Warriors are a force to be reckoned with, But I think the USWT could give them a run for their money. If Dwight Yorke was still playing...... Maybe.....

The other thing about the "gals" is are they really women? I saw an Espy clip where Wombach was wearing a tux, ffs, and a shorter kid wore a bowtie. Are we watching evillution right in front of our eyes? Can they breed?

IDK. 

3 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

The other thing about the "gals" is are they really women? I saw an Espy clip where Wombach was wearing a tux, ffs, and a shorter kid wore a bowtie. Are we watching evillution right in front of our eyes? Can they breed?

IDK. 

Why don't you try grabbing their pussy, and find out the hard way?

14 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Why don't you try grabbing their pussy, and find out the hard way?

Ok. I've done dumber things an I'm still here. If yer gonna be dumb ye better be tough.

Edit: you said pussy, not pussies. Do those two only have one between them?

IDK

7 hours ago, Olsonist said:

They both signed contracts to play games for the same organization.  If they are that great, withdraw from the organization, set up a women's soccer federation and negotiate with FIFA to enter the world cup.

They may well have outdrawn the FIFA world cup in the  US.  But worldwide Only the Olympics do much better than a FIFA world cup game.  I had to go pretty far down the worldwide list to find something that wasn't one of those two in the sports category.  Baseball and Football didn't show up.

Date(s) Television broadcast(s) Estimated audience (billions) Source(s) Content
27 July 2012 to 12 August 2012 London 2012 Summer Olympics 3.6 [20] Olympic sports
5 August 2016 to 21 August 2016 Rio 2016 Summer Olympics 3.6 [31]
14 June 2018 to 15 July 2018 Russia 2018 FIFA World Cup 3.572 [32] Association football
8 August 2008 to 24 August 2008 Beijing 2008 Summer Olympics 3.51 [20] Olympic sports
19 July 1996 Atlanta 1996 Summer Olympics opening ceremony 3.5 [11] Opening ceremony
19 July 1996 to 4 August 1996 Atlanta 1996 Summer Olympics 3.5 [33] Olympic sports
15 September 2000 to 1 October 2000 Sydney 2000 Summer Olympics 3.5 [34]
13 August 2004 to 29 August 2004 Athens 2004 Summer Olympics 3.5 [35]
10 June 1998 to 12 July 1998 France 1998 FIFA World Cup 3.4 [36] Association football
11 June 2010 to 11 July 2010 South Africa 2010 FIFA World Cup 3.2 [37]
12 June 2014 to 13 July 2014 Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup 3.2 [38]
31 May 2002 to 30 June 2002 2002 FIFA World Cup (Korea & Japan) 3 [39]
9 June 2006 to 9 July 2006 Germany 2006 FIFA World Cup 3 [40]
8 August 2008 Beijing 2008 Summer Olympics opening ceremony 3 [41] Opening ceremony
14 February 2015 to 29 March 2015 2015 ICC Cricket World Cup (Australia & New Zealand) 2.2 [26] Cricket

21 hours ago, Saorsa said:

They both signed contracts to play games for the same organization.  If they are that great, withdraw from the organization, set up a women's soccer federation and negotiate with FIFA to enter the world cup.

That's some great adice to women in the US...

If a woman took a job at a company where they pay men more than women to do the same job, she should quit and start her own company, and then win the biggest customer contract away from her previous employer.

Reminds me of Trump Junior when asked what he would think if his sister faced sexual harassment at work. He answered by saying his sister wouldn't be in that situation. 

• Like 2

But is there any man alive who would swear that he could 100% defend a soccer goal from a penalty kick by Rapinoe, or Morgan? I'm sure there are men who would say that, but....

56 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

It would be interesting to take the four women Semifinalists and seed them against the four men semifinalists at Wimbledon and see the results.

If they want equal pay for equal work the matches should be 5 sets.

A lot was said when BJ King in her prime beat Bobby Riggs while ignoring the fact that he had whipped Margaret Court 6-2, 6-1 previously.

John McEnroe said the best female player would rank somewhere around #700 among the men. That doesn't speak well for the other 7,714,576,223 / 2, roughly.

Does y'all have any idea how stupid you sound making this argument? I was talking to a VC the other day and she told me that 40% of the CIA is female. The team that tracked down OBL was 3/4 women.

"A lot was said when BJ King in her prime beat Bobby Riggs while ignoring the fact that he had whipped Margaret Court 6-2, 6-1 previously."

Some loud whispers at the time suggested Riggs threw the King match to pay off gambling debts. I watched tho I don't really recall much beyond she ran his butt off and hit many outright winners. Keep in mind, while 55, Riggs had been #1 much earlier and won both Wimbledon and the US Open. My take was he was pushing the ball back rather than trying to hit winners. 

34 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

"A lot was said when BJ King in her prime beat Bobby Riggs while ignoring the fact that he had whipped Margaret Court 6-2, 6-1 previously."

Some loud whispers at the time suggested Riggs threw the King match to pay off gambling debts. I watched tho I don't really recall much beyond she ran his butt off and hit many outright winners. Keep in mind, while 55, Riggs had been #1 much earlier and won both Wimbledon and the US Open. My take was he was pushing the ball back rather than trying to hit winners. 

God damn, you twerps are desperate to keep your scrawny little balls protected aren't you.

1 hour ago, Left Shift said:

God damn, you twerps are desperate to keep your scrawny little balls protected aren't you.

What an odd comment. Are you one of those sanctuary city fags? You go girl!

On 7/11/2019 at 9:21 PM, Saorsa said:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

just admit you are an ignorant troll.

I guess you just don't know entertainment when it hits you in the face... like a Williams serve would.

16 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

What an odd comment. Are you one of those sanctuary city fags? You go girl!

Yep, that's me.  Love the one you're with.  

4 minutes ago, Keith said:

I guess you just don't know entertainment when it hits you in the face... like a Williams serve would.

Sure she could blow it by me and you but if you caught the Federer/Nadal final set today, you'd have to agree Serena wouldn't be returning any of those guys' first serves. She's much too slow. Wonderful player to be sure, and classy too. I've always preferred Venus, meself, tall and lithe. 

Good one. 

What the soccer women really need is the agents and lawyers that  got all the golf and tennis ladies all those huge bucks.

20 hours ago, another 505 sailor said:

That's some great adice to women in the US...

If a woman took a job at a company where they pay men more than women to do the same job, she should quit and start her own company, and then win the biggest customer contract away from her previous employer.

Reminds me of Trump Junior when asked what he would think if his sister faced sexual harassment at work. He answered by saying his sister wouldn't be in that situation. 

That's always a possibilitiy.  Or, she could go to another company.  In the case of Soccer,  The entire team could quit.  It's not like there aren't plenty of jobs open in other fields.

Most of them are already playing professional soccer and went to school on athletic scholarships.

None of them are going hungry.

35 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

That's always a possibilitiy.  Or, she could go to another company.  In the case of Soccer,  The entire team could quit.  It's not like there aren't plenty of jobs open in other fields.

Most of them are already playing professional soccer and went to school on athletic scholarships.

All of that is true. They can also sue US Soccer for gender discrimination, which they have.

17 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

The man who originated and produced the Riggs/King match (dont recall his name) was interviewed years later.  He said anyone who thought of this as an actual sporting event of any credence was completely out of their mind.  Something they relied on for viewership. 

Kind if like a man doing a 100 yard dash versus a horse.  

35 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

Perhaps in whatever fantasy field you chose to work in, it would be simple to pack up and move to another job. When one spends their entire life focusing intently on one subject, to the detriment of all others, it is not so simple to pack up and transfer to another field. One does not become a world champion 4 times over at age 37 (or whatever) by also dabbling in textile design, and or neuropsychopharmacology.

These people are one trick ponies, so to speak. Yes the younger ones can start over, but by Rapinoe's age, she has a hobby job at best if she leaves pro-soccer.

49 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

Sure, carpet will fill your stomach but it's really not a complete meal.  

I didn’t give a Flying fuck whether there was a women’s soccer team a few months ago... still don't

i didn’t give a Flying fuck what some women did after their soccer game a few months ago... still don’t 

i didn’t give a Flying fuck who stood for the National anthem and who took the opportunity to go hit the restroom... still don’t 

I cared whether the POTUS was caught blatantly lying every time it came up from my earliest memory of paying attention.... I still do

From my earliest interest and study of mankind’s influence on the ecosystem I have wondered how it could be possible to build cities and highways, cut down huge forests, burn entire mountains made of coal, drive cars that spit toxic hauls, and throw barges of garbage in the oceans without fucking up the equilibrium and causing us all to die.... I still do 

The difference between The lesbian soccer player and the typical Gropenfuhrer supporter?? Her kids won’t be polluting the planet. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

at the core of the Reich-winger is a desire to see others suffer for no other reason than to give the Reichwinger joy in others suffering.

Cite?

2 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Perhaps in whatever fantasy field you chose to work in, it would be simple to pack up and move to another job. When one spends their entire life focusing intently on one subject, to the detriment of all others, it is not so simple to pack up and transfer to another field. One does not become a world champion 4 times over at age 37 (or whatever) by also dabbling in textile design, and or neuropsychopharmacology.

These people are one trick ponies, so to speak. Yes the younger ones can start over, but by Rapinoe's age, she has a hobby job at best if she leaves pro-soccer.

You needed a pretty big qualifier to fuel your ulcers there.  She hasn't met it though, has she?  When she does I'd be willing to bet on a job as a talking head on ESPN.  Meanwhile, her endorsement deals will keep the bread coming in.

18 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

Sure, carpet will fill your stomach but it's really not a complete meal.  

OK old timer.

Everyone else realizes younger women have hardwood floors these days.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

OK old timer.

or asphalt landing strips.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

OK old timer.

Really???

2 hours ago, Sean said:

Really???

That's why they don't have crabs....

She presented herself very well on 60 minutes this morning.  Cute as a button, considered her thoughts very carefully, and gave off an air of humility and wanting to do the right thing.  She was impressive. 

I have written to Pence requesting a 1M grant to cure her.  She's obviously sick, and I'm not a doctor, but I can fix her.  Waiting on a response.  

Edit: He responded with two questions:

1.  Have I ever masturbated, and 

2.  Have I ever had sex when the room wasn't totally dark?

Responses:

1.  Not since 1017 this morning, and

2.  I usually wear sunglasses, does that count?

I hate that asshole only second to Trump.  

• Like 3