random

The NRA is tearing itself apart

1 hour ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I just joined the LGC and made a nice donation to their organization.  Maybe because they have the word "Liberal" in their name, maybe the gun grabbers will take them seriously and listen for a change.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:  Ok sorry, I'm cracking myself up.  See @SloopJonB, now that's ^ Humor!

GAWD!

You are such a whiny bitchlette. Who knew?

Oh everyone?

Carry on.

I'll take this on.

I know a couple people who work (worked?) at the NRA and plenty of the people in that building would have also worke at the NBA or the EPA or even the SPCA if their resume had got a response there. It is just a job doing IT or accounting or whatever. I cannot imagine any sane or moral person wishing for them to be killed.

I realize humor can be pretty rough on SA and PA in particular, but I am going to come down on the side of "went a bit too far". There was a time when I would have thought it just funny, but Trump has dredged up everything evil in this country and given it a sense of purpose and belonging. When he says "It really would be shame if those protestors got beat up, but I'll pay your legal bills" or his endless variations on "Nice building you have there, shame if something happened to it", it really isn't a joke and we have dead people showing how much of a non-joke this is.

So Jeff - you like how this bitch is burning now? You think only the Reichistas will go too far? This shit keeps up and you'll have all kinds going too far.

36 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

iWait sa minute, I'll take this on.

I know a couple people who work (worked?) at the NRA and plenty of the people in that building would have also worke at the NBA or the EPA or even the SPCA if their resume had got a response there. It is just a job doing IT or accounting or whatever. I cannot imagine any sane or moral person wishing for them to be killed.

I realize humor can be pretty rough on SA and PA in particular, but I am going to come down on the side of "went a bit too far". There was a time when I would have thought it just funny, but Trump has dredged up everything evil in this country and given it a sense of purpose and belonging. When he says "It really would be shame if those protestors got beat up, but I'll pay your legal bills" or his endless variations on "Nice building you have there, shame if something happened to it", it really isn't a joke and we have dead people showing how much of a non-joke this is.

So Jeff - you like how this bitch is burning now? You think only the Reichistas will go too far? This shit keeps up and you'll have all kinds going too far.

Wait a minute, KIS, please note the following:

Jeff wants black gangstas to kill each other off. 
Jeff requires ME to shoot any biker rapists "stacked on top of Gandhi's wife.'

But when @Spatial Ed wished a Ghadaffy- type figure's demise, Jeff threatened to beat Spatial up, at a future regatta.
Jeffie can wish death by firearm, but Miscut Jib and Spatial cannot?

The only difference in these deaths is the personal (and flawed) judgment of one JBSF. We need to be more careful than that.

• Like 3

On 6/28/2019 at 5:08 PM, -Dino said:

(typical gun nut stuff)

Two questions.

1. Do you consider yourself well-informed?
  2. What's up with the nine posts before weighing in on PA?

1 hour ago, jocal505 said:

Wait a minute, KIS, please note the following:

Jeff wants black gangstas to kill each other off. 
Jeff requires ME to shoot any biker rapists "stacked on top of Gandhi's wife.'

But when @Spatial Ed wished a Ghadaffy- type figure's demise, Jeff threatened to beat Spatial up, at a future regatta.
Jeffie can wish death by firearm, but Miscut Jib and Spatial cannot?

The only difference in these deaths is the personal (and flawed) judgment of one JBSF. We need to be more careful than that.

Jeff being a douche is a different issue. I stand by my statement. His bad behaviour previously just makes him a Trump style whiner, but does not make the other post a good idea.

YMMV

Ok, Jeff being a douche is indeed a different matter. But in this case he's being a hypocritical douche and in a gun thread no less. We have all silently agreed that gun threads are meant to be a safe space for conservatives to vent and not have their boy Shitstain brought up. So for Jeff to violate the piety of this anal sanctum, that's really a bit much.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Jeff being a douche is a different issue. I stand by my statement. His bad behaviour previously just makes him a Trump style whiner, but does not make the other post a good idea.

YMMV

A fine distinction you have made. No mileage varies.  I want the press and the stats and the grandmas to destroy the NRA, not gun fire.

Allow me to summarize a burning matter, for our Mr. Jeff.  In our community, we have shared many discussions of whether Jeff's model behavior is taking the law into one's own hands, or not. Expecting the use of a gun on a rapist is openly coaching vigilantism. 

Next, we can shoot at Jeffis's bad guys, but not at others' bad guys? WTF?

1 hour ago, jocal505 said:

A fine distinction you have made. No mileage varies.  I want the press and the stats and the grandmas to destroy the NRA, not gun fire.

Allow me to summarize a burning matter, for our Mr. Jeff.  In our community, we have shared many discussions of whether Jeff's model behavior is taking the law into one's own hands, or not. Expecting the use of a gun on a rapist is openly coaching vigilantism. 

Next, we can shoot at Jeffis's bad guys, but not at others' bad guys? WTF?

1 - if you carry on about shooting various people or whatever and complain now, one issue.

TOTALLY DISCONNECTED FROM THAT

2 - I do not agree with posting about employee shooting rampages because people are really doing that shit and need no encouragements.

So........... 1 is a thing you can agree with or not and 2 is a thing you can agree with or not. 1 does not inform 2 and vice versa.

IMHO and YMMV (meant to convey I am not the God of the Forum and others may think totally differently)

5 hours ago, jocal505 said:
5 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Oh I understand all too well.  I don't particularly think that an American wishing murder on other fellow Americans because of political or ideological differences is much of a laughing matter.  Maybe as a Canuckistani, you think it's comedy central, but I don't.  I think its sick and disgusting.  But now that I know it's funny, I'll be sure to crack some jokes about murdering fellow Americans when the timing it right. 

BTW - are you OK if I talk about killing Canadians or wishing Canadians would be murdered?  It's just humor, right?

You have no right to wish the termination of any biker rapist. 

Soooo..... what is the current price of tea in China these days?

And sorry joey - if said biker rapist is attempting to rape my wife or daughter - I not only have the right to "wish" his termination, I have the right to carry it out.  And I will. 

Not that @Bent Sailor would likely do the same, but each to his own.  Everyone makes their own choices.

5 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:
6 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

His opinion on gun rightz in the US don't count.

It matters just as much as yours.

Not 1 iota.

Sorry, didn't mean to be uncivil.  Was just pointing out that your opinions on US gun laws and gun rights actually are irrelevant.  Just like my opinion on AUS laws are irrelevant.  You're more than welcome to voice them, but they are still irrelevant.  However, mine actually ARE relevant to US gun laws because I get to vote on US matters.  

However, Mismoyled Jibroux and his alter ego sock Jiz'r will be along any moment to tell me that I'm a fucking treasonous cunt for daring to own gunz in the first place, Olsen will express concern but not really be able to have a thought of his own that he didn't hear from someone else, Jocal will talk about Heller VXI and still confuse who Miller and McDonald was and then attempt to tamp down the ensuing ridicule by posting about his days of working in the hood, jumping over cars and murdering tree stumps under the guise of intimidating meth heads.  Bad Lattitude will illegally sell some more assault rifles to "friends" without going through background checks all the while decrying the NRA.  And Gaytor will tell us that we need universal access to Vespas without being judged.  Tom will Lick his dogballs and Sol will continue to avoid directly answering any questions while remaining concerned that people here seem incapable of answering direct questions.  

Just saying.

21 hours ago, benwynn said:

Ben has "ben" a member, and when safety and educating people took a back seat to lobbying and pandering, and some of the articles in American Rifleman appeared to be bullshit, Ben didn't renew his membership. 

Same here.

1 minute ago, MauiPunter said:
21 hours ago, benwynn said:

Ben has "ben" a member, and when safety and educating people took a back seat to lobbying and pandering, and some of the articles in American Rifleman appeared to be bullshit, Ben didn't renew his membership. 

Same here.

#metoo

Except that I bought a lifetime membership, so kinda hard not to renew.  I give my $$ to the Liberal Gun Club now.

Yep. I’ve been a member. Back when it had a different charter.

16 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

However, Mismoyled Jibroux and his alter ego sock Jiz'r will be along any moment to tell me that I'm a fucking treasonous cunt for daring to own gunz in the first place, Olsen will express concern but not really be able to have a thought of his own that he didn't hear from someone else, Jocal will talk about Heller VXI and still confuse who Miller and McDonald was and then attempt to tamp down the ensuing ridicule by posting about his days of working in the hood, jumping over cars and murdering tree stumps under the guise of intimidating meth heads.  Bad Lattitude will illegally sell some more assault rifles to "friends" without going through background checks all the while decrying the NRA.  And Gaytor will tell us that we need universal access to Vespas without being judged.  Tom will Lick his dogballs and Sol will continue to avoid directly answering any questions while remaining concerned that people here seem incapable of answering direct questions.  

I think part of the reason conservatives fail at humor is they fail to understand the subject enough to make jokes about it.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Sorry, didn't mean to be uncivil.  Was just pointing out that your opinions on US gun laws and gun rights actually are irrelevant.  Just like my opinion on AUS laws are irrelevant.  You're more than welcome to voice them, but they are still irrelevant.  However, mine actually ARE relevant to US gun laws because I get to vote on US matters.  

Just saying.

Treasonous cunt!

2 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Just saying.

Nice bit of creativity. Oh, wait....

3 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Just saying.

I answer questions for those who reciprocate. When you talk past me I will respond in kind. 

3 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

... Olsen will express concern but not really be able to have a thought of his own that he didn't hear from someone else ...

!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Just saying.

When did you get to vote on repealing the 2nd?

Our opinions on US gun laws are equally irrelevant because there will never be a vote on the 2nd.

1 hour ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Our opinions on US gun laws are equally irrelevant because there will never be a vote on the 2nd.

Jeff isn't voting on any 2A repeal. Jeff is just the common clay of the new West. In this republic, you have to be a legislator (House, Senate or state) to vote on a 2A repeal.

6 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

And sorry joey - if said biker rapist is attempting to rape my wife or daughter - I not only have the right to "wish" his termination, I have the right to carry it out.  And I will. 

Not that @Bent Sailor would likely do the same, but each to his own.  Everyone makes their own choices.

You are keenly planning on shooting rapists in a hypothetical family scenario. While drooling, you demand that Bent and I sign up with you.

But you fall apart (from self-righteousness) and flick to violence (by conditioning) if Spatial suggests the offing of a Ghadaffy.

Jeffie, you need to explain this distinction. 

21 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:
On 7/1/2019 at 4:21 AM, Importunate Tom said:

In case you missed it, some good reading material from your new favorite gun group

On 6/25/2019 at 4:56 PM, Importunate Tom said:

Or maybe they're just spreading hate. Their argument is pretty similar to the NRA's and I approve, so...

I just joined the LGC and made a nice donation to their organization.  Maybe because they have the word "Liberal" in their name, maybe the gun grabbers will take them seriously and listen for a change.

Keep dreaming. And $peaking, if you wish. We're a long way from a day when it will be OK to say that any gun control measure goes too far. They said it in the above brief, which I'm probably the only person here to have read.

13 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I answer questions for those who reciprocate. When you talk past me I will respond in kind. 

When have I talked past you?  I think I have been pretty consistent in answering most questions directly, yours especially.  Happy to be edumacated otherwise.

11 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Oh the pretty binary world you must live in.  You DO realize there are other gun laws in effect or being considered other than repealing the 2A, right?? 

10 hours ago, jocal505 said:

You are keenly planning on shooting rapists in a hypothetical family scenario. While drooling, you demand that Bent and I sign up with you.

But you fall apart (from self-righteousness) and flick to violence (by conditioning) if Spatial suggests the offing of a Ghadaffy.

Jeffie, you need to explain this distinction. 

I'd be happy to if I had a fuckin clue what the hell you're saying.  As usual, its authentic frontier gibberish......

13 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

When have I talked past you?  I think I have been pretty consistent in answering most questions directly, yours especially.  Happy to be edumacated otherwise.

You do it all the time, taking something I’ve said to try to drag me into a conversation that is tangentially related to something that you were talking about, like Tom does but not as obnoxious about it. In this case it was me saying that people who teach other people to hate Americans enough to want to kill them are reprehensible pieces of shit who deserve all that karma heaps on them, and you pulling me into a shit fight over another poster wishing someone dead. Those are two different topics and I am not going to talk about every topic, particularly one so simple. And I damn sure won’t waste time talking guns, lest I end up in dogballs worm hole, other than to pay respects to the folks whose rights were taken away. Other than that, if it isn’t a sock puppet or other form of bullshitter, if someone asks an honest question and shows the disposition to honestly answer questions, I have no problem responding.  

For my take on wishing people dead, see the Mark Twain quote above. 

34 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I'd be happy to if I had a fuckin clue what the hell you're saying.  As usual, its authentic frontier gibberish......

Gotcha. Try again. These insights are yours to confuse, or to gain from. I can't learn it for you.

If you want to examine your personal violence, and your constant pressure for others to adopt it, take advantage of our exchanges. The forums are a blessing, you have left a seven=year trail of justifying and peddling violence. But only the Jeffie-approved violence. 

16 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

You do it all the time, taking something I’ve said to try to drag me into a conversation that is tangentially related to something that you were talking about, like Tom does but not as obnoxious about it. In this case it was me saying that people who teach other people to hate Americans enough to want to kill them are reprehensible pieces of shit who deserve all that karma heaps on them, and you pulling me into a shit fight over another poster wishing someone dead. Those are two different topics and I am not going to talk about every topic, particularly one so simple. And I damn sure won’t waste time talking guns, lest I end up in dogballs worm hole, other than to pay respects to the folks whose rights were taken away. Other than that, if it isn’t a sock puppet or other form of bullshitter, if someone asks an honest question and shows the disposition to honestly answer questions, I have no problem responding.  

For my take on wishing people dead, see the Mark Twain quote above. 

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I had directly asked you when or what was said when you said Dana Loesch said she hated dRats and wished them all dead.  And you've ignored me so far.  Maybe I misunderstood you and you weren't talking about DL.  If so, I apologize.

2 minutes ago, jocal505 said:
37 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Try again. These insights are yours to confuse, or to gain from. I can't learn for you.

If you want to examine your personal violence, and your constant pressure for others to adopt it, take advantage of our exchanges. The forums are a blessing, you have left a seven=year trail of peddling violence.

Nope, I even tried using Google translate and there still is no selection for Jocal to English 

26 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I damn sure won’t waste time talking guns, lest I end up in dogballs worm hole, other than to pay respects to the folks whose rights were taken away.

I'd think that paying respects might include taking a position on the universal SOLution to people being shot. At least, to convenient people being shot, which would exclude just about every "mass shooting" in the scary looking weapons thread.

Just now, Shootist Jeff said:

Nope, I even tried using Google translate and there still is no selection for Jocal to English 

If you are ignorant or dense, I can make it more vivid for you.

You played the choirboy, you feigned offense that someone wished gunfire-type karma inside the NRA HQ. 

You played the choirboy, offended that Spatial Ed wished the demise of a despot.

But you wish internal violence on the blacks, and on rapists (which is basic vigilantism) repeatedly.

What's up with this?

5 minutes ago, Importunate Tom said:

I'd think that paying respects might include taking a position on the universal SOLution to people being shot. At least, to convenient people being shot, which would exclude just about every "mass shooting" in the scary looking weapons thread.

It was like Hamburger Hill  in the USA last weekend, with eleven mass shootings. Are you suggesting doing nothing? Are you just adding confusion?

Just what are you suggesting to Corey Booker, Stalwell, DiFi,, et all?

12 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

But you wish internal violence on the blacks, and on rapists (which is basic vigilantism) repeatedly.

Internal violence?  What's that?  

And I still don't think you quite Grok the concept of what vigilantism is and is not.  If I catch someone raping or attempting to rape my wife or daughter and I put a bullet in their face during the act, that is not vigilantism - its called Self defense or defense of others - which is perfectly legal and morally accepted in most circles.  If I later go hunt own said rapist and put a bullet in his face the next day - that IS vigilantism and is both illegal and generally not socially acceptable.  Accuracy in language is important joe and its a skill you are wholly deficient in.  Just saying.  

13 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

You must have forgotten a central Jeffie concern, all the black-on-black violence.  An emerging bloodbath. You relish in it. You think it neutralizes a problem. I can quote you many times, and I can quote you recently.

And I still don't think you quite Grok the concept of what vigilantism is and is not.  If I catch someone raping or attempting to rape my wife or daughter and I put a bullet in their face during the act, that is not vigilantism - its called Self defense or defense of others - which is perfectly legal and morally accepted in most circles.  If I later go hunt own said rapist and put a bullet in his face the next day - that IS vigilantism and is both illegal and generally not socially acceptable.  Accuracy in language is important joe and its a skill you are wholly deficient in.  Just saying.  

You are planning to shoot bad guys, and even insisting that others like Bent join you. You are a vigiqnte, selling vigilantism, running straight up the middle.

The ganstas use the very same values.

And you all need to sort it out better.

2 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Oh the pretty binary world you must live in.  You DO realize there are other gun laws in effect or being considered other than repealing the 2A, right?? 

Of course there is.

How many of them have you directly voted on?

1 hour ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I had directly asked you when or what was said when you said Dana Loesch said she hated dRats and wished them all dead.  And you've ignored me so far.  Maybe I misunderstood you and you weren't talking about DL.  If so, I apologize.

Go back and look at what I said about her.  She has every right to wish all democRATS dead, as long as she doesn't act on it or call for it.  What I take issue with, about her, is that she teaches other people to hate Americans enough to want to kill them. There are plenty of people who hate Americans enough to kill us.  There are fewer in a position to teach others to do it, and there are fewer still who have a platform/mechanism that allows them to reach a whole lot of people. That puts her in the company of Osama bin Laden, in terms of encouraging rabid followers to hate Americans, but not in terms of ordering the killing. We are seeing stuff like this play out in real time; just look at the goober who showed up to liberate the children from the sex ring operated out of the basement of a pizza parlor with no basement.  People believe this stuff and it is becoming mainstream.  The President validates Alex Jones. We have people working really hard to divide us and make us see each other as the enemy.  That is a real problem.  Someone thinking "bitch I wish you wuz dead" is not a similar problem.  I'm betting there are people thinking that every day. 

4 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Go back and look at what I said about her.  She has every right to wish all democRATS dead, as long as she doesn't act on it or call for it.  What I take issue with, about her, is that she teaches other people to hate Americans enough to want to kill them. There are plenty of people who hate Americans enough to kill us.  There are fewer in a position to teach others to do it, and there are fewer still who have a platform/mechanism that allows them to reach a whole lot of people. That puts her in the company of Osama bin Laden, in terms of encouraging rabid followers to hate Americans, but not in terms of ordering the killing. We are seeing stuff like this play out in real time; just look at the goober who showed up to liberate the children from the sex ring operated out of the basement of a pizza parlor with no basement.  People believe this stuff and it is becoming mainstream.  The President validates Alex Jones. We have people working really hard to divide us and make us see each other as the enemy.  That is a real problem.  Someone thinking "bitch I wish you wuz dead" is not a similar problem.  I'm betting there are people thinking that every day. 

Amen! 

21 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Dylann Roof the actor did not happen in a vacuum. He had ancillary support and validation from others. He had a village, with voices.

Well, this is why accepting a pattern of race-baiting is no laughing matter IMHO.

8 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Jefraux, i’ve noticed  you post a lot about rape relative to the group.  As in I can’t remember anyone posting about rape outside the confines of an abortion thread.  You on the other hand post rape scenarios in various threads apropos to nothing.  Some here have said that you have first person accounts of said scenarios but I have not seen that.

Anyway knock of the rape posts, it will make you SEEM more normal

9 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Jefraux, i’ve noticed  you post a lot about rape relative to the group.  As in I can’t remember anyone posting about rape outside the confines of an abortion thread.  You on the other hand post rape scenarios in various threads apropos to nothing.  Some here have said that you have first person accounts of said scenarios but I have not seen that.

Anyway knock of the rape posts, it will make you SEEM more normal

I'm not saying someone has a deviant fetish, but if Jeff doesn't delete his browser history every night, I'm surprised!

Perhaps hiring the poster child of illegal arms trafficking was a double edged sword?

On 6/28/2019 at 7:29 PM, Ease the sheet. said:

Mr Dino.

You seem reasonable. Do you really want to waste your time here?

Not sure but everyone has the right to their own beliefs :)

• Like 1

On 6/29/2019 at 12:36 AM, SloopJonB said:

I see we have a new Floriduhn gun nutter.

Come on that's not fair - I'm a transplant from New Hampshire. I do agree though that their is some dumb fuckin people down here (a lot) :)

7 hours ago, -Dino said:

Come on that's not fair - I'm a transplant from New Hampshire. I do agree though that their is some dumb fuckin people down here (a lot) :)

No one cares about your transplant, NRA socks don't rate here.

But if you haven't recovered by next week, try shifting back there and STFU.

On 7/2/2019 at 8:37 AM, jocal505 said:

You must have forgotten a central Jeffie concern, all the black-on-black violence.  An emerging bloodbath. You relish in it. You think it neutralizes a problem. I can quote you many times, and I can quote you recently.

You are planning to shoot bad guys, and even insisting that others like Bent join you. You are a vigiqnte, selling vigilantism, running straight up the middle.

The ganstas use the very same values.

And you all need to sort it out better.

Ah, I understand now.  Criminals shooting other criminals.  Win win.  I don’t so really so much “advocate” it as I do just recognize that I’m not going to lose any sleep over it.

And how am I “planning” to shoot bad guys?  By simply being prepared to defend myself????  By that definition, Boy Scouts are Arsonists because they are prepared to make fire.  This just proves that you don’t have a fucking clue what the definition of vigilantism really is.  

22 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

And how am I “planning” to shoot bad guys?  By simply being prepared to defend myself????

You are not only visualizing yourself shooting rapists and biker rapists, but you even have the audacity to call for others to shoot YOUR bad guys.

You pressured me to do so, then you tried it on Bent.  Now you try to claim you have no plans to shoot bad guys?

You are a peddler (and hall monitor) of street justice, on PA.

Douche douche douche.

8 hours ago, Importunate Tom said:

Thanks Tom. Here are the juicy bits, from Ammoland.

An NRA exec and LCM dealer, Pete Brownell, resigned as "president", suddenly, days after a Russian asset was arrested.

Enter Ollie North. North will hold the (inconsequential) office of "President" while getting paid a million a year to be an NRA TV star of sorts. HIs check will be signed by the NRA's public relations firm, Ackerman McQueen ("Ack Mac" to NRA insiders). Fortmerly, this position was filled gratis.

(the block quotes are from dogballs, the Ammoland link:) According to North, LaPierre helped negotiate the contract.

With the 50 million loss in revenue in 2017, North took a pay cut to $800K.

Over the years, Lapierre had become indistinguishable from Ack Mac, who had crafted the Lapierre PR image. Ack-Mack's NRA revenue had climbed to $40 million/year by 2017, with good-buddy deals spread about.

Internally, the NRA now faces challenges in New York State. The NRA has been forced to update corporate discolsure documents, and a dustup has resulted. The work of reporter Mike Spies, of The Trace, set it off. He partnered with The New Yorker.   Secrecy, Self-Dealing, and Greed at the N.R.A.

One hunmdred pages of filed documents were uncovered and revealed.

Wayne's clothing bills had gone to Ack Mac, who juiced the amounts and just billed the NRA. This became an issue. So Lapierre demanded an accounting from AckMack.  When the accounting was not forthcoming, the NRA filed a lawsuit  against AckMack. 

Other leaks from inside the NRA have been come regularly, according to Ammoland.

A new NRA Treasurer, Craig Spray, took office in 2018, and may have been reluctant to sign off on required tax filings without proper documentation for the sums paid to Ack-Mac.

(…)

THE GUY IN THE WHITE HAT

To sue their own insurance company over the collapse of the Carry Guards fiasco, the NRA's chosen lawyer was a Texan named William Brewer iii, and the legal fees ran steadily at $100k per day. Ollie North got his back up, North went to the number two and three company officers (Richard Childress, and  Carolyn Meadows) who joined him in confronting the Ack-Mac/LaPierre factor. They demanded a look at Brewer's legal billings.

Declaring Brewer’s fees “an existential threat to the financial stability of NRA,” North demanded the production of the legal bills and supporting documents for review, and was joined by First Vice President Richard Childress, whose financial independence and integrity are unquestioned. When these demands were rebuffed, North circulated a letter to the Board, calling for an independent inquiry into Brewer’s billing.

So...Brewer’s astronomical legal bills in pursuit of Ack-Mac became a focus of North’s attention, possibly at the bequest of his employer (Ack Mac).

SWEPT UP IN NRA CROSSFIRE

Chris Cox , who runs a pretty tight ship at the ILA, with a modest staff, became swept into the difficulties. He was suspended. Ms. Meadows took the helm of the "presidency",  and assured the membership all was shipshape.

Carolyn-Meadows-NRA Prez 2019.jpg

Carolyn Meadows, the newest NRA President

“the entire board is fully aware of these issues,”

"we have full confidence in Lapierre"

WAYNE'S REVENGE                                         

Note: William Brewer III is the brother-in-law of one partner at Ack Mac, and the son-in-law of another. His billings, according to Tom's Ammoland article, are $100k/day.

Brewer’s charges total more than $24 million over the past year, and apparently continue at a breathtaking if not larcenous rate, about $1.8 million per month.

Brewer is now the attorney now suing... Ollie North. 

Note: After exposure from the investigative team last year, Mr. Brewer was immediately removed from representing the NRA by the federal bench in Virginia.

On July 3, a key donor publicly called for a regime change at the NRA. Other NRA donors joined him.

A wealthy NRA donor is leading a financial revolt against the group’s leadership. David Dell’Aquila, a retired technology consultant, told The New York Times that a network of top National Rifle Association donors is ready to withhold millions in funds unless the gun group replaces “radioactive” CEO Wayne LaPierre and makes other specific reforms. A second donor told the Times that he’s also suspending his giving. The reasons cited by Dell’Aquila for pulling his money included our story about the organization’s ex- CFO, Woody Phillips, and his alleged embezzlement at a previous job.

On 7/1/2019 at 1:21 AM, Importunate Tom said:

In case you missed it, some good reading material from your new favorite gun group

Or maybe they're just spreading hate. Their argument is pretty similar to the NRA's and I approve, so...

My new favorite gun group?  You wanna do your usual schtick and dig through 15 years of trash and quote me on that? 

Looking forward to the nostalgia.

On 7/2/2019 at 10:37 PM, jocal505 said:

You are planning to shoot bad guys, and even insisting that others like Bent join you.

Bent was happy enough to shoot himself in the foot in the lead up to our federal election. Been MIA ever since.

On 7/1/2019 at 5:32 AM, Importunate Tom said:

Helpful link added.

a rick-roll...to race-baiting ^^^

3 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Bent was happy enough to shoot himself in the foot in the lead up to our federal election. Been MIA ever since.

Yeah, better to just stick with long live the queen. He never listens to me. ;)

On 7/9/2019 at 2:07 AM, jocal505 said:

a rick-roll...to race-baiting ^^^

The irony is this is coming the biggest racist on this site.  

9 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Don’t sell yourself short Jeffreaux..

7 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

That's quite an accusation. And an example where one idiot's race-baiting on PA drew a second race-baiter on PA.  

The rubes love this stuff. Dylann Roof is chuckling along.

No fine man would go there, Jeffie. Can you support your statement honorably?

On 7/1/2019 at 9:16 AM, jocal505 said:

the violence in the USA increased, for seven years.

Cite?  AFAIK, the violent crime rate in the US has been steadily dropping for decades (except for a slight upward blip from 2014 to 2017).

On 7/1/2019 at 2:31 PM, Shootist Jeff said:

You sure you want to double down on that line of argument?  Last time I tuned in, I thought your position was that you never said that and he'd misunderstood.

Fuck I love this thread. Jeffreaux goes from saying I'm a nasty piece of shit for making a poor taste joke about the NRA, to expressing his conviction that he's a right to personally carry out extra-judicial murder, expressing his deep desire to do that and suggesting that people who aren't in favor of extrajudicial murder are deficient. Gotta hand it to you @Shootist Jeff you really ramped up the attention whore this time, worthless cunt. Hopefully @chum will give you that rimjob you've been craving.

1 hour ago, frenchie said:
On 7/1/2019 at 6:16 AM, jocal505 said:

,the violence in the USA increased, for seven years.

Cite?  AFAIK, the violent crime rate in the US has been steadily dropping for decades (except for a slight upward blip from 2014 to 2017).

I was discussing gun violence, with a gun violence guy (Jeff), on an NRA thread.  Besides, Frenchie, very little violent crime relates to gun violence, but does generally follow RTC law approvals, as noted in fourteen new RTC states.  http://www.nber.org/papers/w23510>

That said,  gun violence itself is going up, dramatically. My source is the CDC.

11 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Fuck I love this thread. Jeffreaux goes from saying I'm a nasty piece of shit for making a poor taste joke about the NRA, to expressing his conviction that he's a right to personally carry out extra-judicial murder, expressing his deep desire to do that and suggesting that people who aren't in favor of extrajudicial murder are deficient. Gotta hand it to you @Shootist Jeff you really ramped up the attention whore this time, worthless cunt. Hopefully @chum will give you that rimjob you've been craving.

Hey shitstain, there's a gulf of difference between YOU wishing innocent people dead because you disagree with their politics to saying that I would legally defend myself and my family if attacked.  That fact that you call legal self-defense "extrajudicial murder" says everything about you that anyone needs to know - that you're a cunt ooze of the highest order.  

Nice try at deflection from your earlier comment, but as in likely everything else in your life - total fail.  Just Saying.

7 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Hey shitstain, there's a gulf of difference between YOU wishing innocent people dead because you disagree with their politics to saying that I would legally defend myself and my family if attacked.  That fact that you call legal self-defense "extrajudicial murder" says everything about you that anyone needs to know - that you're a cunt ooze of the highest order.  

Nice try at deflection from your earlier comment, but as in likely everything else in your life - total fail.  Just Saying.

Wow wee ...

Anyone want to see this prick wandering about with a gun?

32 minutes ago, random said:

Wow wee ...

Anyone want to see this prick wandering about with a gun?

Look at the up side. The dumpster area would remain secure.

20 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Jeffreaux goes from saying I'm a nasty piece of shit for making a poor taste joke about the NRA

Oh alrighty then ...

guns-marriage-vaginas-58b8cdc43df78c353c

or more about the NRA ..

24xwwq.jpg?ada31c

15 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

hey flea on the tick sucking the oozing pustule on the ass of humanity - this part might get you in trouble.

I not only have the right to "wish" his termination, I have the right to carry it out.  And I will.

People pointed it out to you before. If you think about it you can understand. That you can't suggests you are a stupid asshole who shouldn't be exercising force. But you'll get a rimjob from one of the gun clan.

anyways - the NRA isn't innocent.

Good - bankrupt the cocksuckers if you can't shut them down.

11 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Good - bankrupt the cocksuckers if you can't shut them down.

Trouble in River City. On Wednesday, The Truth About Guns called for the "defunding" of the NRA.

This setting is ripe for a whistleblower figure.

I wonder how Boothy is taking this. :o

On 7/11/2019 at 10:02 AM, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Lol I go away for a few days and Miss starts to miss me so much he can’t help himself. 

As someone said;  “Melt for us you freak!”

:o

:lol:

1 hour ago, chum said:
On 7/11/2019 at 10:02 AM, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Lol I go away for a few days and Miss starts to miss me so much he can’t help himself. 

As someone said;  “Melt for us you freak!”

:o

:lol:

YES, there was definitely a miss Riz’let meltdown

18 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I think it'd funny to shackle your ass and let you ponder why you're such an aggressive little monkey.

22 hours ago, 3to1 said:
22 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I think it'd funny to shackle your ass and let you ponder why you're such an aggressive little monkey.

I'm curious.  What was aggressive about that post?  I was more amused by his meltdown than anything....

38 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I'm curious.  What was aggressive about that post?  I was more amused by his meltdown than anything....

dude no offense, but it seems like you really like to watch things go bang, but to each his own.

3 minutes ago, 3to1 said:

dude no offense, but it seems like you really like to watch things go bang.

I do, especially if I'm doing the banging......  :D

6a179c64822f9d187a7a3792ee67477f.jpg